• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I messed with the CSS screen yeah, I had an idea in my head for a CSS... It's fairly complex but it'd be a cool end result.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and it seems 32-bit 3DS Max 8 doesn't work, so I need to re-obtain it.

But in case I can't find a 64-bit 8, what other versions work with vertex hacking using DasDonkeyBox 2.x?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and it seems 32-bit 3DS Max 8 doesn't work, so I need to re-obtain it.

But in case I can't find a 64-bit 8, what other versions work with vertex hacking using DasDonkeyBox 2.x?
I've always used 64 bit and 9 for all of my vertex hacking needs, so you can give that one a go.

EDIT: Tommo, did you try copying your entire Autodesk folder and putting it in Program Files (x86), if it's not there already?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I meant to say 9 actually yeah and I've actually reinstalled it.

I got somwhere with compatibility modes anyway but i'll sort it out later

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Basic idea of a CSS I'm working on through rotation and scaling of bones on the CSS.

I will be adding borders to each of the characters so it's not so much of a cluster**** :p.

EDIT: These are NOT in order yet by any means! It's just a concept.

EDITEDIT:
I kinda dig it this way. Organized by color, no borders. I think I'll work from this~

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I like the way it's organized by color. But clicking on small thin buttons can get annoying, especially if your controller has a bad or nonresponsive joystick.

Plus the fact that you kind of have to look harder to figure out who you're actually selecting.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Alright, since that is not pleasing to you all, and I understand why, I'm going to take the idea and fool with it some more.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Spider-Man Crawler Assault Final Smash animation. I made a topic for him elsewhere, but here's a closer and better look at the entire animation. I did one little tweak to it upon releasing the actual Spider-Man hack where he moves back a little bit at the end of the flip kick so it would overall look better:

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
HOLY ****ING ****!!

i want to know how that's possible...

looks like wolf mixed with Samus mixed with Ridley.. with an epic texture... if that's going to be a boss for the boss pack..

please... just please... DO IT

Razanak7

Smash Ace
HOLY ****ING ****!!

i want to know how that's possible...

looks like wolf mixed with Samus mixed with Ridley.. with an epic texture... if that's going to be a boss for the boss pack..

please... just please... DO IT
Don't forget Ganondorf. :3

Unfortunately, the only way to do this properly is with stages, until someone finds a way to make character files load multiple models. However, it can still be animated like any other character.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
that is the most epic character i've ever seen to date. i mean.. it just blows my mind how it's built.
It's actually a lot simpler than it looks. It's really just four characters using one animation, some bone renaming, and a texture composed of copypasta'd parts of Meta Ridley.

Uh...What the hell IS that? O_o
That, is the Legend Suit. :3

Or, as it was known before I named it, epic robot transformer thingy.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Unfortunately, the only way to do this properly is with stages, until someone finds a way to make character files load multiple models. However, it can still be animated like any other character.
Which makes me wonder about things like Jigglypuff's sleep hat, or characters like Mario, Ike, the Star Fox characters, Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight, etc. who all have two modeldatas in their character files

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Which makes me wonder about things like Jigglypuff's sleep hat, or characters like Mario, Ike, the Star Fox characters, Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight, etc. who all have two modeldatas in their character files
That could, hypothetically, work. But it would require the character's model files also containing the necessary animations, which could as much as quadruple the filesize depending on the character, unless it the second model would only appear at specific times. But we can do that much anyway.

It kind of sucks, because I almost got multiple character models working (with some texture resizing to save space), and it had no glitches at all; it loaded, and the character still functioned properly... except that the second model didn't show up. Something tells me the ModelDatas in character files have something unique that makes them work differently than those for stages, and if that certain something could be identified and used, then we'd be in serious business.

But for now, stages still works for me.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
There's something in... something... that controls how many modeldatas show up. It's like if you use a sleepy hat Jigglypuff file over a different costume slot, the hat won't show up, even though it does when it's used on the green slot. It's probably in the character modules, like most unknown things.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
That could, hypothetically, work. But it would require the character's model files also containing the necessary animations, which could as much as quadruple the filesize depending on the character, unless it the second model would only appear at specific times. But we can do that much anyway.

It kind of sucks, because I almost got multiple character models working (with some texture resizing to save space), and it had no glitches at all; it loaded, and the character still functioned properly... except that the second model didn't show up. Something tells me the ModelDatas in character files have something unique that makes them work differently than those for stages, and if that certain something could be identified and used, then we'd be in serious business.

But for now, stages still works for me.
I did something like that... I think. I replaced all of Olimar's pikmin with pokemon. But I had a similar problem, just with textures. I had jiggs, squirtle, charizard, and a couple of vertextures for the rest. they all worked perfectly except for jigg's texture. took a whole bunch of time putting the textures in the right folders. but yeah, every single model worked well enough for me. maybe there's just some random thing taking a random element from a model/texture swap? perhaps it was from the order of stuff added, things taken into account after a certain point in the file other than the regular stuff are replaced?

Actually, something interesting about the jiggs texture: the texture put on jiggs was unlike anything being drawn upon to my knowledge. It didn't match any character or the stage, but it was a definite texture

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I did something like that... I think. I replaced all of Olimar's pikmin with pokemon. But I had a similar problem, just with textures. I had jiggs, squirtle, charizard, and a couple of vertextures for the rest. they all worked perfectly except for jigg's texture. took a whole bunch of time putting the textures in the right folders. but yeah, every single model worked well enough for me. maybe there's just some random thing taking a random element from a model/texture swap? perhaps it was from the order of stuff added, things taken into account after a certain point in the file other than the regular stuff are replaced?

Actually, something interesting about the jiggs texture: the texture put on jiggs was unlike anything being drawn upon to my knowledge. It didn't match any character or the stage, but it was a definite texture
I see what you're getting at, but Pikmin replacements are standard model swaps, even if there's more to the textures than usual. Although now that you mention it, it might be worthwhile to look into multiple models for built-in articles (like Samus' gun) and see if they show up. If they do, then we know that whatever controls character-related functions (where items attach, etc) is what prevents the second model from showing.

From there, it seems like it could be possible to work around that... but that's probably due to my own ignorance, as I have no idea what hex editing and whatnot even entails. Eh, just a theory.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I dunno if this would work, but couldn't you just replace the character's shadow with a model as that is in the characters costume file and has a model for it...
Again juss speculation but It might work...
you would have to fix it not appear on the ground like a shadow though...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Messing around with combining models again...

I'll probably add more to this one later as ideas come to me. It will make more sense when it's fully textured.

Top Bottom