• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bringing Brawl Back to Tournaments?

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, I know some folks like it, but I stopped playing Brawl years ago due to how bad it was and I'm seeing the Brawl forum grind to a halt now that SSB4 is out. I think I know why...
It's not like melee (nearly) died out when brawl came out, or that 64 is really ever like it was back in 1999.

Smash 4 is an improvement in every possible way: the online is a BILLION times better, with actual options for instant 1v1s instead of playing team Brawl online. The roster is better (except for lack of ICs, of course). The stage selection is better. And the gameplay itself is quick enough that reflexes matter but not sluggish like Brawl's was.

Also, Smash4 has yet to find a "Metaknight" on its roster, and we've seen some balance patches already and I'm guessing that if infinites become an issue, we'll see them patched out (not to mention DLC).
So yeah, I know some folks like it, but I stopped playing Brawl years ago due to how bad it was and I'm seeing the Brawl forum grind to a halt now that SSB4 is out. I think I know why...
Don't even try to compare the two games (at least not now in the meta development) as pretty much all of the tech that brawl has is not in sm4sh (ignoring JC tosses etc). Doing so is the mistake that killed brawl in the first place: "This game isnt melee so lets not play it"

And the gameplay itself is quick enough that reflexes matter but not sluggish like Brawl's was.
Man, that is just american brawl, you haven't watched enough japanese/european brawl to say that. (think of american meta dittoes as the jiggs dittos of brawl)

I appreciate your opinion though, plenty of thought-provoking stuff in there.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's not like melee (nearly) died out when brawl came out, or that 64 is really ever like it was back in 1999.

Don't even try to compare the two games (at least not now in the meta development) as pretty much all of the tech that brawl has is not in sm4sh (ignoring JC tosses etc). Doing so is the mistake that killed brawl in the first place: "This game isnt melee so lets not play it"

Man, that is just american brawl, you haven't watched enough japanese/european brawl to say that. (think of american meta dittoes as the jiggs dittos of brawl)

I appreciate your opinion though, plenty of thought-provoking stuff in there.
Yeah, I don't like seeing US Brawl, but seeing Mr.E's Marth in action is a thing of beauty.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
True, but both of those games still have a decent or strong tourney presence.

The other issue I have with Brawl is that I feel its character balance is the most out of whack of any of the SSB games, and that's not helped by things like infinites and bugs.

I just feel like Brawl's quality control was the lowest of all the SSB games. I mean, HOW did the fact that Marth can mash grab infinitely on Ness and Lucas slip through testing? How did no one ever go off the screen with Bowser's flying slam after his victim had been knocked out of his grasp? How did laser locking not get found?

These are the types of obvious things that would've been caught in any halfway decent testing cycle.

I can understand some of the infinites that took time to perfect, but the basic stuff like the aforementioned makes me feel like Sakurai just didn't care... :\

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
True, but both of those games still have a decent or strong tourney presence.

The other issue I have with Brawl is that I feel its character balance is the most out of whack of any of the SSB games, and that's not helped by things like infinites and bugs.

I just feel like Brawl's quality control was the lowest of all the SSB games. I mean, HOW did the fact that Marth can mash grab infinitely on Ness and Lucas slip through testing? How did no one ever go off the screen with Bowser's flying slam after his victim had been knocked out of his grasp? How did laser locking not get found?

These are the types of obvious things that would've been caught in any halfway decent testing cycle.

I can understand some of the infinites that took time to perfect, but the basic stuff like the aforementioned makes me feel like Sakurai just didn't care... :\

Both of these games has plenty of glitches. Sm4sh was the only one he had the luxury of patching, however.

The character balance is a fair point tho, but Melee wasn't the best either. xD Smash 4 and 64 were the most balanced Smash games. But Sakurai did the balancing of the previous games all by himself. He had a team in this one. So he obviously saw that a huge roster like Brawl's NEEDED a balancing team, it wasn't just 8 characters anymore.

I've heard that Smash has SO many variables, that finding ALL the glitches and exploits during the testing cycle is EXTREMELY difficult.

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Does the fact that Sakurai not caring matter? Does the will of the creator prevent you from playing it how you want?

