• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
[goes to JPN, Burns gown Nintendo building and shouts you must recover]

discalimer: this is not a serious post, don't want the FBI at my doors lol.

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
Guys quite your bawling Nintendo is still a great company they actually have original chracters they created them selves Microsoft's characters were all created by another third party company, plus delays may be the descision wheter this game is awesome or not look at melee they rushed and what did we get tons of clones.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Not sure why the Japan release is delayed one week and the American release is delayed an entire month. Translation wouldn't really be the issue here since it's not like they're starting on it just now. The only thing that would kind of make sense would be expected product shortages, but even that's not really plausible.

The Pimp

Smash Cadet
Not sure why the Japan release is delayed one week and the American release is delayed an entire month. Translation wouldn't really be the issue here since it's not like they're starting on it just now. The only thing that would kind of make sense would be expected product shortages, but even that's not really plausible.
yea even if they need to make more copies it even that would take too long. Plus I think others would rather have the game come out and wait for new shipments instead of waiting even longer just to get to that point with slightly less waiting for some.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
They should at the very least give us a reason. Wow another month of waiting. Its like waiting for a true love. Which never comes.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
They're not delaying to add more stuff. They're delaying cause they're printing more copies. :D
Oh yah sure, "I'm sorry, but we're delaying it an entire month because we're going to take all of this time to print these copies whereas Japan will get it an entire month earlier. I hope you're happy. And remember, AMERICANS STINK!" Do you think that's why? Seriously though?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
My thread about this got deleted, so I'll continue to vent by posting it here

Since Japan only geta a week delay and we get a whole month, that means they get all that time we're waiting to get super crazy good at the game, so they can just pwn us Americans.

I bet that's what this whole delay is about, because the Japanese are afraid of US, and feel he need to kick our @$$es in video games. They must have figured a half a month was too short to get prepared to beat us, so they're like, "Heh heh let's make the Americans wait a whole month after we get it so we can pwnz all of them at online play, and so they think nothing is suspicious, we'll give Japan a delay as well, but it will only be a week, we can do a week. We'll show those Americans who's the best a Smash Bros. Pride to Japan" or something like that.

We better get an exclusive character or level, or something to compensate us for our longer delay.

Since Japan only geta a week delay and we get a whole month, that means they get all that time we're waiting to get super crazy good at the game, so they can just pwn us Americans.

I bet that's what this whole delay is about, because the Japanese are afraid of US, and feel he need to kick our @$$es in video games. They must have figured a half a month was too short to get prepared to beat us, so they're like, "Heh heh let's make the Americans wait a whole month after we get it so we can pwnz all of them at online play, and so they think nothing is suspicious, we'll give Japan a delay as well, but it will only be a week, we can do a week. We'll show those Americans who's the best a Smash Bros. Pride to Japan" or something like that.

We better get an exclusive character or level, or something to compensate us for our longer delay.
Dumb quote of the week material right here.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way

I hope you're kidding o_O

Just FYI, Europe and Australia gets the game even later and I'm 100% sure they won't get any exclusive content.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
There are many possible reasons why the game would delayed for a week in Japan and a month in America.

-Translations issues
-Stocking up on copies to prevent selling out
-Fixes any bugs that might be present in the US version of the game that aren't present in the Japanese version.
-US specific additions (yea right)

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
We won't get anything extra. Japan might but we won't. When is somebody gonna put a stop to these delays? Over 2 years and they can't get this act straight? No excuse. As far I'm concerned this game doesn't even exist.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman

You need to wait a week or two longer and all you can do is whine about it and expect exclusive content?

Not only is it impossible since to play it over WiFi it needs to be the same version in every region.

But also... by that logic, Europe and Australia would have twice the content as Japan, right?

Don't be such a fool and take it like a man and shut up.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
There are many possible reasons why the game would delayed for a week in Japan and a month in America.

-Translations issues
-Stocking up on copies to prevent selling out
-Fixes any bugs that might be present in the US version of the game that aren't present in the Japanese version.
-US specific additions (yea right)
I swear, I don't think they wanna pwn us, they just hate us. Why a month? :cry: It could've been 2 weeks, heck even 3 weeks, but a month?! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

At least I don't whine continously. What do you prefer useless whining or laughing? Take your pick.
Whining.

Because I didn't laugh or poke fun at NoE's stupid way of doing things. I have Euro friends. I'm pissed off that I won't be able to play with them online for months. I've even tried to help them get American Wiis and import and such.

