• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

kr3wman

Smash Master
Alright, this is thursdays now, sorry for all the people that wanted to go wednesdays.

It's still the HQ, but now we'll be sharing it with the Blazblue guys. Come by when you want to, I'll usually be there at 6-7pm. It sometimes can be opened earlier tho.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so there will be even less space "reserved" for Melee players? Screw the HQ then, it's still better to organize Smashfests at people's place.

kr3wman

Smash Master
for someone that never went there I don't know how you can be the judge of that.

Besides, the HQ stopped being opened wednesdays. Everything is more room than no room.

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so there will be even less space "reserved" for Melee players? Screw the HQ then, it's still better to organize Smashfests at people's place.
Yea i can move myself to play melee to some1 if that person can pay my gaz lol.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
for someone that never went there I don't know how you can be the judge of that.

Besides, the HQ stopped being opened wednesdays. Everything is more room than no room.
I guess you don't even know who I am, so how can you say I never went there?

I went there twice, and both times, there were not enough setups, and we didn't have to share the space with Blazblue.... + the fact I had to pay 5$ + gas for an hour of road, that ain't god for me! I agree the HQ is OK for people searching for new players to play with, but that's not my case...

kr3wman

Smash Master
I was making this long long post complaining about the state of things, but I guess I don't even care enough about smash to write that long.

This thread might as well be closed.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
so your saying brawl is a nuisance to melee player s skills lol well maybe we should go do a brawl player hunting the same way people did witch hunting; by burning the **** out of their equipment and themself....

sry for randomness whats going on over montreal around these time for melee? Wondering if weekly/monthly whatever have a decent amount of people so if I come by montreal going to this place is worth the time (FOR MELEE) maybe some brawl luls too xD

More randomess ---> DarkISDA je vient de checker t stats de sc2 dans ton sig pi jai remarquer que ta exactement les meme stats exepter les points et le meme nbm dachievement que moi et ton avatar me porte a croire que tu play zerg comme moi donc en bref meme skill level que moi so si t down pour des friendly de sc2 sa srais cool sa frais changement du platinumjarcproxyer lol <---- sry for the randomness again hope to play montrealers this summer.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
so your saying brawl is a nuisance to melee player s skills lol well maybe we should go do a brawl player hunting the same way people did witch hunting; by burning the **** out of their equipment and themself....

sry for randomness whats going on over montreal around these time for melee? Wondering if weekly/monthly whatever have a decent amount of people so if I come by montreal going to this place is worth the time (FOR MELEE) maybe some brawl luls too xD

More randomess ---> DarkISDA je vient de checker t stats de sc2 dans ton sig pi jai remarquer que ta exactement les meme stats exepter les points et le meme nbm dachievement que moi et ton avatar me porte a croire que tu play zerg comme moi donc en bref meme skill level que moi so si t down pour des friendly de sc2 sa srais cool sa frais changement du platinumjarcproxyer lol <---- sry for the randomness again hope to play montrealers this summer.
Sa pourrais être pas pire, mais sa fait un moment je n'ai pas jouer... pis ne te fie pas trop a mon level, je ne veux pas me sur-estimer, mais je devrais être gold league minimum.

Et puis, oui je joue Zerg, mais récemment j'ai beaucoup jouer Terran, alors je pourrais être rouillé xD.

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
ouais ne fit pas trop a son level, il a 27/27 mais c'étais contre des *computer* loooool

swordgard

Smash Hero
Ne me sous-estime pas lol je joue depuis ... tres longtemps.
If melee should have taught you anything, its that your perceived level and your actual level are often pretty far from one another. Jarc has a lot of competitive experience under SC1 iirc, so I wouldn't be quite so eager to MM him.

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
If melee should have taught you anything, its that your perceived level and your actual level are often pretty far from one another. Jarc has a lot of competitive experience under SC1 iirc, so I wouldn't be quite so eager to MM him.
Ya i agree with that, i never had played this game seriously .. only for my own fun, but i know i was good lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
How do you know that? It's pretty spot on actually lol.

Ya i agree with that, i never had played this game seriously .. only for my own fun, but i know i was good lol
"Good" compared to who? I think I'm alright at a lot of games like D2, WoW, Natural Selection but when it comes down to it.. the top players simply make less mistakes than I did and that's why they have the edge over me. They are just better than me in nearly everyway.. So how can I get to that level? Well for me there's only one way, you practice more than these guys and you CONSCIOUSLY reduce your mistakes until eventually you become more consistent. Some people might see things differently, but thats for me, thats how I work.

Se plaindre parce que tu fais des erreurs is not the way to go. Tes obliger de changer de perspective tres souvent ou sinon tu vas arriver a un plateau and be forever stuck there. If your hand keeps burning, are you going to let your hand keep burning forever until there's nothing left? lolll. There's only so much you can take until you become fed up with yourself.. and then when that happens.. there's 2 choices.. Either you /wrist and be forever in darkness or you change yourself completely. Top players understand why a move got punished they "nod" in their mistake and will try not to do it again/mix it up, on the other hand.. lower players don't agree when they got punished and they think it's BS. Not always like that but more often not yes.

