• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Well, the owner (@ Opossum Opossum ) would have to look through the entire thread to gather up all the supporters and then edit his post to put them in the OP. Or, someone else could do it and just update a support list when someone new comes along. It won't be on the OP but we'll still have one.
Is it OK to retroactively add people to a support list they didn't originally sign for?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
So far, when I CTRL + F'd the comments and deducted anyone just mentioning ICies and didn't vote for them, 48 people said Ice Climbers. Of that 48, 5 people only said Ice Climber and 2 people said, "But it won't happen though." This was out of like 2,300 comments at the time. Considering the endless amount of competitors (not all of which are viable), I'd say that's pretty decent. Wolf got 94 CTRL + Fs and Snake got 136 CTRL + Fs probably because of "Snake? Snake?! SNAAAKE!" But then you get a bunch of Crash Bandicoots, Shreks, Gokus, Narutos, and Britney Spears...

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So far, when I CTRL + F'd the comments and deducted anyone just mentioning ICies and didn't vote for them, 48 people said Ice Climbers. Of that 48, 5 people only said Ice Climber and 2 people said, "But it won't happen though." This was out of like 2,300 comments at the time. Considering the endless amount of competitors (not all of which are viable), I'd say that's pretty decent. Wolf got 94 CTRL + Fs and Snake got 136 CTRL + Fs probably because of "Snake? Snake?! SNAAAKE!" But then you get a bunch of Crash Bandicoots, Shreks, Gokus, Narutos, and Britney Spears...
I think if the Ice Climbers didn't have a formal reason to be cut, they'd arguably be the most popular choice. There seems to be a lot of people that wanna support, but are hesitant to do so because "they have no chance".

Troykv

Smash Master
... but are hesitant to do so because "they have no chance".
This isn't actually true? The character(s) was deconfirmed two times (well, maybe, I don't have good memory xD).

But... if you want to support a character that YOU REALLY LIKES, you must continue support him/her, don't care if that character has chances or not.

People still want Ridley, and he has also a big problem.

Just... Do it.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I think if the Ice Climbers didn't have a formal reason to be cut, they'd arguably be the most popular choice. There seems to be a lot of people that wanna support, but are hesitant to do so because "they have no chance".
I don't get why people do this. It costs you nothing to support a character, and it's not like you can support only 1.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think if the 3DS version didn't exist than ICies would no doubt be the #1 choice. But then again, if the crummy 3DS version didn't exist, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think if the 3DS version didn't exist than ICies would no doubt be the #1 choice. But then again, if the crummy 3DS version didn't exist, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.
I must be the ultimate hipster in these forums. I actually like the idea to have a 3DS version. Probably give more problems to Wii U's sales, but the game guarantes more sales for be cheaper in general (the game itself and the console).

I had the 3DS version since like December... and the Wii U take me a lot more to buy.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
This isn't actually true? The character(s) was deconfirmed two times (well, maybe, I don't have good memory xD).

But... if you want to support a character that YOU REALLY LIKES, you must continue support him/her, don't care if that character has chances or not.

People still want Ridley, and he has also a big problem.

Just... Do it.
It's been debated. I think there are ways for Sakurai to make them work in both games that he's not saying. There's the Sopo for 3ds idea, IC a Wii U exclusive idea, and the Sprite Climbers for 3DS idea that all have there pros/cons/uncertainties, but I think they should all be put on the debate table at the very least.

I don't get why people do this. It costs you nothing to support a character, and it's not like you can support only 1.
I mean, you only get 1 vote for IP address, so I guess it just depends on how many IP addresses you have. Still, you should support who you like, NOT who's likely.

I must be the ultimate hipster in these forums. I actually like the idea to have a 3DS version. Probably give more problems to Wii U's sales, but the game guarantes more sales for be cheaper in general (the game itself and the console).

I had the 3DS version since like December... and the Wii U take me a lot more to buy.
I like the 3DS version in theory, but I think it was poorly executed.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I mean, you only get 1 vote for IP address, so I guess it just depends on how many IP addresses you have. Still, you should support who you like, NOT who's likely.
Is this actually true? This means people in the same family can't vote for different characters, which I feel is a situation the Smash ballot people would have taken into consideration.

I'm gonna be a nerd and try to make a support list. Of course, anyone else willing to go through this thread and tally people up is welcome.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

No, and I think there's actually a few people here that don't totally hate the 3DS version, but like ZestyN said, it was executed poorly, as well as having probably held back the Wii U version a bit. Only the developers know how much content was cut for 3DS technicalities.

Is this actually true? This means people in the same family can't vote for different characters, which I feel is a situation the Smash ballot people would have taken into consideration.

I'm gonna be a nerd and try to make a support list. Of course, anyone else willing to go through this thread and tally people up is welcome.
OK, good luck with that. I'd better be near the very top of the list though.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
@ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch You're #2 :shades: There's 24 so far and I just finished page 77.

