• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: This **** just got real

Gerbil

Smash Champion
WARNING: BIG *** THREAD!!!

Hey guys. GA_Wes (The most American man EVER) and I were on AIM and he told me tons of crap about his experiences playing Brawl. Since it's a ton of information, I decided to copy/paste the convo (edited to make it shorter of course lol).

Proof that Brawl will be good first:

Azen Zagenite: yea i have brawl
Cross the Walls: what do you think?
Azen Zagenite: i like it a lot
Cross the Walls (6:53:31 PM): Azen Zagenite: i'm glad its completely different than melee
Azen Zagenite: like a fresh new beginning
Azen Zagenite: lollz
Cross the Walls (6:53:34 PM): ^proof game is good

*INSERT BADASS WES EDIT*

To those viewing this for the first time. This thread is based upon a conversation i had with Josh (gerbil) after playing brawl for the first time. I am not claiming to know very much, but i am simply stating what i do know, this thread will be updated as my opinions on things will likely change with new knowledge. I am cross the walls in the conversation, Our Savior Marth on the boards, and GAwes in the smash community.

Ok, while we will still leave the conversation via aim in its entirety, i do have some spare time before i go back to class today to summarize a bit of whats been discussed, if you are really pumped about the game i suggest you read the below convo, but if you have ***** eyes, i wouldn't bother, you'll only end up spamming our thread with your girly complaints.

First: even as a precursor to the aforementioned summary below, i'd like to state something on “depth” that no one else seems to be touching.

Everyone is saying the game lacks depth, but what are they really trying to convey? You'll find simply that they mean it appears as if various plastic buttons perform seemingly less “techniques” than in the previous smash brothers game. Even if we throw logic out the window, and assume that people can already judge the amount of “techniques” that will be discovered (and have been in the past 8 days, because thats how long the game has been out lol) then we still need to examine the logic behind their view. Does the game lack depth simply because elements have been chosen to not recur? I will use one example, and it will pretty much just **** on any statement these people have made. Chess. You can't l-cancel in that either. Morons.

Second: This is not Melee.

“This is a WHOLE NEW GAME. Change your mindset, don't use Melee physics, combos, nothing. Take Brawl as Melee was for you as if you had never played it before.” - clowsui

^basically, he's right. Imagine this, i know few of you have been in the community long enough, but if you have, this will make sense. When you picked up melee, if you tried to play it exactly like 64, what would you think about it?

-Brawl is still very fast, people who are complaining are just moving incorrectly. I am not saying that i know the “correct” way to control a character as i am very much a noob myself in this game, as is everyone, i am just saying i am open minded into seeing that movement will become quite fluid as is already apparent in some people's playstyles.

3. Aerial game is intrinsically complex. There seems to be more setups developing, or at least different ones from melee, which prove very exciting. It seems that with the loftiness of characters you can now perform a wide variety of air > ground setups.

“Your objective is 'assassination through interception'.” -clowsui

Cross the Walls (6:19:22 PM): basically
Cross the Walls (6:19:24 PM): the point of the game
Cross the Walls (6:19:43 PM): besides the obvious of hitting them so hard that they die from the direct hits
Cross the Walls (6:19:50 PM): is hitting people while they are coming back
GerbilMortar (6:19:55 PM): air interception
Cross the Walls (6:20:03 PM): think like dragon ball z
Cross the Walls (6:20:08 PM): like, because you are both so floaty
Cross the Walls (6:20:10 PM): and can make it back
Cross the Walls (6:20:14 PM): you hit someone off
Cross the Walls (6:20:18 PM): then go make sure they cant get back
Cross the Walls (6:20:24 PM): but its wayyyyy deeper than melee

^ in referencing melee, i am referring to the actually quite simple edgegaurding tactics that have developed, think marth: you can stand on the edge, and forward smash, and even pros would be killed by it about half the time if your timing isnt complete balls.

4. Controller modding is a lot more useful in brawl in my opinion. Some people are saying “why not just get used to pressing it in all the way” but my response to that is, why? The button simply takes too long and for anyone who is accustomed to the sensitiveness of melee triggers will find modding their controllers a good choice. On the other hand, along the lines of sensitiveness i have heard people saying that the controls seem sloppy and that they often find it even difficult to fall through platforms without pressing the control stick very far. Dont worry, thats all bull**** and isnt true at all.

5. “Character style is intensely unique now; the way you play one character =/= another. Essentially, no character is a clone now. Their moves may be based off another's, but the playstyle is 100% different. Thus, character depth is multiplied tenfold.” - clowsui

^that really is a great summary, and i think this is the most important aspect of this thread. Character style is ridiculously important and between Kone and I we can already see that matchups will be a much different thing than in melee.

“Cross the Walls (6:29:55 PM): they've put soooo much effort into making the characters deep
Cross the Walls (6:30:00 PM): so therefore there is no reason for that (fast, widespread, general tech skill)
Cross the Walls (6:30:08 PM): and seeing as how most of the characters look playable
Cross the Walls (6:30:57 PM): you have to know how to fight them
Cross the Walls (6:30:58 PM): its not like
Cross the Walls (6:30:59 PM): ok
Cross the Walls (6:31:01 PM): example
Cross the Walls (6:31:15 PM): id say the 4 biggest characters
Cross the Walls (6:31:19 PM): that fight everyone the same in melee
Cross the Walls (6:31:24 PM): are sheik marth fox falco
Cross the Walls (6:31:28 PM): thats why they are top tier
GerbilMortar (6:31:34 PM): cause it's always the same thing
Cross the Walls (6:31:35 PM): their adaptations are limited for each character
GerbilMortar (6:31:38 PM): or generally anyways
Cross the Walls (6:31:40 PM): right, marths literally
Cross the Walls (6:31:45 PM): do the same thing
Cross the Walls (6:31:45 PM): to everyone
Cross the Walls (6:31:48 PM): that wont happen in this game
Cross the Walls (6:31:58 PM): there will be specific fights for each character “

5a. “This uniqueness creates a much more diverse tourney scene and also buffs up the necessarily knowledge to win. You must know ALL your opponents, not just a handful, to win.” - clowsui

5b. Even with the characters from melee, when you play the game, try to learn simple combos and the hit boxes/directions of your characters, everyone is very obsessed right now with the discovery of new “advanced tactics” just so they can get their name on something that may or may not be useful. But let me tell you something guys, i dont remember **** about the people that named advance tactics from melee, i know a few who did, but still, what sticks in my head is people like Tetsuya, 742, Recipherus, Azen, Anden, Pretty much all of D.A. (imo mainly wes, mike g., dave, kubuu, steve w. [not da i think? Too long ago lol] hellfox) and of course AOB and his famous tutorials with items on. Sorry, got on a memory trip there, anyway, these people were gods of their time because they actually sat down and said “how do i win with this character” not what buttons to i press to glitch the game. Not that these things aren't important, i just see them as subsidiary to the main goal of winning with a character FOR NOW. This will change once everyone is comfortable with how characters should be played of course.

