• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BreakDown Tournament III - Royal Palm Beach, FL - 04.19.08

The WiLL

Smash Apprentice
1189 Royal Palm Beach Blvd.
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561) 439-2111

For directions, I recommend going to www.randmcnally.com .
For tournament rules, please go to http://www.willvolution.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=56 .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BreakDown Tournament III
Saturday, April 19, 2008

Entrance Fee-$5.00
Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! EX2 Tournament Fee-$10.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament Fee-$10.00
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2) Tournament Fee-$10.00

Prizes for each Tournament:
1st-70% of the pot
2nd-20% of the pot
3rd-10% of the pot

1:00PM - Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! EX2 Tournament
4:00PM - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament
7:00PM - Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Tournament (PS2)

This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller) event. Willvolution.com or Sub Zero Games are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

You know the drill. Post here if you're coming!

The WiLL

Smash Apprentice
Here's the list of who's coming so far (Both maybes and definites)...

NS:GNTEX2
The WiLL
princess of light
Nero
Disastorm
Icekid

SSBB
The WiLL
princess of light
sabinx
Rieshu
Byakuya
Nero
Jin
Z
Disastorm
Ruuku
projekt84
Icekid
darkshy + 3 friends
Nicholas.Riddle
Wheelz

GGXXAC
The WiLL
The Juggernaut
Nero
projekt84
CEO of Darkness

HYPE!

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
you are riddle? or icekid and riddle are only two real players coming.

*shrug* if you are coming, I would be glad to take your money. I could use the extra funds.

I play with icekid, our crew runs FL.

and on a side note.. Will , mystic is probably coming to this and playing all 3 games.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
I will pass on a trip to orlando for brawl of all things. Besides, clearly from the results of a monster CFL tournament and 1st 2nd are from WPB 20 mins north of me.. the good players are all in south FL.

Another time perhaps.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok, lets say that those two are the ****. you are saying that you will get more competition in your 15 man tourney than in gigs like 60 man tourney? gigs is going to be a bigger, better, and more competitive tourney, where you will be able to gain a lot more experience. also, CFL players were right under them, and did very good as well. gigs will def be the better tourney.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
I don't need competition atm in brawl. I don't even play outside of tournaments. There's no depth or things to 'get' so until I see a reason to drive and play people in orlando to gain experience (if thats even necessary in this game) I will worry about it. Now, if you are bad or just learning smash in general or for some reason don't grasp brawl yet, sure a 60+ person tournament is a great learning place. Just not worth a 3 hour drive IMO. Maybe another time for something more interesting like a crew tournament (which I am in the process of working out organizing if any players are interested in)

I am going to this tournament mainly to play Accent Core. I will play smash for fun and depending on who shows up I am sure will be enough 'competition' for now.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
SabinX, do you have wifi?
if so whats your FC?

as far as I can see, this crew of yours, your talking about does not run FL. Yes granted Mr H is good, but hes no more better than me dguy or skratch at this game. He can tell you himself how he barely pulled that Win from me in semi's. Now icekid is diff. the kid obviously has got talent. And unfortuanately CFL has to suffer to Olimar johnz, because face it.... no one here plays a decent olimar. Give it time to blossem NoobinX, then talk your smack. :lick:

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
noobinX? lol ok X yz .. worst dis ever.

for starters.. mr. H, icekid said might as well be part of crew since he lives so close. i've never even met the kid. But ice says he's cool ppl. Also.. we all didn't travel to orlando for 1 person to win money.. instead 1 of us went and won. icekid pwned it up for all of us and we cheered him on from here lol

and again.. you DO realize we all play on par with icekid? Been playing multiple games with same crew for years. As for brawl being new and time to blossom. This game has no depth. Either you get it or you don't. I understand where you are coming from with lack of olimar practice.

Like I said, feel free to drive south sometime. I don't see a need to constantly drive north for brawl when the people who are winning the tournaments live here.

also, wifi is trash and the fact that you would want to play on that says something.
You should know that the lag on wifi can be horrendous as well as the fact that it is never 100% smooth. What good does playing at a handicap do for players who are precise and play really fast? nothing, thats what.

PM me if you want .. I dont mind playing I just don't take it seriously at all.

edit: our crew has best olimar/DDD/MK/ZSS players in state easily. If not in the game right now. Would CFL and other places be interested in a giant crew tournament if it were organized.. say a 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 setup? mass entries and big pot. I have all the details in the works if people are interested.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
hmm, been playing multiple games with the same crew for years huh?

WELL I GUESS MELEE ISN'T ONE OF THEM.

i've never even heard or seen any of you guys place well in any melee tourneys in FL. If in fact your new to the smash scene, I really wouldn't go around thinking your hot **** just yet. Yes this is a forum, but you carry yourself from here to in person.

And you're completely wrong, the best of the best will soon be shown with TIME. Not after a month of its release date.

