• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Unity Ruleset Version 1.3

Player-1

Smash Legend
The newest version of the Unity Ruleset is that there is now a 7 stage starter list with striking going in a 2-3-1 order with PS1 and Castle Siege added as starters. So what do you think this means for us? If we strike first I can see Lylat and YI being stricken first. The other player (character/player) dependent, would strike FD, SV, and PS1 (IMO, Diddy's best stages). Which means we can now choose BF or CS. I personally like CS in a lot of MUs. I think I'd only strike it first against D3 and Olimar namely. If the other player strikes first then they'll strike SV and FD at worse. We can strike BF, Lylat, and YI. And we'd go to PS1 or CS. But this is just a general outlook on it. I know A LOT of people love SV and don't strike it against Diddy anyway and A LOT of people hate Yoshi's Island and strike it anyway. I personally don't see YI as that bad of a starter for Diddy anyway. I can see Siege being stricken more since most players in the U.S are more conservative or don't know the stage that well and might strike it too. I think most of our games will either be on SV or PS1 though.

Vega4

Smash Ace
I don't get why Brinstar and Rainbow are still legit... USA really loves MK...

Vega4

Smash Ace
Problem is that character wins more than 80% of important tournaments in the country... so unity guys should at least limit a little bit that character...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Yeah, I saw this and realized we'll never play on SV or BF (much less FD) first round again. I'll agree that Castle Siege is probably the way to go if the opponent bans properly, or PS1 if they leave it open.

For character-specific stuff, I'd strike PS1 vs Pikachu every day of the week. I might ban BF against Marth if they leave it open.

Or, Vega, you could just, you know, ban the character. DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A BAN MK THREAD, IM me if you want to talk about it or something

Vega4

Smash Ace
BTW, could you explain me why is PS1 a good stage for Diddy. I think that all the changes in the stage mess with naner game... I like a lot more YI...

PD: Ingulit yeah, they shoul ban him, but they won't, so they should at least limt his options more...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
BTW, could you explain me why is PS1 a good stage for Diddy. I think that all the changes in the stage mess with naner game... I like a lot more YI...
The main transformation is great for us, and we can just run away when the stage transforms if the transformation is that bad for us.

Vega4

Smash Ace
By main transformation you mean the green neutral? I guess u are right, but the bad ones really mess a lot with diddy game, and some characters can take advantage of that a lot...
Why don't you like YI?

Count

Smash Champion
How will we not play on sv or bf? You're guaranteed to start on bf basically lol. Strike yi lylat and cs. You get either bf or ps1. Win win

:phone:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
By main transformation you mean the green neutral? I guess u are right, but the bad ones really mess a lot with diddy game, and some characters can take advantage of that a lot...
Why don't you like YI?
I don't mind YI, but I personally like PS1 more because (A) of PS1's main transformation, and (B) YI's platform gets in the way more than the avoidable PS1 transformations IMO.

Also, I'd strike YI against Olimar or DK if they're smart and leave it open.

EDIT: Count, you don't like CS?

Player-1

Smash Legend
MK doesn't win 80% of the tournaments here I'm pretty sure...also wtf at now starting on SV now? So many people love SV that I guarantee people will still strike to it just because they like it and feel comfortable on it

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
MK doesn't win 80% of the tournaments here I'm pretty sure...also wtf at now starting on SV now? So many people love SV that I guarantee people will still strike to it just because they like it and feel comfortable on it
Personal experience, people see I go Diddy and will ban FD and SV if they can.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 forever.

I always strike LC and CS when I'm first. That usually leaves me with BF or YI, in which case I get to go to BF. I just don't like CS as much for some reason, I think it's the second transform even though it's so good for Diddy and easy to camp out.

T-block

B2B TST
This change is good for Diddy imo. PS1 for CS (and CS isn't even that bad...) should help overall.

If they add any more it'll hurt us though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, I agree. I like CS in a lot of MUs, but I always feel like there's better stages to CP so I usually don't go there. Now that it's a starter I'll be going there a lot more and stuff =)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im still waiting for neutrals to be exclusively sv fd bf...done rest is counterpicks **** guys. i always feel like i never play on sv fd or bf anymore anyway.

Top Bottom