6. DI is still important. Durrr.

--CHARACTER SPECIFIC--

I think i will leave this section, though i will give it a short introduction. Even though i have said before that i feel characters are the most important aspect of high level gameplay in this game. I do not expect to discover everything for every character. In fact i wont even try. What I will do however is play characters i feel i have a natural tenancy to be good with, and write about my experiences with them. These are not guides, i may stick with luigi for a while, and i will probably post a guide to basic uigi tactics soon after i feel i am at least comfortable with him. But for all the other characters (bar a few i may play more of in the upcoming weeks) i would expect that other people should be doing the same thing and writing down what they feel is necessarily important to that characters tactics and gameplay. On that note, i will not be taking request to figure things out for certain characters, please dont ask me, i dont feel like it. Except for Datman.

Ok most of this is obvious in videos, so a lot of it is restatement, just scan through for what isn't as im trying not to be repetitive, and please remember, not everyone has read every brawl thread so this info may be new to some, but recurring facts are bound to be published. Some of this is also taken directly from clowsui as there is no need for restatement and because of the simplicity of the structure quoting would be pointless.

Luigi <3

1. Tornado is amazing, and this is really just an example of how much the game has changed.
1a. Possesses a large variety of combos due to the versatile nature of the tornado
1b. Tornado is great for recovery.
1c. on the note of the tornado i'll just copy paste the relevant issue in the conversation

Cross the Walls (6:45:19 PM): it should be noted
Cross the Walls (6:45:22 PM): that unlike melee
Cross the Walls (6:45:28 PM): you can start rising in it AT ANY POINT
Cross the Walls (6:45:36 PM): which is sooooooooooo unique
Cross the Walls (6:45:43 PM): so, take this for example
Cross the Walls (6:45:47 PM): so ed is ivy saur
GerbilMortar (6:45:53 PM): k
Cross the Walls (6:46:02 PM): and i start my tornado and move it at him from across the stage
Cross the Walls (6:46:04 PM): i get to him
Cross the Walls (6:46:06 PM): he shields
Cross the Walls (6:46:11 PM): i think start tapping b
Cross the Walls (6:46:17 PM): and even though i'm at the very end of my tornado
Cross the Walls (6:46:24 PM): i can move up through his shield
Cross the Walls (6:46:26 PM): and hit him
Cross the Walls (6:46:30 PM): if i dont hit him
Cross the Walls (6:46:35 PM): i can move behind his shield
Cross the Walls (6:46:51 PM): after the last hit (which is a pretty solid knock) im behind him and dont have much lag
GerbilMortar (6:47:05 PM): O.O
GerbilMortar (6:47:07 PM): wut
Cross the Walls (6:47:16 PM): you could even go across levels hit people with the tornado, then use it to propel up onto playforms loool
Cross the Walls (6:47:33 PM): the other use
Cross the Walls (6:47:39 PM): that ive found so far
Cross the Walls (6:47:45 PM): is like, if a character is coming back
Cross the Walls (6:47:50 PM): since wding is gone
Cross the Walls (6:47:58 PM): i'll use it to go all the way across the stage
Cross the Walls (6:48:03 PM): off the level
Cross the Walls (6:48:12 PM): and fall down to hit someone

Cross the Walls (6:48:17 PM): this puts me in the position
Cross the Walls (6:48:21 PM): that im already facing the level
Cross the Walls (6:48:27 PM): as i've done the tornado backwards
Cross the Walls (6:48:34 PM): and i still have my jump and up b
GerbilMortar (6:49:00 PM): wow wtf
GerbilMortar (6:49:06 PM): so...
GerbilMortar (6:49:16 PM): could you tornado, fall off, rapid tornado up, then jump to upB?
GerbilMortar (6:49:26 PM): so inessence, yuo can rise back towards the stage simultaneously hitting the enemy
GerbilMortar (6:49:47 PM): know what I mean?
Cross the Walls (6:49:48 PM): yes
Cross the Walls (6:49:50 PM): exactly

2. Luigi has great combo potential in general and by far the coolest taunt ever haha.

Falco
1. LHDL exists, this is really easy if you run off the stage and jump back on with turn around lasers. Throwing the shine is really weird haha, but i might have some viable uses.

Diddy
1. Bananas = awesome
2. Combo king

Olimar
1. Extremely overlooked. His depth is obviously immense and will likely become a specialty character that we only got a glimpse of in melee such as icies and peach.
2. Pikmin gimping and Pikmin usage is incredibly useful
3. Pikmin Pluck is fast, and can also be done during the loading of the intro animation (i'm pretty sure) will check today.

Wario
1. Weird movement. Very unique, not in a bad way at all. Much better than i thought, the fart, when charged, is a ridiculous combo ender, brings me back to street fighter games, well, not the actual farting lol

P. Trainer
1. Three unique characters. This is important, this is not a shared use of 3 characters, this is 3 different characters. This is MVC2 lool,well sorta, it appears that playing all 3 in one match or even in one life isn't necessary, at least not right now, if we figure out that we're wrong, i'll change this, but as for now, it seems as if the gameplay even in our skill range is enough so that you will die before the “stamina” thing becomes really obvious, it will take more of an eye for brawl to know for sure though, and i'll be sure to update when there are facts.

Peach
1. Got faster
2. Turnips stick into ground sometimes and can be picked up by other characters
3. Usmash is ****
4. Float Cancelling is extremely FAST, so fast that you can actually cancel the float cancel and basically wavedash, its nuts, you'll just have to see it. Seems there is a lot of nuts **** floatin around the brawl page about peach.

Zelda/Sheik/ZSS (ZSS is mentioned in 5)
1. Zelda has nicer smashes (can still be di's, but muchhh better than melee, trust me, i was a pretty good zelda for a while)
2. Sheik's UpB has large "edgegrab" range
3. Everything still leads to fair, fair can lead to like, 3 more fairs if you follow correctly haha
4. Bair and Fair (Zelda) has massive freezeframes
5. Selecting Shiek is now a matter of holding down the button between the character select screen and the stage select screen, not while the stage is loading.

ZSS
1. She's hella fast with a huge range lol.
2. Suit pieces have large knockback + damage

Lucas
1. Low percent killer

Pit
1. Aiming arrows is really important as you can fire an arrow to force someone to move wherever you want them to go then following with an attack.

Thanks to clowsui for helping with a summarization and to everyone posting positive comments. Thanks to anyone that actually read this. And thanks to everyone who keeps their faith in brawl despite the growing animosity of some. See you soon.

