• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Transform Priority

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Is it a different transformation time per port or does the difference only occur when people try to transform at the same time?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Is it a different transformation time per port or does the difference only occur when people try to transform at the same time?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Whoa... this seems... wrong!

Try doing it between Zelda/Sheik and PT (if they affect each other then this stuff is just wrong)

pirkid

Smash Lord
Wow.
What happens if they are within frames of each other?
If this transformation 'lag' occurs when both changes are remotely close to each other (And not only at the same time like the video showed), bad bad bad.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Wow, thats... dumb.

I wonder why the heck they would set it up like that. And I'm a programmer. O_o

That simply doesn't make sense. Guess it won't really make a difference in serious fights though.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
So two players don't get confused who's who when transforming.

The "1P, 2P" etc disappears when transforming, and all the transfromation effects look the same regardless of costume.

sprials

Smash Rookie
I doubt people would get confused, its probably just a coding oversight.

That would be hilarious if somebody's transform got delayed in midair and they fell to their death.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I doubt people would get confused, its probably just a coding oversight.

That would be hilarious if somebody's transform got delayed in midair and they fell to their death.
It can't be a coding oversight, as this would actually have to be programmed to happen.
If they didn't change/add anything, they would transform at the same timings.

squaminator

Smash Ace
how about using it as an edgeguarding option lol

sheik is recovering, wants to transform to lengthen recovery, p1 on the stage transforms at the same time, and p2 falls to death LOL!

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
It can't be a coding oversight, as this would actually have to be programmed to happen.
If they didn't change/add anything, they would transform at the same timings.
It could be a coding "oversight" (actually intentional) if the change requires loading stuff from the disc. I find it weird that it happens with 3 Zeldas though, since you'd think it would only have to load the Sheik stuff once.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Reason enough for me not to main PT or Zelda. XD

So two players don't get confused who's who when transforming.

The "1P, 2P" etc disappears when transforming, and all the transfromation effects look the same regardless of costume.
Still, I'm sure people have an eye on their own characters before and after, not to mention the color differences. Some, though, are too subtle, I admit.

Zek

Smash Ace
Maybe there was some weird bug with simultaneous transformations that they just took a shortcut to fix.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
how about using it as an edgeguarding option lol

sheik is recovering, wants to transform to lengthen recovery, p1 on the stage transforms at the same time, and p2 falls to death LOL!
You don't fall fast enough during transformation for this to be a problem.
Zelda and shiek both have good enough up specials too.

Edge snapping makes this much easier to survive too.

dzlotus

Smash Rookie
It's almost certainly due to memory issues. Consoles have very limited memory to work with, so you need to keep good track of it and be very careful.

There is probably a very specific amount of texture memory allocated to temporary things like items and swapping characters, and multiple transformations at once probably exceeds this limit... so you queue them instead of doing them in parallel.

manosiosis

Smash Rookie
What happens if multiple Zeldas want to transform into Shiek to start the match? does it give some players a head start?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wow, so if two people transform at the same time, one person has a noticeable window to strike the other. Thanks Brawl, though, I find it hard to believe I'll ever see this occur in a REAL match.

Top Bottom