ZestyN
ROBnWatch
falcomaster925
POKEMANSPIKA
Flor@
The Light Music Club
lightdasher
Magikarpow
JaylonSonicSpeed
Smasher89
FancySmash
Fatmanonice
Mariofan5000
WaddleKing
LuluTheBean
Marigi174
Mask and Mirror
KeybladePony
Nanapopfan200
Onyx Oblivian
smashkirby
DoodleDuck97
CyberHyperPhoenix
Strider_Bond00J
MoveMan1
SMAASH! Puppy
fed0ra7
SegaNintendoUbisoft
smashkirby
EricTheGamerman

I'd like to take this moment to lament the fact that my cut vets are deemed unlikely to return. When you want to mock characters with no chance of returning, you mock the walking 3DS system failure and bizarre Konami/Kojima issues. Where is the love. Every time I read one of those other support threads, it's all "yeah, don't even worry about these two, lol." *single tears falls valiantly down cheek*

Reading this thread is also mega depressing. "At least we have Smash 5 in a couple o' years!" :4shulk: Bro, I bought a Wii U primarily for Smash 4 (it also became an ad hoc Wii replacement). I better not have to buy another expensive system to play as the characters I should have been able to play as in the previous iteration. I better get some loyalty discount stuff or at least Wii U backwards compatibility on the NX. I sure look forward to playing my faves in 2020, after all! Unless, of course, some other characters also get cut and it turns out Shulk is mysteriously missing or something.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
@ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch You're #2 :shades: There's 24 so far and I just finished page 77.

ZestyN
ROBnWatch
falcomaster925
POKEMANSPIKA
Flor@
The Light Music Club
lightdasher
Magikarpow
JaylonSonicSpeed
Smasher89
FancySmash
Fatmanonice
Mariofan5000
WaddleKing
LuluTheBean
Marigi174
Mask and Mirror
KeybladePony
Nanapopfan200
Onyx Oblivian
smashkirby
DoodleDuck97
CyberHyperPhoenix
Strider_Bond00J
MoveMan1
SMAASH! Puppy
fed0ra7
SegaNintendoUbisoft
smashkirby
EricTheGamerman

I'd like to take this moment to lament the fact that my cut vets are deemed unlikely to return. When you want to mock characters with no chance of returning, you mock the walking 3DS system failure and bizarre Konami/Kojima issues. Where is the love. Every time I read one of those other support threads, it's all "yeah, don't even worry about these two, lol." *single tears falls valiantly down cheek*

Reading this thread is also mega depressing. "At least we have Smash 5 in a couple o' years!" :4shulk: Bro, I bought a Wii U primarily for Smash 4 (it also became an ad hoc Wii replacement). I better not have to buy another expensive system to play as the characters I should have been able to play as in the previous iteration. I better get some loyalty discount stuff or at least Wii U backwards compatibility on the NX. I sure look forward to playing my faves in 2020, after all! Unless, of course, some other characters also get cut and it turns out Shulk is mysteriously missing or something.

Dang it @ FunAtParties FunAtParties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, he hasn't been on in a LOOONG while last I checked, but I know that Dynamo68 is a supporter. Add him to the list if you want.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

ZestyN
ROBnWatch
falcomaster925
POKEMANSPIKA
Flor@
The Light Music Club
lightdasher
Magikarpow
JaylonSonicSpeed
Smasher89
FancySmash
Fatmanonice
Mariofan5000
WaddleKing
LuluTheBean
Marigi174
Mask and Mirror
KeybladePony
Nanapopfan200
Onyx Oblivian
smashkirby
DoodleDuck97
CyberHyperPhoenix
Strider_Bond00J
MoveMan1
SMAASH! Puppy
fed0ra7
SegaNintendoUbisoft
smashkirby
EricTheGamerman

btw make sure you put in actual supporters and not just anyone who enters this thread and writes something. If they say they support them.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
From what I heard, the Japanese site mentions it or something like that. I've heard it repeated a couple of times, but seeing that I can't read Japanese I can't verify that for you, sorry. I have confidence that it's true though.

Honestly I think the poll was poorly made anyway. Should have been a poll with pre-existing choices where you could've chose up to 15 or something like that. That way, even if people don't get their top choices, they may still get one of their favorites.

Edit: I looked it up to be sure, and learned that no one seems to know for sure. Huh. I guess keep on voting then guys. Couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
btw make sure you put in actual supporters and not just anyone who enters this thread and writes something. If they say they support them.
My criteria is this - if they show clear evidence of wanting the IC back, I'm putting them in the list. If they don't make any statements either way or are negative, I'm not. I'm doing my best to make sure I don't accidentally put detractors in the list (although it would artificially increase our numbers).

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

I personally feel the 3DS version is put on too high of a pedestal for its own good. I feel like it's been given too much of a console-esque treatment. It was an ambitious idea, but unfortunate circumstances regarding things like roster parity (a want) and both versions under the same contract (a need) hold it accountable. It's more so the strict rule set I have a problem with than the 3DS version as a whole.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I personally feel the 3DS version is put on too high of a pedestal for its own good. I feel like it's been given too much of a console-esque treatment. It was an ambitious idea, but unfortunate circumstances regarding things like roster parity (a want) and both versions under the same contract (a need) hold it accountable. It's more so the strict rule set I have a problem with than the 3DS version as a whole.
I think the minute they realized they couldn't pull of cross-play, they should have just made 2 different games. It's clearly the lesser version, so why not roll with it? How cool would it have been to have the 3ds version be a sprite based Smash bros?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I finished page 50. Here's the list so far.