Besides the fact that he made brawl to target casual players, did that stop you from playing melee? The way he removed hitstun from 64? Is the way that the bottom half of the cast is chaingrabbed by sheik to death a reason to stop playing the game? Is the fact that icies have PUMMEL (and tilt) infinites on EVERYONE a broken thing, not just ness?

While it is true that metaknight and Icies are quite top tier in brawl, I don't think it is impossible for most of the cast (there are ways around grabs and nado)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The character balance is a fair point tho, but Melee wasn't the best either.
I think it's the infinites in Brawl that I'm the most irked by. I mean, one of the first rules of testing is to see what simply happens when you mash a button repeatedly.

That's not even "competitive level" stuff. That's stuff that the most casual of button mashing players can stumble onto purely by accident. That SHOULD have been caught in testing, really.

As for patches, when a game ships knowing there won't be patches, the dev must work extra hard on QA to ensure balance and that the game functions as intended and I just feel like the lack of QA on Brawl is the most noticeable of any SSB game.

Does the fact that Sakurai not caring matter? Does the will of the creator prevent you from playing it how you want?
When he intentionally adds tripping and negligently ships the game with loads of bugs/infinites that should've been caught in the QA process, yes, it prevented many people from playing how they wanted.

Mainly, it prevented them from playing anyone except MK and ICs. ;)

But seriously, I think my friends and I even stumbled onto laser locking while playing the game casually. If it was JUST competitive level stuff that Brawl failed at, it'd be one thing, but it's quite possible to break the game just via button mashing...

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I think it's the infinites in Brawl that I'm the most irked by. I mean, one of the first rules of testing is to see what simply happens when you mash a button repeatedly.

That's not even "competitive level" stuff. That's stuff that the most casual of button mashing players can stumble onto purely by accident. That SHOULD have been caught in testing, really.

As for patches, when a game ships knowing there won't be patches, the dev must work extra hard on QA to ensure balance and that the game functions as intended and I just feel like the lack of QA on Brawl is the most noticeable of any SSB game.

When he intentionally adds tripping and negligently ships the game with loads of bugs/infinites that should've been caught in the QA process, yes, it prevented many people from playing how they wanted.

Mainly, it prevented them from playing anyone except MK and ICs. ;)

But seriously, I think my friends and I even stumbled onto laser locking while playing the game casually. If it was JUST competitive level stuff that Brawl failed at, it'd be one thing, but it's quite possible to break the game just via button mashing...
Remember Fox's infinite? good times.

Also Wobbling. That is all.

Keep in mind Sakurai didn't even know he'd be making it. He didn't have all the time in the world to make it, since Iwata had already announced it XD

GeZ

Smash Lord
Remember Fox's infinite? good times.

Also Wobbling. That is all.

Keep in mind Sakurai didn't even know he'd be making it. He didn't have all the time in the world to make it, since Iwata had already announced it XD
By Fox's infinite you mean Waveshining, yeah? That is character specific, and incredibly difficult to execute, while the infinites in Brawl are a mite bit easier, though that is not here nor there in regards to balance, just an observation.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
By Fox's infinite you mean Waveshining, yeah? That is character specific, and incredibly difficult to execute, while the infinites in Brawl are a mite bit easier, though that is not here nor there in regards to balance, just an observation.
Drillshining, actually.

Though I believe Falco's Dairshine is an infinite until higher percents, but by then they get spiked anyway XP

Weren't the infinites in Brawl character-specific too? o.o

Also Rosalina has an infinite against Sheik and Captain Falcon, and ZSS had an infinite on Robin XD

Last edited:

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Sorry in advance for being "that guy" for bring up L-Cancelling, but I will have to do it in this case.
Would a (bug?) mechanic that caused landing lag to be partially removed, opening up (broken?) capabilities not limit someone who wants to play without L-cancelling (particularly against Icies).
What about the more sever lag on fountain in doubles (4-player in general)? Is that a more difficult problem to work around?

Shoutouts to breaking the game by mashing during yoshi's grab animation

Drillshining, actually.

