• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Picks #4: Lucario vs Deoxys

Who is your brawl pick?

• Lucario

Votes: 155 74.9%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 52 25.1%

• Total voters

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
This is the only pokemon poll I'm going to do since the pokemon poll sticky pretty much has this covered but I didn't want to exclude pokemon from this poll series. After some thinking I decided to do: Lucario vs Deoxys.

Deoxys is losing to Lucario in the sticky but maybe we can sway a few opinions in this thread.

Name: Lucario
Series: Pokemon Series
Party: First Party
Role: Pokemon
Details: Lucario is a fourth generation pokemon and a popular one in general. He possesses inner focus so he is able to communicate with telepathy similiarly to Mewtwo. Also like Mewtwo, he is able to unleash energy balls as a method of attack and is regarded as a fighting/steel type pokemon. He would be a fast character with projectile attacks and strong fighting moves in Brawl. Maybe he would have a weak jump or lag to compensate.

Name: Deoxys
Series: Pokemon Series
Party: First Party
Role: Pokemon
Details: Deoxys is a third generation pokemon and another popular one. He is an alien pokemon which separates him from Lucario and other pokemon by making him more mysterious. He has four forms (normal, attack, defense, speed). In Brawl, he would probably cycle through his various forms and have projectile attacks and would also be a fast character. Like Lucario, he would probably have a weak jump and lag to compensate.

I, personally, prefer Deoxys over Lucario. He's more interesting and mysterious because he's an alien pokemon. Also, his four forms make him a very unique character and would distinguish him from the other Brawl characters. The only drawback is he would probably levitate unlike Lucario who would walk and run normally.

Now, vote with your power!

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I agree that Deoxys would be a lot more interesting with the four forms and such. But, Lucario is way more popular around the world (at least I thought so XP) and, like you said, has the ability to walk, unlike Deoxys. I'm sure Lucario would make a great addition with his speed and projectiles, as would Deoxys. I just like Lucario a lot more. :p

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Deoxys is much better, his transformations will make him versatile, and unique. Even if you can't switch transformations, he could transform during different moves.

Lucario is kind of cool but nothing special.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I hate the argument that "such and such character is popular so I'm going to pick that character".

I always go by which character I prefer. Which is what you're supposed to do with this poll.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Lucario, Just because Deoxis is Ugly and in the end turns that he is a good guy...

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I voted Lucario, after seeing:
Poke'mon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, I have a new love for him. :)
His shadow ball move could easily replace Mewtwo's (gulp), and he has a well designed body.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
They BOTH have shadow balls; both Lucario and Deoxys.

Also, I believe Deoxys would be faster than Lucario but Lucario would have better traction. I honestly don't care which one gets in, I'm fine with either.

But there is no denying Deoxys's greatness.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
They BOTH have shadow balls; both Lucario and Deoxys.

Also, I believe Deoxys would be faster than Lucario but Lucario would have better traction. I honestly don't care which one gets in, I'm fine with either.

But there is no denying Deoxys's greatness.
I had no clue. Maybe I should do research on both character before voting.
But still, I'd prefer Lucario.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Darn, this is actually the hardest choice for me yet. They are both good choices IMO, and I'd actually like it if they both got in.

If I had to choose, I'd go for Lucario, just because I prefer him that little bit more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually wouldn't mind both, but I still prefer Mewtwo above them. If either Lucario or Deoxys take Mewtwo's spot I'll be pretty disapointed. I used to show little support to Lucario, but now I find Deoxys a much better choice. He'd be able to switch forms so that'd make him more unique.

But to be realistic here, I think Lucario will make it before Deoxys. He's more recent, and wouldn't neccencarly replace Mewtwo since he's not legendary or a Psychic type. Still, Deoxys gets my vote.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
It's not ahard choice for me, Lucario is the best Pokémon out there (to me anyway, it is my favourite Pokémon), definitely Lucario over Deoxys, I don't even think Deoxys would be at all good for SSBB...

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I picked lucario. Deoxys I think would be odd, and way too much work for just one character.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I picked deoxys, but I think lucario would have some potential. He would be quick, have decent power and jump. He would be light and get knocked off the stage easily, and to make up for his attack range dificiency, he would have aura sphere (you were calling it shadow ball before). I would be interested in playing as him.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be cool if Lucario got in and they gave him a smash B move of Dragon Pulse? I can imagine a small wave of purple-green energy coming out of his hands. XP

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
Lucario is much easier to make into a character imo, the different forms and such is just weird plus Lucario is a fighting type and seems for fit to be in a fighting game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How is Deoxys so mysterious?

