• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

broken downthrow

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
That sir, is definatly new. Could just be wierd DI, but even with that, it never sends people downwards @_0

Cool schtuff

It's either:

1. Something to do with Luigi's trippy traction (unlikely)
2. Wifi glitch?
3. Something D Throw does when at the edge of a stage, possibly only smashville.
4. Some **** strange DI.
5. You're pro.
Or could be a combination?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
That sir, is definatly new. Could just be wierd DI, but even with that, it never sends people downwards @_0

Cool schtuff

It's either:

1. Something to do with Luigi's trippy traction (unlikely)
2. Wifi glitch?
3. Something D Throw does when at the edge of a stage, possibly only smashville.
4. Some **** strange DI.
5. You're pro.
Or could be a combination?
I'm gonna go with 2 and 5.
I definitely don't think it's normal/DI. People can try to re-create if they'd like. good luck lolz

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It's the opponent DIing a similar thing happens with Ness's down throw at the edge frigate Opponent will just be stage spiked.

Pretty sure the DI is out for some part and In after, well that's how it works with Ness'. I was able to recreated Ness' over and over again.

Try that DI to recreate it. Not sure if it'll work.

Villi

Smash Lord
It's the opponent DIing a similar thing happens with Ness's down throw at the edge frigate Opponent will just be stage spiked.

Pretty sure the DI is out for some part and In after, well that's how it works with Ness'. I was able to recreated Ness' over and over again.

Try that DI to recreate it. Not sure if it'll work.
Makes sense. He probably smash DI'd himself into a stage spike. I didn't think you could smash DI throws.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Out for some part and In after? What? Doesn't the throw have 1 trajectory (up) and that's the only one that DI can affect? Where's Mew2King when you need him...
I could try to re-create this but it might be difficult by myself... anyone else feel free.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
This needs to be further looked into. Please try to recreate and post video. See if this can be done with other characters. I'm gonna be busy for the rest of the week, so I don't have enough time to spend on this. Of course, there isn't enough time in the world to satisfy me with this game :p

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I tried replicating it and it doesnt work. Makes me wonder if it was a video edit or something or some weird glitch in wifi...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I did a D-throw near the edge of the stage and the same thing happened to me, only they went almost completely horizontal. The match was over the time limit, so no video, but if its happened twice im sure theres a way to do it (this was also wifi, btw)

Also, I U-smashed bowser and he got hit 3 seperate times :/

I guess Sheik is wierder than we think.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
probably 1 hitbox on the top, 1 on the right and 1 on the left, bowser's bulky enough for that to happen

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
yeah thats definitely what it was.

i have the replay. i can post if you really want me too but all i have to record with is a digicam.

__V

Smash Journeyman
All of Sheik's Usmash hitboxes can hit Bowser. I've managed to hit 40% on him. It's wonderful. =D

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to play a bit later today, I'm going to try to recreate this, and then try other stages/characters/damage %s, and I'll post what I find, if you all like.

If this turns out to be consistent, that would be very interesting, indeed.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I did a D-throw near the edge of the stage and the same thing happened to me, only they went almost completely horizontal. The match was over the time limit, so no video, but if its happened twice im sure theres a way to do it (this was also wifi, btw)

Also, I U-smashed bowser and he got hit 3 seperate times :/

I guess Sheik is wierder than we think.
I've got a 3 hitter before. I get the impression it happens to heavier opponents than are directly behind you. I think works on the sandbag

Top Bottom