Though I believe Falco's Dairshine is an infinite until higher percents, but by then they get spiked anyway XP

Weren't the infinites in Brawl character-specific too? o.o

Also Rosalina has an infinite against Sheik and Captain Falcon, and ZSS had an infinite on Robin XD

The fox infinite you are talking about can be DI'd by those who it works on, while being guaranteed without DI
Falco dairshine/utilt is also DI-able, but much less so as it is difficult to di to say the least, and even at higher percents there are other guaranteed combos out of utilt/shine anyway.

Only the ice climbers had a guaranteed infinite on all of the cast (on legal stages) iirc. While other character specific infinites exist, we should disregard them as they are usually quite redundant (due to usage and the likelihood of yoshi grabbing wario in tournament).
Besides, for the most part infinites are unlikely to be because of "there is no other option my life's only puprose is to get infinitted I have no choice". They are usually because you messed up.
@ S_B S_B I do not consider tripping as an unstoppable force, you should not give sakurai the chance to kill you unless you are prepared, you can avoid this by walking or jumping
I also think that there is more to laserlocking and pummel infinites than just button mashing; they are just elaborate punishes disguised as button mashing as another definition. There is more to the punish other than "i will do it to the end of the stage" for instance, deciding whether a DACUS will deal more damage than using the laser lock, or will the DACUS kill?

But I fear that this thread is devolving into another melee vs brawl argument (that I admittedly had a part in). I apologise to anyone who wanted to comment on the actual topic.

Last edited:

_A1

Smash Apprentice
L-canceling is a mechanic, if anyone was wondering. It is in Smash 64 as Z-canceling, which was listed as "smooth landing".

Personally I can't even call Brawl a fighting game when it has like no combos. That's a big reason why people would play every other smash game over this one.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
L-canceling is a mechanic, if anyone was wondering. It is in Smash 64 as Z-canceling, which was listed as "smooth landing".

Personally I can't even call Brawl a fighting game when it has like no combos. That's a big reason why people would play every other smash game over this one.
I play Brawl. It's fun.

Also there's fighting isn't there? ^^''

_A1

Smash Apprentice
It's technically fighting yes, but fighting games are characterized by combos. Why simply hit someone when you can hit someone multiple times in quick succession?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
It's technically fighting yes, but fighting games are characterized by combos. Why simply hit someone when you can hit someone multiple times in quick succession?
In what world are fighting games characterized by combos? Combos are a thing that are in a lot of fighting games, yes, but they aren't even in all of them; to call something not a fighting game because it doesn't have combos is downright ridiculous.

Also, the "Fighting game" definition, provided from Wikipedia:
"A Fighting game is a video game genre in which the player controls an on-screen character and engages in close combat with an opponent. These characters tend to be of equal power and fight matches consisting of several rounds, which take place in an arena."

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
In what world are fighting games characterized by combos? Combos are a thing that are in a lot of fighting games, yes, but they aren't even in all of them; to call something not a fighting game because it doesn't have combos is downright ridiculous.

"A Fighting game is a video game genre in which the player controls an on-screen character and engages in close combat with an opponent. These characters tend to be of equal power and fight matches consisting of several rounds, which take place in an arena."
Very few fighting games are without combos, none of the big central ones are. Saying that they're characterized by combos is a bit much, but it is definitely an important and character defining aspect, though I draw issues with Brawl from other sources before that particular one.

_A1

Smash Apprentice

Who cares about the definition? All that matters is that the gameplay is actually engaging, and combos add much to that.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Who cares about the definition? All that matters is that the gameplay is actually engaging, and combos add much to that.
The definition, well, defines what a fighting game is; you said you couldn't even call it a fighting game, yes? So I provided the definition, which Brawl also matches.

And that's subjective; personally, I find (guaranteed) combo-based gameplay generally less interesting, because it makes the interaction between the players shallow almost to the point where it's irrelevant. Different people like different things, for different reasons.

Last edited:

_A1

Smash Apprentice
The definition, well, defines what a fighting game is; you said you couldn't even call it a fighting game, yes? So I provided the definition, which Brawl also matches.

And that's subjective; personally, I find (guaranteed) combo-based gameplay generally less interesting, because it makes the interaction between the players shallow almost to the point where it's irrelevant. Different people like different things, for different reasons.
The best combos are not the guaranteed ones but rather the ones with DI traps.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Literally only applies to Smash, which as a fighting game has less depth than most of the other mainstay fighters. Makes up for it in other areas, but that's a really, I hesitate to say bad, but bad statement to apply so generally.