Getting shield grabbed means you had bad spacing on the move you did most likely.. mettons quand jai jouer a Brawl ce dernier Samedi, je pense que je mai fait shield grab au moins x100 fois lol.. until it didnt happen as often because I tried to improve my spacing and understand the mechanics. That's only one thing.

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
Sa pourrais être pas pire, mais sa fait un moment je n'ai pas jouer... pis ne te fie pas trop a mon level, je ne veux pas me sur-estimer, mais je devrais être gold league minimum.

Et puis, oui je joue Zerg, mais récemment j'ai beaucoup jouer Terran, alors je pourrais être rouillé xD.

bah moi je sais que je serait suposer etre plus haut que silver aussi vu que jai eu bcp de DC ou de lagout cheat les derniere fois j'ai jouer se que moi aussi fait longtemps mes peut importe le ranking sur papier j'aime mieux coller letiquette apres avoir jouer a la place d'avant =/ jme suis deja faite avoir en MM a cause de sa dans d'autre jeux/activite xD

Also, FaTuiK I dont really know you that much beside overhearing from people about you but as far as I know jarc cant be taken lightly at SC 1 or 2 more skillz in the first Im assuming so I guess its more likely that if people here say that you are overestimating yourself when you want a MM with jarc in SC they are right. I guess you wont be able to make money out of it lol...at least, if you do, you will not go trough that easily. Experience in SC is more important than most game when it come to seriousness lol more than a lot of games because of the builds and everythings and I guess Jarc have this experience pretty much implanted in his head xD

*Sans vouloir trop drift out du brawl/melee topic*

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
How do you know that? It's pretty spot on actually lol.

"Good" compared to who? I think I'm alright at a lot of games like D2, WoW, Natural Selection but when it comes down to it.. the top players simply make less mistakes than I did and that's why they have the edge over me. They are just better than me in nearly everyway.. So how can I get to that level? Well for me there's only one way, you practice more than these guys and you CONSCIOUSLY reduce your mistakes until eventually you become more consistent. Some people might see things differently, but thats for me, thats how I work.

Se plaindre parce que tu fais des erreurs is not the way to go. Tes obliger de changer de perspective tres souvent ou sinon tu vas arriver a un plateau and be forever stuck there. If your hand keeps burning, are you going to let your hand keep burning forever until there's nothing left? lolll. There's only so much you can take until you become fed up with yourself.. and then when that happens.. there's 2 choices.. Either you /wrist and be forever in darkness or you change yourself completely. Top players understand why a move got punished they "nod" in their mistake and will try not to do it again/mix it up, on the other hand.. lower players don't agree when they got punished and they think it's BS. Not always like that but more often not yes.

Getting shield grabbed means you had bad spacing on the move you did most likely.. mettons quand jai jouer a Brawl ce dernier Samedi, je pense que je mai fait shield grab au moins x100 fois lol.. until it didnt happen as often because I tried to improve my spacing and understand the mechanics. That's only one thing.
**** le shield grab lol, je john beaucoup quand ca fais 4-5h de jeux ou plus .. j'commence a me tanner, perdre patience et voir le jeux embrouillé. c'est exactement ce qui s'est passé la derniere fois que j'ai joué contre toi a MTL, A temps normal je john pas mal moins qu'auparavant mais je prense de joué Jig, fox et Yoshi futurement

Divinokage

Smash Legend
**** le shield grab lol, je john beaucoup quand ca fais 4-5h de jeux ou plus .. j'commence a me tanner, perdre patience et voir le jeux embrouillé. c'est exactement ce qui s'est passé la derniere fois que j'ai joué contre toi a MTL, A temps normal je john pas mal moins qu'auparavant mais je prense de joué Jig, fox et Yoshi futurement
Ca veux rien dire pour regler tes problemes ca. C'est comme si je jouerais Fox soudainement parce que je me sens plus capable de jouer Ganon a cause que je me fais **** 100 fois de suite.. To me that's running away from the actual problem. Je suis juste capable de jouer Falcon maintenant at high level parce que j'ai constamment essayer de regler toute la marde et les weaknesses qui vient avec un character. Te dire toute ca, ca prendrais une eternité.. C'est la job a personne pour regler tes propres problemes.

(<3 West island style talk)

tlm pense a jouer yoshi depuis que v3ctorMan a post sont combo vid ou ses moi qui pense nimporte quoi? xD
Aucune idée, c'est juste Fatuik qui le fait ici.. Je sais pas pour les autres zones du monde.

C'est bombsoldier all over again lol.

Kage, can't help you on this one, your community.
To me I think it's a smash community, there shouldn't be any separation between the 2 just because people play different games. It's like if I hate strawberry but you like it, but I love oranges but you hate it lol... it makes no sense to me however I respect everyone's decision as everyone has their own preference. The real truth is universal for everything because whatever you learn through any competitive game it can be used in real life too.. the lessons are exactly the same.

So ya my point that I wrote up there is the same in Brawl too.

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
yen a pas qui veulent smasher ce soir!? si oui lacher moi un call...514-291-5621... jhabite laval :) a date...ya kage, fathuik puis pest qui vont etre la

Melaf

Smash Journeyman
hahaha I was thinking about this man happy 420 to you too and I wish Id be in montreal I Dont know if people around still go up on the MontRoyal to smoke but damn Id like that loll

Top Bottom