^_^GAwes

ORIGINAL CONVERSATION:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cross the Walls (6:08:24 PM): im playing brawl!
GerbilMortar (6:08:29 PM): wut
GerbilMortar (6:08:32 PM): ****
GerbilMortar (6:08:57 PM): you're a lucky *******
GerbilMortar (6:09:06 PM): *goes to Tech to play with newbs that pirated brawl*
Cross the Walls (6:09:06 PM): i play luigi!
GerbilMortar (6:09:09 PM): O.o
GerbilMortar (6:09:18 PM): lies
GerbilMortar (6:09:21 PM): o.O
Cross the Walls (6:09:29 PM): nah dood
Cross the Walls (6:09:37 PM): im gonna put out luigi vids this weekend
Cross the Walls (6:09:39 PM): prolly tomorrow
GerbilMortar (6:09:43 PM): ****ing sweet
GerbilMortar (6:09:46 PM): just answer me this though
GerbilMortar (6:09:48 PM): do you like it?
Cross the Walls (6:09:59 PM): its probably better than melee
Cross the Walls (6:10:00 PM): i love it
GerbilMortar (6:10:08 PM): I'm so quoting you on that LOL
GerbilMortar (6:10:25 PM): I know it's early, but could you see it being competitive?
GerbilMortar (6:10:34 PM): even if we had to tweak things?
Cross the Walls (6:10:46 PM): it wont take tweaking
Cross the Walls (6:10:49 PM): people are just pissed
Cross the Walls (6:10:54 PM): because they are trying to play it like melee
GerbilMortar (6:10:55 PM): so you find it good as is?
Cross the Walls (6:10:55 PM): its not melee
GerbilMortar (6:10:59 PM): word XD
Cross the Walls (6:11:01 PM): the objective is not the same
Cross the Walls (6:11:05 PM): you dont kill the same

~~~~~~INSERT SMALL BREAK~~~~~~~~~~~
Cross the Walls (6:11:11 PM): gotta ****
GerbilMortar (6:11:13 PM): LOL
Cross the Walls (6:11:14 PM): then i'll tell you everything i know
GerbilMortar (6:11:18 PM): alright badass
Cross the Walls (6:13:17 PM): ok im back
Cross the Walls (6:13:19 PM): i powershirt
Cross the Walls (6:13:20 PM): *****
GerbilMortar (6:13:26 PM): XDDDDDD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cross the Walls (6:13:39 PM): anyway
Cross the Walls (6:13:40 PM): brawl is insane
Cross the Walls (6:13:48 PM): there is so much no one is touching on
Cross the Walls (6:13:57 PM): everyone is just trying to make it melee 2
GerbilMortar (6:14:11 PM): how is the midair parry system, and also footstool stomping????
GerbilMortar (6:14:21 PM): I have yet to see any vids utilizing all of the new stuff
Cross the Walls (6:14:26 PM): ok
Cross the Walls (6:14:39 PM): midair parry system, we're still trying to figure it out
Cross the Walls (6:14:43 PM): too early to say anything
Cross the Walls (6:14:51 PM): footstool stomping is pointless for now
Cross the Walls (6:14:54 PM): your opponent basically
Cross the Walls (6:14:57 PM): has to be standing still
Cross the Walls (6:15:01 PM): ive done it once
Cross the Walls (6:15:07 PM): and like, all that happened
Cross the Walls (6:15:11 PM): was ed was stunned for a second
Cross the Walls (6:15:19 PM): while i jumped megahigh in the air
Cross the Walls (6:15:22 PM): but like
Cross the Walls (6:15:24 PM): no point
Cross the Walls (6:15:28 PM): cause i was too far away to hit him
Cross the Walls (6:15:35 PM): in fact it kinda gave him the advantage
GerbilMortar (6:16:04 PM): so is it possible in midair?
Cross the Walls (6:16:10 PM): ok
Cross the Walls (6:16:16 PM): to answer that, it gets more complicated
Cross the Walls (6:16:17 PM): you'll find
Cross the Walls (6:16:25 PM): that most characters can easily make it back to the ledge
Cross the Walls (6:16:32 PM): from anything that doesnt kill them directly
Cross the Walls (6:17:06 PM): so
Cross the Walls (6:17:10 PM): that being the case
Cross the Walls (6:17:16 PM): "edgegaurding"
Cross the Walls (6:17:19 PM): is kinda pointless for now
Cross the Walls (6:17:22 PM): you wont hit them
Cross the Walls (6:17:25 PM): the autosweetspot
Cross the Walls (6:17:31 PM): combined with characters jumps and glides
Cross the Walls (6:17:34 PM): make it stupid
Cross the Walls (6:17:39 PM): so either
Cross the Walls (6:17:44 PM): you kill them off the tops
Cross the Walls (6:17:53 PM): and this is where it gets cool
Cross the Walls (6:17:56 PM): a lot of combos in the air
Cross the Walls (6:18:02 PM): can lead to moves that send upward on the ground
Cross the Walls (6:18:05 PM): if that makes sense
GerbilMortar (6:18:17 PM): things like usmashes or utlits on the ground?
Cross the Walls (6:18:24 PM): well like
Cross the Walls (6:18:29 PM): ive been playing primarily with luigi
Cross the Walls (6:18:30 PM): oh and btw
Cross the Walls (6:18:36 PM): anyone who says there arent combos
Cross the Walls (6:18:38 PM): is dumb
Cross the Walls (6:18:46 PM): they're simply trying to press buttons too fast
Cross the Walls (6:18:51 PM): so with luigi
Cross the Walls (6:18:54 PM): you can downthrow
Cross the Walls (6:18:55 PM): up tilt
Cross the Walls (6:18:58 PM): up air
Cross the Walls (6:18:59 PM): up air
Cross the Walls (6:19:03 PM): run, up smash
GerbilMortar (6:19:09 PM): o.o
Cross the Walls (6:19:19 PM): oh
Cross the Walls (6:19:21 PM): so
Cross the Walls (6:19:22 PM): basically
Cross the Walls (6:19:24 PM): the point of the game
Cross the Walls (6:19:43 PM): besides the obvious of hitting them so hard that they die from the direct hits
Cross the Walls (6:19:50 PM): is hitting people while they are coming back
GerbilMortar (6:19:55 PM): air interception
Cross the Walls (6:20:03 PM): think like dragon ball z
Cross the Walls (6:20:08 PM): like, because you are both so floaty
Cross the Walls (6:20:10 PM): and can make it back
Cross the Walls (6:20:14 PM): you hit someone off
Cross the Walls (6:20:18 PM): then go make sure they cant get back
Cross the Walls (6:20:24 PM): but its wayyyyy deeper than melee
GerbilMortar (6:20:26 PM): yesh, *so called it*
Cross the Walls (6:20:35 PM): where you stand on the ledge
Cross the Walls (6:20:41 PM): and f-smash with marth
Cross the Walls (6:20:44 PM): and thats a ledgegaurd
Cross the Walls (6:20:50 PM): now your *** has to work for you kills
GerbilMortar (6:20:54 PM): LMAO
Cross the Walls (6:20:56 PM): and you can like, do combos as you go down
GerbilMortar (6:21:03 PM): man
Cross the Walls (6:21:08 PM): plus
Cross the Walls (6:21:12 PM): oh
Cross the Walls (6:21:16 PM): modding your controller is a must
GerbilMortar (6:21:20 PM): ?
Cross the Walls (6:21:20 PM): we'll be doing ours by next week
Cross the Walls (6:21:31 PM): you're going to have to take out the spring so you can shield just by tapping
GerbilMortar (6:21:31 PM): modding in what way?
GerbilMortar (6:21:35 PM): ahhhh
Cross the Walls (6:21:37 PM): the game doesnt register the R trigger
Cross the Walls (6:21:43 PM): until it is literally alllll the way down
GerbilMortar (6:21:49 PM): you have to press all the way down for a shield
