• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I dunno if this would work, but couldn't you just replace the character's shadow with a model as that is in the characters costume file and has a model for it...
Again juss speculation but It might work...
you would have to fix it not appear on the ground like a shadow though...
Yes, but wouldn't you have the shadow's bone limits to work around? If I'm correct they only have one bone (I don't know for sure, it wouldn't make much sense for in essence a texture to have more than one) and you wouldn't be able to animate it very well. I guess it could be feasible for hats, assuming file sizes don't bug out on you.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
How are you able to enmesh them together so perfectly? that seems like it would be terribly difficult.
Part trial and error, part letting Brawl Box do it for me. They all use the same animation, which not only lines up matching bones automatically, but makes it really easy to animate. By renaming bones, for example, I attached Porky's mech legs to Giga's back and made several of Meta Knight's parts into decorations, as the screenshot clearly indicates.

Hopefully this will become a "thing" soon. I've seen more than enough bland stages with nothing going on.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Razanak7, you are awesome!

Dunno if I've gone and shown this off yet

But for great justice, I need to finish it!

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Now can anyone tell me who's butt I made it out of? XD
*rolls dice* lucario?

@manman: so far as I know you'd probably have to set certain values i haven't a clue about to zero. Unless someone has created a vert/polygon editor. The way I would do it would be to take a few vertices and put them all into the same point, that way you effectively reduce the vertices without deleting them.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
wait, how u do dat? i didn't know you could ADD parts to a model in Brawlbox.
It's a stage. All the models use the same animation, with model-specific bones being used to line them up. Each part has to be animated separately if the bones don't completely match, but those that do are perfectly lined up.

Like so:

Creepy but fully animated blinking eye FTW. Also, tentacles.

Speaking of also, I'm surprised no one has connected the dots yet on what this will be.

manman1235

Smash Cadet
Moar Stuff

It's a stage. All the models use the same animation, with model-specific bones being used to line them up. Each part has to be animated separately if the bones don't completely match, but those that do are perfectly lined up.

Like so:

*More Amazing Piles of Applesauce*

Creepy but fully animated blinking eye FTW. Also, tentacles.

Speaking of also, I'm surprised no one has connected the dots yet on what this will be.
So that'll be in the background of a stage... does that work in game, or even make logical sense without the Wii blowing up?

SIDENOTE:
I've still yet to figure out vertex hacks. Ais.exe doesn't output any files, but a long log.txt file with an error at the end. And I still can't find a good 3d editing software. Nothing fancy, as I just want to remove the parts of Hydra to make the pieces look like they should.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
So that'll be in the background of a stage... does that work in game, or even make logical sense without the Wii blowing up?

SIDENOTE:
I've still yet to figure out vertex hacks. Ais.exe doesn't output any files, but a long log.txt file with an error at the end. And I still can't find a good 3d editing software. Nothing fancy, as I just want to remove the parts of Hydra to make the pieces look like they should.
The picture is in-game. And something I forgot to mention about this method is that it can be pretty limited. For example, with the way I made Mother Brain, I can't use its waist, upper body or neck bones because parts will desynch. It's not a problem anyway, but that will depend on what you make.

In regards to your situation, I'm in the same boat. I have yet to jump on that bandwagon too.

not so awesome as hydra and mother brain but it atleast something
Why must I be taunted so with models directly from the original game when all I have is a texture for Samus? D:

Either way, looks good.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord

*Okami paw thingy*

it's a test, I have plans for Yami!
That looks awesome.

That would have to be my favorite art style, the Okami style I mean, and it's also very similar to the style used in Ultimate Spider-Man for Gamecube/Ps2. Like they jumped right out of a book or comic strip.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
A small Commercial for my main Machinima series, Pokemon Forumet And the strike of Shadow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBFeHtvwra0
nothing special, just dont know where to show it
Why must I be taunted so with models directly from the original game when all I have is a texture for Samus? D:

Either way, looks good.
I though you were much cooler by do stuff like that like your yami samus and mother brain morhp D:
That looks awesome.

That would have to be my favorite art style, the Okami style I mean, and it's also very similar to the style used in Ultimate Spider-Man for Gamecube/Ps2. Like they jumped right out of a book or comic strip.
yes, it does :3
I think it's called "cell-shading"

manman1235

Smash Cadet

are you crazy? i haven't even tested hydra yet (and i can't atm) and it still needs vertex hacks. yours is nice! :oneeye:

EDIT: does anyone know where i can find a .zip or .rar for vert hacking files (asi.exe, 3d software, Mk64n's script, other crap)?

manman1235

Smash Cadet
In regards to your situation, I'm in the same boat. I have yet to jump on that bandwagon too.
I'm trying to jump onto the bandwagon, but i keep falling off!

*Master Hands Cousin*
are you crazy? i haven't even tested hydra yet (and i can't atm) and it still needs vertex hacks. yours is nice! :oneeye:

EDIT: does anyone know where i can find a .zip or .rar for vert hacking files (asi.exe, 3d software, Mk64n's script, other crap)?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

manman1235

Smash Cadet

Did a lil extra for ya, plus added a version of SDo0m's Burst Sonic with the Mario Hat too. xD

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=5216.0
Amy will never find him now...

NEW EDIT: I did it! I've just deleted some points and im going to put it in brawlbox now to see if it worked!
EDIT(old): I'm using DasDonkey Box v1.0 because it was the easiest to understand, and I'm also using Blender. I can't get rid of any of the dots on the screen, or select any without selecting all of them.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Cool but i made a version of this for my self btw at start on spin attacks /other animations sonic dont got hat+at Throws for some reason the hat is at the grapped on your´s version
(i think segtendo like it :D)
...I'll be honest, I didn't understand heads or tails of this post. O_o'

I tested my version all night and morning and his hat shows up everywhere, even in throws.

The only time it vanishes are when guarding, during the boost attack, when he grabs ledges, though it appears while he's staying on it, and is smashed into the ground/hit with pitfall.

Yours disappears at times too ya know. xD

And Seggy should like it. I did it for him in the first place, since he wanted Burst Sonic with the hat, and I wanted him to have a proper person hack. :3

Edit: Ah, the hat doesn't show at the start of spin attacks because when I did make it do that, the spindash trails wouldn't show. It's fine anyways.

As for the throws, I see what you mean now. There's an extra hat that appears whenever he throws someone. xD; I'm not sure how to fix that to be honest, but I never noticed, and it doesn't interfere with anything, so it's no biggie. :3

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Cool but i made a version of this for my self btw at start on spin attacks /other animations sonic dont got hat+at Throws for some reason the hat is at the grapped on your´s version
(i think segtendo like it :D)
Yea. Burst Sonic + Sonic hat=win.

manman1235

Smash Cadet
Ok, hopefully this is my last question. How do you get rid of vertex points in Blender? I tried erasing them and scaling them down. I kept getting an error in BrawlBox. Using DasDonkey v1.0. After I'm done with all this vertexing nonsense, Hydra will be pretty much done! Anyone care to test it when that time comes?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
You never delete vertex points....
only way to get rid of them is to hide them inside of another part of the model.

Top Bottom