• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Fighting Cast, Some Intended for Brawl Only?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Alright, Wolf and Falco's roles in the Star Fox series are suddenly changing.

I believe in StarFox 64, Falco left the Starfox team. Although he came back in Assault, I think him and Fox's relationship as BFFs was coming to an end soon. Wolf, on the other hand, has become more of a friendly rival as the series progresses, teaming up with Fox to battle a greater evil.

If Smash 4 comes, I'm expecting Wolf to stay and Falco to go.
You must not have actually played the games, then. Falco did not leave at the end of 64 - no one did. At the beginning of Adventures it was mentioned that he had done so between 64 and Adventures, but then he returned at the end of Adventures. The entire team then split up before Command, but in most of the paths of that game Falco also rejoins, and a number of the endings have the team staying together (one even has Fox and Falco becoming F-Zero racers, weirdly enough). Heck, even the ending where Fox's son forms a new Star Fox squadron has Falco among the new team.

And Wolf is not becoming more friendly. He does what is in his best interest is all - when he and Fox share a common foe, he will reluctantly assist him, as is the case in Assault and some Command paths. In 64 he was employed by Andross, so it was in his best interest to fight Fox. Nothing has changed between them - they're still rivals with a dislike for each other but a grudging respect for each other's prowess.

Zevox

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Oh, and about the third parties...

Sonic probably has a good chance of being in the next Smash game.

Snake...dunno. Isn't Metal Gear Solid 4 suppossed to be the last Metal Gear game? I thought I heard rumors about that.

Oh, and I also heard rumors Mother 3 is the last game in the Mother series...as in the series won't continue. But take that for what it's worth.
Well if that's, true, there may be a slight possibility of him not returning if Sakurai doesn't direct the next game, but even then I doubt it, as Metal Gear fans would flock to see their favorite spy's real last stand in the next Adventure Mode.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm sorry but... what a useless thread!

Brawl hasn't been out for more then a month and your already thinking about who we might lose for the next game if we even get a next game!

Spellman

Smash Ace
I don't care about who's popular and who's not.

I want more WTF characters.

Cause ****it, if you want an all purpose character, I have one. One that's
A)Antagonist
B)Female
C)Pirate.

Yes, I do mean Captain Syrup from Wario Land 1 and 2. I would LOVE for them to bring her back.
I hear ya, truly a wtf character. And there is a lot of room to turn her into a really detailed character like they did with Pit because she has not had a lot of exposure besides maybe a piece of manual art and her in game sprites.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
And those two Fire Emblem games are infact one of the biggest Fire Emblem games in the series currently. I kind of doubt Ike would get the boot if there ever is a new Smash Bros. which could be very unlikely.

Again, when will another Mother game appear? It will take a long time for Mother fans to ever see another sequel again. Also, the same could of been said for Ness when Mother 3 was originally was suppose to come out but, as of how both Ness and Lucas will stay.

Wolf is a very important character in the Star Fox series and more important than Krystal who's only main important role was in Adventures and then became a normal team member.

Snake will probably come back again since Kojima wanted him to be in Smash in the first place, the same will probably be said for Sonic as well since Sega showed interest of putting Sonic in since Melee.

CMWaters

Smash Rookie
I hear ya, truly a wtf character. And there is a lot of room to turn her into a really detailed character like they did with Pit because she has not had a lot of exposure besides maybe a piece of manual art and her in game sprites.
Add to that...

It takes some kind of woman to make Wario look humble in his greed.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Ike-Fire Emblem lords are usually the main characters of one or two Fire Emblem games. Ike, if he does not appear again with in the next 6 years will certainly have a successor (Fire Emblem games come once every year or two). I'm sure a majority of kids grwoing up would not know Ike because he is from an older game. This isn't faulty logic, this is the logic that had Mewtwo removed in the first place!

Wolf-This character was probably added as a later addition to bulken up the roster. He is just like Roy in Melee. If he doesn't go, Falco will. If they choose not to remove Wolf, he will definitely be completely different from Fox (more than the already differentiating changes now).

Lucario-Someone said no one cna surpass him in popularity? Lol. Pokemon is a series predominantly enjoyed by younger kids. Don't flame me on this, I know there are older players such as myself. However, to appeal to the younger gamers, they will put in a character from the next Pokemon generation just to add that aspect of familiarity.

Snake-I don't want him to go, but the next Smash won't be headed by Sakurai. If you don't think there is a next Smash I laugh hadrd at you. This is a GIANT money maker for Nintendo, and they would never abandon money. Would you?