1. ZestyN
  2. ROBnWatch
  3. falcomaster925
  4. POKEMANSPIKA
  5. Flor@
  6. The Light Music Club
  7. lightdasher
  8. Magikarpow
  9. JaylonSonicSpeed
  10. Smasher89
  11. FancySmash
  12. Fatmanonice
  13. Mariofan5000
  14. WaddleKing
  15. LuluTheBean
  16. Marigi174
  17. Mask and Mirror
  18. KeybladePony
  19. Nanapopfan200
  20. Onyx Oblivian
  21. smashkirby
  22. DoodleDuck97
  23. CyberHyperPhoenix
  24. Strider_Bond00J
  25. MoveMan1
  26. SMAASH! Puppy
  27. fed0ra7
  28. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  29. smashkirby
  30. EricTheGamerman
  31. Staarih
  32. PlayfulMushroom
  33. RodNutTakin
  34. UberPyro64
  35. Xevious 1
  36. swordofacorn
  37. Nintendotard
  38. DukeNapoleon
  39. Dynamo68
  40. Number ThreeShin F.
  41. CCC|Mason
  42. TaRtOoN-Hand94
  43. IkeChromMarth
  44. Ridleyridster
  45. Ryan.
  46. slambros
  47. Eight_SixtyFour
  48. kackamee
  49. Brickbuild101
  50. EndlessChrom
  51. Burruni
  52. SMX
  53. AEM
  54. kantoskies
  55. BridgesWithTurtles
  56. fatman.spam
  57. YberPyro64
  58. DonkaFjord
  59. ErenJager
  60. Makai Wars
  61. Dee-SmashinBoss
  62. Xevious 1
  63. TeddyBearYoshi
  64. HazySmoke
  65. Megadoomer
  66. Parallel_Falchion
  67. J04K|M
  68. Garrett Robinson
  69. VGamer01
  70. FalKoopa
  71. Nauzgo
  72. MagnesD3
  73. Ember Reaper
  74. RawstyleEevee
  75. KeybladePony
  76. GhettoNinja
  77. Freduardo
  78. SmashChu
  79. Guybrush20X6
  80. Sm4sher69
  81. DecaHibiki
  82. Erotic&Heretic
  83. C3CC
  84. WarioJim

I'll probably finish tomorrow. I'm amazed I even set about doing this, but whatever. People need to realize there's a demand for IC. If it can't be satisfied today *side-eyes 3DS*, it should be satisfied tomorrow *looks into distance where next Smash game awaits*.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

1. ZestyN
  2. ROBnWatch
  3. falcomaster925
  4. POKEMANSPIKA
  5. Flor@
  6. The Light Music Club
  7. lightdasher
  8. Magikarpow
  9. JaylonSonicSpeed
  10. Smasher89
  11. FancySmash
  12. Fatmanonice
  13. Mariofan5000
  14. WaddleKing
  15. LuluTheBean
  16. Marigi174
  17. Mask and Mirror
  18. KeybladePony
  19. Nanapopfan200
  20. Onyx Oblivian
  21. smashkirby
  22. DoodleDuck97
  23. CyberHyperPhoenix
  24. Strider_Bond00J
  25. MoveMan1
  26. SMAASH! Puppy
  27. fed0ra7
  28. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  29. smashkirby
  30. EricTheGamerman
  31. Staarih
  32. PlayfulMushroom
  33. RodNutTakin
  34. UberPyro64
  35. Xevious 1
  36. swordofacorn
  37. Nintendotard
  38. DukeNapoleon
  39. Dynamo68
  40. Number ThreeShin F.
  41. CCC|Mason
  42. TaRtOoN-Hand94
  43. IkeChromMarth
  44. Ridleyridster
  45. Ryan.
  46. slambros
  47. Eight_SixtyFour
  48. kackamee
  49. Brickbuild101
  50. EndlessChrom
  51. Burruni
  52. SMX
  53. AEM
  54. kantoskies
  55. BridgesWithTurtles
  56. fatman.spam
  57. YberPyro64
  58. DonkaFjord
  59. ErenJager
  60. Makai Wars
  61. Dee-SmashinBoss
  62. Xevious 1
  63. TeddyBearYoshi
  64. HazySmoke
  65. Megadoomer
  66. Parallel_Falchion
  67. J04K|M
  68. Garrett Robinson
  69. VGamer01
  70. FalKoopa
  71. Nauzgo
  72. MagnesD3
  73. Ember Reaper
  74. RawstyleEevee
  75. KeybladePony
  76. GhettoNinja
  77. Freduardo
  78. SmashChu
  79. Guybrush20X6
  80. Sm4sher69
  81. DecaHibiki
  82. Erotic&Heretic
  83. C3CC
  84. WarioJim

I'll probably finish tomorrow. I'm amazed I even set about doing this, but whatever. People need to realize there's a demand for IC. If it can't be satisfied today *side-eyes 3DS*, it should be satisfied tomorrow *looks into distance where next Smash game awaits*.
Looks good, but I recommend that you put the owner of the thread at the top of the list. He started it all.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

