• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, i'm just saying that because there might not be a way to get him to have a regular texture, and it'll seem kinda lazy if we just say 'oh, its Shadow Paper Mario', or it would to me, at least. i'm sure there's a lot of people that would use him either way. if you want to take a crack at it, i'll upload what i've done so far.

anyways, i got a bit more done

it was as i figured, the face and hair bones just needed to be in a different index.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well, game and watch has no texture/many other things regular characters have, so I wouldn't expect someone ported over him to have those either

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Did you flatten him using an animation? I was thinking of that too, but it would be hard to rotate, but then again, Paper Mario always faces in like 4 directions anyway and just uses that flat effect when he turns around.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
I would admittedly probably convert that to some sort of taunt for mario, Razanak, if you put it up for download. Also, is that a cruise ship of sorts?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i'm sure yours was a lot easier, Razanak. i would still have to worry about the standard model swapping glitches and messed up hit boxes. nice use of animation scaling, though. i honestly dont care for Paper Mario, the only Mario RPG game i've played was Super Mario RPG. it was a fun little experiment to see what would happen when another model is placed over G+W, and a good learning experience, the main lesson learned is that you dont mess with G+W, EVER. why Nintendo had to program the way they did i'll never know. maybe to prevent us from doing anything to him?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I would love a Paper Mario moveset, even if he was full black... Paper Peach would be cool too..

It'd be even better if you could just make flat version of characters over a single slot...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
yeah, i'm sure yours was a lot easier, Razanak. i would still have to worry about the standard model swapping glitches and messed up hit boxes. nice use of animation scaling, though. i honestly dont care for Paper Mario, the only Mario RPG game i've played was Super Mario RPG. it was a fun little experiment to see what would happen when another model is placed over G+W, and a good learning experience, the main lesson learned is that you dont mess with G+W, EVER. why Nintendo had to program the way they did i'll never know. maybe to prevent us from doing anything to him?
I doubt it was to prevent screwing with him, it was probably the easiest way to program him.

GAAAAH!! I HAD THIS IDEA MONTHS AGO!! Why didn't I pursue it whyyyyy?!?!
You still can, I don't plan on going anywhere with this.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
awww really my mario's have perfect csp's and everything and i was gonna make room well maybe Roo525 will do good

Roo525

Smash Ace
You still can, I don't plan on going anywhere with this.
I'm doubtful would get very far actually. Unless I took the liberty of editing EVERY one of mario's animations by his X-axis to 0.0001 to make him flat during all his animations.

I could try It I suppose, If people really want me to.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well that would get rid of 1 slot so paper mario moveset time then lol it sould have a hammer and everything

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
i want to port characters over the ice climbers but i dont know what i have 4 ideas that you can choose and ill make it:
1 :wario/waluigi
2 :bowser/bowser jr
3 :master hand /crazy hand
4 :koopa/hammer bro

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
i want to port characters over the ice climbers but i dont know what i have 4 ideas that you can choose and ill make it:
1 :wario/waluigi
2 :bowser/bowser jr
3 :master hand /crazy hand
4 :koopa/hammer bro
I wasn't aware Nana could be PSA'd easily now. But even though it isn't on there seeing a DKC style Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong combo. Honestly the characters should have been like that in the real game IMO.

libertyernie

Smash Ace

Can someone with a capture card, emulator or something take an in-game pic of this for me?
(Click the picture to download the .brres, which goes in toy/fig)

Piks

Smash Journeyman
worked on him some more!

After this I'll finish Quote and Young Link. (though YL will probably be finished before this)

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
Sweet Geno gets some love finally XD

what about Mallow ... he needs an amazing vertex as well!

piks your doing a fine job my friend keep up the good work!

can't wait till he's done!

Top Bottom