AGuyThatLikesWiiU

Smash Rookie

Personally I can call brawl a fighting game. Meele and 64 didn't have combos either huh?

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Here's the way I see it:

Melee is a better fighting game than Brawl, but Brawl is a better Smash Bros game than Melee. The majority of competitive players don't fully embrace Smash Brothers because they fear it's too chaotic and unpredictable to be a true fighting game. After Brawl's release people started to noticed that Brawl had changed a lot from Melee and focused more on being a unique and different from fighting games, a pure Smash Brothers experience. This made the competitive side of the Smash community uncomfortable since many people in other fighting game communities have accused Smash Brothers of not being a real fighting game because of it's unique aspects that made it different from other fighters. A lot of competitive Smash fans viewed Brawl as a threat to their image among the fighting game community and decided that something had to be done to save themselves from the "wreckage". Brawl's community was beginning to thrive, the meta was still in early development, this was the perfect time to strike.
A secret alliance had been formed called the "Melee community" a part of the Smash community that had forsaken Brawl and sought it's destruction. Brawl fans never saw it coming, they foolishly believed that the entire community supported Brawl and that they didn't have to worry about the trolls who gave Brawl a hard time. It seemed to them as if out of nowhere a huge amount of Brawl hate had surfaced and Melee mysteriously became more popular. Competitive Brawl fans had no idea how to counter this, they thought that outsiders where attacking Brawl when in fact it was people working within the Smash community that where attempting to sacrifice it to their fighting game community overlords. When Melee started showing up more Brawl fans thought it was a sign of hope, that more people would support Smash Brothers and that Brawl would be saved. All hope was lost when Brawl fans discovered that the Melee community, their very own brothers in Smash, had stabbed them in the back. It was already too late by the time Brawl fans had begun to fight back.The Melee community had gained too much support to be stopped. Many gave up, too devastated by the ridicule they received for supporting competitive Brawl.
Only a few people remain who openly support Brawl and still play it today.

But that's just a theory. A Game Theory!

Drama aside, I think that Brawl should get a second chance. It never deserved all the hate it received and I would love to see more Brawl tournaments in the future!
Tru dat

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'd personally like to see another Brawl tournament happen someday, even if it only remains around the same size as a Smash 64 one.

For all the criticisms it got, Brawl at one time, did surpass Melee at one point. And seeing some of the matches on YouTube makes me wish that I still had a copy of the game.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Im a bit uncertain why a game can only be called a fighting game if it has huge combos (despite what people CONTINUOUSLY say, brawl does have short combos, they simply arent as crazy as with 64, melee, PM and to a lesser extent smash4. For example, marth's grab release to tipper dair is pretty awesome.) Regardless, I dont know why a fighting game needs to be combo heavy in order to be considered a fighting game.

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
While the mechanics and physics and characters are very different I feel that Smash4 supports the slow, super careful playstyle of brawl, which would be where the similarity is coming from I imagine.
actually, i think it supports a high-risk playstyle. For instance, Shiek's bouncing fish leaves you vulnerable if you miss, but it combos well. Zelda's Phantom Slash is chargable, but leaves you very vulnerable, and it's easily countered or dodged. Also, Ganondorf's invincibility during warlock punch leaves many players overconfident and relying on lucky hits. While it is very hard to get used to it, it allows players to play risky and get sloppy.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
actually, i think it supports a high-risk playstyle. For instance, Shiek's bouncing fish leaves you vulnerable if you miss, but it combos well. Zelda's Phantom Slash is chargable, but leaves you very vulnerable, and it's easily countered or dodged. Also, Ganondorf's invincibility during warlock punch leaves many players overconfident and relying on lucky hits. While it is very hard to get used to it, it allows players to play risky and get sloppy.
hmm well those effects certainly do change things but smash 4 also doesnt have as heavy a combo game or as many movement options to make it as a aggressive as melee or PM, i feel. From my limited experience with it, it felt closer to brawl then it did to melee or PM in those aspects.

Not that the differences are a bad thing. I enjoyed playing smash4 when I did, just not as much. But to each their own.

