• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

kr3wman

Smash Master
I thought about holding fests at my place but brawl wouldn't probably be on the list.

try sending a private message to Swordgard for brawl fests/weeklies tho.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Last time I heard, melee was still a good game.

<Recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."> lol Wiki.

kr3wman

Smash Master
that's a necrotroll...

get it? cause they deface pages of dead people...

man mtl is dead.

ThirtyHitCheapz

Smash Rookie
Hey Kr3wman, and MTL Smash dudes in general,

I’ve met a good number of you guys through Chet and Kage, but for those of whom I haven’t, I’m Woolie, the community organizer for MTLSF, the Montreal Street Fighter community (Black guy with green dreads, no, not Bento). Since the closing of NCBA, we’ve put together a console arcade for ourselves. I’ve talked about it a little on gootecks.com. I’m not sure if you guys currently have a venue, but I’ve been pitching the idea around that if you’d like a venue to play during the week, we’ve got 5-7 CRTs available at our new place, MTLSF HQ. We’ve rented out a good loft, 5 minutes from Laurier, next to St-Laurent, St-Denis area.

Any interest in organizing weeklies?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hey Kr3wman, and MTL Smash dudes in general,

I’ve met a good number of you guys through Chet and Kage, but for those of whom I haven’t, I’m Woolie, the community organizer for MTLSF, the Montreal Street Fighter community (Black guy with green dreads, no, not Bento). Since the closing of NCBA, we’ve put together a console arcade for ourselves. I’ve talked about it a little on gootecks.com. I’m not sure if you guys currently have a venue, but I’ve been pitching the idea around that if you’d like a venue to play during the week, we’ve got 5-7 CRTs available at our new place, MTLSF HQ. We’ve rented out a good loft, 5 minutes from Laurier, next to St-Laurent, St-Denis area.

Any interest in organizing weeklies?

I need to talk to you. Dunnow for weeklies, but I am looking to renting at the same spot as you, I am mostly wondering how many square feets you took. Also need to talk to you about other stuff, do you have msn/aim?

ThirtyHitCheapz

Smash Rookie
I need to talk to you. Dunnow for weeklies, but I am looking to renting at the same spot as you, I am mostly wondering how many square feets you took. Also need to talk to you about other stuff, do you have msn/aim?
Facebook would be best, message me at Woolie Madden.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I haven't checked the place yet, but sounds nice.

EDIT : I'll probably be going to the back to school event the day after tomorrow to get my *** kicked lulz.

EDIT 2 : oh **** american style sticks, can't play to save my life on those.

Jer

Smash Ace
Woolie, just so you know, the brawl community is completley dead in montreal, there's only three or four people in the surronding area of montreal that play. The others, (Myself, Zaf, Elef, and Chet) play b+, but usually in Chateauguay.

=/

swordgard

Smash Hero
Woolie, just so you know, the brawl community is completley dead in montreal, there's only three or four people in the surronding area of montreal that play. The others, (Myself, Zaf, Elef, and Chet) play b+, but usually in Chateauguay.

=/
Not really dead, we just don't use here to post.

zaf

Smash Lord
there really is no one that plays brawl. if they do it is in swordgards basement or something like that.

his tourney attendance ( not that it matters) is like 25 people at max, and which most of the peeople playing are his friends, who's money him and holy steal.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You know what, i am, but i've met Woolie, and i'm respectable in person, just not to kids like you.

Wow, someones mad.

We're not many, but the community isn't inexistent. Either way its not like theres more people for melee or b+.

nvm

Smash Apprentice
there really is no one that plays brawl. if they do it is in swordgards basement or something like that.

his tourney attendance ( not that it matters) is like 25 people at max, and which most of the peeople playing are his friends, who's money him and holy steal.
25 is not that bad considering he's only posting the event here and not making a big publicity in mtl\surroundings. If you check AiB, there are good people still playing in QC (like Negga) they just can't show up to every tourny.

zaf

Smash Lord
thats his problem, he doesnt advertise. His problem not mine.
My tournament i hosted had a nice tourn out of over 70 people. I advertised and made it known.
He advertised a tourney like 1 week before it happened.

In the end, sg and his 5 friends will show up to a place they can play smash and people will stop comgin. Just like what happened at gamers world and net champ.

swordgard

Smash Hero
thats his problem, he doesnt advertise. His problem not mine.
My tournament i hosted had a nice tourn out of over 70 people. I advertised and made it known.
He advertised a tourney like 1 week before it happened.

In the end, sg and his 5 friends will show up to a place they can play smash and people will stop comgin. Just like what happened at gamers world and net champ.
Can you name those 5 friends? Im really curious since you keep mentionning theres 5 of them but I keep seeing different people. And how does in the end me and my friend show up and then people stop coming lmao. Its not like im responsible for netchamp or gamersworlds closing. If you want to draw a correlation or something go ahead, but frankly I doubt its anything even close to true. Go ahead and make a good argument though if your so sure of yourself. Then again I forget that your probably trollin.

I pretty much advertise as much as possible on AiB and contact all the mtl players I know of, granted I don't advertise in the streets of mtl or anything, otherwise I am doing the best I can. Now I don't have a crew or anything behind me to help me, and the game is starting to get old, so its harder to get new blood nowadays, especially with games like Blazblue and SSF4 coming out. Now yes, there has been one tourney I only advertised on AiB the week before, but usually I do it within the few days I do the thread, which is usually about 1 month or 2 beforehand.

Now I won't question your TO skills or anything, but keep in mind in those 70 you had both melee and brawl, and you were there when the community was still fairly active. I don't care about the melee scene, so I will probably never bother to advertise for melee. Well I just don't have melee tourneys anymore. If you want to self-advertise your TO skill more though, be my guest.

zaf

Smash Lord
I do not mean 5 exact people, it is more of an estimation and i guess i am being nice with that amount. You take everything way too literal man. I never say you were to blame for the closing of the two venues, but im just saying history is bound to repeat itself with the way the community is going.

If you loved the game as much as i did, you can get more people to tourneys. Maybe its just cuz people do not like you.

and what happened to the SOUTH SHORE CREW ( even though david isnt from south shore) lolz. ?

and when considering my tourney, YES there was over 70+ for brawl only. I didnt take care of melee, Jarc did. So i do not know anything about the attendance for that. There was a **** load of doubles teams. Also, i suck at melee and never did play it. But i still advertise it because i cared a lot about smash at the time. I did what i could to maximize the attendance.

Jer

Smash Ace
I do not mean 5 exact people, it is more of an estimation and i guess i am being nice with that amount. You take everything way too literal man. I never say you were to blame for the closing of the two venues, but im just saying history is bound to repeat itself with the way the community is going.

If you loved the game as much as i did, you can get more people to tourneys. Maybe its just cuz people do not like you.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

and what happened to the SOUTH SHORE CREW ( even though david isnt from south shore) lolz. ?

This ^^^^^^

and when considering my tourney, YES there was over 70+ for brawl only. I didnt take care of melee, Jarc did. So i do not know anything about the attendance for that. There was a **** load of doubles teams. Also, i suck at melee and never did play it. But i still advertise it because i cared a lot about smash at the time. I did what i could to maximize the attendance.

loolololololololololol

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, seeing all this pointless bickering, nitpicking, childishness and fly****ing, I see that I've evolved in the past months.

Wow lol "haha you have no friends" "nuh huh, I DO! and you don't have as many friends to play with as I do!" "yeah, well you play dumb games!" "Yeah?!?! Well you-" Jeez guys, grow up.

Top Bottom