1. ZestyN
  2. ROBnWatch
  3. falcomaster925
  4. POKEMANSPIKA
  5. Flor@
  6. The Light Music Club
  7. lightdasher
  8. Magikarpow
  9. JaylonSonicSpeed
  10. Smasher89
  11. FancySmash
  12. Fatmanonice
  13. Mariofan5000
  14. WaddleKing
  15. LuluTheBean
  16. Marigi174
  17. Mask and Mirror
  18. KeybladePony
  19. Nanapopfan200
  20. Onyx Oblivian
  21. smashkirby
  22. DoodleDuck97
  23. CyberHyperPhoenix
  24. Strider_Bond00J
  25. MoveMan1
  26. SMAASH! Puppy
  27. fed0ra7
  28. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  29. smashkirby
  30. EricTheGamerman
  31. Staarih
  32. PlayfulMushroom
  33. RodNutTakin
  34. UberPyro64
  35. Xevious 1
  36. swordofacorn
  37. Nintendotard
  38. DukeNapoleon
  39. Dynamo68
  40. Number ThreeShin F.
  41. CCC|Mason
  42. TaRtOoN-Hand94
  43. IkeChromMarth
  44. Ridleyridster
  45. Ryan.
  46. slambros
  47. Eight_SixtyFour
  48. kackamee
  49. Brickbuild101
  50. EndlessChrom
  51. Burruni
  52. SMX
  53. AEM
  54. kantoskies
  55. BridgesWithTurtles
  56. fatman.spam
  57. YberPyro64
  58. DonkaFjord
  59. ErenJager
  60. Makai Wars
  61. Dee-SmashinBoss
  62. Xevious 1
  63. TeddyBearYoshi
  64. HazySmoke
  65. Megadoomer
  66. Parallel_Falchion
  67. J04K|M
  68. Garrett Robinson
  69. VGamer01
  70. FalKoopa
  71. Nauzgo
  72. MagnesD3
  73. Ember Reaper
  74. RawstyleEevee
  75. KeybladePony
  76. GhettoNinja
  77. Freduardo
  78. SmashChu
  79. Guybrush20X6
  80. Sm4sher69
  81. DecaHibiki
  82. Erotic&Heretic
  83. C3CC
  84. WarioJim

Keep up the great work! I was wondering though, is it normal for OP to not be on the support list?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Looks good, but I recommend that you put the owner of the thread at the top of the list. He started it all.
I'll get to it when I finally finish the thread. I haven't even added myself.

For comparison with other wanted characters...
Wolf has 2555 named supporters.
Bandana Dee has 856 supporters.
K Rool has 661 (although the list is outdated).
Isaac has 279 supporters.
Shantae has 143 supporters.
Inkling has 123 supporters.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

K. Rool is way outdated lol. We can't even keep track but we do have a special initiation song.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Still not bad though, plus you can never know who everyone's actually voting for. People support characters they like, but don't necessarily vote for them. Hell, I'm on like 20 support threads, but only vote for the IC's.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool is way outdated lol. We can't even keep track but we do have a special initiation song.
I know, I got hit with it <3 It's the cutest thing, K. Rool supporters are hilarious.

The Snake thread has 46 supporters, but that is way underneath the real number of supporters so I didn't include it. (maybe I'll do the same thing for the Snake thread, it's not like I have important pressing things to do in real life, after all)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I know, I got hit with it <3 It's the cutest thing, K. Rool supporters are hilarious.

The Snake thread has 46 supporters, but that is way underneath the real number of supporters so I didn't include it. (maybe I'll do the same thing for the Snake thread, it's not like I have important pressing things to do in real life, after all)
Did you just degrade yourself lol.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
EDIT:
I'm on page 38, but I think I'm gonna stop for now since this is before the DLC stuff started.

1. Opossum
  2. ZestyN
  3. ROBnWatch
  4. falcomaster925
  5. POKEMANSPIKA
  6. Flor@
  7. The Light Music Club
  8. KimKarsmashian
  9. lightdasher
  10. Magikarpow
  11. JaylonSonicSpeed
  12. Smasher89
  13. FancySmash
  14. Fatmanonice
  15. Mariofan5000
  16. WaddleKing
  17. LuluTheBean
  18. Marigi174
  19. Mask and Mirror
  20. KeybladePony
  21. Nanapopfan200
  22. Onyx Oblivian
  23. DoodleDuck97
  24. CyberHyperPhoenix
  25. Strider_Bond00J
  26. MoveMan1
  27. SMAASH! Puppy
  28. fed0ra7
  29. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  30. smashkirby
  31. EricTheGamerman
  32. Staarih
  33. PlayfulMushroom
  34. RodNutTakin
  35. UberPyro64
  36. Xevious 1
  37. swordofacorn
  38. Nintendotard
  39. DukeNapoleon
  40. Dynamo68
  41. Number ThreeShin F.
  42. CCC|Mason
  43. TaRtOoN-Hand94
  44. IkeChromMarth
  45. Ridleyridster
  46. Ryan.
  47. slambros
  48. Eight_SixtyFour
  49. kackamee
  50. Brickbuild101
  51. EndlessChrom
  52. Burruni
  53. SMX
  54. AEM
  55. kantoskies
  56. BridgesWithTurtles
  57. fatman.spam
  58. YberPyro64
  59. DonkaFjord
  60. ErenJager
  61. Makai Wars
  62. Dee-SmashinBoss
  63. Xevious 1
  64. TeddyBearYoshi
  65. HazySmoke
  66. Megadoomer
  67. Parallel_Falchion
  68. J04K|M
  69. Garrett Robinson
  70. VGamer01
  71. FalKoopa
  72. Nauzgo
  73. MagnesD3
  74. Ember Reaper
  75. RawstyleEevee
  76. KeybladePony
  77. GhettoNinja
  78. Freduardo
  79. SmashChu
  80. Guybrush20X6
  81. Sm4sher69
  82. DecaHibiki
  83. Erotic&Heretic
  84. C3CC
  85. WarioJim
  86. [Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]
  87. L9999
  88. oxyborb
  89. The Petalburg
  90. TheDarkKnightNoivern
  91. Jacuzzi Splot
  92. Radical Beam
  93. <Green>
  94. Saikyoshi
  95. Rie Sonomura
  96. TheBlueSpirit
  97. Sonsa
  98. KoM
  99. ZephDGT
  100. legendofrob1
  101. Umbra of Shadows
  102. ミスティック Speed
  103. WindozeNT
  104. PSIBoy
  105. Lucimar
  106. BoN~
  107. GiantBreadbug
  108. LunarDistortion
  109. vaanrose
  110. P|Te
  111. Pokechu
  112. Akira213
  113. arcticfox8
  114. Rotorstorm331
  115. Equestrian Flyer
  116. Mask and Mirror
  117. Quillion
  118. WaddleKing
  119. LovinMitts
  120. Twin Shot
  121. KirbySS44
  122. AirShad
  123. True Blue Warrior
  124. SuperLittleTY
  125. cephalod17
  126. BluePikmin11
  127. 4cast
  128. TheCJBrine

If it's possible to edit this into the OP when it's done, it could help.