Cross the Walls (6:21:49 PM): farther than you've ever pressed it lol
Cross the Walls (6:21:59 PM): yeah, but once that is done, that will be fine
Cross the Walls (6:22:23 PM): some people were saying the game felt clicky and unorganized
Cross the Walls (6:22:25 PM): like
Cross the Walls (6:22:36 PM): "you have to press down all the way to fall through a platform"
Cross the Walls (6:22:45 PM): thats bull****, its just as sensitive
Cross the Walls (6:22:48 PM): the only thing
Cross the Walls (6:22:51 PM): thats different
Cross the Walls (6:23:07 PM): is you can fall backwards or down from the ledge until about half of your invincibilty is gone from landing on it
Cross the Walls (6:23:15 PM): and that seemingly depends on the character
Cross the Walls (6:23:24 PM): but i'll need more time with the game to figure it out
GerbilMortar (6:23:44 PM): see
GerbilMortar (6:23:56 PM): I tried to explain the air guarding style to people
GerbilMortar (6:24:02 PM): and it basically got tossed lol
Cross the Walls (6:25:18 PM): the amount of ignorance i see on the boards is rediculous
Cross the Walls (6:25:23 PM): what i really dont understand
Cross the Walls (6:25:25 PM): is people going
Cross the Walls (6:25:28 PM): "this game is ****"
Cross the Walls (6:25:31 PM): when they haven't played it?
Cross the Walls (6:25:38 PM): or "look how slow it is"
Cross the Walls (6:25:45 PM): when its the 7th day the game has been playable
Cross the Walls (6:25:49 PM): i'll tell you something
Cross the Walls (6:25:52 PM): peach is faster in this game
Cross the Walls (6:25:57 PM): luigi is faster in this game
Cross the Walls (6:26:05 PM): oh, another thing
Cross the Walls (6:26:16 PM): they've made small changes to nearly every character
Cross the Walls (6:26:22 PM): that give them a distinct character identity
Cross the Walls (6:26:32 PM): like, characters are wayyy different in this game
Cross the Walls (6:26:35 PM): you know how in like
Cross the Walls (6:26:37 PM): melee
Cross the Walls (6:26:39 PM): if i really wanted to
Cross the Walls (6:26:44 PM): i could play doctor mario
GerbilMortar (6:26:47 PM): right
Cross the Walls (6:26:47 PM): exactly like captain
Cross the Walls (6:26:50 PM): and get away with it?
GerbilMortar (6:27:01 PM): yes, I've seen people do that actually with dif chars
Cross the Walls (6:27:08 PM): yeah, you cant do it in this game
Cross the Walls (6:27:09 PM): not at all
GerbilMortar (6:27:14 PM): *plays Fox and Pichu the same*
GerbilMortar (6:27:21 PM): so every char is unique in play style??
Cross the Walls (6:27:24 PM): very
Cross the Walls (6:27:31 PM): like, a few may be similar
Cross the Walls (6:27:32 PM): but
Cross the Walls (6:27:34 PM): as a whole
GerbilMortar (6:27:37 PM): thus anihilating any *****ing of "clones"
Cross the Walls (6:27:47 PM): its about 20x the difference in melee
Cross the Walls (6:27:52 PM): oh yeah, falco is ****ing weird looool
Cross the Walls (6:28:07 PM): you can still double laser up from the ledge
Cross the Walls (6:28:27 PM): wario is by far the weirdest moving character in either of the games
GerbilMortar (6:28:34 PM): how so?
Cross the Walls (6:28:36 PM): but its not a bad thing
Cross the Walls (6:28:40 PM): i cant really describe it
Cross the Walls (6:28:47 PM): he sort of
Cross the Walls (6:28:52 PM): swings his weight with everything he does
Cross the Walls (6:28:58 PM): he's very like, realistic in a way
Cross the Walls (6:29:15 PM): but really
Cross the Walls (6:29:17 PM): in brawl
Cross the Walls (6:29:25 PM): like i was saying
Cross the Walls (6:29:25 PM): you know how in melee
Cross the Walls (6:29:27 PM): there was **** that people figured out
Cross the Walls (6:29:33 PM): and it applied to all the characters
GerbilMortar (6:29:36 PM): right
Cross the Walls (6:29:42 PM): i.e. l cancelling, wavedashing
Cross the Walls (6:29:43 PM): **** like that
Cross the Walls (6:29:46 PM): this game isn't going to be like
Cross the Walls (6:29:55 PM): they've put soooo much effort into making the characters deep
Cross the Walls (6:30:00 PM): so therefore there is no reason for that
Cross the Walls (6:30:08 PM): and seeing as how most of the characters look playable
Cross the Walls (6:30:15 PM): there will be much more diversity in tournaments
GerbilMortar (6:30:25 PM): so then, i.e. we could somewhat say that each character could potentially have their own unique sets of things we can do with them llol
Cross the Walls (6:30:37 PM): you will literally HAVE TO know how to beat an olimar or a dedede or a fox or w/e if you want to beat them
Cross the Walls (6:30:46 PM): yes, exactly
Cross the Walls (6:30:51 PM): and visa versa
Cross the Walls (6:30:51 PM): like i said
Cross the Walls (6:30:57 PM): you have to know how to fight them
Cross the Walls (6:30:58 PM): its not like
Cross the Walls (6:30:59 PM): ok
Cross the Walls (6:31:01 PM): example
Cross the Walls (6:31:15 PM): id say the 4 biggest characters
Cross the Walls (6:31:19 PM): that fight everyone the same in melee
Cross the Walls (6:31:24 PM): are sheik marth fox falco
Cross the Walls (6:31:28 PM): thats why they are top tier
GerbilMortar (6:31:34 PM): cause it's always the same thing
Cross the Walls (6:31:35 PM): their adaptations are limited for each character
GerbilMortar (6:31:38 PM): or generally anyways
Cross the Walls (6:31:40 PM): right, marths literally
Cross the Walls (6:31:45 PM): do the same thing
Cross the Walls (6:31:45 PM): to everyone
Cross the Walls (6:31:48 PM): that wont happen in this game
Cross the Walls (6:31:58 PM): there will be specific fights for each character
GerbilMortar (6:32:11 PM): man you're making me cream myself over this info
GerbilMortar (6:32:13 PM): XD
Cross the Walls (6:32:15 PM): poke trainer
Cross the Walls (6:32:17 PM): is 3 characters
Cross the Walls (6:32:19 PM): end of story
Cross the Walls (6:32:34 PM): the pokemon have nothing to do with each other
Cross the Walls (6:32:42 PM): therefore, they are 3 different characters
GerbilMortar (6:32:48 PM): oh! how about that stamina thing?
GerbilMortar (6:32:53 PM): how does that work?
Cross the Walls (6:32:55 PM): ok
Cross the Walls (6:33:00 PM): what me and ed figure
Cross the Walls (6:33:09 PM): is that
Cross the Walls (6:33:17 PM): 1. we're dont have "an eye" for the game yet
Cross the Walls (6:33:23 PM): so its hard to see whats getting less powerful
Cross the Walls (6:33:27 PM): or if you're getting slower
Cross the Walls (6:33:35 PM): it will take a few weeks/months to see
Cross the Walls (6:33:40 PM): and some statistics would be usefull
Cross the Walls (6:33:42 PM): BUT
Cross the Walls (6:33:45 PM): its not blatantly obvious
Cross the Walls (6:33:53 PM): like, ed plays entire matches with nothing but ivy
