• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl rated T for Teen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BossTakhar

Smash Rookie
Snake's infatuation with Samus is probably the reason for the 'Crude Humour' tag, lol

mario66

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't be surprised. Snake's codec conversation on ZS Samus alone...Shoot, SNAKE alone.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Melee was T also, whats the big deal? And that's the official boxart, not fake.

Crude humor I suppose refers to Wario...

SonicMario

Smash Master
eh... Not valid. There are some sites you can trust, and some you sometimes an't This is one of those times you can't. If Brawl is T for Teen, how come the case still says: RP for rating pending. Unless this was on the Official Nintendo Website, it just isn't that exact rating. And personally, Brawl will be more likely E10+. Because of the new rating, we have more split between what makes a game E or T. Melee was Teen because it was considered too violent to be E. If they had the E10+ rating then, you could bet your left butt cheek tha it would be E10+. Teen is now considerably more violent and have occasional swearing. (Even though Sega's Shadow the Hedgehog may be an exception >_>) So unless Brawl suddenly gets an update that says Blood, or one of the characters swear during battle or in a cutscene in the story mode. Brawl's headed to the E10+ area.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
"Crude Humor" isn't Snake, it's Wario! Sanke's CODEC convo with Samus would be "Sexual Themes."

Crude Humor — Depictions or dialogue involving vulgar antics, including "bathroom humor".
Sexual Themes — Mild to moderate sexual references and/or depictions.

Makkers

Smash Cadet
And the point is? Melee was rated T as well.
While this wouldn't mean a thing normally, I can speculate why this can potentially be a huge deal.

You see, Nintendo stated before that their online offerings on certain games is based on the rating. E games (Naturally) would attract a younger audience, resulting in restricted online play. A T rated game, however, may see fewer restrictions, resulting in online modes, options and more that would never see the light of day if it had an E rating.

This is, of course, speculation but one can hope.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Regretably i have to pay attention to those ESRB ratings. The kids at the Boys& girls club will be devastated if the game is teen, because unlike Melee my bosses will pay attention to the rating on a $50 game they buy versus one I just bring into the club.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I never understood why Melee was rated T. There was nothing innapropriate or violent in it.

"Not violent? Its a fighting game!"
Yes, but it is VERY cartoony violence. I've seen worse games that were rated E.

Mama

Smash Ace
I think that would only hurt the kiddies with the parents that wont let them play T rated games no matter what the game involves. I'm 18 so ratings don't matter to me but if your momma or papa wont let you play this game show them videos or something.

T suits the game as well as Melee.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
and the point is? Everybody will be getting this game regardless of what the rating is anyway, so the rating is a mute point.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Melee was rated T. Brawl now has Snake firing rockets, strangling people, etc. I would have been quite surprised to see Brawl be rated E.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
The point is why was it delayed if they already have a game that's in the stage where they can show the ESRB.

Anyway, lol @ people saying the site is not trustworthy.

And if you aren't old enough to play T rated game you also aren't old enough to participate in forums.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
The point is why was it delayed if they already have a game that's in the stage where they can show the ESRB.

And if you aren't old enough to play T rated game you also aren't old enough to participate in forums.
I'm betting they are mostly done with the game, probably just balancing the characters and testing other stuff. They have about 3 months before the Japan game must be gold, just enough time hopefully to finish playtesting and balancing the game and maby finishing any buggy modes that they have in the game, I really doubt that any new content will be created at this point, only tweaks and fixes to existing content.

Really the game is huge so I can see why they want the extra time to finetune the balancing and get rid of any bugs that might still be there.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well it's nothing too surprising, after all they DO have a subspace enemy that stuffs candy in his pants. That's way more creepy than any Silent Hill game will ever be. Think of the kids.

Mama

Smash Ace

Well simply put the only thing after the T rating is the M rating. And I doubt Sakurai is adding a Final Smash for Zero Suit Samus where she sheds the rest of her clothing. Nor do I think Snake will have a grab where he slits someones throat and causes them to leak all over the stage.

On the flip side I don't think he's planning on taking out any crude humor or cartoon violence since few people really strive for the E rating in fighting games. Getting a rating (nowadays,) simply comprises of sending in a tape with the most offensive content and having it judged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom