• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
I wasn't playing smash very seriously when Melee came out so I am not sure exactly how long it took for the first Melee tier list to be made. But how long should we be expecting to wait before the new tier list is created for Brawl after it's release?

Myztek

Smash Ace
It won't be too long before a pretty general one is out. However, for an accurate one, it'll probably be over a year or the course of a few years.

I don't know when Melee's first list came out.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Seriously. They need to hurry up with that thing so we all know who to play as. I'm gonna be freakin' lost when I get to the character selection screen for the first time...

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I think Link deserves to do well this time round.

Him being in the Mid Tier list for Melee wasn't too fair on him, mean comon - Ocarina of Time, the god of Adventures games, an he's only mediocre in Melee? Whilst a **** bird that can't even fly is at the top? (Falco)

Not fair man. Not fair.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It will be a good two years before an accurate one is released. I mean, there's been eight tier lists for melee, and the current one wasnt made till july of last year.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
create your own tactics with a character, become great yourself and carry over the mindgames from melee, IMO

^_^ when brawl comes out, the current great melee players will be pretty much creating the tier list from performances of creativity. unless of course, YOU surpass them.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
^_^ when brawl comes out, the current great melee players will be pretty much creating the tier list from performances of creativity. unless of course, YOU surpass them.
hahaha, which you won't. Sorry but I doubt our humble little community could rival the skills of Isai or Ken among other smash gods who will inevitably play this game aswell (unless it sucks, but double fingers crossed that brawl will be a success)

The pros will make the tier list, not us. like the poster above me just said, the first tier list will most likely come out after a major tournament involving the great players from super smash bros melee.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
obviously there will be a new tier list created when brawl comes out fairly quickly... but then it will be refined probably like 5 or 6 times before the end of brawls tenure.. it just takes a while sometime before the smash community as a whole can totally exploit characters that are broken and rigged like falco or fox:)...

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
It will be a good two years before an accurate one is released. I mean, there's been eight tier lists for melee, and the current one wasnt made till july of last year.
Hey you idoit... it will only take one tournament for a tier list to be established, as a tier in SSB games are a measurement of the strongest characters at the time. Therefore, at the time of that first tournament the rankings as follows the tournament will be an accurate tier list in theory.

maybe in you idoit languae: how ever wins is the best .. go top tier:laugh:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Am I the only one hoping that tiers won't be as prevalent as they were in Melee?

...or is that the kind of silly idealism which should be laughed at?

Zodiac

Smash Master
I think Link deserves to do well this time round.

Him being in the Mid Tier list for Melee wasn't too fair on him, mean comon - Ocarina of Time, the god of Adventures games, an he's only mediocre in Melee? Whilst a **** bird that can't even fly is at the top? (Falco)

Not fair man. Not fair.

I agree, they didnt make him great in either 64 or melee, they made him adaptable. which just isnt good enough. Top teir for Link in brawl!

Tera253

Smash Ace
No, they should put Link in the bottome Tier where he belongs. Falco>Link, and, since Fox and Falco are clones, in SSB64 Fox>Link. how bouts Pikachu, Ness and Kirby regaining their old posistions? Lnik has no right to complain.
Kirby: 2 to 24
Ness: 3 to 22
Pikachu: 1 to 18, whilst
Fox: 4 to 1. (that's the tier list)
as far as Brawl characters are concerned, here's Tera's PREDICTIONS (not opinions or facts, PREDICTIONS)

Wario-Low
Pit-Top
Meta-Knight-Top
ZSS-High
Snake-Middle

if it was biased, it would be:
all-Top.

back to Melee characters (assuming all 26 return) here's the hopes/opinions
Fox: same-ish
Falco: same-ish
Shiek: same-ish
Marth: same
Peach: lower
C. Falcon: same
Samus: same
IC's: same
Doc: higher
Jigglypuff: higher
Mario: slightly lower
Ganondorf: lower
Link: lower
Luigi: same-ish
DK: same-ish
Roy: slightly higher
Young Link: Lower*
Pikachu: much higher
Yoshi: same
Zelda: higher
G&W: much higher
Ness: same-ish**
Bowser: same
Kirby: much higher
Pichu: slightly higher
Mewtwo: higher

*those without a decent KO move can't cut it
** don't really care
~Tera253~

Hey you idoit... it will only take one tournament for a tier list to be established, as a tier in SSB games are a measurement of the strongest characters at the time. Therefore, at the time of that first tournament the rankings as follows the tournament will be an accurate tier list in theory.

maybe in you idoit languae: how ever wins is the best .. go top tier:laugh:

If you had half a brain moron,you would relize that the tier list doesn't reflect on general play with characters,nor does it list their strengths(Even though in conjuncture with certain advantages with characters,and also explinations of why X character has an advantage).The tier list reflects the characters that are won with the most in the tourament community.

Your theoretical proposal of a tier list is invalid,and one tournament cannot reflect an entire season of Smash Bros tournaments.More data must be collected to make a tier list that reflects a massive number of tournaments,otherwise,they would have to make a tier list every day.