Gosh, I feel like such a dork.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Am I on that support list? Whether they come back or not, I will ALWAYS support the Ice Climbers. Heck, they were my main for Melee.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
@ smashkirby smashkirby I added you twice by accident, actually.

Here's my final list. If anyone's got any issues, feel free to read these past 87 pages yourselves and fix them. I'm taking a rest.

The grand total is 231. Now that's more like it. It's not that far from Isaac, actually. I'm certain support is even higher, but not all people supporting the IC would post here. The number of unique supporters increases the earlier in the thread you go because you have random people being like "I hope they get in" and a lot of hopeful people. As time goes on, the number of unique supporter decreases due to lack of hope and people caring less, so that only a small group of devoted fans posts. I'm certain a different person counting through this thread would come up with a different number, but I'm not re-counting that.

1. @ Opossum Opossum (thanks for starting this all!)
  2. ZestyN
  3. ROBnWatch
  4. falcomaster925
  5. POKEMANSPIKA
  6. Flor@
  7. The Light Music Club
  8. KimKarsmashian
  9. lightdasher
  10. Magikarpow
  11. JaylonSonicSpeed
  12. Smasher89
  13. FancySmash
  14. Fatmanonice
  15. Mariofan5000
  16. WaddleKing
  17. LuluTheBean
  18. Marigi174
  19. KeybladePony
  20. Nanapopfan200
  21. Onyx Oblivian
  22. DoodleDuck97
  23. CyberHyperPhoenix
  24. Strider_Bond00J
  25. MoveMan1
  26. SMAASH! Puppy
  27. fed0ra7
  28. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  29. smashkirby
  30. EricTheGamerman
  31. Staarih
  32. PlayfulMushroom
  33. RodNutTakin
  34. UberPyro64
  35. Xevious 1
  36. swordofacorn
  37. Nintendotard
  38. DukeNapoleon
  39. Dynamo68
  40. Number ThreeShin F.
  41. CCC|Mason
  42. TaRtOoN-Hand94
  43. IkeChromMarth
  44. Ridleyridster
  45. Ryan.
  46. slambros
  47. Eight_SixtyFour
  48. kackamee
  49. Brickbuild101
  50. EndlessChrom
  51. Burruni
  52. SMX
  53. AEM
  54. kantoskies
  55. BridgesWithTurtles
  56. fatman.spam
  57. YberPyro64
  58. DonkaFjord
  59. ErenJager
  60. Makai Wars
  61. Dee-SmashinBoss
  62. Xevious 1
  63. TeddyBearYoshi
  64. HazySmoke
  65. Megadoomer
  66. Parallel_Falchion
  67. J04K|M
  68. Garrett Robinson
  69. VGamer01
  70. FalKoopa
  71. Nauzgo
  72. MagnesD3
  73. Ember Reaper
  74. RawstyleEevee
  75. KeybladePony
  76. GhettoNinja
  77. Freduardo
  78. SmashChu
  79. Guybrush20X6
  80. Sm4sher69
  81. DecaHibiki
  82. Erotic&Heretic
  83. C3CC
  84. WarioJim
  85. Zigzagar
  86. Pheta RayObnoxshush/Dasshizer]
  87. L9999
  88. oxyborb
  89. The Petalburg
  90. TheDarkKnightNoivern
  91. Jacuzzi Splot
  92. Radical Beam
  93. <Green>
  94. Saikyoshi
  95. Rie Sonomura
  96. TheBlueSpirit
  97. Sonsa
  98. KoM
  99. ZephDGT
  100. legendofrob1
  101. Umbra of Shadows
  102. ミスティック Speed
  103. WindozeNT
  104. PSIBoy
  105. Lucimar
  106. BoN~
  107. GiantBreadbug
  108. LunarDistortion
  109. vaanrose
  110. P|Te
  111. Pokechu
  112. Akira213
  113. arcticfox8
  114. Rotorstorm331
  115. Equestrian Flyer
  116. Mask and Mirror
  117. Quillion
  118. WaddleKing
  119. LovinMitts
  120. Twin Shot
  121. KirbySS44
  122. AirShad
  123. True Blue Warrior
  124. SuperLittleTY
  125. cephalod17
  126. BluePikmin11
  127. 4cast
  128. TheCJBrine
  129. theenlightenedone
  130. Twin Shot
  131. the101
  132. SmashBear
  133. MaskO'
  134. Lilfut
  135. Cpt.
  136. Scoliosis Jones
  137. EdgeTheLucas
  138. Sonic Poke
  139. Flaxr XIII
  140. SmashRiver64
  141. D-idara
  142. Cloudy
  143. CardStealer1
  144. KimmotMan
  145. PsiDude
  146. Giggapuff
  147. Souldin
  148. Xiivi
  149. Speculator
  150. TheDMonroeShow
  151. Smallgenie549
  152. FlynnCL
  153. Moldy Clay
  154. Xavier :D
  155. DeLux
  156. Kain6th
  157. The Puffer
  158. Clint Jaguar
  159. Dave Stevenson
  160. Critzilean
  161. EdreesesPieces
  162. KaZe_DaRKWIND
  163. LucinaSuitSamus
  164. Trekkerjoe
  165. AstroHamsta
  166. EmeraldDragonair
  167. Thunderfang747
  168. AlexLopezGt
  169. LiamMail
  170. MBakhsh
  171. infzy
  172. Mr. Funk
  173. Johnknight1
  174. smashingDoug
  175. Ryu Myuutsu
  176. xHackAttackx
  177. shinhed-echi
  178. Hydde
  179. mini paincakes
  180. ZeldaMaster
  181. Aninymouse
  182. Pokemaster73
  183. Maxoxpower
  184. Donalp15
  185. aaron1290
  186. SS-bros14
  187. Laniv
  188. mynameisv
  189. Wonks
  190. ❀Miracle
  191. ferioku
  192. AustarusIV
  193. Benze Colon
  194. PlayfulMushroom
  195. T-Hell
  196. Dracandros
  197. Derekburn
  198. Yosher
  199. TerminalMontage
  200. Handy Man
  201. LonelyJaguar
  202. Young$$$
  203. Hazy Smoke
  204. Pop Nana Power
  205. Arthreeteseven
  206. Xigger
  207. Motorcycle the Pooh
  208. bicth
  209. TumblrFamous
  210. Burigu
  211. Kon
  212. Swift Fox
  213. GoldenYuiitusin
  214. Stenton
  215. AceSox
  216. KokiriKory
  217. Chalphy
  218. Crap-Zapper
  219. Project Angel
  220. Roger Smith
  221. Ice Climbers P and N
  222. SmasherP82
  223. [Corn]
  224. FrozenHobo
  225. Kapus
  226. Wiipodicus
  227. gothrax
  228. kackamee
  229. SnowCold
  230. fogbadge
  231. mrbrawl

