• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Break the Targets/Board the Platforms/1P Mode Records

TANK64

Smash Lord
omg, you can't use a stop watch on a youtube vid to time milisecs >___>.
Can't believe you'all are still considering it. It's the same run lol.
Guess it's great that we trust each other. But I'm pretty sure this is beyond benefit of the doubt.
I agree with battlecow that difficulty doesn't matter here, but does he even have another other fast times? And then he beats the best TAS? with what looks exactly the same...

Oh wait, it's on emulator, it doesn't matter ROFLMFAOjfdkd;alk

Love MATTS!, but ehh :/

EDIT:
(As someone who is going for a WR:
I can do close to WR time live.
I have a bunch of low times.
and have sub 9 Samus times on multipule cartridges.
I'll make sure to use a different color now lol.)

Compatible

Smash Cadet
1p records on consol: Total 13696390

Luigi 1086686
Mario 1093055
DK 1119455
Link 1187864
Samus 1067552
Captain Falcon 1100784
Ness 1150675
Yoshi 1152551
Kirby 1267443
Fox 1111632
Pikachu 1281770
Jiggly 1076923

clubbadubba

Smash Master
was just trying to be unbiased and objective about the whole thing. But yes I agree it doesn't seem legit. About the stopwatch thing I thought we were comparing his 13'53 to the human record 13'93 and wasn't getting why he would paster 13'55 to 13'53. I see now though. The old WR goes up!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Your friend got a tag I should use?
no, he doesn't, sorry :/

he was curious as to how everyone else stacked up against him, not concerned over whether or not he'd be placed in the leaderboard here. i'm sure someone on here could beat it if he dedicated himself to it.

Navajo

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon - Board The Platforms 21'40

I was searching records and all, Then came across this community here. Im not a "competitive" player though. Just a hardcore sequence breaker / speed runner, But im thinking about trying out kaillera

TANK64

Smash Lord
Here we go again ROFLMAO!

Nice to meet you.

So you just beat Isai's WR by 0.07sec....

hmmm

Ok.

Emulator right?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Okay found this link to btt and btp records from a few years ago, but some of them are incomplete. anyone got the complete list? I never put a btp record list up there cuz no one posted it here, but I'll put one up if we get a complete list.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/198854-super-smash-bros/49328391

Also new rule, anything that breaks a world record needs a vid with it to go up here, doesn't even matter if your breaking your own record (gotta put that in OP too). And navajo has a vid so he's going up.... for now. mwahahahahahaha

quick edit: wait wait wait, TAS or no navajo?

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
Okay found this link to btt and btp records from a few years ago, but some of them are incomplete. anyone got the complete list? I never put a btp record list up there cuz no one posted it here, but I'll put one up if we get a complete list.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/198854-super-smash-bros/49328391

Also new rule, anything that breaks a world record needs a vid with it to go up here, doesn't even matter if your breaking your own record (gotta put that in OP too). And navajo has a vid so he's going up.... for now. mwahahahahahaha

quick edit: wait wait wait, TAS or no navajo?
lol good old gamefaqs times :)

this list looks good! i have a feeling malva has better link and luigi btp time. and tonkatsu has awesome times too just search on youtube (im not sure if he plays only japanese version)
dont know if it helps anything lol

Olikus

Smash Champion
I think NT or something now has allmost all the records for both japanese btt and american btt.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Those are already up.

wait wait wait, TAS or no navajo?
awesome run, navajo

are you using TAS? because it certainly looks like it, especially on your V1 c.falcon run
Thanks, now I don't sound like such a douche lol. But it's just so perfect.

Also, we should have separate runs for Emulator and Console. It would make the OP bigger, but so what :p

Olikus

Smash Champion
HikaP marth1, torunedo, Sean Kaczmarek, kabiK and JoeBushman111 with the WR for btt. Does anyone know if any of those are descent players at smash allso? Or was before for that matter. Havent heard of any of them.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Joe Bushman was a famous melee ganon from back in the day

marth1 is also a melee player, pretty good AFAIK

Olikus

Smash Champion
decent at BtT is basically muscle memory
yeah Im aware of that you dont need to be good at smash 1v1 to master btt. Just wondering if anyone had heard of them as smash players. But yeah they might be old players. Dunno how old the majority of the records are.

Would be cool to have date on them allso. To know which one of them that are old and which one that are recent.

loudblazer

Smash Rookie
So I'm sure most of you have looked at records on youtube, and I have never used an immultor (however its spelled), but some are obvious that they used one. I never heard of one until my brother told me. Ive never seen or used one. I only focused on pikachus break the targets, which i got 10.10. The world record listed above was 9.10. I was just curious if anybody thinks that 9.10 is immulator. I just watched a 8.99 on youtube and its hard to believe.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
emulator (lol immulator) does not mean the time is forged or different from console.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
So I'm sure most of you have looked at records on youtube, and I have never used an immultor (however its spelled), but some are obvious that they used one. I never heard of one until my brother told me. Ive never seen or used one. I only focused on pikachus break the targets, which i got 10.10. The world record listed above was 9.10. I was just curious if anybody thinks that 9.10 is immulator. I just watched a 8.99 on youtube and its hard to believe.
the 9.10 is legit but the 8.99 is done using TAS (tool assisted speed run) which allows you to play frame by frame

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ballin is trolling, since he knows loudblazer wasn't referring to the little differences there are between ymmultore and kansol, but thought there was something else that made it significantly easier on ymmultore.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Was messin around and got pika btt down to 10.41. Damn you Pete on top of me by 1/100th!

killmaster

Smash Apprentice
BTT : luigi 11.65
pikachu 10.03
puff 14.11
THS 2'28''50

1 p mode : Ness 1 615 910

clubbadubba

Smash Master
uh-oh guys, bad news. my old laptop broke and so with it the amazing spreadsheet I had going that had everyone's times has disappeared! I'll see what I can do about putting it back together, will take a while cuz I'm not just gonna do it all at once. oh and killmaster you won't get on the overall times leaderboard unless you post all of your times

clubbadubba

Smash Master
:coolmonke . Guess ill get back to doing this for a little while to kill some time.
haha well i hope you still have your old scores. If anyone wants to make things easier on me they could just post their scores again all at once so I don't have to go through the whole thread.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Man. Went back to try and beat my old times and BOY--- this **** is hard lol.

Kirby--> 17.55
Falcon--> 10.41

Total 2min 51.59secs

Still lame ;___;

/updated my full post.

killmaster

Smash Apprentice
Btt
Luigi 11.59
Mario 8.57
Dk 9.47
Link 11.31
Samus 8.99
Falcon 9.75
Ness 17.63
Yoshi 15.39
Kirby 14.53
Fox 10.21
Pikachu 9.95
jigglypuff 13.49

THS 2''20'88

I just noticed your post clubbadubba anyway I managed to lower my total by 6 sec in 2 weeks so it's not so bad .. i'm aiming for sub 20 one day lol

killmaster

Smash Apprentice
quick question: if you need a video to hold the world record then where are the videos for the current records? not challenging any, just would like to see them in action :)
I added my mario and puff .. i don't have all my score on youtube yet ..

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Topped off a Doug BtT time of 9.43 seconds.

Best time im getting for a while.

Edit: Watched a video of a guy getting 9"20..My dreams are crushed

Top Bottom