On a different note.
I do find it kinda sad that there is so much hate for brawl when those who do like it simply dont have to play it if they dont like it. Brawl hasnt ruined the smash community at all. In fact it's brought in more players who, for many, have branched out to 64, melee, PM and/or smash4 (I certainly have and I was introduced to brawl competitively before the others, I now play PM as well and am considering picking up melee because of brawl). Im VERY tired of hearing people who are still up in arms about brawl not being what they wanted. ITS NOT WHAT YOU WANTED, DEAL WITH IT! There are more smash games to play. If you dont like brawl but want more characters and a different balance between the cast then play PM. If you want it to be different than PM then consider the fact that the PMDT got together and made it themselves. Maybe theres a way to make smash4 into a more melee-like game which has a huge cast that can be redeveloped. (though you may want to wait until the issues nintendo is having with PM die down a bit)

Last edited:

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
Smash 4 gives way more risk. For instance, overe/underestimating Lucario's recovery (i actually once went from the off-stage left side of FD all the way to the right side, overshooting the stage completely), overestimating Ganon's Neutal Special, etc. Greninja is a character centered around Luck and a bit of skill.

hakaithesamurai

Smash Cadet
NNID
hakai009
3DS FC
3969-5099-6833
I started my competitive play on pm and im moving towards smash 4. I really like defensive play and i would love to get into brawl. Its just my entire region is really focused on pm

Green Kirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
x22ROKSTARx22
3DS FC
3196-6042-1794
I play Melee Brawl and ssb4 competitively and love all of them a lot. I for one treat them as individual games and like each one for different reasons and would like to see all of them stay on the competitive level.

Tankster

Smash Apprentice
You know, I would like to see some brawl tournaments some time in the future. I would love for it to make a comeback. Let's face it though, sm4sh does have the spotlight for the time being. That doesn't mean give up on what you love. The point is if you love the game, then play it. No, the game isn't going to grow overnight; no, you can't get everyone to like the game, but if everyone who love the game bands together it'll grow into something that people can appreciate.

Look what the 64 community has accomplished. They deserve to grow:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-64-renaissance.408693/page-2#post-19560043

If you want to see how melee became so popular then please watch the Smash Documentary on YouTube.

I apologize. Before I continue let me introduce myself...

I'm one of those noobs that play online just for the heck of it. I either play friendlies, join in taunt battles, or play competitively. I knew "the code" in Basic Brawl. That's the only way I grew in the game. I was also one of those that came late into the game. So I was one of those that was highly upset when Nintendo stopped the online service for the game. So, for one whole year I was struck; I was SOL. All those juggles and strings I was starting to forget. While in college I happen to stumble on a place called Gamer Headquarters. So I decided to check it out. For those in the Chicago area visit this website. http://www.gamershq.net/ I promise that you'll like it.
First time there, I'm having a blast. I'm trying out the Wii U. I'm playing arcade style. Someone convinces me to play Project M (which at the time it was my first time trying it out) saying it was similar to Brawl, and I paid the price by getting 4-stocked nearly all my games. Before I left I took a flyer out explaining that Mew2King, the 4th best smasher at the time supposedly...., was going to be in town for a week to help people improve their skills. Me being guy that believes that I can beat anybody decided to do a little homework on this guy, and it took me on one the longest journeys thus far going from casual to competitive.

As far as comparing all the smash games together, that's not going to work if you're too busy or blind defending a favorite. One (my fact alone), I only played 3 of the 5 smash games: 64, Brawl, and Project M. I have no say so in the opinionated argument. Two (believable fact), all the smash games have different engines. They have a different style of playing. It's meant to be that way. Each game is its own game with it's own histories, rises and downfalls. Yeah, there are a few similarities in Brawl and Sm4sh, but the fact that you can't edge-hog, do an efficient chain grab right away, or tech the way you want to in Sm4sh (assuming you're coming from Brawl) makes it a noticeable difference between the 2 games. The same can go for Melee and Project M. Sure, Project M was made for those that enjoy Melee so much, but try and compare the two gameplays altogether. In my opinion, the character's movement in Project M looks slightly more faster than what it is in Melee. On top of you don't really need a tier list for Project M, because the characters are pretty dam* close to all-round players. Melee's work is nearly set in stone after 15 years. Chances of finding new things in the meta-game is slim to none. Tiers are needed. Whatever the case may be, don't compare if you don't have the heart to hear the other out and see where that game is coming from. I'd made that mistake nearly a year ago, and I didn't go back to Project M for a while because of the wrong reason why I hated it. Don't take the same path I did if you didn't already.