Last edited:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice

In my earlier reply, I was ranting about how they had to ration content in order to get two buy-worthy games, but I am definitely supportive of the 3DS version, given that, from what I've seen and heard, the 3DS sold well. It seems like a smart move selling smash bros on the 3DS as well. But I can't help but feel that they didn't accommodate the two versions well enough? With no cross-console interactions, I can't help but feel that console-exclusive characters could have been the way to go. I also feel like both versions could have used more time in general, and probably a larger budget. Buuut then again, this is from a player's perspective, and maybe Nintendo had real financial reasons for doing this. I guess the point is that splitting the game across two consoles definitely had some effect on the quality of the game.

@ KimKarsmashian KimKarsmashian Wow, great work! Seems pretty legit, major respect for all the work you put in counting everybody! :popo:

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
@ smashkirby smashkirby I added you twice by accident, actually.

Here's my final list. If anyone's got any issues, feel free to read these past 87 pages yourselves and fix them. I'm taking a rest.

The grand total is 231. Now that's more like it. It's not that far from Isaac, actually. I'm certain support is even higher, but not all people supporting the IC would post here. The number of unique supporters increases the earlier in the thread you go because you have random people being like "I hope they get in" and a lot of hopeful people. As time goes on, the number of unique supporter decreases due to lack of hope and people caring less, so that only a small group of devoted fans posts. I'm certain a different person counting through this thread would come up with a different number, but I'm not re-counting that.