Anyways, Sakurai added Snake due to his friendship with Hideo Kojima, Snake's creator. Odds are the person heading the next Smash will get Snake's rights, but he is a candidate of being cut. How high on the list, well, let's say I withdraw my initial remark.

Ichida

Smash Ace
T~T Lucario is way cooler than Mewtwo ever was.

Wolf can go suck a railroad spike. There were so many better choices for that last spot.

ROB doesn't have enough of a role or personality to last longer than Brawl. Game & Watch either. Seriously.

Snake and Sonic took a lot of convincing to even get in; it's hard to say if they'll make it to the next game.

I never found a use for Ness or Lucas, and Earthbound/MOTHER isn't that popular here. I can see it dying off.

I could see Pokemon Trainer returning with a new repertoire, maybe another actual trainer.

NO MORE LINK CLONES PLEASE.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I can sadly see Ike leaving if he doesn't get some love in the next couple of years; as you said. I just hope the Lord that takes his place is just as badass as him.

I can also see Lucario leaving as well; it would be a shame, since he happens to be my favorite pokemon, but like Mewtwo, he will become outdated.

I can also see Pokemon Trainer's pokemon change, but I'm sure Pikachu and Jiggly will still be in.

I can also see one of the Star Fox characters getting the ax as well (hopefully Falco), I think Star Fox won't really raise in popularity by the time the next Smash comes out, and I'm sure Krystal will then be the first pick for a Star Fox rep.

WW Link and one Earthbound character may also get the ax, if the next developer really believes that clones should never be allowed in the Smash Bros. series. Maybe not Earthbound, bit if WW Link loses popularity (I doubt he will, but...), then I will be the first to foresee (and go) to his execution.

R.O.B. is also an issue; if I heard correctly, his major role was in the Emissary, and I can't see the next Smash Bros. following the same old song. I believe he can go, and not many (including me) will miss him.

(And no, even with the Ridley costume, I still don't and never will, love you!)

It's too early to tell for the third party party characters, but for practical reasons, I believe they should stay, or at least hope they do. Snake and Sonic are too badass and unique to the roaster to pass up, but I don't decide these things.

That's about it for me.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I agree; I never really liked her, and believe her role has been played, but she's just gained too much popularity to not pass on.

Hmmm, who should be my punching bag? Jiggly? R.O.B.? Falco? or WW Link? Any suggestions? :p

3D King

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. was purely added for story reasons, so SSB4 probably will have a story. If he's needed in it he'll be back, or if he becomes really popular.

Wolf I can see leaving or staying. He looks to be quite popular but Starfox doesn't need that much representation.

Jiggs has lasted this long she'll last longer

G&W is an important historical figure in Nintendo history as such I don't see him leaving.

Lucario, unless some other pokemon of equal popularity appears in between Brawl and the SSB4 (which is highly unlikely) then he'll be back

Ike represents Fire Emblem for America, tied for most FE games, and isn't a clone like Roy. I see him returning.

Toon Link I'm on the fence with, if they continue the toony looking Zelda games like Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass (which they probably will) I see him returning.

Falco I wish was out but he'll be back

Snake is a tough one, I think it all comes down to how popular he is after his Brawl appearence and even then, if Sakurai isn't leading the next one he has a good chance of being out.

Sonic is and will be way too popular to cut.

Lucas will be back, Mother 3 is the end of the series correct? Ness however has a lesser chance.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Ike's not going anywhere, in all likelihood. He's either the second or third most popular FE Lord in Japan, and I believe the most popular in America. He didn't get in simply because his game is recent, he got in because the fans love him.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
R.O.B. will probably be back. Nintendo seems to like using him in their cameos a lot. Also, like G&W, his iconic/unique status will let him show up in the next game.

Wolf isn't a clone like the TC said...I thought everyone knew this by now. In any case, he hypothetically could get cut, or he may not. His role in the next SF game could be boosted y'know. He did have two good roles in two games since Melee, so it's more than likely he'll get more attention. Falco also separated further, so he too could show up again next time.

Ike could show up again..and if he does, he may actually look like his FE10 counterpart. It's not like Marth or Ness had a new game in between Melee and Brawl either.

Lucas potentially not having a new game in between could also be said about Ness, so there's not much of a problem here.

Lucario is probably the most vulnerable here. There could be something like a revolving door where the non cute pokemon gets replaced in each game. He's the one who's fate is up in the air the most.