Cross the Walls (6:34:09 PM): and his attacks seemingly do not diminish in speed or hitpower faster than everyone elses
Cross the Walls (6:34:20 PM): now, it may be true that they do, and it may be an important factor later
Cross the Walls (6:34:26 PM): but as for now, its too hard to see if its there
Cross the Walls (6:34:30 PM): 2.
GerbilMortar (6:34:31 PM): ok cool
Cross the Walls (6:34:54 PM): i think that the designers put that in (if it even is effective) for people who will be playing much slower than us
Cross the Walls (6:35:21 PM): therefore, even if it does exist, competitive play will likely bring the death/stamina ratio so low that it wont matter
Cross the Walls (6:35:25 PM): simply because of speed of characters
Cross the Walls (6:35:28 PM): and fights
Cross the Walls (6:35:32 PM): progressing
GerbilMortar (6:35:51 PM): 1 quick thing
GerbilMortar (6:35:57 PM): do you mind I copy/paste this convo into a thread?
GerbilMortar (6:35:59 PM): lol
Cross the Walls (6:36:08 PM): not at all
GerbilMortar (6:36:17 PM): it's alot to repeat to people who care lol

Cross the Walls (6:42:13 PM): its funny
Cross the Walls (6:42:21 PM): because everyone is flipping **** about certain characters
Cross the Walls (6:42:26 PM): and i see loads of potential in others
Cross the Walls (6:42:32 PM): it may just be my playstyle
Cross the Walls (6:42:34 PM): but to me right now
Cross the Walls (6:42:38 PM): luigi is the best character
Cross the Walls (6:42:40 PM): like
Cross the Walls (6:42:42 PM): that i have unlocked
Cross the Walls (6:42:46 PM): i still have 11 characters to unlock
Cross the Walls (6:42:51 PM): as i dont give a **** about single player
Cross the Walls (6:42:59 PM): or the subspace star wars bull****
Cross the Walls (6:43:08 PM): anyway
Cross the Walls (6:43:24 PM): but as for now
Cross the Walls (6:43:34 PM): like with the whole "every character is unique" thing
Cross the Walls (6:43:41 PM): we've already been figuring things out
Cross the Walls (6:43:48 PM): like, people are looking for combos the wrong way
Cross the Walls (6:43:52 PM): they need to be loads more creative
Cross the Walls (6:44:01 PM): btw, so far i've found mario can no longer rise with the tornado
GerbilMortar (6:44:10 PM): seriously??
Cross the Walls (6:44:11 PM): and some of this may be repetitive to you
GerbilMortar (6:44:22 PM): you've told me tons of new info actually
Cross the Walls (6:44:27 PM): ok
Cross the Walls (6:44:30 PM): on to luigi
Cross the Walls (6:44:34 PM): btw marios tornado blows lol
Cross the Walls (6:44:40 PM): ok, luigi's though
Cross the Walls (6:44:44 PM): is AMAZING
Cross the Walls (6:44:47 PM): here's the thing
Cross the Walls (6:44:52 PM): you can go soooo far
Cross the Walls (6:44:57 PM): and the end animation
Cross the Walls (6:45:01 PM): is sooo much faster than melee
Cross the Walls (6:45:05 PM): so it has loads of using
Cross the Walls (6:45:07 PM): which i'll get to in a second
Cross the Walls (6:45:11 PM): but, firstly
Cross the Walls (6:45:19 PM): it should be noted
Cross the Walls (6:45:22 PM): that unlike melee
Cross the Walls (6:45:28 PM): you can start rising in it AT ANY POINT
Cross the Walls (6:45:36 PM): which is sooooooooooo unique
Cross the Walls (6:45:43 PM): so, take this for example
Cross the Walls (6:45:47 PM): so ed is ivy saur
GerbilMortar (6:45:53 PM): k
Cross the Walls (6:46:02 PM): and i start my tornado and move it at him from across the stage
Cross the Walls (6:46:04 PM): i get to him
Cross the Walls (6:46:06 PM): he shields
Cross the Walls (6:46:11 PM): i think start tapping b
Cross the Walls (6:46:17 PM): and even though i'm at the very end of my tornado
Cross the Walls (6:46:24 PM): i can move up through his shield
Cross the Walls (6:46:26 PM): and hit him
Cross the Walls (6:46:30 PM): if i dont hit him
Cross the Walls (6:46:35 PM): i can move behind his shield
Cross the Walls (6:46:51 PM): after the last hit (which is a pretty solid knock) im behind him and dont have much lag
GerbilMortar (6:47:05 PM): O.O
GerbilMortar (6:47:07 PM): wut
Cross the Walls (6:47:16 PM): you could even go across levels hit people with the tornado, then use it to propel up onto playforms loool
Cross the Walls (6:47:33 PM): the other use
Cross the Walls (6:47:39 PM): that ive found so far
Cross the Walls (6:47:45 PM): is like, if a character is coming back
Cross the Walls (6:47:50 PM): since wding is gone
Cross the Walls (6:47:58 PM): i'll use it to go all the way across the stage
Cross the Walls (6:48:03 PM): off the level
Cross the Walls (6:48:12 PM): and fall down to hit someone

Cross the Walls (6:48:17 PM): this puts me in the position
Cross the Walls (6:48:21 PM): that im already facing the level
Cross the Walls (6:48:27 PM): as i've done the tornado backwards
Cross the Walls (6:48:34 PM): and i still have my jump and up b
GerbilMortar (6:49:00 PM): wow wtf
GerbilMortar (6:49:06 PM): so...
GerbilMortar (6:49:16 PM): could you tornado, fall off, rapid tornado up, then jump to upB?
GerbilMortar (6:49:26 PM): so inessence, yuo can rise back towards the stage simultaneously hitting the enemy
GerbilMortar (6:49:47 PM): know what I mean?
Cross the Walls (6:49:48 PM): yes
Cross the Walls (6:49:50 PM): exactly
GerbilMortar (6:49:50 PM): wow badass
Cross the Walls (6:49:56 PM): if you time it right
Cross the Walls (6:49:57 PM): like i said
Cross the Walls (6:50:00 PM): the last hit hits pretty hard
Cross the Walls (6:50:07 PM): but even if you didn't
Cross the Walls (6:50:11 PM): you could tornado off
Cross the Walls (6:50:14 PM): fair
Cross the Walls (6:50:19 PM): jump
Cross the Walls (6:50:22 PM): fair again if they tried to get back
Cross the Walls (6:50:25 PM): then up b yourself
Cross the Walls (6:50:32 PM): oh
Cross the Walls (6:50:34 PM): and you know how people were saying
Cross the Walls (6:50:40 PM): that when you hit shields or enemys
Cross the Walls (6:50:45 PM): it stops your momentum?
GerbilMortar (6:50:55 PM): yes
Cross the Walls (6:50:55 PM): and you fall right in front of them?
Cross the Walls (6:50:57 PM): bull****
Cross the Walls (6:51:07 PM): the first match i turned on
Cross the Walls (6:51:11 PM): i ran with fox
Cross the Walls (6:51:18 PM): sh'd
Cross the Walls (6:51:23 PM): went at ed with a nair
Cross the Walls (6:51:26 PM): hit his shield
Cross the Walls (6:51:28 PM): and kept going
GerbilMortar (6:51:30 PM): wow
Cross the Walls (6:51:31 PM): its bull****
GerbilMortar (6:51:54 PM): XD
Cross the Walls (6:52:12 PM): azen says its a good game
Cross the Walls (6:52:17 PM): therefore its a good game
GerbilMortar (6:52:47 PM): I had seen gimpy and panda talk about it, but I couldn't accept it till I had someone I knew better play it lol
GerbilMortar (6:53:00 PM): that's badass, thanks for that ton of info
