• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournament

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Byron, remember the last time we played? I don't even think you managed to beat me once =P
Learn to CG before I decide to pick up IC and do it myself!!

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Byron, remember the last time we played? I don't even think you managed to beat me once =P
Learn to CG before I decide to pick up IC and do it myself!!
Oh haha. But if I can't CG by the time this tournament starts, I will just use a different character

Awesome! Now, I know we both have to register eachother...after that I have no idea xD
Up till now I've only done basic brawl battle with anyone :p
Its simple. After registering you just either make or join a room and it takes you to the regular brawl screen. If you make the room you can change the rules and allow who you want to join. Then you just pick a stage and play.

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
lol at no spamming, how do you reinforce that, and what is the definition of spamming.

is it only projectiles, or is spamming upsmash spamming?
Don't reapetly use 2 or three moves the entire match that annoys the crap out of me and alot of people. Im not sure about reniforcing it but pretty much if they seem to be doing it then tell them and if more than one person reports it (since it wouldnt be a problem if they only battled 1 person and lost.) Then we'll be strict on them and possibly punish them.

btw are you in plural? and nightwolf14 i can only get you in right now if i get one more eterant and whats your fc?

Icelement

Smash Cadet
My Brawl name is Ice.
My friend code is 4167-4177-2034.

I'm open to play any day of the week.
PT, Marth, Ganondorf or Link.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Cool, I have the last slot. And sorry about the whole FC at left thing. Must have missed that in your post.

Anyways, you say neutral stages only. What stages do you consider neutral?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I think he means stages like lylat cruise, smashville, battlefield, final destination, yoshi's island, pokemon stadium 1, and Halberd.

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
Cool, I have the last slot. And sorry about the whole FC at left thing. Must have missed that in your post.

Anyways, you say neutral stages only. What stages do you consider neutral?
You had the last slot some people could'nt make it so i can take those last people.
Luckily I got that fc display fixed. and about nuetral stages:

All stages acceptable:

Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Lugi's Mansion, Yoshis Island, Halberd, Lylat cruse, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Hanenbow, Pokemon Stadium 1

Please tell me if you have any problems with the list.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
All stages acceptable:

Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Lugi's Mansion, Yoshis Island, Halberd, Lylat cruse, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Hanenbow, Pokemon Stadium 1

Please tell me if you have any problems with the list.
HANENBOW!? No way! No way! No way! No way! No way! No way! No way! No way!
I HATE that stage. It should be removed from the list and my wii's memory!

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Stadium 2 is fine, but Hanenbow should be out. I'd recommend replacing it with Castle Siege.

So are matches best of 3 or just 1 game?

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I think the matches should be best of 3. For finals it should be best of 5.

I like Hannenbow, its a cool stage for my play style...

Pokemon Stadium 2 definately needs to be out, air part and moving platform part kills everyone's game. I don't really like Castle Siege either. Also, Luigi's Mansion is complete and total fail in my opinion.

Also, how are things going with brackets/rosters?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I think the matches should be best of 3. For finals it should be best of 5.

I like Hannenbow, its a cool stage for my play style...

Pokemon Stadium 2 definately needs to be out, air part and moving platform part kills everyone's game. I don't really like Castle Siege either. Also, Luigi's Mansion is complete and total fail in my opinion.

Also, how are things going with brackets/rosters?
I agree with everything except the first part. In all seriousness zero even if hanenbow is good for your playstyle, it isn't good for 1v1s in general. It is just too easy to die (I always think you can swim in the water) and there is not enough strait, flat space.

Hanenbow, pokemon stadium 2 and Luigi's Mansion should be removed from the list then. And there should be best of 3 with best of 5 for the finals.

All in favor type I!

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Don't you mean 'Aye'?

And at any rate, there is nothing wrong with Pokemon Stadium 2, Luigi's Mansion, or Castle Siege. They are perfectly good stages that have no chance of ever being banned in competitive play, and all three have decent arguments for being neutral stages. Hell, I'd suggest expanding the list to include Pictochat, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, and Frigate Orpheon. They may not be wholly neutral, but they're certainly not getting a ban.

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
ok best of 3 for the first but wit 2 stock we'll hold a vote on which stages should be out before the tourney at the chatroom. Also castle seige the stage could kill you with the cannons that are fired so that isn't to fair but if you all insist.....

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Don't you mean 'Aye'?

And at any rate, there is nothing wrong with Pokemon Stadium 2, Luigi's Mansion, or Castle Siege. They are perfectly good stages that have no chance of ever being banned in competitive play, and all three have decent arguments for being neutral stages. Hell, I'd suggest expanding the list to include Pictochat, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, and Frigate Orpheon. They may not be wholly neutral, but they're certainly not getting a ban.
Ok aye then. I'm fine with pictochat and frigate orpheon but not the others. I don't like the movement of rainbow cruise or brinstar's lava flow. Luigi's mansion also has those support beams that hold up the mansion that can block different attacks. The different changes pokemon stadium 2 has really annoy me too...

Edit: Its time now isn't it?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Why?

Well its too late now...Only 3 people ended up being there so we went into a round robin...

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Well first of all I'm late and second, I can't go to the chat room because my comp broke... Right now I'm using the wii.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Well anyway we are almost done. You could have come thoug, it took us so long to figure some things out that you would have been on time...

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Well oh well. TShray won this one I am assuming. I never heard the result from him and avalanche

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Then I should have played you in the end...Whatever I'll give it to you

We should probably have another tourney soon. Preferably one with more people

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
Well I was yelling to you in the chat, but got no response then had to quit wi-fi :p

I hope more people can come to the next one, whenever that may be.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
In my defense, I came back after a while and was looking for you. You were still on but not answering. I had to go to dinner...Oh well.

Top Bottom