• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawls Deep April 4th- BRING SETUPSS

So Fatal

Smash Master
(there was no swf thread for this so im making one) Taken from the AiB post.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5416

231 Broad St.
Cumberland, RI. 02864

9am doors opens. Friendlies/warmups

12pm Registration

1pm Brawl Doubles start

4pm Sign up for brawl singles/Doubles End

9 pm tournament over / friendlies

Need: More games and setups. I have 2 Wii systems and 1 Brawl game and 10 tv's. Let me know if you can help out. NO TVS JUST WIIS/BRAWL DISCS

Rules:

No Items
3-stock
8-minute timer
Double Elimination
Best 2/3 for normal matches
Grand Final (Winner's bracket winner vs. Loser's bracket winner) best 3/5
For the first game of each match, random neutral stage:

Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Also, each person is entitled to play any character he wishes for the first round of each match (no preset main to start each match). Players have the option to call for a double blind pick on the first round and if this is wanted, each player will tell his or her starting character to a moderator and neither can change. Once the first game is finished, the loser will state a counter stage:

Any of the 4 starters
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

After the loser of the first round has stated his counterpick stage, the winner then selects his character for the next game. After the winner picks his character, the loser picks his character and the match is played out. If there is a 3rd match, the process is the same.

Each player is allowed one stage to ban if he or she so chooses and a player is not allowed to counterpick a stage he or she has already won on in that particular match unless his or her opponent agrees to it.

After a match is over, report the results to a moderator and we will continue with the tournament.

Prizes:

There is a $5 venue fee with a $10 tournament fee. All tournament fees go into the jackpot.
Winner takes home 60% of the total pot
Second place gets 30%
Third place gets 10%

Side notes:

NO STALLING - stalling is ultimately left to a moderator to decide. Stalling is basically any strategy that keeps you away from your opponent in order to run out the timer in order to win or force a sudden death.

Sudden Death will NEVER be played. Ever. If the timer runs out in a match, it will first be decided by who is up on stock, and then damage. If the rare case occurs where the stock and damage are the same when time runs out, the players will play a 2-minute, 1-stock match on the same stage with the same characters and the winner of that wins the game.

Any move that suicides on the final life (Ganondorf's side-B, Bowser's side-B, Kirby/Dedede's neutral-B, etc...) will be a victory to the player that caused the death. So, to clarify, if a Dedede has 200% damage and his opponent has 20% and the Dedede sucks up the opponent and they both die, then the Dedede wins regardless of the huge different in percentage.

Absolutely no using Meta Knight's infinite cape. All other "glitches" if you want to call them that or strategies with other characters are allowed.

I expect alot of MA/CT people to step up and come this. It is a REALLY SICK venue with a nice owner. Let's show this guy what we can do. (and also that the rest of NE > RI)

People Who should be there:
GreenAce
Dazwa
Fatal
JJ Wolf
Darc
Kevin/Bizkit
BoxMan
Bloodcross
Agression
Fizz
fulg
Cerverance
Ken123
Kid Craft 24
Lord Xaiver
Melito
Noodles
Pikmin Oli
ShadowAce
SickitsMe
Starlight 23
Teot Squirlls
ThakidsROD
XaOz

Etherlight

Smash Apprentice
How close is this from Boston? If it's closer than SMB then I may be able to go if I get transportation. Otherwise being off-state (even if it's close to MA) makes this very unlikely.

Edit: From the looks of it, this tourney is closer but now all I really need is transportation. So yeah, anyone?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This is pretty much located directly between my college and my house. How inconvenient.

What's with the capital O? O_o

Not SHOULD, I WILL be there. Unless I asplode, which is unlikely.

Also, you come into OUR state, using OUR venue, and you wanna talk ****? Aw heeeeeeell naw, it's go time, *****!

RI REPRESENT!

So Fatal

Smash Master
Well. you guys have your own PR's.. obviously you guys think your not good enough to be on the NE PR so... well see what happens. eheeeeeeeeehehhehee

That's it, just lead them into a false sense of security, then when they're complacent, strike. They'll be at their weakest then...

Besides, I've got you all beat anyways.

I main Lucario.

Top Bottom