• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournament On Saturdays in Brooklyn, New York

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
Welcoming anyone who is interested that lives in the NYC area and that doesn't mind traveling and such.
The Store hosting is VC Games located at
5518 5th avenue (between 55th n 56th street)
You could take the R or N to 59th st and walk from there.
Yeah I'm really trying to promote this and the matches are
5stock no items n the fair stages like final.
Tourney Starts at 9pm but be there by 8:30 to sign up it's $5 to enter

I will Repost for more Info and questions.

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
if anyone is interested next week will be a singles tourney
we're trying to find people who are interested
so yeah PM me or reply

Kitt

Smash Cadet
I am interested and a couple of my friends. What are the prizes? Is this every Saturday? And 9PM it's starting?? What time does this place close? Also I think it should be 3 Stock, 5 is a bit long nowadays don't you think? And what is "fair" stages?

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
k prize is store credit n it increases with the more people that go
rules could be voted for
fair stages is basically the ones related to final
but most of the time its only final
its every saturday starting at 8 now for sign up and practice place closes after the tourney is about done
this sat is 1v1
next sat is 2v2

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
yeah like every saturday for the rest of your lives........O_O

any of u other humans interested?

this sat is 2v2 guys im trying to pull in more ppl for bigger challenges

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
we mix it up with other fair stages but most of the time we use final but still u could submit and idea for a level and everyone will vote

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
any remote style is fine you could even bring ur own GC or Wiimote as for the amount of ppl the least that came before was like 10 and like the most 20

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
lol who me? i was metaknight but not the one wearing a hat this sat is doubles so if u come again come with a team or something

delz

Smash Rookie
are these tournaments still going on? i plan to attend one next saturday

thegooch

Smash Rookie
wait is this in bk or just da city cuz im def down to come if its just in da city but not goin all da way to bk

izdabombz

Smash Ace
think you can make a set times of 1v1 and 2v2? and thanks for hosting on in NYC, its so busy here most people cant go far or miss a single event. so its every weekend from when to when?

izdabombz

Smash Ace
oh yea i dont mean to be rude but you should post this on GAMEFAQS.COM every few days too, im sure you'll have tons of people also. I hope to be there next week or so.

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
yeah there's been changes n **** n now its starting earlier n such
this sat is 1vs1
next is 2v2
it alternates weekly
but now the doubles will be using friendly fire

Nyrik_Amaru

Smash Rookie
Sometimes they play on smashville at night....you know what that means right? Hahaha yep amazing music to jam too. I've attended once and had a blast and it's extremely fair, you may use whatever remote is suitable for your personal style.

izdabombz

Smash Ace
hmmm, i guess i have to come in the next 2 weeks cause next week is 2v2. Anyway did you post on gamefaqs? and what time will it start now. Thanks for answering

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
Mista man here: uhh 5stocks cuz they dont do best 2 of 3 n yeah they use the neutral stages like FD, BF, LC,SM,and Delfino or the new yoshi one prizes depend on how many ppl go and its store credit so like more ppl the bigger the prize

-__-

Smash Ace
good turn out had lotsa fun...sucks i had to play 3 of my friends tho :-\ srry guyz lol

NéNé

Smash Rookie
yo necro, would you post a complete ruleset for your tourneys since it seems they differ from standard 3 stock, best of 3, counterpick stages, neutrals etc.

Also why so late, if you start a tournament at 9pm it will almost certainly go for 4-6 ours and for those of us who leave near the city but not in it, it makes it hard to get to and get home from. Id appreciate it if you would post all pertinent info such as prizes, estimated attendence, 1v1, 2v2 etc.

Necro Dream

Smash Cadet
I'm interested. Will you be hosting anymore tournaments soon? I know I missed it already.
It's every saturday. im not the host

So these still go on. Do you ever do SSBM tournements?
Melee is on thursday at the same spot at 7:30 to sign up n i think it starts at 8

yo necro, would you post a complete ruleset for your tourneys since it seems they differ from standard 3 stock, best of 3, counterpick stages, neutrals etc.

Also why so late, if you start a tournament at 9pm it will almost certainly go for 4-6 ours and for those of us who leave near the city but not in it, it makes it hard to get to and get home from. Id appreciate it if you would post all pertinent info such as prizes, estimated attendence, 1v1, 2v2 etc.
Rules are 5 stock best of 1 [-_-](honestly 2 of 3 is better)
stage is random outta the neutrals
uh pick one char u stay with him all the way through
n im not the one who hosts so i can't really make any demands for different times n watever
this sat is 2v2 n as for rules at this moment i dunno if the rules were changed

Top Bottom