1. @ Opossum Opossum (thanks for starting this all!)
  2. ZestyN
  3. ROBnWatch
  4. falcomaster925
  5. POKEMANSPIKA
  6. Flor@
  7. The Light Music Club
  8. KimKarsmashian
  9. lightdasher
  10. Magikarpow
  11. JaylonSonicSpeed
  12. Smasher89
  13. FancySmash
  14. Fatmanonice
  15. Mariofan5000
  16. WaddleKing
  17. LuluTheBean
  18. Marigi174
  19. KeybladePony
  20. Nanapopfan200
  21. Onyx Oblivian
  22. DoodleDuck97
  23. CyberHyperPhoenix
  24. Strider_Bond00J
  25. MoveMan1
  26. SMAASH! Puppy
  27. fed0ra7
  28. SegaNintendoUbisoft
  29. smashkirby
  30. EricTheGamerman
  31. Staarih
  32. PlayfulMushroom
  33. RodNutTakin
  34. UberPyro64
  35. Xevious 1
  36. swordofacorn
  37. Nintendotard
  38. DukeNapoleon
  39. Dynamo68
  40. Number ThreeShin F.
  41. CCC|Mason
  42. TaRtOoN-Hand94
  43. IkeChromMarth
  44. Ridleyridster
  45. Ryan.
  46. slambros
  47. Eight_SixtyFour
  48. kackamee
  49. Brickbuild101
  50. EndlessChrom
  51. Burruni
  52. SMX
  53. AEM
  54. kantoskies
  55. BridgesWithTurtles
  56. fatman.spam
  57. YberPyro64
  58. DonkaFjord
  59. ErenJager
  60. Makai Wars
  61. Dee-SmashinBoss
  62. Xevious 1
  63. TeddyBearYoshi
  64. HazySmoke
  65. Megadoomer
  66. Parallel_Falchion
  67. J04K|M
  68. Garrett Robinson
  69. VGamer01
  70. FalKoopa
  71. Nauzgo
  72. MagnesD3
  73. Ember Reaper
  74. RawstyleEevee
  75. KeybladePony
  76. GhettoNinja
  77. Freduardo
  78. SmashChu
  79. Guybrush20X6
  80. Sm4sher69
  81. DecaHibiki
  82. Erotic&Heretic
  83. C3CC
  84. WarioJim
  85. Zigzagar
  86. Pheta RayObnoxshush/Dasshizer]
  87. L9999
  88. oxyborb
  89. The Petalburg
  90. TheDarkKnightNoivern
  91. Jacuzzi Splot
  92. Radical Beam
  93. <Green>
  94. Saikyoshi
  95. Rie Sonomura
  96. TheBlueSpirit
  97. Sonsa
  98. KoM
  99. ZephDGT
  100. legendofrob1
  101. Umbra of Shadows
  102. ミスティック Speed
  103. WindozeNT
  104. PSIBoy
  105. Lucimar
  106. BoN~
  107. GiantBreadbug
  108. LunarDistortion
  109. vaanrose
  110. P|Te
  111. Pokechu
  112. Akira213
  113. arcticfox8
  114. Rotorstorm331
  115. Equestrian Flyer
  116. Mask and Mirror
  117. Quillion
  118. WaddleKing
  119. LovinMitts
  120. Twin Shot
  121. KirbySS44
  122. AirShad
  123. True Blue Warrior
  124. SuperLittleTY
  125. cephalod17
  126. BluePikmin11
  127. 4cast
  128. TheCJBrine
  129. theenlightenedone
  130. Twin Shot
  131. the101
  132. SmashBear
  133. MaskO'
  134. Lilfut
  135. Cpt.
  136. Scoliosis Jones
  137. EdgeTheLucas
  138. Sonic Poke
  139. Flaxr XIII
  140. SmashRiver64
  141. D-idara
  142. Cloudy
  143. CardStealer1
  144. KimmotMan
  145. PsiDude
  146. Giggapuff
  147. Souldin
  148. Xiivi
  149. Speculator
  150. TheDMonroeShow
  151. Smallgenie549
  152. FlynnCL
  153. Moldy Clay
  154. Xavier :D
  155. DeLux
  156. Kain6th
  157. The Puffer
  158. Clint Jaguar
  159. Dave Stevenson
  160. Critzilean
  161. EdreesesPieces
  162. KaZe_DaRKWIND
  163. LucinaSuitSamus
  164. Trekkerjoe
  165. AstroHamsta
  166. EmeraldDragonair
  167. Thunderfang747
  168. AlexLopezGt
  169. LiamMail
  170. MBakhsh
  171. infzy
  172. Mr. Funk
  173. Johnknight1
  174. smashingDoug
  175. Ryu Myuutsu
  176. xHackAttackx
  177. shinhed-echi
  178. Hydde
  179. mini paincakes
  180. ZeldaMaster
  181. Aninymouse
  182. Pokemaster73
  183. Maxoxpower
  184. Donalp15
  185. aaron1290
  186. SS-bros14
  187. Laniv
  188. mynameisv
  189. Wonks
  190. ❀Miracle
  191. ferioku
  192. AustarusIV
  193. Benze Colon
  194. PlayfulMushroom
  195. T-Hell
  196. Dracandros
  197. Derekburn
  198. Yosher
  199. TerminalMontage
  200. Handy Man
  201. LonelyJaguar
  202. Young$$$
  203. Hazy Smoke
  204. Pop Nana Power
  205. Arthreeteseven
  206. Xigger
  207. Motorcycle the Pooh
  208. bicth
  209. TumblrFamous
  210. Burigu
  211. Kon
  212. Swift Fox
  213. GoldenYuiitusin
  214. Stenton
  215. AceSox
  216. KokiriKory
  217. Chalphy
  218. Crap-Zapper
  219. Project Angel
  220. Roger Smith
  221. Ice Climbers P and N
  222. SmasherP82
  223. [Corn]
  224. FrozenHobo
  225. Kapus
  226. Wiipodicus
  227. gothrax
  228. kackamee
  229. SnowCold
  230. fogbadge
  231. mrbrawl
Number 2 eh?

I like it.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I've been thinking about making a fan made DLC trailer for Ice Climbers for quite a while now. Not sure if I should make it of them as a duo or something that indicates they're modified. I'd probably make more than one if I find inspiration. Although I don't have sufficient capture equipment nor am I quite there yet in terms of affording to put $200+ down on a capture card. Here are some of my ideas:
Music: In the beginning, I was thinking about using the later portion of Ice Climber (Brawl) to set the mood in a way followed by some anticipating pacing with however the intro would go, and even if they'd consider using any CG clips at all which were only really present with Ryu for like not even 10 seconds total. Then Ice Climbers appear (this is all my duo trailer idea) and their victory theme plays. Then the splash art, "Ice Climbers do a thing!" (tentative title) and then they high five. Fade to white. The camera shows a good close up of them so you can take in their HD glory. The music for the montage portion will be Shin Onigashima because I feel that's the most up beat and close enough to them in particular.

Grab clip: The Ice Climbers will grab a character on stage and start to pummel. However, in here, Popo will be holding the foe in place while Nana slowly swings her hammer as the pummel attack in a pummel-like rhythm. Then Popo will throw the opponent away with a down throw and the direction and action will clearly indicate that not only wobbles won't exist, but chain grabbing also won't apply. While chain grabbing was removed from the start, I feel it's necessary to visually demonstrate how their infamous grab exploits can be remedied.

