• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Stage DLC: Release #1

Latias

Smash Journeyman
frozen, what i meant was distant planet is legal in some regions :d

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, give me some actual tourney lists and i'll believe you.

its banned on the east cost, my west coast contacts assure me its banned, mid west also doesn't allow it. actual data, guy, not guesses.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
They only allow ridiculous stages like that in Texas. Because everything is bigger in Texas. Even stage lists.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
yeah, give me some actual tourney lists and i'll believe you.

its banned on the east cost, my west coast contacts assure me its banned, mid west also doesn't allow it. actual data, guy, not guesses.
im south west :|

Heres the official smash back room release on legal stages.

Counter-pick/Banned

* Distant Planet
* Green Greens (Melee)
* Hanenbow (for doubles matches)
* Luigi's Mansion
* Norfair
* Port Town Aero Dive

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1) that wiki article has PS2 as a legal CP.

2) that topic has a list that hasn't been updated since april 2009.

get me a link.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
1) that wiki article has PS2 as a legal CP.

2) that topic has a list that hasn't been updated since april 2009.

get me a link.
It is the most current, just like the tier list, nothing is current as of this instant :|
and hold on.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
actually, i have a better response than even that:

2008, 2008, 2009.

get me links to tourneys from this year (you've had 6 months so far for a tourney that has it as a legal stage, especially considering its legal "everywhere").

please, try to exert some mental effort when making points.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Just some things my friend and I noticed when playing (exclusively) on the new stages, some of which has already been mentioned, but I wanted to note it anyway:

SSE:Forest: camera is too zoomed in, boundaries are also a little big on the sides (little to no DI, 100~%, G&W, hit with Zelda Fair from middle of the stage and didn't die), the angle of the main platform kind of ruins some edgeguarding moves (G&W's dash hit back onto the the platform, though this isn't a big issue).

Mario Replacement: incredibly fun! the sloped ramp has some awesome tricks with it (wavedashing up it = sex; run at it, do a fair near the top of the ramp and push directly into the ramp, you slide a looooong way), the little island is a little stall-enabling (if it was a little wider or lower to the ground, it wouldn't be as hard to get to someone standing up there), there's one post on the island that has a broken graphic

(I forget which stage this replaced, or what it was called) The one with the four platforms: has an awkward angle of the camera (not terrible, but a little weird to look from)

GreenGreens: love this one too, very pretty. bombs still spawn (seemed if the stage started with a bomb, they would spawn new ones)

I was wondering if it was intentional to have so many walls on these stages (since the floating blocks were intended)? Makes for some really strong defense when you put your back to one.

And I can't really express how much fun the Mario rep is. The ramp makes battle so much more interesting and fast (using sliding tricks). I love it so much, I would support just putting it into every stage lol :p

Latias

Smash Journeyman
actually, i have a better response than even that:

2008, 2008, 2009.

get me links to tourneys from this year (you've had 6 months so far for a tourney that has it as a legal stage, especially considering its legal "everywhere").

please, try to exert some mental effort when making points.
You didnt ask for 2010, did you? be more specific.
edit1:
but heres april 2010. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9199

no more johns. face that its viable :)
edit2: not enough?
http://crazyamazingleague.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1002
http://www.crazyamazingleague.com/Forum/archive/index.php/t-926.html

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lol candy prize...

and those second 2 have it under banned. double check your links.

anyway, i've grown weary of this, so i'll pull out my first ace:
its an optional download for B+. distant planet is banned in B+. for everyone else, you simply don't have to put the file on your sd card if you don't want to. if its that hard to figure out that if you're going to a tourney that has a stage you've replaced viable, then maybe you should reconsider attending said event in the first place as you more than likely won't be in long enough for it to matter.

as far as the legality of the stage is concerned, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who will agree with you that is legal for several reasons, least of which is the blatant walk off on the left that makes it a D3/Falco killing ground in vbrawl.

now, please, stop making yourself look like a moron, and quit *****ing about free stuff.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
lol candy prize...

and those second 2 have it under banned. double check your links.

anyway, i've grown weary of this, so i'll pull out my first ace:
its an optional download for B+. distant planet is banned in B+. for everyone else, you simply don't have to put the file on your sd card if you don't want to. if its that hard to figure out that if you're going to a tourney that has a stage you've replaced viable, then maybe you should reconsider attending said event in the first place as you more than likely won't be in long enough for it to matter.

as far as the legality of the stage is concerned, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who will agree with you that is legal for several reasons, least of which is the blatant walk off on the left that makes it a D3/Falco killing ground in vbrawl.

now, please, stop making yourself look like a moron, and quit *****ing about free stuff.
its under counterpick/banned, with delfino etc. banned is a seperate category.

and im not the one looking like a moron, but if you want to stop thats fine.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That is a really sad excuse for "evidence" you dug up. Find a recent, real tourney where it's legal (>10 entrants and not on some bogus non-competitive website) and I'll give you a cookie.

If you can't go to the Smashboards Tourney Results forum and find anything with it legal on the first page, it's safe to assume it's not legal anywhere that matters.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
on fourside/npc: saucer has summit slide effects. when you reverse direction near edge you get stuck (can cancel with jump though).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
on fourside/npc: saucer has summit slide effects. when you reverse direction near edge you get stuck (can cancel with jump though).
it was like that in melee too.

edit: and no, distant planet is not in counter/banned. just banned. on both of those sites. learn to read.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
That is a really sad excuse for "evidence" you dug up. Find a recent, real tourney where it's legal (>10 entrants and not on some bogus non-competitive website) and I'll give you a cookie.

If you can't go to the Smashboards Tourney Results forum and find anything with it legal on the first page, it's safe to assume it's not legal anywhere that matters.
major bias much?

SpectreXS

Smash Cadet
one question: can I use any of these stages on mario circuit/onett? like, if I just rename the .rel and .pac files it will be OK?

SpectreXS

Smash Cadet
but is there another way (like switching .rels) to make it work? I have a program that switch the .rel stages, but I think it doesn't work properly >_<

edit: well, I think that worked out :D, sorry for bothering you guys D:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yes. if you get a new rel for FD -> Mario Circuit, then you should be able to just rename the pac and it should work.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but on the Mario replacement stage, if you throw an item straight up when directly centered underneath the block, you can make them land on the top of the block. Same goes with people getting hit, you pop up on the ground on top.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
that is new, actually. i haven't seen that occur outside of a test stage i made a while back. can you get a vid up so i can see? even a replay file with your gct would be fine.

Mario Orchestra

Smash Apprentice
Apparently it works without being hit as well. I just jumped through the platform.

Here's the replay and gct I have for it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hx4j3j4d2l1v69c
http://www.mediafire.com/?lz4sb9utz77v4z6
Wait so are these added onto/extra DLC content that I can use with the original DLC posted at first? Or must I use them separately? Or are these new mediafire links you posted still part of the DLC stage #1 link? what about using them in conjunction with one of the brawl hacks? Can I use them along with them or must I use them separately? I stick them in my private folder.

Top Bottom