• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

TheAmazingMio

Smash Rookie
Eh, i was thinking about posting another
"This sucks. I hate life." post, but i guess you guys took care of that for me

Sakurai wanted to reveal all the characters on the dojo before release right?
(or so i remember >_>)
So, maybe it's the extend the Dojo updates so that we get the characters before the game comes out?

Stupid idea, i know, but it makes sense...somewhat >_>

El HP

Smash Ace
**** you nintendo what a great way to kill the hype now i'm more hyped for Advance Wars Days of Ruin a great game that doesn't need to be delayed.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Hey, did you guys notice how the first delay was sugar coated with Sonic and pretty much a big "we are sorry" from the Sora staff AND the inclusion of Sonic in the demo? This time it was more of a "eh, sorry."

Its kind of funny actually.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
seriously this makes me mad, I am tired of waiting for this game expecially after nintendo assured us that Feb.10 was still the realease date when they new good and well that the game is going to be delayed. you can't tell me that they did not know about it becuse the distrubuters got the info from somewhere. To think about it has all big name titles got delayed in JPN like Galaxy, LOZ, and know this come on.

NINTENDO STOP DELAYING YOUR GAMES

/venting

M.K

Level 55
I'm thinking they are biting off more then there fat, overpaid mouths can handle, and I hope they choke on the god-****ed remains of the profits they "need". A week, or a month, or a year, or waffles can't help them now. Anyone who is anyone knows about this game already, and they just made a fatal error with shipping and handling!

Ironic, my new Dell Laptop was delayed a week >_<

Rash

Smash Ace
I really want to know what kind of localization issues they're having in order to delay the U.S. version so much and the Japan one so little.

This puts Brawl at the end of my Spring Break. Which sucks. I wanted to play it all through February and over Spring Break.

The game better be mindblowingly amazing after this.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
You guys are being jerks. They wouldn't delay it for no reason. Just get another game and wait it out.

If for any reason I EVER get access to the debug menu on Brawl, and the last changes are not ridiculously close to March, there will be blood.

I am so pissed off right now.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this is real bad buisness for Nintendo I would not mind if we only got a week like JPN but we get a month,

R.I.P
HYPE

death
2-15-07

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Just get another game and wait it out.
What sucks is that all of my hype is going towards this game, so any other game I try to play to "fill the void" doesn't work, as I quickly lose interest in that game, lol. That's the problem with looking forward to something, I guess.

M.K

Level 55
I tried playing Pikmin 2, but the **** Memory Card kept erasing my file *_* I bet ITS waiting for Brawl too!

NukeA6

Smash Master
All of Nintendo's games get much delay. Let's just hope Brawl does release in Japan at the 31st. When that happens, the game will be out at March 9.

I'm glad it's still at Sunday. I just hope they're more Wiis before that day.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
And some Americans complained about the Europeans whining... We suddenly got like 20 topics about the new release.

Anyway, I feel sorry for you guys. You were so near... This probably means that we (Europeans) will get the game a tad later as well.

M.K

Level 55
All of Nintendo's games get much delay. Let's just hope Brawl does release in Japan at the 31st. When that happens, the game will be out at March 9.

I'm glad it's still at Sunday. I just hope they're more Wiis before that day.
Hmm, I don't think that concretes anything, Nintendo is so unpredictable right now *_*

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Recoding and translating: It clearly only takes one day, especially for a game THIS size.

I'm sorry y'all, but yerr getting working up for NOTHING. You should have known this was coming a mile away. I'm just as disappointed, but would you rather have an awesome game that is fully translated, for an awesome game with "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO SAKURAI."

Oh and, kids, quit pretending you know how to make a Video game. It's more then just saying "LULZ I HAS IDEAZ"

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Waited patiently for so long and it gets delayed another month.... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :burst:

And then to top it all off, Japan only gets a weeks delay, so by the time we get the game, they will all be pwning us at online play, it's just ridiculous they can't get it here sooner to US.

The only thing keeping me sane at the moment is that now with the delay, I'll actually have cash to purchase it, and I won't be broke ><

:034:

Smash Hero
*looks at the top of the DOJO*

..Aha.. Ha... HAHAHAHA!

Haha...

Okay...

Ehe... Haha...

Lemme relax-- HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ha....

Okay, I'm goo-- HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

Hahaa...

NukeA6

Smash Master
Hmm, I don't think that concretes anything, Nintendo is so unpredictable right now *_*
I am 100% sure that the game will be released at March 9 (or earlier if we're lucky) in the States if it is released in Japan at January 31. I'll bet my membership here.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
AGAIN?!?!?!??! This game better have some really interesting add-ons to keep it as great as it is and live up to its hype. No wonder they were getting people's hope up, THEY WERE GOING TO DELAY THE GAME!!! BAD ACT NINTENDO, BAD ACT NINTENDO, BAAAAD ACT NINTENDOOOO!!!! I might as well do what's in my sig now!

M.K

Level 55
Ooh, I have an idea!

Someone translate the DOJO Japanese Release Date Notice! See what it says!

Probably something like this:

"Sorry guys, we had to add 230 Japan-exclusive characters. I'll cut off all my fingers though, so please just wait a week longer. At least you aren't the SMELLY Americans, they THINK they are getting the game, but they ARENT! LOZ AROUND!"

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
I dont know how the hype is gone...Im just as excited as I was before the delay! Hey, this means a couple more updates at least ( I was really going to miss the updates).

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Why? Why does he have to torture us for a whole other month while the Japanese get it legends before us? Well, time to do what's in my sig.
weeeee filler space
v

The Pimp

Smash Cadet
We don't really need everything translated. Look at Marth's taunts in melee. All they need translated are the names, and the stupid stuff that the announcer guy says.

kingjoekur

Smash Apprentice
this is bull****, i cant beleieve japanese release is for only a week. we need to do something, like a petition or something. this is a bad way to run a business, nintendo and sakurai are the worst.....

Grand Master Boo

Smash Rookie
man... i had a launch party set up and everything.. i guess we'll sit around and look at each other hopelessly.. thank you nintendo!

ah, but seriously, we mustn't lose faith now, the super smash bros series has produced two of the greatest games nintendo has ever sold. who are we to judge how long they need? i say if it is to create a more concrete work of artistic genius, then let em take as long as they need.

here's one good thing, if there's anyone who was stressing about being able to preorder due to lack of funds, they have an extra month! and with an extra month comes more speculation about who might be in the game.. why ruin all of this fun by giving us the game and telling us everything?

just be patient. noone's got a "leak" on the game, there isn't a downloadable version of it floating around somewhere on the net, and there isn't a time machine in existance. we've made it this far, don't lose faith!

edracon

Smash Cadet
whats with these delays! AT LEAST GIVE A REASON WITH THE DELAY! "delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl" doesn't tell us anything, WHAT WAS THE DELAY IN COMPLETION, WHAT CAUSED IT?!?

Top Bottom