GerbilMortar (6:53:06 PM): I'll be maining CF btw for the beginning
GerbilMortar (6:53:13 PM): someone has to keep the GA tradition of FPs alive LOL
Cross the Walls (6:53:17 PM): Azen Zagenite: yea i have brawl
Cross the Walls: what do you think?
Azen Zagenite: i like it a lot
Cross the Walls (6:53:31 PM): Azen Zagenite: i'm glad its completely different than melee
Azen Zagenite: like a fresh new beginning
Azen Zagenite: lollz
Cross the Walls (6:53:34 PM): ^proof game is good
GerbilMortar (6:53:42 PM): that's going to be bolded in my thread XD
Cross the Walls (6:54:05 PM): haha
Cross the Walls (6:54:07 PM): oh
Cross the Walls (6:54:11 PM): and all this **** about luigi
Cross the Walls (6:54:13 PM): is just cause
Cross the Walls (6:54:15 PM): ive been playing him
Cross the Walls (6:54:16 PM): but really
Cross the Walls (6:54:19 PM): from what i've seen
Cross the Walls (6:54:25 PM): every character has badass **** like this
Cross the Walls (6:54:33 PM): so it just proves my theory
Cross the Walls (6:54:38 PM): that the game is more character based
Cross the Walls (6:54:49 PM): than "common tech" based
Cross the Walls (6:54:51 PM): like the last game
Cross the Walls (6:55:05 PM): oh, btw, another tornado thing, i know im obsessed with the tornado loool
Cross the Walls (6:55:15 PM): but you can move it fast enough
Cross the Walls (6:55:19 PM): to like, down throw someone
Cross the Walls (6:55:20 PM): tornado
Cross the Walls (6:55:28 PM): move back, move forward, hit them again
Cross the Walls (6:55:31 PM): and this time
Cross the Walls (6:55:37 PM): move up with it
Cross the Walls (6:55:55 PM): use the last punch to him them above you (becasue the character is mostly above you from the original dthrow hit)
Cross the Walls (6:56:05 PM): and then either up air or fair them out of it
GerbilMortar (6:56:25 PM): you better start coining these combos lol
Cross the Walls (6:57:03 PM): dood
Cross the Walls (6:57:09 PM): im just going to release a combo vid
Cross the Walls (6:57:12 PM): with luigi
Cross the Walls (6:57:13 PM): in the next like
Cross the Walls (6:57:15 PM): 3-4 weeks
GerbilMortar (6:57:20 PM): do it
Cross the Walls (6:57:38 PM): dood he can chain combos sooo well with fireball loool
Cross the Walls (6:57:42 PM): dood i love this game haha
Cross the Walls (6:57:49 PM): uhm, peach is retardedly fast
Cross the Walls (6:58:03 PM): uhm
Cross the Walls (6:58:07 PM): ed was just ****ing around with her
Cross the Walls (6:58:12 PM): because obviously kone=peach
Cross the Walls (6:58:17 PM): and like
Cross the Walls (6:58:23 PM): fc'ing
Cross the Walls (6:58:25 PM): is sooo fast in this game
Cross the Walls (6:58:33 PM): that you can cancel the fc animation
Cross the Walls (6:58:35 PM): haha
Cross the Walls (6:58:43 PM): its essentially a wavedash
Cross the Walls (6:58:48 PM): but even faster than peaches from the last game
Cross the Walls (6:58:54 PM): i mean longer
Cross the Walls (6:58:57 PM): well, its faster too
GerbilMortar (6:59:14 PM): O.O
GerbilMortar (6:59:28 PM): guess peach players will be happy >.<
Cross the Walls (6:59:34 PM): yup
Cross the Walls (6:59:37 PM): up air is also amazing
Cross the Walls (6:59:43 PM): *up smash
Cross the Walls (7:00:03 PM): if turnips hit the ground soft enough
Cross the Walls (7:00:06 PM): they stick back into it
GerbilMortar (7:00:10 PM): O.O
Cross the Walls (7:00:11 PM): and other characters can pick them up
GerbilMortar (7:00:17 PM): LOL that's fricken cool
Cross the Walls (7:00:25 PM): diddy's bananas rule
Cross the Walls (7:00:33 PM): diddy is a combo machine
Cross the Walls (7:00:34 PM): lol
Cross the Walls (7:00:44 PM): marth can still ken combo
Cross the Walls (7:00:53 PM): if anything carrying with the fair is easier
Cross the Walls (7:01:01 PM): depends
Cross the Walls (7:01:04 PM): if you are out over the air
Cross the Walls (7:01:11 PM): there's not many places to go
GerbilMortar (7:01:34 PM): right right
Cross the Walls (7:02:09 PM): lets see what else
Cross the Walls (7:02:12 PM): olimar
Cross the Walls (7:02:16 PM): is a very complex character
Cross the Walls (7:02:20 PM): but clearly good
GerbilMortar (7:02:23 PM): awesome
Cross the Walls (7:02:27 PM): uhm
Cross the Walls (7:02:38 PM): you can pull out 3 or 4 pikmin
Cross the Walls (7:02:42 PM): before the match starts
Cross the Walls (7:02:47 PM): in your intro animation
GerbilMortar (7:03:04 PM): whoa... automatically, or you do it yourself?
Cross the Walls (7:03:09 PM): you do it
Cross the Walls (7:03:13 PM): im pretty sure
Cross the Walls (7:03:16 PM): i didnt try it
Cross the Walls (7:03:20 PM): ed did it
Cross the Walls (7:03:21 PM): and im pretty sure
Cross the Walls (7:03:25 PM): he did it himself
Cross the Walls (7:03:27 PM): almost positive
Cross the Walls (7:03:32 PM): but i'll know for sure tomorrow
Cross the Walls (7:04:56 PM): and is much smoother than i though
Cross the Walls (7:04:58 PM): *thought
GerbilMortar (7:05:07 PM): oh?
Cross the Walls (7:05:15 PM): like, i knew it would be "Clicky"
Cross the Walls (7:05:15 PM): but its way smoother than 64
GerbilMortar (7:05:15 PM): if not much left to say, go ahead and tell it all lol
Cross the Walls (7:05:29 PM): uhm, dont know if you know this, people are not stating obvious things
Cross the Walls (7:05:35 PM): but DI is still very much important
Cross the Walls (7:05:49 PM): and starting as zss
Cross the Walls (7:05:54 PM): you dont press r while the stage is loading
Cross the Walls (7:05:56 PM): but rather
GerbilMortar (7:05:57 PM): oh?
Cross the Walls (7:06:00 PM): when you select the character
Cross the Walls (7:06:01 PM): this means
Cross the Walls (7:06:09 PM): if you want to play her in multiple matches
Cross the Walls (7:06:11 PM): you must
Cross the Walls (7:06:15 PM): deselect samus
Cross the Walls (7:06:25 PM): and select her again holding r again
Cross the Walls (7:06:28 PM): otherise you will get samus
GerbilMortar (7:06:34 PM): you just made Alpha's day lol
Cross the Walls (7:06:38 PM): im not sure if you have to select another character in between
Cross the Walls (7:06:46 PM): you might, i'll check tomorrow
Cross the Walls (7:06:50 PM): i thought that was kinda weird
Cross the Walls (7:06:54 PM): same goes for sheik
Cross the Walls (7:06:58 PM): as for sheik and zelda
Cross the Walls (7:07:11 PM): uh sheiks up b pretty much grabs the stage if you are within 3000 feet of the ledge
Cross the Walls (7:07:17 PM): zelda's hardly grabs it at all lol
Cross the Walls (7:07:20 PM): so thats pretty different
Cross the Walls (7:07:23 PM): another thing
Cross the Walls (7:07:31 PM): you seemingly cant cancel zeldas up b
Cross the Walls (7:07:32 PM): like in melee
