• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bullheaded Onychomys- Vernon, CT someone lock please

soap

Smash Hero
This tournament is going to suck.

(Kidding)
dont say that, im thinking of flying into this. it will be **** right?

i think ill need a teammate but wont ask anyone to answer cuz its still up in the air, just throwing it out there

Alukard

Smash Hero

i think ill need a teammate but wont ask anyone to answer cuz its still up in the air, just throwing it out there
he is just joking =P

also ... this is coming sooo freaking fast .... O_o' ... i can't wait

Nygma

Smash Cadet
so who is willing to house five people coming over 3 hours away?
I can. Who you with?

You have to be really good at Melee though...so you can make me better and stuff. :)

lol you shouldn't of said (kidding)
Very true considering the fact that this SPAWN person missed both of my tournaments. What a scrub.

SPAWN is one of my good friends, it will be ****ing sick. SPAWNS a good man.

Who do you main/use in teams? Maybe I will team with you.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Javi, post it in the format given in the first post. >_>

Unfortunately, if this were an ANMC event, I don't know where that money goes. It just goes to Chibo, who then just like hangs onto the money til the big huge event or whatever? Doesn't sound too good to me. I don't know Chibo, and I'm sure he wouldn't do anything, but with people stealing money in the past, why should I bother possibly having that happen here?
If I don't make it an ANMC event, players get their money guaranteed. Also, I'm not worried at all about not having that many attendants, lol. I already see a possible of 58 people, and that's like 2 months before it's going to even happen, lol.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Javi, post it in the format given in the first post. >_>

Unfortunately, if this were an ANMC event, I don't know where that money goes. It just goes to Chibo, who then just like hangs onto the money til the big huge event or whatever? Doesn't sound too good to me. I don't know Chibo, and I'm sure he wouldn't do anything, but with people stealing money in the past, why should I bother possibly having that happen here?
If I don't make it an ANMC event, players get their money guaranteed. Also, I'm not worried at all about not having that many attendants, lol. I already see a possible of 58 people, and that's like 2 months before it's going to even happen, lol.
seriously ... its 50$ from each event ... and chibo said he will b responsible for it ... its not like u can't count ... 50$ for each event ... its not stealing if everyone knows about it just saying

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea im holding onto the money from the events. im taking responsibiliy for it. the only way it would be given to someone else at the event is if i cant make it, in which i would have someone going like alukard or jfox to hang onto it until they can give it to me.

it might turn out to be a tad more than 50, it just turned out to be that at alukard's event since he had approximately 50 people enter both events at $10 each. could be 50, could be 60, who knows. 10% isnt much lol

and dont worry about me taking it, as you can track the current funds of the anmc on the thread here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192420
which the amount will be increased with the money i get from this tourney, and you can see it match the final prize at the end of the circuit (in which 100% of it should go to prizes, and if for some reason it won't, it will be explained how much was taken out for what)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll think about it. I love the smash community to death, but when it comes to money... I have very little trust with people considering the occurrences that have happened in the past (Cataclysm, PoF's tourny, etc). Plus, it's looking like it's going to be more than just 50 people entering total between the 2 events. I'm probably going to put up crews too, soon.. I just have no idea how I should do crews still.

soap

Smash Hero
it looks like everyone wants to team with soap, I guess I'll join the bandwagon. Soap team with me.
rofl im not good at teams yet, but im likin it alot more nowadays, it would be cool if some midwest people showed up but this is hella far to drive.

im just coming cuz i think i can swing my connecting flight back from winter break + east coast past md/va is like the only region ive never really met cuz i was too busy to drive with cok to Cata... + i gotta see tecs brother frollicing:embarrass

i like teaming with solid foxes that do all the work while i walk around surveying stuff:laugh:
this was from a recent teams set i just uploaded if anyone wants to check out my shenanigans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEF1ElS9nIw&feature=related

Whoever is providing housing if u see this please PM me your info

it will be a while before i get the flight details worked out cuz i am extending my free ticket that this youth group is buying for me and i likely wont be able to change connecting flights till i am there. Also what airport do i fly into?

javi1589

Smash Apprentice
spawn i realized that there will be housing for the event onsaturday so im good, also i dont read the rules ever haha

javi1589

Smash Apprentice
Names: Javier, Zack, Pav, Umbra, and Luke
Home Location: scranton pa (3hours drive)
Method of Transportation: driving
Additional Comments: house me baby

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Good ish, javi. I'll add it after class.

Banks

Smash Hero
havent had to do a sheik ditto for like a year, this will be gay, r we chaingrabbing? it doesnt change the outcome of a singles match too much, but its pretty gay in crews
I usually don't chaingrab, I know reno agrees not to as well, dazwa doesn't, but spawn is pretty homo =p jk, he only does it SOMETIMES...

and for the record, I hate sheik dittos with a passion, idk if anyone likes them actually....but we will do it anyway just for sheik-love's sake!

Banks

Smash Hero
probably can take some people, pixel drives, me and th0rn definitely, hoggle maybe, then i have to figure out if darc and dazwa have a ride, and from there we'll figure out who can take you, but SOMEHOW we'll all get there..

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Good ****, V.

Also, I cg in Sheik dittos because that's what cool kids do... and I suck at dittos, but I can cg so it makes me suck less.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I usually don't chaingrab, I know reno agrees not to as well, dazwa doesn't, but spawn is pretty homo =p jk, he only does it SOMETIMES...

and for the record, I hate sheik dittos with a passion, idk if anyone likes them actually....but we will do it anyway just for sheik-love's sake!
Plank requested that I go sheik vs him in tournament....

So Plank does :(.

I went fox though :bee:.

If you want to agree to no CGs I'll sheik ditto you. Sheik dittos are actually pretty fun w/o CGs.

:bee:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sheik dittos are stupid. I played M2k in those, he wouldn't cg me, but he'd do something pretty ****ing similar... it's mad hard to get out of. You have to like, tech a jab after he dthrows you, and in order to tech the jab you have to know it's coming. It's so hard. ****ing M2k.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sheik dittos are stupid. I played M2k in those, he wouldn't cg me, but he'd do something pretty ****ing similar... it's mad hard to get out of. You have to like, tech a jab after he dthrows you, and in order to tech the jab you have to know it's coming. It's so hard. ****ing M2k.
m2k usually just straight ***** me. He doesn't do anything that results in a re-grab against me though >_>.

I play sheik dittos all the time vs m2k :bee:.

I won zero of them :(

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
It's dthrow>ftilt and you have to tech it actually. It's so weird.

soap

Smash Hero
u just tech when u hit the ground, what is the problem? tap reset u can jump out of, ftilt at at low percents u can jump out of, buffer roll away from the grab, or di down and CC the following tilt

if u are both properly spaced u will be engaged in a dtilt battle cuz dsmash wont reach, whoever gets their crouch cancel broken first loses.

Top Bottom