Melee reference: What's a veteran DLC trailer without paying homage to their debut installment? Now that we have 3 revived Melee veterans so far, that's plenty to show in a scene with Ice Climbers. So they can all be taken to a classic Melee stage perhaps, not sure which one yet, and they all taunt simultaneously. They will all use their taunts they had from Melee specifically as another homage when they all had only one taunt.
Those are just a couple things I thought of and possibly how I'd like their real trailer to be. But now I feel like if I were to attempt this, by the time I get the chance, I'll be buried in homework and the Ballot will be close to closing. So I fear it would become obsolete very quickly unless they take a peak at fan activity after the Ballot ends as a bit of influence.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've been thinking about making a fan made DLC trailer for Ice Climbers for quite a while now. Not sure if I should make it of them as a duo or something that indicates they're modified. I'd probably make more than one if I find inspiration. Although I don't have sufficient capture equipment nor am I quite there yet in terms of affording to put $200+ down on a capture card. Here are some of my ideas:
Music: In the beginning, I was thinking about using the later portion of Ice Climber (Brawl) to set the mood in a way followed by some anticipating pacing with however the intro would go, and even if they'd consider using any CG clips at all which were only really present with Ryu for like not even 10 seconds total. Then Ice Climbers appear (this is all my duo trailer idea) and their victory theme plays. Then the splash art, "Ice Climbers do a thing!" (tentative title) and then they high five. Fade to white. The camera shows a good close up of them so you can take in their HD glory. The music for the montage portion will be Shin Onigashima because I feel that's the most up beat and close enough to them in particular.

Grab clip: The Ice Climbers will grab a character on stage and start to pummel. However, in here, Popo will be holding the foe in place while Nana slowly swings her hammer as the pummel attack in a pummel-like rhythm. Then Popo will throw the opponent away with a down throw and the direction and action will clearly indicate that not only wobbles won't exist, but chain grabbing also won't apply. While chain grabbing was removed from the start, I feel it's necessary to visually demonstrate how their infamous grab exploits can be remedied.

Melee reference: What's a veteran DLC trailer without paying homage to their debut installment? Now that we have 3 revived Melee veterans so far, that's plenty to show in a scene with Ice Climbers. So they can all be taken to a classic Melee stage perhaps, not sure which one yet, and they all taunt simultaneously. They will all use their taunts they had from Melee specifically as another homage when they all had only one taunt.
Those are just a couple things I thought of and possibly how I'd like their real trailer to be. But now I feel like if I were to attempt this, by the time I get the chance, I'll be buried in homework and the Ballot will be close to closing. So I fear it would become obsolete very quickly unless they take a peak at fan activity after the Ballot ends as a bit of influence.
I always thought if they were to be revealed, the start of the trailer would feature DHD, Rosalina and Luma, and Olimar and the Pikmin duking it out with some of the other competition.

They're all dominating, showing off some of those tricks you do with "2 players in one". With the other characters clearly outmatched, ready to accept their defeat; Rosalina throws her Luma, Olimar throws a Pikmin, and the duck all go in for the KO.

Right before they get there, 2 giant hammers cut them off; the Luma, duck, and Pikmin, terrified, scurry back. Cut to the Ice Climbers with the caption "the Ice Climbers' make the perfect pair" with their victory theme playing in the background.

The rest of the video is fairly short, but it showcases some of their attacks, as well as the fact that the Ice Climbers are the only characters that can actually still chain grab (to an extent).

So whats everybody think?

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I always thought if they were to be revealed, the start of the trailer would feature DHD, Rosalina and Luma, and Olimar and the Pikmin duking it out with some of the other competition.

They're all dominating, showing off some of those tricks you do with "2 players in one". With the other characters clearly outmatched, ready to accept their defeat; Rosalina throws her Luma, Olimar throws a Pikmin, and the duck all go in for the KO.

Right before they get there, 2 giant hammers cut them off; the Luma, duck, and Pikmin, terrified, scurry back. Cut to the Ice Climbers with the caption "the Ice Climbers' make the perfect pair" with their victory theme playing in the background.

The rest of the video is fairly short, but it showcases some of their attacks, as well as the fact that the Ice Climbers are the only characters that can actually still chain grab (to an extent).

As long as nothing bad happens to Rosalina or Luma. I don't like watching my mains beat each other up.

Also, it's very ironic to have cute things be terrified by cute things.
Luma/Pikmin/Duck: "Eep! It's two parka wearing kids with Kirby faces! Run for your lives!"

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As long as nothing bad happens to Rosalina or Luma. I don't like watching my mains beat each other up.
I can't guarantee anything.:smirk:

Also, it's very ironic to have cute things be terrified by cute things.
Luma/Pikmin/Duck: "Eep! It's two parka wearing kids with Kirby faces! Run for your lives!"
If it helps, just remember all those adorable things were laying waste to the likes of Mario, Link, Samus,etc... right before hand.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice

"make the perfect pair!"
I got chills. Bravo.

EDIT: Really getting excited for their arrival, if it is to happen. There's just too much time between Mewtwo's release and the end of the ballot. And Nintendo probably won't release the results of the ballot right as it ends, keeping the winners a secret for a good while? Sure, they could easily be working on new chars as we speak, but why, when there are cool vets missing from the action-ones already partially developed? Does any other fighting game just drop charcters like that?

Things are about to get hype again, I can feel it! Two more months--or less. Orr slightly more, too. I'm excited :3

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Wait I've been wondering, if ICs DO manage to get into sm4sh, wouldn't they actually have customs?
Sakurai did say they were working fine with the WIIU right? That means they must have had their customs too.

Top Bottom