• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

As of now, it IS Feb 10th. Not sure what the deal was there. It could be thing to come or a mistake. The Japanese date is still Jan 31st so take it as it is for now.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
i can deal with this
That's wonderful. :urg:

the good thing is the timing of this new launch, its right before easter holidays, so everyone can smash without losing their jobs or making bad grades
The date is really close to midterms. Talk about bad grades for the college kids now. :urg: :urg:

at least its only a month delay, they could have pulled a 2 month delay like they did before, look for the silver lining fellas
:urg: I guess...but most of us want it now, since this is probably the only game worth looking forward to in a while. :urg: Unless you own a different game system.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Well, you should thank the people that wanted Ryan Drummond to do the voice of Sonic. You bugged Nintendo for over a month to get him in, and you got him. Now they have to take a MONTH to take out the other guy's voice and replace it with Ryan's. Congratulations. Are you happy now?

This was all a joke, of course.
meh I know it was a joke, but just a point... deleting sound clips, and voice recording takes a minimal amount of time in the process, while a large chunk is spent in animation of the character meshes. Those of kirby probably take little time, and characters like bowser probably take a bit more time.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Don't know how that's happening for you, SmashChu, but it's definitely March 9th now...

Baconater

Smash Cadet
**** **** ****** ****** **** **** **** ****ing ****ers I'll ****ing intern that **** *** son of a *****. We just went from 25 days, to 53 ****ing days. ******* **** honestly what the ****. I'm so pissed, I had a countdown going. So what happens if you ****ing preo-ordered? Do you get your **** money back, or is it just a ****ing breach of contract by whoever you ordered it from and you'll get it later. Sakurai you gave us your word you little **** bag **** **** ****ing ******. You're getting so much ****ing hate mail you **** *** ***** mother ******. Gonna go ninja flame on your ***.

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
I think I speak for everyone when I say:

RAWR... rabble rabble rarzzy... GRRRR umpy-dumpy grarses! RAHHHH err... grrr hmph... RAAAA.

Y'know, it's story time.

I know a person. He's going on a mission for the Mormon Church, leaving on March 5th. He'll be gone for two years. He was excited about this game, VERY excited. He lives in America, so he'd get to play it for a month, then leave.

The new release date made it so that he can't play the game until 2010.

He didn't complain. He said he was still excited for this game, and that when he came back, the satisfaction he got from it would be insane. He'll patiently wait TWO YEARS to play this game, without a single complaint.

And yet you're all here, complaining about having to wait less than a month extra.

Dare to compare.
I always thought morons...*cough* (excuse me)...MORMONS weren't allowed to play video games on the basis that they are indeed the devil incarnate...?

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
**** **** ****** ****** **** **** **** ****ing ****ers I'll ****ing intern that **** *** son of a *****. We just went from 25 days, to 53 ****ing days. ******* **** honestly what the ****. I'm so pissed, I had a countdown going. So what happens if you ****ing preo-ordered? Do you get your **** money back, or is it just a ****ing breach of contract by whoever you ordered it from and you'll get it later. Sakurai you gave us your word you little **** bag **** **** ****ing ******. You're getting so much ****ing hate mail you **** *** ***** mother ******. Gonna go ninja flame on your ***.
LOL:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm still gonna destroy japan for this.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
i think that nintendo is adding some more stuff. and i'm happy with that.
THEY ARE NOT ADDING NEW STUFF DAMMIT!

Why think that? IMO, it's so just a translation and marketing thing for America, and just some more printing for Japan. How much can they add to a game that's probably already gone gold? And if they did, how much could they add in like a week?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
meh I know it was a joke, but just a point... deleting sound clips, and voice recording takes a minimal amount of time in the process, while a large chunk is spent in animation of the character meshes. Those of kirby probably take little time, and characters like bowser probably take a bit more time.
I know that. lol. At least you knew it was a joke.

If it's anything like digital music, replacing sound bits shouldn't take more than a day's worth of time. lol.

Rash

Smash Ace
This game wasn't delayed to add extra content. That's what the previous delay was for.

Moving the date up this time is for a completely different reason. Think about it, why would Japan's date only move up a week if they were actually adding content to the game?

Obviously, there's an explanation out there that's ever so evasive. But, I think we should be allowed to know what it is, just for some closure on this whole delay deal. I don't know why they'd delay the game for distribution reasons only. Maybe that was the case for Japan's release. But, for the U.S. it would probably be about localization, even though the game looks as complete in English as it is in Japanese.

I won't complain too much, even though I'm angry. However, I would just like to hear a decent reason why the game was delayed, as I know Nintendo's already played the "not to conflict with Mario Galaxy" and "smash perfection program" cards.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I wish people would stop telling me to be grateful. Yes, I *know* the game will be better for the delay. That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. :/

Oh you big man. I have American friends, I laugh at them as well! Yes, I HAVE the nerve to laugh at the US. You're pissed that ONE person is laughing at the US. Well, I'm pissed that... Can I have a good guess? Over a hundred people are whining? While honestly, what? You have to wait an extra month - big deal. I want the game just as much as you do, but the way people are reacting is just ridiculous.
Then you're a ****.

I'm pissed that anyone that takes so much pleasure in this. You just happened to show yourself first. Congrats.

Oh, I don't think you do want this as much as me, or we wouldn't be having this argument.
It's a COMPARISON. He can easily wait for two years, yet tons of people here can't. Stop whining and deal with it.
Stupid comparison. "I'm going to go without Brawl" is MUCH different than "You're going to wait another month after being so close. You have no say in this, it's going to happen".

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Well... the delay sucks... at least I will have info to drool over in two weeks though so I can at least learn more about Brawl.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
I know that. lol. At least you knew it was a joke.

If it's anything like digital music, replacing sound bits shouldn't take more than a day's worth of time. lol.
Voice recording might take a few hours for sonic, but the actual changing of the sound files could be done in a few minutes, though I don't know much about the smash engine.

Baconater

Smash Cadet
They are changing something about the game, not just printing more copies. Note the fact that the ESRB rating is back to TBD. I guess somethings changing since you don't throw money at the ESRB for marketing reasons

Zodiac

Smash Master
I dont care anymore, Im no longer looking forward to brawl and Im playing Ps Effing 2 for the next two months and completly stopping smash until brawl comes out, EFF THIS CRAP.

:034:

Smash Hero
Then you're a ****.

I'm pissed that anyone that takes so much pleasure in this. You just happened to show yourself first. Congrats.

Oh, I don't think you do want this as much as me, or we wouldn't be having this argument.
Cry moar, amerikid.

Your useless tears are delicious.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
BTW, that's not the ESRB rating. That the marketing price. I don't know why it's not up yet. Probably going to be $50 like every other Nintendo Wii game.

Yeah, I know it was Teen... but it was never on the site. lol.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Well, there is one good thing about the delay for me, my report card would have came out around the 10th, and i would probably be grounded anyways, at least we will be able to watch all the Japan vids beforehand. Well, lets just say I am not half as p***** as when it was delayed last time, I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Top Bottom