Cross the Walls (7:07:38 PM): for stalls or shorter paths to the ledge
Cross the Walls (7:07:42 PM): you know what i mean?
Cross the Walls (7:07:50 PM): zelda can actually do stuff though
Cross the Walls (7:07:55 PM): as her smashes seem to actually combo
Cross the Walls (7:07:58 PM): instead of just sucking ***
GerbilMortar (7:08:06 PM): yeah I understand ^.^
Cross the Walls (7:08:12 PM): whip still does nothing
Cross the Walls (7:08:25 PM): needles seem to take longer to charge in the air than they used to
GerbilMortar (7:08:31 PM): hopefully when a tier list develop, it isn't so crappy for whoeever landsa as low
Cross the Walls (7:08:32 PM): everything still leads to fair
Cross the Walls (7:08:40 PM): yeah
Cross the Walls (7:08:58 PM): bair has hitlag like a mother
Cross the Walls (7:09:06 PM): i think you could set like 10,000 di's to that ****
GerbilMortar (7:09:13 PM): so does the falcon knee
Cross the Walls (7:09:13 PM): with zelda
Cross the Walls (7:09:17 PM): haha, sweet
GerbilMortar (7:09:20 PM): they both just hold it there for a sec
GerbilMortar (7:09:23 PM): it's badass to watch
GerbilMortar (7:09:35 PM): but I dunno of Smash DI could be used to change your influence
GerbilMortar (7:09:41 PM): or if SDI even exists
Cross the Walls (7:09:49 PM): we'll find out i guess
Cross the Walls (7:09:52 PM): DI is still very prevelant
Cross the Walls (7:09:55 PM): and thats what matters
GerbilMortar (7:10:10 PM): truth
GerbilMortar (7:10:17 PM): anything else you can think of?
Cross the Walls (7:10:20 PM): do you know about characters dairs forcing them downwards now?
Cross the Walls (7:10:24 PM): well, some characters
GerbilMortar (7:10:31 PM): forcing the char that uses it downwards???
Cross the Walls (7:10:34 PM): yeah
Cross the Walls (7:10:44 PM): zss, sheik, luigi, probably
Cross the Walls (7:10:45 PM): others
Cross the Walls (7:11:08 PM): uhm lucas is a beast
Cross the Walls (7:11:15 PM): and can kill at mad early percents
Cross the Walls (7:11:23 PM): a lot of people
Cross the Walls (7:11:27 PM): are saying you cant kill at early percents
Cross the Walls (7:11:32 PM): but they need to take a history lesson
Cross the Walls (7:11:35 PM): and watch old melee vids
Cross the Walls (7:11:40 PM): even in saying that though
Cross the Walls (7:12:12 PM): haha
Cross the Walls (7:12:17 PM): like
Cross the Walls (7:12:22 PM): as an example
Cross the Walls (7:12:26 PM): you can still kill way early
Cross the Walls (7:12:29 PM): like with luigi
Cross the Walls (7:12:32 PM): i ran at ed
Cross the Walls (7:12:37 PM): (olimar)
Cross the Walls (7:12:46 PM): dthrow, fair, fair, run (keep momentum)
Cross the Walls (7:12:51 PM): jump, bair, bair
Cross the Walls (7:12:53 PM): dead
GerbilMortar (7:12:56 PM): O.o
Cross the Walls (7:13:02 PM): it took like 6 seconds maybe?
GerbilMortar (7:13:08 PM): wow......
Cross the Walls (7:13:13 PM): and there was no way he could get back
Cross the Walls (7:13:14 PM): oh
Cross the Walls (7:13:16 PM): olimar
Cross the Walls (7:13:20 PM): you can hit the pikmin
Cross the Walls (7:13:22 PM): if they are in line
Cross the Walls (7:13:28 PM): but you can if they are desynched
Cross the Walls (7:13:35 PM): dunno if you heard that
Cross the Walls (7:13:41 PM): but if he throws them at you
Cross the Walls (7:13:45 PM): you can hit them, and they die haha
Cross the Walls (7:13:57 PM): it takes about 1 second to pull about 5 pikmin
Cross the Walls (7:14:28 PM): uhm
Cross the Walls (7:14:35 PM): if you try to jump cancel a grab you'll do an upsmash
Cross the Walls (7:14:56 PM): link can turn around in his arrows similar to how spacies can in their shine
GerbilMortar (7:14:59 PM): yeah, there's a "new" technique to do it in that thread I linked you
Cross the Walls (7:15:02 PM): the arrows are highly controllable
Cross the Walls (7:15:12 PM): you can aim them straight up
GerbilMortar (7:15:41 PM): O.o
Cross the Walls (7:15:48 PM): if you land enough pikmin on someone, they are ****ed haha
GerbilMortar (7:15:53 PM): ??
Cross the Walls (7:15:56 PM): if you hit them while they are coming back to the stage
GerbilMortar (7:15:56 PM): how so?
GerbilMortar (7:16:00 PM): O.o
Cross the Walls (7:16:02 PM): they pretty much cant do anything about it
GerbilMortar (7:16:06 PM): XDDDD
Cross the Walls (7:16:06 PM): so the pikmin stick
Cross the Walls (7:16:11 PM): and do ****loads of damage
Cross the Walls (7:16:39 PM): we think he's like a top 5 character so far lol
GerbilMortar (7:17:11 PM): wow awesome
Cross the Walls (7:17:55 PM): oh, some characters can do multiple up bs
Cross the Walls (7:18:03 PM): and some can attack out of their up b's, but only once
GerbilMortar (7:18:12 PM): I was told samus can grapple 3 times in the air
Cross the Walls (7:18:21 PM): yeah
Cross the Walls (7:18:53 PM): uhm
Cross the Walls (7:19:01 PM): zss's armour parts
Cross the Walls (7:19:08 PM): do a ****load of damage/knockback haha
GerbilMortar (7:19:22 PM): O.o whoa
GerbilMortar (7:20:34 PM): you basically answered eevrything I wanted to know atm lol
Cross the Walls (7:20:38 PM): haha
Cross the Walls (7:20:48 PM): i'll try the whole air parry thing out tomorrow
GerbilMortar (7:20:54 PM): alright awesome
GerbilMortar (7:21:01 PM): that is somethin im lookin forward to knowin more about

That's it!!!! Hope you enjoyed your new info. :p

Arteen

Smash Lord
That conversation is fake. If Brawl was really that great, he'd be playing it! ;)

Ichida

Smash Ace
Woooow. Lots of good info.

I think I'll get to know each character individually before I start training as my main(s). >.<

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace

(At a loss for words)

Ok...

*AHUM*

All of you LOL TOO LONG DIDNT RED people..

DIE IN A FIRE..

This **** got me more excited for brawl than any vid could have made me, read it or SHUT THE F*CK UP about: Wah, cant Wdash, Wah cant Lcancel, WAAAAAAHH I CANT COMBO..

Really, I HATE people not reading a post and then acting all high and mighty.

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
Things that stood out to me through the TL;DR = You can still combo, and Olimar is top tier.

I'm excited.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Awesome, glad to see some positive views on the game. Gotta keep that hope alive! :)

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I read some parts...quite interesting,talk great things about Brawl.
Especcially about Luigi and his combos.

I tried to read that whole thing, but my eyes starting screaming about halfway in. I had to go look at some porn to cheer them up.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
This is actually a reposted thread lol. The first one I stated it in the Atlantic South, but it got closed in under a minute >.< So I will go back and bold it again lol.