I first came on Smashboards just to see an argument going between Melee and Brawl. It continued when Sm4sh came out with the 3 games. It was just ridiculous. You still have Sm4sh and Melee going at it a little fighting for popularity. I thought the series was made to have fun? I might be wrong with this community.

Shoutouts to Pidgezero for trying to shed some light on this game a little. She definitely was a contributor when it came to net play. She posted a question whether to remove the tripping from Brawl for the net play. As of now, 73% wanted it gone.(If you want to keep up with the results follow this link:http://strawpoll.me/4178892) I do agree with them; it shouldn't had been added to Brawl in the first place. Tripping alone could cost you a stock (exclude Diddy and his bananas). At the same time, quit whining about tripping. Certain characters are better at aerial games anyways, and tilts sometime do the work better than smashes. I voted not to get rid of tripping. Folks might need that random moment in my opinion. On top of that if you're really working on improving yourself then tripping should not be thought of unless you're dash approaching or retreating.

I didn't like how Apex 2015 was handled. Besides the fact that it wasn't as organized as it was in the past Brawl did not get streamed at all. I didn't care that people was checking out what was new on the block, because we're a bunch of Curious Georges, but the game wasn't even given a chance to be streamed at all just from the assumption that everyone hated the game. It took a backseat, and it didn't recovered since that day. So where does that leave us today?

By majority of the community the game is not being thought of as much. You even have some that's saying come to Project M or to Sm4sh. Majority believe that the game is already dead. Trust me, it ain't dead unless you do NOTHING about the situation. You want Brawl back in? Bring it in your current communities. Play it and showcase it. They may end up getting a match or 2 in just for good times. Do the little things that will have an impact on the community. It doesn't have to be something major. How do you think Melee made it to where it is today? Here, let me throw a few points out there that should make sense.

- Believe it or not Melee wasn't as big as it was today. It was growing, but the game was taking a backseat for a minute too. Brawl had to come out in order for Melee to grow at an alarming rate. For example, as soon as Brawl came out the Revival of Melee tournament came about. Humans don't like change. It was no exception for the community that grew around Melee, especially when it's old school players like Ken and PC Chris.

- Sakurai had to do some work in order to get people to Sm4sh. With the game already being in a debate about whether it's even considered competitive Project M was born, and many did moved to it. Nintendo stopped the online gaming so people can move over to the Wii U for the online materials. The deal was sealed when Sakurai sold his solution to online gaming for Sm4sh making Brawl obsolete in the community. With For Glory being popular before the game even came out Sakurai claims checkmate, but the chess game is still continuing.

- Let's face it, Sakurai tried to buy the Melee community. If you don't believe me look how Mewtwo looks and plays. Sakurai had no choice but to look at Project M. He had no choice but to look at all those tier list that was created. On top of that Sm4sh had to undergo a patch because of the numerous complaint the he was getting from the casual players. They couldn't handle Diddy's Hoo-Has. The fact remains alone: although there's the largest character roster Sakurai's originality for Sm4sh isn't as big as it was when he created Brawl.

So, the ball is in your hands. It's your turn to move a piece. Watcha gonna do? Do something little for a big dream. I don't do net play, but I do use the wimmif meaning I can play Brawl online again (too bad I had to ditch all my songs that I've grabbed online). I'm even trying to bring it in a community where it's
PM/Melee/Sm4sh dominant. Msg me, and we can go a match or two, but seriously, it's time to put some work in if Brawl is to be resurrected. It's got to be acknowledge. If you have any questions please do ask away. If you have any concerns, please address them. I'm pretty sure I lost someone or made an invalid comment.

For those that say Brawl was never hyped to begin with here's Brawl at its hypest at one point:

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Brawl is still my favorite Smash game.

If I had the time, I'd gather everyone in South America and create an Online community, then locate people per region in which offline tournaments became feasible.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Lol I'm hosting one tomorrow. Brawl is still alive in Toronto area

Top Bottom