• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
If that Mrs/Ms. G&W had the foot outline to match the shoe, I would use it. Too bad it goes over all the colors. :c
I can make it have a foot outline really easily. given the large response for msg&w i'll finish it soon. I'll base it off the girl from "oil panic", and give it some hair.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That's a lot of Kongs floating around. Awesomeness. :3

Also, HUGE-A$$ PREVIEW NO JUTSU~!

I figured everyone's favourite alien ghost deserved a new texture. I also changed his proportions a bit.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Long time I didn't come in here! I've had many problems but I'm finally back into the hacking scene. Here's the latest vertex hack I'm working on for Destructoid, as a surprise (Hope they don't visit these forums :p)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Get hyped!
Dangit, yet another reason to wish I had time for random movesets.

When abouts do you think you'll be able to release the pack?
Depends on how I do it. I could release them one at a time as they finish, or everything at once. The latter would be more organized, but would take a LOT longer, since nine characters would obviously take longer than one.

I also tend to jump from one to another at random, but I have made progress on each of them, and some more than others; Golem Bowser has the most of his moveset done (which, honestly, is still hardly anything), Majora has a decent amount of everything done, and Razanak has the most animations ready.

I can release betas after I get more progress, but don't expect anything in terms of movesets yet. I recently worked out a good way to make introductory scenes for each of them that integrate their respective stages, so I'll probably be doing something along those lines soon.

I also just got Chrono Trigger, and the awesomeness is compelling me to consider Lavos for the Pack.

Long time I didn't come in here! I've had many problems but I'm finally back into the hacking scene. Here's the latest vertex hack I'm working on for Destructoid, as a surprise (Hope they don't visit these forums :p)
HE HATH RETURNED!

Roo525

Smash Ace
Nice to see you back BigShark!! :)

*Instant change-topic*

How do you apply textures to models in 3DS exactly?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
if you use the right dae maker, it'll apply the textures automatically if they're defaultly named images in the same folder.

otherwise, you can apply a texture either by dragging it straight from the file browser onto the model in 3ds, dragging it into a material slot (press "M") an dragging that onto a model part, or by taking a material slot, going into its maps, and setting the texture as the diffuse color map. you can do this by either dragging or by selecting the "none" box, selecting "bitmap" and using the file browser to find your image. check the little checkerboard box icon in the materials window if your texture doesnt show up.

the uv mapping is already set for each item and will apply the image correctly. turn off any inherent maps in the texture, like metal and shadow and stuff, that could interfere with seeing your texture. you'd have to do a bit more for transparency

then you can have fun and copy the map into other maps for the texture, like bump map and such, bump up the values and render it out.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, and your Young Link looks excellent! I can make a video with him for you if you want.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Merry Christmas preview:

I may tone down the hair/nose to add more definition to the face and psudonose. I'll refine the outlines and I still gotta do her other 2 heads that matter... and slightly smaller hands

I also might change/shorten the dress, just because mr.g&w is pretty flexible and likes to show it, causing some clipping:
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo10/meleemaster500/ohnoes.jpg

on a side note, the slight head design change from the oil panic was because a pony tail was a tad too complex to make, so I based it off of g&w's wife from the "max and watch" animation by hotdiggitydemon, I may also copy the dress from that too.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
lolz thats a cool a mrs. game and watch, but just wait until everybody mashes the a button when using her people are gonna think so wrong. XD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Meleemaster, are you still considered being on ESH, or can I just remove you, because it doesn't seem like you care about the site at all, from your last post (Heck, it took me a while to convince you to post what you had done). I wouldn't mind if you were to leave, I just want to know. Also, think you can fix my Mr.Destructoid? He needs a double patch but it doesn't work for me.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Go ahead, I hardly get anything done for any site anywho, and i'll likely just make stuff for SS. I'll take a look at your model soon, little mac's really easy to texture, so I suppose working around his patch would be pretty easy too

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Huge thanks! For some reason I couldn't double patch it..

I'll credit you once I release it. I'll prepare the video now.

Edit: Uh, for some reason, when I ported him over Sheik, he's invisible in-game. Any reasons for that to have happened?

Top Bottom