Yes, that is THE Azen in that quote.

Cross the Walls = GA Wes. You may know of him as the most American man in the nation, or by his combo video "Atlanta Falcon II." Also, he was #1 in GA for a good while. He moved to England to go to school, but that doesn't stop his American nature lol.

Btw I assume Off the walls is GA Wess..

Is GA Wess..

THIS Wess?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rDTdA_E6lHg
No. GA Wes is a different guy, but still on a high level of owange.

Please don't complain about the length, you should've seen it BEFORE I edited stuff out :/ Just deal with it, there is a TON of info that you guys should be looking at. :)

The9litch

Smash Apprentice
very informative....good read. Good to know about Diddy, I'm planning on mainning him, lol, and my friend Jeff will cremate himself when he hears news of the only character he plays, LUIGI!!! lmao, good stuff

Srules

Smash Apprentice
nice, took a while to read, but worth it. Thanks! and having to click the L button all the way down to shield is a major issue. Hopefully this will be fixed somehow.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Great read! Really get's my hopes up for Brawl!
You know, it's a fighting game and fighting can and will always be able to be played competetively... Hence they wouldn't qualify as fighting games I'd think.

I like the fact that it seems more character-based. Maybe there will finally be characters that suck against certain others but own certain others as well, that'd be awesome and add so much more variety to the game.

Great read, thx for posting it!

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
This is actually a reposted thread lol. The first one I stated it in the Atlantic South, but it got closed in under a minute >.< So I will go back and bold it again lol.

Yes, that is THE Azen in that quote.

Cross the Walls = GA Wes. You may know of him as the most American man in the nation, or by his combo video "Atlanta Falcon II." Also, he was #1 in GA for a good while. He moved to England to go to school, but that doesn't stop his American nature lol.

No. GA Wes is a different guy, but still on a high level of owange.

Please don't complain about the length, you should've seen it BEFORE I edited stuff out :/ Just deal with it, there is a TON of info that you guys should be looking at. :)
Dang that GA wess is really no joke, really if he and F*CKING AZEN are HYPED about Brawl, then it cant be anything but a good game.

Screw high gravity mode..

By the by pressing L or R all the way in is bad? HAH!!! AHAH!!!

I always do this, I AM AT AN ADVANTAGE....BRING IT ON KEN!!!

(No, please dont, I dont wanna get humiliated) ;)

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Kind of pointless info, I read halfway, and then I checked how much was left and gave up.

Seriously he barely knows anything about the game except for the obvious (like peach and luigi being faster and that everyone is more balanced and unique). From what I've read, he seems to think that stamina doesn't do much WHEN IT DOES. They get tired after 2 minutes. That's why you never saw it on youtube videos and demos and such..

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i read all of it that was some good stuff i never doubted brawl i knew itd be great but s*** he blew me out of the water

Gerbil

Smash Champion
To those that appreciated the info: Thanks. It wasn't hard getting this info cause I'm very excited about the game, and Wes loves it. The editing of my half of the conversation was the toughest part lol.

To those complaining tl;dr: stfu. Seriously. If you won't take the time to read an insane ammount of information, you are not contributing to the thread.

If I highlighted the most important parts of the convo, I'd be highlighting the entire convo. THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION (except for the little beginning) IS BRAWL INFORMATION. READ IT SLOWLY IF YOU HAVE TO!

@the new dude who complains about the way we talk: Get past it? Seriously, I have excellent English skills, but its an IM and I'm not going to focus on it and neither is Wes. Who cares lol.

Tugboat

Smash Rookie

(At a loss for words)

Ok...

*AHUM*

All of you LOL TOO LONG DIDNT RED people..

DIE IN A FIRE..

This **** got me more excited for brawl than any vid could have made me, read it or SHUT THE F*CK UP about: Wah, cant Wdash, Wah cant Lcancel, WAAAAAAHH I CANT COMBO..

Really, I HATE people not reading a post and then acting all high and mighty.

Had to be done.

But, on the real, that's good news. Especially about the hitting shields and not losing momentum.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you guys know i've had brawl too, right?

;-;

sleepyk gets no love from ga

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Kind of pointless info, I read halfway, and then I checked how much was left and gave up.

Seriously he barely knows anything about the game except for the obvious (like peach and luigi being faster and that everyone is more balanced and unique). From what I've read, he seems to think that stamina doesn't do much WHEN IT DOES. They get tired after 2 minutes. That's why you never saw it on youtube videos and demos and such..
I'm sorry but you're just............ ignorant. This is THE Wes of the South. THE guy that created the ENTIRE GA tournament scene. THE guy that is perhaps one of the MOST INTELLEGENT SWF MEMEBRS EVER.

Wes could crap a full load of Melee history back onto SWF, and SWF would break from it all. This guy knows EXACTLY WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.

Do you have the game? If no, then be quiet. If so, then post your own opinios about it.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
**** Gerbil. This would probably have been more appreciated in Atlantic South. Is it ok to admit then that I've always took the springs out of my gamecube controllers? I can lightshield without them.

Rash

Smash Ace
I'm the kind of guy who actually posts paragraphs in AIM, but whatever....

That was a great read. Lots of positive feedback about the game. It's nice to hear that those two guys are both giving Brawl the time it deserves and are approaching it in the correct manner, thus more easily finding the positive aspects of the game that so many people seem to be missing. Hearing that Brawl is more character based is also a huge plus.

Thank you very much for this, and thank the guys as well.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
People scared of the wall of text might want to read this anyway.

*Edit*

A little late on that, I guess..

Top Bottom