• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Strike-Force

Smash Rookie
NNID
BONHOMME-7H
il ya des match de melee et brawl au MTLSF Headquarter je pensais c etait juste du SSF4 maybe je vais etre la les mercredi

kr3wman

Smash Master
This week it's thursday (Today).

Cette semaine c'est aujourd'hui (Jeudi)

BB is saturdays I think.

Almost every week it's wednesdays but if someone wants it another day we can always change it.

kr3wman

Smash Master
im bringing wii with melee/brawl/brawl- and a nintendo 64 with, well, smash 64.

****ty controllers tho.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yo guys !

A french Smasher is actually in montreal for few days ( he's leaving the 23rd december )
And he wants to play/go to a smashfest in montreal
Can you help him out ?

his nickname is Clem_J , ( falco main ^^ )
you can add him on facebook " Clément Joye "
or pm me if you're interessed

Thanks

EDIT : He plays only melee
( and he's pretty good , you'll see ^^' )
yeaaaah. I'll try to go the next two weeks.

EDIT : I'll be there today as well.

kr3wman

Smash Master
as far as I know, nobody wants to do one.

because as far as i know people who play this game in montreal don't post here anymore cause they're all busy doing something else or are too cool to post here.

try pm'ing kage/pkmvodka/vwins/bam or something.

Or hope, really really hard, that next week people are going to show up at the weekly. Because as far as I know, nobody went there yesterday and the last two weeks.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Like Krewman said, PKM/Kage/BAM/Vwins sometimes play together, at Vwins' place though...

Or you can ask me, sure I'm not as good as these four guys, but I'm always down to Smash with new people!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's also secret fests amongst the CC group that do stuff together at times however I do not know the details because I never get invited. lol.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's a little bit of their fault, some people in this group are afraid to lose, yet afraid to improve somehow....

Their argument is: We won't invite them if they don't invite us!

Personnally, I'd like to see some pros at their smashfests sometimes... I haven't played anyone good in a while (except Bam last week), and I'm motivated as hell these days, I just have nobody to play with it seems.

I guess nobody invites me anymore because I rage too much, but damn, I'm working hard on that, just understand this.... If I say I'm working hard on not raging doesn't mean I will never rage again, so don't flame me when it happens :(

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's not what I heard, I heard them say they want new people to come in the melee scene and they dont want top players scare them. Which is kinda bull****, because lesser skilled players should seek their masters if they want to improve, that's just how it works. When you want something you go for it, it won't come to you. I did the same thing back in the day, they should do the same.

So them saying that is basically a recipe to stay scrubs for their rest of their lives. Everyone is not trying hard enough, that's what I see from what you are saying and everyone else.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You're only as good as your competition.
Exactly, if you have nothing else to look forward to then.. youll stay stuck at a certain level. I guess it all depends on what people want too... like is it the road to the top.. or simply just random competition for example?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Melee is getting older, people are getting older. Every year, there are less people who would actually want to become good at Melee, especially when facing a top player and realizing how futile it is. What Melee actually needs is more intermediate players to act as stepping stones to get good, and the amount of those we have now are declining.

I'd like to play some, but I'm broke as **** and have way too much schoolwork to keep up with.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Melee is getting older, people are getting older. Every year, there are less people who would actually want to become good at Melee, especially when facing a top player and realizing how futile it is. What Melee actually needs is more intermediate players to act as stepping stones to get good, and the amount of those we have now are declining.

I'd like to play some, but I'm broke as **** and have way too much schoolwork to keep up with.
Well the CC fests seems to work on that note. I went to pikalex tourney and it was pretty fun to see... Seeing Pest get ***** loll!! =D

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I love getting ***** :).

I mean, as for me, I don't have any goal like becoming a super competitive player. I play melee because I literally feel it's one of the best games ever made. It's a perfect blend of fun and competition. Personally I think the fact that someone that has been playing for 4 years is almost completely unbeatable for someone having played for 1 is a good thing. That's the way it should be!

As far as saying you're only as good as your competition. This in general, I agree with. There are some extreme exceptions though. Some people just naturally "get" it more than others. I know this guy Gage in Florida who literally has always played with people worse than me. Yet, somehow, he's a ****ing monster, how is this possible? You can get much better than people around you, it is doable. To those who say there is no natural ability involved, you are wrong.

By the way, I haven't really been to weeklies recently due to a combination of school and SC2.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Seeing Pest get *****?! I thought he was better thant anybody who attend to CC fests.
He's not that good in teams. Instead of helping or carrying his teamate, he kicks his *** lol. We've been trying to tell them to stop hitting your own teamate for 2 years now.. maybe he'll understand soon.. or not.. lol. Which is why he did not win 2v2 when I saw it in Pikalex tournament, pretty funny still.

Top Bottom