I'm not ready, my crew isn't ready, but when were ready, you best believe your crew will be challenged to a crew battle. I'm far from a noob, i've proved that with some tournies here, and to me frankly, that means squat.

So you can keep on thinking with that noob mentality.
Don't start off on the wrong foot with this scene.

PS- this is in no way commenting on Icekid or the others in your crew, I think their good guys, but you're coming on to me as a bit of a douche bag.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
lol i never traveled anywhere for melee but I would probably beat you in that too.. I played some people here and there but nothing major was always too busy. I remember playing seibrik back in the day at a card shop in miami often. Also would play with synikal and lex and ppl up this way once in a while.

haven't touched melee in forever so I wouldn't know anymore but id still be up for that for old times sake.

and who are you? who did you main in melee.. never heard of you either ;) not new to game.. been playing since 64 days. I am not a d-bag. I just like hyping things. Seems like you are willing down the road to play, so fine by me.

as for best of the best.. im going by people now, since game release. simply that.

besides.. not that serious man ;) chill. mainly just want to get giant mass tournament going down the road for a crew battle/ FL battle. would actually make this boring game not so boring.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
No, you probably wont beat me in Melee.
I main Falcon and Doc. After smashmac I have the best doc in the state, thats not saying much because alot of ppl do not main doc.
and as for falcon, im one of the best, if not best, again, not many falcon mainers.

I'm kinda done talking here, i'll let my game do the talkin.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
newcomer? lol not in the slightest.

sorry, just never heard of xyz during melee days.

I only really know of the south FL people who played and shiz.

I apologize if you were big up north and I don't recall the alias.

when and if we get to play I will bust out melee and try to freshen up, been forever.

I have much respect for melee Doc players. wasn't many at all. mained jiggs/doc.

anywho, not really a douchebag. Would always rather play than talk. Don't take my words TOO seriously on the boards. Brawl kind of bores me so any and all hype / rivalry helps lol.

Good luck at gigs. I will be curious to see how it goes for you and some others.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
newcomer? lol not in the slightest.

sorry, just never heard of xyz during melee days.

I only really know of the south FL people who played and shiz.

I apologize if you were big up north and I don't recall the alias.

when and if we get to play I will bust out melee and try to freshen up, been forever.

I have much respect for melee Doc players. wasn't many at all. mained jiggs/doc.

anywho, not really a douchebag. Would always rather play than talk. Don't take my words TOO seriously on the boards. Brawl kind of bores me so any and all hype / rivalry helps lol.

Good luck at gigs. I will be curious to see how it goes for you and some others.
hmm, your a good guy afterall, i taketh back what i said, friendly rivarly is what we need in the south east. good luck at your tourney as wel.

peace.

Galeon

Smash Ace
you are riddle? or icekid and riddle are only two real players coming.

*shrug* if you are coming, I would be glad to take your money. I could use the extra funds.

I play with icekid, our crew runs FL.

and on a side note.. Will , mystic is probably coming to this and playing all 3 games.
wait. didn't FIU handle your crew at the last tourney in both singles and doubles?

Maybe you run CFL or something =/ SFL is FIU.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
lol I was waiting for you guys to post.

*yawn* for starters I personally think doubles is a joke. I have never played in one and that was just to kill time. you could be doubles champs for all I care. good for you ;)

as for singles. I went 1-1 with chaz and I would play you again anytime with 100% confidence I would win. Controller errors are such sour things. I took our first match to learn the matchup since that was the first lucas match i'd played. 2nd match once I completely figured out how you play and analyzed your whole game I made a 1.5 stock comeback and lost to a double no response from my c stick lol ....

But after initial "wtf!?" of that crap I didnt care because I know I would just win next time :)

I didn't get to play seibrik or equi (if he was even with you guys?) But I would like to sometime. Seibrik used to play me in melee once in a while.

anytime everyone is together i am sure a crew battle would be fine. the other day things came up and ppl had to be in miami asap so we got food and dipped. but I am down next time both groups are at the same place.

Galeon

Smash Ace
wow, couple things to say here.

I like how you bring up your controller errors but you don't bring up my 3 random pk freezes during the match. Also like how you didn't even mention how our set went. The first match being me taking a personal challenge by proving you wrong after you made my all-time favorite brawl quote "Never again" when you got u-smashed :p. I went on to take the majority of your stocks in that set with that move for the lulz. You got 2-0'ed in the end by me, knocked into the loser's bracket at which point, Chaz knocked you out of loser's. along with like 2 other members of your crew for an all FIU-finish. Considering you knocked him into loser's, I'd say you were the one that was analyzed and beat. But whatev.

