• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl working near-perfectly in Dolphin

bobson

Smash Lord
The two Youtube videos, some high res pictures, and the Dolphin main page confirmation.

I'm assuming you already know what Dolphin is; if you don't, head to that last link there. The code hasn't been released just yet, as it breaks a few games and they're going to attempt to fix that before releasing it, but the release is imminent.

I'm posting this here because this will be a great help to those of us who are actually modifying the disc directly; testing modifications will be a matter of just loading up the ISO instead of wasting time and resources burning discs every time.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Does the Dolphin have some sort of Networking capability? If so, that would be a LOT better than the typical Wii service, and we could play Brawl+.

bobson

Smash Lord
Does the Dolphin have some sort of Networking capability? If so, that would be a LOT better than the typical Wii service, and we could play Brawl+.
Not currently. It's accepted as an issue and will be worked on sometime in the future, but right now it's a low-priority addition.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Once the emulation is cleaned up a bit, online computer play would be amazing. I mean, I currently play Smash64 with a 360 controller, I suppose I could get used to Brawl.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Wait. Isn't the dolphin a gamecube emulator? Is the gamecube really capable of playing Brawl (provided a few minor things were changed), or did they have to beef the emulator to make this work?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Wait. Isn't the dolphin a gamecube emulator? Is the gamecube really capable of playing Brawl (provided a few minor things were changed), or did they have to beef the emulator to make this work?
It was modified to also emulate wii games.

Unfortunately, this means nothing to me, as my computer is too old to play games on dolphin. I tried once... was getting 10 fps during gameplay.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm able to run Oblivion, and Assassin's Creed at max settings, so I SHOULD be able to run this pretty well.

We'll see, I suppose.

bobson

Smash Lord
It was modified to also emulate wii games.

Unfortunately, this means nothing to me, as my computer is too old to play games on dolphin. I tried once... was getting 10 fps during gameplay.
When did you try it? The speed has been greatly upgraded since the past.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
If you remember when they were writing Dolphin when it was just for Gamecube, all the games ran at like 10-20 fps but Melee ran at 60fps. The devs pretty love much Smash so you can see a bunch of support (and speed hacks) for Brawl in Dolphin

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I find it amazing that there are virtually no visual bugs, even Smash Melee which runs well on Dophin has a lot of graphics bugs. Can this be for real with it looking to run so perfectly?

I guess I'll have to see the public release to believe it.

jodo

Smash Cadet
Oh. My. Goodness. I cannot wait to try this ASAP. 1080p Brawl here I come! Now I just need a GC controller to PC adapter... and netplay... that will be amazing!

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Yes, but it still lags just like regular brawl and i cant stand that crap. 64 online worked flawlessly so i have hopes that one day this may too.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
This makes me sad, because I can hardly run Melee on my lappy, but it's kinda neat! Now almost everyone can get decent recordings, possibly. Does Dolphin have and SD card support?

Also, isn't emulation discussion kinda against SWF's rules?

Top Bottom