Alien + DNA. Done. No mystery to really solve that anyone cares about.

Personally, I would like both to make it in, so that Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh get represented (I also want a Johto Pokemon, but meh).

If I had to choose though, I'd want Lucario to make it. I just like the way it looks.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't agree more, Aura Sphere would be a very suitable B move for it. And Lucario looks much cooler than a weird alien thing called Deoxys, everything abut it including it's name just is kind of lame...but that's just my opinion.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Deoxys should be in it because Brawl should at least have a new legendary pokemon like Mewtwo playable, don't get me wrong I like Lucario it's just that i believe deoxys would be a better addition and perhaps a unique moveset that would be interesting to see

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Lucario's recovery move could be Sky Uppercut which would resemble Marth's dolphin slash only Lucario's fist being marth's bladetip.

And I've saw someone suggest Lucario having the final smash of Focus Blast. That would rock. The screen could become dark and a huge red bomb of energy could float across the screen or something.

I guess I should be posting reasons why Lucario should be in, not moves for him. XP Oh well...

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
I have and always will consider Deoxys a Mewtwo wannabe. Shortsighted and naive I realize, but semi-evil bipedal cat will always win over a pink blob. Ditto is enough...

I chose Lucario mainly for that, but also because out of all the 4th gen pokemon he looks the nicest. Besides, after all the butt he kicked in the movie (suprisingly good; I recommend it), it would be nice to see just what he can do in Brawl. Maybe a Mew-Lucario tag team, green energy blast thing for a final smash?

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I chose Lucario, why? Because as oathblivion said Deoxys is a Mewtwo wannabe IMO. They both look the same alien looking( I know Mewtwo isn't an alien). And with the release of the new pokemon game somebody from the new generation is going to be in brawl.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I like Lucario better but if Deoxys prevents an electric rat character from coming in, I'm good with that.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
If we're going by who I'd personally want in, it's Deoxys all the way. But, if we're going by who is the most logical choice to be in Brawl, then Lucario is the Pokemon, in my opinion.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Rukario(Lucario for all those who go by dubbed names for him) is my choice. Rukario could have many unique moves(B: Aura Sphere, >B: Dragon Pulse, ^B: Sky Uppercut/Bullet Punch and VB: Detect).

Granted, Deoxys is also unique...however, I think he has so many forms he's moveset would be dilluted because of it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@Digifreak: I thought you wanted P.Diddy in Brawl, LMAO!!

Lucario is just waaaayyyy cooler. I had to train him from Egg form to lv 60. He just looks too cool.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Rukario(Lucario for all those who go by dubbed names for him) is my choice. Rukario could have many unique moves(B: Aura Sphere, >B: Dragon Pulse, ^B: Sky Uppercut/Bullet Punch and VB: Detect).

Granted, Deoxys is also unique...however, I think he has so many forms he's moveset would be dilluted because of it.
Actually Stryks thought that each attack and action should trigger one of the four forms for the animation. I and many others agree this is best. I do think having four movesets is cool, but for deoxys to be made, that way cannot be. It would represent it's uberness from the pokemon games very well though.

Rash

Smash Ace
Lucario is actually a fighting Pokemon, which makes him ideal for combat and a logical choice for the Brawl roster. Not only that, but he's very popular and is one of the more unique and better 4th generation Pokemon. It's hard not to get behind it as a prime choice.

At the same time, I personally think that Deoxys is just...cool. He's so mysterious and dark, kind of like Mewtwo but in a different way. It's the kind of Pokemon that has an eerie presence because it seems so heartless, almost like a cybornetic organism. It's not as good of a "fighter" as Lucario, but has its own powers that could make it suitable to enter the ring in SSBB. The multiple forms thing would definitely be a consideration for battle, maybe being alternative via a "costume changing" mechanic rather than an in-battle transformation. The only problem with Deoxys is that it more resembles Mewtwo than any other Pokemon, really, which may not be too great for diversification. That is, unless Mewtwo was removed from SSBB as a playable character.

Tough choice no matter how you slice it.

Top Bottom