Oh,on a side note,perhaps you don't need to use giant text in order to garner attention from others.It contradicts your intelligence by attempting to seek attention like a child.

It makes you wonder who the real idiot is,doesn't it?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh,on a side note,perhaps you don't need to use giant text in order to garner attention from others.It contradicts your intelligence by attempting to seek attention like a child.

It makes you wonder who the real idiot is,doesn't it?
I'm glad you aren't rubbing in how he spelt idiot and language wrong, and used how instead of who.

pirkid

Smash Lord
No, they should put Link in the bottome Tier where he belongs. Falco>Link, and, since Fox and Falco are clones, in SSB64 Fox>Link. how bouts Pikachu, Ness and Kirby regaining their old posistions? Lnik has no right to complain.
Kirby: 2 to 24
Ness: 3 to 22
Pikachu: 1 to 18, whilst
Fox: 4 to 1. (that's the tier list)
as far as Brawl characters are concerned, here's Tera's PREDICTIONS (not opinions or facts, PREDICTIONS)

Wario-Low
Pit-Top
Meta-Knight-Top
ZSS-High
Snake-Middle

if it was biased, it would be:

all-Top.

** don't really care
~Tera253~

You officially rock.

That's an excellent temoprary list.

For a second, before I read the starter post, I though he made a tier list already...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

** don't really care
~Tera253~
So what your saying is:

- They won't nerf the Top Tiers except for Peach.
- You asume that Link will yet again be the suckiest character ever.
- They keep Doc?!? And even make him better... >.< lol? I don't see any of those two things happen any time soon.
- They don't remove characters... Which is confirmed.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
To some of you saying that we could not make the next tier list, it is up to the pros, rememeber this...

+ The pros are just normal people who spent a lot of time practicing and analyzing them-selves and others

+ Some of the pros are not continueing from SSBM, I think at least a few of them, I know ken is not, because they have gotten so good and they dont want to be returned to nuubins state...

hit0

Smash Journeyman
To some of you saying that we could not make the next tier list, it is up to the pros, rememeber this...

+ The pros are just normal people who spent a lot of time practicing and analyzing them-selves and others

+ Some of the pros are not continueing from SSBM, I think at least a few of them, I know ken is not, because they have gotten so good and they dont want to be returned to nuubins state...
Really? Maybe they're just to old to play...however, the average gamer is 32...sooo.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Alright heres my tier list

Top tier
Link(His ftilt is faster now...)
Zamus

High tier
Sheik
Samus
Pit
snake
Captain Falcon

Mid tier
Ness
Mario
Kirby
MetaKnight
Luigi
Dk
Zelda

Low tier
Peach
Falco
Marth
roy
Ice climbers
jigglypuff

bottom tier
Bowser
Mewto
Fox

There you have it,

FlareBlade

BRoomer
BRoomer
It feels pretty good that you could start ovet from the beginning this time (and not 3 years after all the other players <__<)

I think that they have learned by their mistakes (not mistakes but...) with the Marth Sheik stuff so i think that they're going to make the chars more likely equal applying the different techniques of the chars.

But I hope that no char would be to good so the rest of the chars would not have a single chance to win.
That's my opinion

Sensai

Smash Master
'I hope Metaknight's top tier so I can use him!'

Play who you want. Tiers are based on how many tournies are won by said character (mostly), meaning the more popular a character, the higher tier he is.

/flame shield

Superstar

Smash Champion
I actually don't really care that much about tier lists. Its possible for a good character to be low tier, since tier lists seem to be dependant on popularity as well as win results. If no one plays the character, the character will never have a chance to win, so they are low tier.

I wish to play characters that compliment my place style, not because they are high tier. If they ARE high tier, then better for me. :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well what it really comes down to is how crawling will change the game and of course if all of are favorite "advance techniques" will still be in SSBB.

My guess is that st first they will keep them the same and that the new characters added won’t be over powering because the developers will be able to test them thoroughly about are "advance techniques"

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Surely one can just play as his main from Melee and other characters. Surely we shouldn't focus on tiers when Brawl is released. Right? RIGHT?!

*Is rapidly stabbed to death by Smashers*

hit0

Smash Journeyman
Surely one can just play as his main from Melee and other characters. Surely we shouldn't focus on tiers when Brawl is released. Right? RIGHT?!

*Is rapidly stabbed to death by Smashers*
Im pretty sure this was a retoric question, haha.

I know, that if you're a smasher who is serious enough to participate in competitive play, than knowing and maining various characters including top tiers is a MUST, this coming from someone who loves to main Link.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
So you think Peach will be toned down? I never thought she was over-powered... I'd absolutely hate that; Kirby was my best SSB character and was severely toned-down in Melee, now that Peach is my main SSBM character, I don't want her to be nerfed -_-

hit0

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, no idea. I do know that Sakurai wants more girls in SSBM, and Peach is probably one of the main contenders for top female against Samus and maybe Sheik...sooo, yeah it's just a matter of waiting for the game to come out.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has said absolutely nothing about wanting more female characters. Quit spreading false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom