• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Bthrow>)Bair>FF>Dair - a good way to spike?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I pulled this off in a match today, and it looked like it would be hard to dodge..
your thoughts on this? (offcourse one has to use his/her second jump before the Dair, or you'll SD)
(the backthrow in this string can be replaced with any move that sends the opponent offstage, Bthrow is just an example)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I think there are also other 'good' ways to spike, basically if you have a fast move that has good range/low lag, it could easily connect into a spike... I'm pretty sure uair to dair also works, it might not spike all the time, but the dair would still hit them away from the stage. I saw this a few times in a combo video, 'Read you like a book'. Or, you could do a nonsweetspotted knee into a dair (try to sweetspot the knee, but if you dont then u can follow up with a dair nicely)

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I pulled this off in a match today, and it looked like it would be hard to dodge..
your thoughts on this? (offcourse one has to use his/her second jump before the Dair, or you'll SD)
(the backthrow in this string can be replaced with any move that sends the opponent offstage, Bthrow is just an example)
lawl i cant help but to say nice username xD

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think there are also other 'good' ways to spike, basically if you have a fast move that has good range/low lag, it could easily connect into a spike... I'm pretty sure uair to dair also works, it might not spike all the time, but the dair would still hit them away from the stage. I saw this a few times in a combo video, 'Read you like a book'. Or, you could do a nonsweetspotted knee into a dair (try to sweetspot the knee, but if you dont then u can follow up with a dair nicely)
Yes, I see what you mean and you're right, Bair isn't the only option.
But to me it seemed that Bair>FF>Second Jump>Dair seemed really hard to dodge for some reason XD it's prolly just my imagination though
but yeah, all the ways you said were good too

and @ brinboy: thanks..I guess XD

Top Bottom