As for the cut veterans...Pichu was clearly a joke character, and currently there are no joke characters in Brawl, so getting cut for those reasons are unlikely. Dr. Mario was just another version of Mario. Now T.Link has this same problem too, but unlike Doc, T. Link made a name for himself/is clearly his own character. (Actually he deserved it more than TP Link) Roy was a promotional character for a game that hadn't come out yet at the time of Melee, and was apparently very unpopular in his only game. There are no characters with his status in Brawl, so its unlikely anyone will suffer from his problems. Mewtwo is the oddball here, and was probably cut for space reasons, or at least balance between series. (Both pokemon gnerations, and over all Smash series balance) Also he was a very unpopular character. I don't think any character getting knocked out for the last reasons will be determined any time soon.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What's with everyone concentrating so much on future Smash games? Chances are you won't be hearing about another one for a while.
Thank you. someone finally speaks the truth! Let it be heard!!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If anything, ALL Veterans will return in SSB4, since the characters cast will have less main characters, and will likely start on the more obscure support characters, like Krystal and Geno, while popular.

Looks at it this way, Smash Bros is mostly made up of very important characters to their series'. SSB4 will see the return of Roy, Pichu, Dr Mario & Mewtwo, that I am pretty sure of, since what needs to be added? Characters from less popular series (Isaac for example) and lesser main characters in important series' (Krystal and Vaati for example)

Of course there may never be an SSB4.

And Ness and Lucas would probably both return, infact I wouldn't be surprised if Ninten was added to the Mother line up. Wasn't Mother 3 meant to be the LAST Mother game?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Ike's not going anywhere, in all likelihood. He's either the second or third most popular FE Lord in Japan, and I believe the most popular in America. He didn't get in simply because his game is recent, he got in because the fans love him.
The only reason he is popular is because he is featured in the recent games. When another blue haired bad *** is released, everyone will be clambering for him. FACT.

As for ROB, his an inconic IP. He can never be outdated or un-popular because he already isn't popular! Like Mr.Game and Watch, he is here to STAY!

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
There are a few major elements that are being forgotten here.

Ike is the first major Fire Emblem character America has received. He's the one that everyone can play as in America, he's our most familiar. Marth and Roy only have Smash Bros. potential right now, but that is still good, seeing as how Marth is in Brawl.

Lucario is exceptionally popular. It's unfair to say he replaced Mewtwo, since we have no idea if the developers really decided to replace him. Besides, Lucario has staying potential. He has an animé movie, special sightings in the games (Diamond and Pearl, you have to follow specific details to get an egg of Riolu; Battle Revolution, you can costume as him), a huge popularity in both America and Japan, and a regular in fourth generation teams. And he's not even legendary!

Wolf, to me, just needs a new Final Smash. I have no problem, especially come what may Star Fox world, with him being back so long as Krystal joins the fray too.

Ness is practically a mascot for Smash Bros., and Lucas is the new member that they wanted to add to prove Mother/Earthbound had more to offer.

But it's just like that one gent said. Planning out SSB4? C'mon! We don't even know if SSB3 is complete yet!

Rakath

Smash Ace
Ike-Fire Emblem lords are usually the main characters of one or two Fire Emblem games. Ike, if he does not appear again with in the next 6 years will certainly have a successor (Fire Emblem games come once every year or two). I'm sure a majority of kids grwoing up would not know Ike because he is from an older game. This isn't faulty logic, this is the logic that had Mewtwo removed in the first place!
Fire Emblem Lords with 3 games:
None... yet, but Marth will be up here eventually.

Fire Emblem Lords with 2 games:
Marth
Ike

Fire Emblem Lords with 2 games, but aren't really Lords in both:
Leaf (technically, but he wasn't an important lord in FE4, he was just there)
Elincia (technically she was a Lord in FE9... for her two chapters of playable status, and she appears in FE10, but she wasn't as important in the second game, and could die towards the end of it without a game loss.)

Realize Fire Emblem has 15 lords or so between the 10 games, and only 4 of them have had reappearances, and only two of them were IMPORTANT double appearances. And both of them are in Brawl. Ike is one of the most loved lords by the fans with the most plot importance to back it up. He was a monster in his games and he's a monster in Brawl. He's very much not going anywhere.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering the fate of the third parties, myself. Will they remain and their numbers slowly grow from game to game, or will they replace them with newer third parties?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I don't think Sonic would be replaced, and I doubt Snake would either, unless Sakurai doesn't make SSB4.

I do think there would be one or two other 3rd party chars though.

Bomberman and I don't care who else ;D

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can see Lucario, Wolf, and Ness leaving. Really having them in in the first place was a huge mistake.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Ike's fate is reliant on the upcoming Fire Emblem games. If he isn't in any of the upcoming ones, he will not be in SSB4. Same applies with Lucario. Mewtwo has had 2 movies, yet he was axed. Currently, the only "immune" Pokemon are Pikachu and Squigglypuff (sorry I had too).

Top Bottom