I'm glad you at least pointed out that you opted out of the crew battle after we won cause I was about to bring that up. Anytime you guys feel like putting up some cash, we'll make this crew battle happen.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
Ah. "never again" on the ledge recovery up smash. Didn't realize the hitbox would extend off the top of the move and hit me using a forward recovery to stage. The up smash itself is great. one of lucas's high points. So don't be mistaken there as that didn't happen again. Because clearly once you started getting whooped in that 2nd match as I came back down almost 2 full stocks, you resorted to straight PK fire spamming and couldn't stop a thing I was doing lol

I got analyzed? You both feared me on final D so much you banned it LOL clearly some issues there ;)
I wasn't the one to get up and scream in someone's face after I lost either. Even though he apologized soon after and it didn't bother me. No beef with the Chaz. :)

as for your random PK freezes. well, you pressed it so it couldnt have been that random. Like saying a rising pound was a rest for jiggs. Your own fault. As for a button being pressed twice with no response well not much I can do about that.

I am all about taking your money.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Another fun post. Getting whooped? I don't remember you once having stock advantage in either of our matches. On top of that, you play Metaknight. You should be thankful you didn't get camped the whole match especially since you felt partial to retreating to the walk off ledges in the transformation sequences and the statue part.

Second, 1) Lucas likes platforms. 2) Metaknight likes FD 3) Chaz lost on FD.
So I guess I'm sorry that I banned a stage that wasn't in my favor. Kinda thought that was what bans were about... Also don't like the way you used the word "fear". You almost beat me on a stage that you counterpicked. Congrats? Honestly, I don't remember what you banned against me cause I didn't lose and have to counterpick... ooooooh.

Also Chaz got angry cause he really shouldn't have lost and your entire crew was around him hyping you up and talking him down during the set. When he had you to himself on a tv not surrounded by your groupies, you lost and so did your crew members.

But whatev, I'm not trying to cause drama. I just don't appreciate you going on in this thread like you're the best in state when you have yet to beat us. I'm sure there are plenty of other crews in state that would want to crew battle you also. See, Icekid's awesome cause he talks trash and he wins tournies/places well. No offense but what have you done? o_o

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Galeon, please refrain from insulting Central Florida by pushing it aside as some "easy to run" location. Neither you nor SabinX have played the highest level CFL players yet, so hold your opinions until then. I do apologize if I have read your wording as hostile incorrectly.

SabinX, whether you intend to or not, you are coming off as very cocky. Saying that you and two other guys run FL is a pretty bold statement. Being confident is fine, just don't insult CFL for no reason and then talk **** to someone who defends it, it makes you look like a scrub. Doubles has been a tournament standard for a long time, to consider it to be worthless or to not take any skill is pretty silly.

PS: Saying you could beat XYZ in Melee is very laughable. Nobody in FIU nor anybody in SabinX's crew could do it. Keep trash talk to the game you play.

Galeon

Smash Ace
agh post got deleted. But i didn't mean to offhandedly insult CFL. Just was mentioning that Icekid took Hard Knocks so he and his crew could brag about that. I really do wanna play you all though, hopefully at the second brawl bash. Didn't mean anything by the comment.

On that note, kinda would like to play a couple melee rounds against you guys too :p (I'd probably get wrecked but I played some melee friendlies today and remembered how much fun it was)

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Ah, I misread then. Yeah hopefully my group will be going to Brawl Bash, it'll be fun. Haven't fired up Melee since Brawl came out, such a good game. I'd probably be down to play some.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Good to hear ^^

when you finalize your plans, make sure to mention how many people are coming with you. i'd be up for friendly crew battles.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
If we come, it would be 3 people from my crew including me and then Crom. We could either do a 3v3 crew battle or a 4v4 if you guys are okay with Crom being on our side. Crom is CFL, just not from my specific crew.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
lol didn't xyz and I settle this last page? and aside from that I still think I would do fine in a melee match.

haha "dont take my words too strong on this board" and I also explained earlier, when this was squashed, just drawing up some hype / rivalry for this boring game. Which xyz stated nothing wrong with that.

Now then. as for losing to chaz, sure. Gonna go ahead and say we are even as it is 1-1 and I didn't make up any excuses as to why I lost. Boo hoo that you feel a little competitive game talk ruined his set. Jeez.. that doesn't make him sound like a baby or all of you for that matter now does it?

I will be sure to be OVERLY OBNOXIOUS every time we play :) so you can keep using that as an excuse lol

Please camp me next time ;) those are the easiest of matches.

I retreated with 100% 1 stock and you at 2 stocks low 20's I beleve.. and I came back taking 25% and got you to 1 stock 120% range lol Just had to learn the matchup. You couldn't touch me for over a stock .. only needed one hit to win. Luckily for you, controller gave you that opportunity you so needed. Oh, and GG's for the entire last stock PK fire camping.. helped me comeback.

regarding CFL I am sure you are all nice guys. if anything dont take it as personal stabs. I mean you all placed at the top of a monster tourny. Nothin to sneeze at. rivalries nothing more.

Top Bottom