And you have the ****ing nerve to laugh at US!? People like you piss me off.

:034:

Smash Hero
Y'know, it's story time.

I know a person. He's going on a mission for the Mormon Church, leaving on March 5th. He'll be gone for two years. He was excited about this game, VERY excited. He lives in America, so he'd get to play it for a month, then leave.

The new release date made it so that he can't play the game until 2010.

He didn't complain. He said he was still excited for this game, and that when he came back, the satisfaction he got from it would be insane. He'll patiently wait TWO YEARS to play this game, without a single complaint.

And yet you're all here, complaining about having to wait less than a month extra.

Dare to compare.

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman
I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.
So much for patience..
Come on people ! Haven´t you learned to wait and to be dissapointed?
YA´LL MUST RECOVER!

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Oh yah sure, "I'm sorry, but we're delaying it an entire month because we're going to take all of this time to print these copies whereas Japan will get it an entire month earlier. I hope you're happy. And remember, AMERICANS STINK!" Do you think that's why? Seriously though?
As ****ed up as it is, it's probably the whole marketing scheme of whoever the hell does it. Maybe Nintendo thinks this will be the Halo 3 for the Wii, and they next high stocks for easy $$$. ****ting on the fans is just their way of saying "you're welcome".

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, it's story time.

I know a person. He's going on a mission for the Mormon Church, leaving on March 5th. He'll be gone for two years. He was excited about this game, VERY excited. He lives in America, so he'd get to play it for a month, then leave.

He didn't complain. He said he was still excited for this game, and that when he came back, the satisfaction he got from it would be insane. He'll patiently wait TWO YEARS to play this game, without a single complaint.

And yet you're all here, complaining about having to wait less than a month extra.

Dare to compare.
A situation he chose to be in versus a situation no one chose to be in is quite incomparable at its basis.

Disco Boy

Smash Rookie
Does anyone remember in Melee how a few things had to be changed in localization? I believe the motion sensor bomb, cloaking device, and a few trophies or something like that. Perhaps the longer delay for America is because there are many things like that. Doesn't make sense but it's possible.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i think we all know who to blame for this.....

dammit **** cheney, youve done it again.

THE PENGUIN STRIKES!

Y'know, it's story time.

Dare to compare.
Okay?

Has he been forced to do this? No. He did it of his own free will.

And I'm not saying whining is good, but the taunting when I've been as pissed as I have been for the PALerized population, trying to help ease their pain, and trying to feel it with them, then at the first chance of an American delay, some douche makes a whole ****ing thread about how much he is enjoying the American smashers' pain, it really REALLY pisses me off.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Well, it is something to wonder about, I must say... but I see "business" for some reason. What other games are coming out in Feb. that they wanted to avoid?
Nothing? Absolutely nothing...

Are there any March games for other systems that Nintendo would love to spite? :chuckle:

some douche makes a whole ****ing thread about how much he is enjoying the American smashers' pain, it really REALLY pisses me off.
Yeah, none of us like it, but what can you do?

TAUNT HIM SOME MORE! :3

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, you should thank the people that wanted Ryan Drummond to do the voice of Sonic. You bugged Nintendo for over a month to get him in, and you got him. Now they have to take a MONTH to take out the other guy's voice and replace it with Ryan's. Congratulations. Are you happy now?

This was all a joke, of course.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i can deal with this

the good thing is the timing of this new launch, its right before easter holidays, so everyone can smash without losing their jobs or making bad grades

at least its only a month delay, they could have pulled a 2 month delay like they did before, look for the silver lining fellas

:034:

Smash Hero
Tatsuman said:
Whining.

Because I didn't laugh or poke fun at NoE's stupid way of doing things. I have Euro friends. I'm pissed off that I won't be able to play with them online for months. I've even tried to help them get American Wiis and import and such.

And you have the ****ing nerve to laugh at US!? People like you piss me off.
Oh you big man. I have American friends, I laugh at them as well! Yes, I HAVE the nerve to laugh at the US. You're pissed that ONE person is laughing at the US. Well, I'm pissed that... Can I have a good guess? Over a hundred people are whining? While honestly, what? You have to wait an extra month - big deal. I want the game just as much as you do, but the way people are reacting is just ridiculous.

Okay?

Has he been forced to do this? No. He did it of his own free will.
It's a COMPARISON. He can easily wait for two years, yet tons of people here can't. Stop whining and deal with it.

Top Bottom