• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online Tournament Thread--Registation closed, brackets made!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
If You dissconnect you lose..i'm sorry but after playing madden for so long i'm so tired of dissconnecting...if it's an accident i'm sorry...anyone who is losing will just say "i was coming back but it DC and they knew they did it" but then if a player truly is better than another than he should be able to beat him over and over again because there are no items
I considered that option, but not the losing thing. That's also a good point, but we're not n00bs here, and I'm pretty sure we can accept defeat like good sportsmen/women/alien forms. If you're gonna lose, you should know better than to purposely disconnect. Besides, then we'll all know what a bad sport you are and you won't be truly "welcome" at other tourneys. If that's what the best option is, though, I'll go with it.

@S H: I was wrong. I am truly sorry. You can try darkNES's tournament the day before, as that's truly the first, though.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
well i acciddently deleted all the Pms you sent me so i was going by who posted here 1st and just going down the list as i learned who wasnt going to show...i would say he's like 5th but if u wana play me for that last slot i would have no problem with that

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
well i acciddently deleted all the Pms you sent me so i was going by who posted here 1st and just going down the list as i learned who wasnt going to show...i would say he's like 5th but if u wana play me for that last slot i would have no problem with that
NNNP:

Well, I have to go. Probably see you all tomorrow...I'll do my best to get these brackets worked out, but who knows how I'm gonna get it on the computer...

One huge favor...will you PM anyone who hasn't given you a "hover" name and ask for it? I need to know. Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for all your help.

P.S. You don't necessarily have to do it all tonight.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
This is a really dumb idea.
Don't you guys want to spend time actually becoming skillful at the game before you blindly rush into a tournament?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
registration closed before i even saw this...lame.

when is the Official Third Brawl Online Tournament Thread gonna start?

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Was checking out darkNES's thread, looks like his tournament is actually being held the weekend after this one. It looks like he put a lot of thought and work into his tournament and he is certainly trying to undertake a big event. I'm hoping this tournament will test the waters on a smaller scale and get us a lot of online games in. Looking forward to playing...can't believe we still have awhile to go!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Twiilight before you leave answer me this??
what do you mean by Hover name i'm not too familiar with this wording
A name that will hover above the player's head.

As shown by Sakurai...
"Noodl," "Elbow," etc.

This is a really dumb idea.
Don't you guys want to spend time actually becoming skillful at the game before you blindly rush into a tournament?
Get out. I don't have time for complainers.

You can put me down as a judge as well NNNP
But aren't you...I dunno...participating?

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be an issue to judge and play in the tournament (except judging your own match, obviously). People who are participating are the most likely to actually have an interest in being a judge, seeing as it would make the tournament go faster.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
I don't think people who are playing should be judges...you may watch your next opponent and how he plays and we want everything to be good..no complaints. only reason im a judge and participating bcuz i'm helping twiilight. I WILL NOT JUDGE ANY POTENTIAL OPPONENTS MATCHES

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Final Roster Again

Judges
Twilight Hero
UltimateShinigami
NoNessNoProblem

Final Roster 64 Players

Brawlers
1.Naota21t
2.Dubyah8r
3.Trophyhunter
4.Smash_SuperStar
5.SOKZ
6.Falco400
7.verditude
8.cless-mint
9.luis92
10.Thrull
11.pirkid
12.Novus
13.Attackstorm
14.xIxGummyBearxIx
15.Onichi
16.shizzlee
17.Kitt
18.Mikezor
19.JawHun
20.NoNessNoProblem
21.GreatClayMonkey
22.6th Sense
23.Stace19
24.Gannondorf4ever
25.SYC!
26.TrueBlue23
27.Tutter
28.Chumlord
29.red6170
30.Dyce
31.Luckycharmer
32.Arshen
33.Shadow312
34.ImPulse346
35.Mostalogel
36.SushieManX
37.Maben
38.Supa_Sonic
39.MFZ95
40.Neft
41.MacroFly
42.AsbetosBlatent
43.autobzooty
44.Valaan
45.Icraq
46.Neo-X
47.Meta Sonic64
48.Artist
49.Prince
50.El Raspa
51.Edde
52.FireWater
53.Rominati
54.Dither
55.Jekyll
56.Moon Monkey
57.Crossjeremiah
58.SkarmBliss
59.MetalLuigi
60.00ElF
61.Hoss
62.NDFightingIrish
63.Cynan Machae
64.Ridley22

Maben

Smash Journeyman
What's the point of having a time for the tournament if not everyone is expected to be on? The time to setup the matchups, arrange the matches, get the players (and judge) in a game. Play 2 (or 3) games, and then rinse and repeat. You then have to do this double elimination for EVERY person. That means at the very least, if you get beaten by both of your first opponents and they each win 2 games against you, you've fought 4 games.

Assuming each game takes a minimum of 4-6 minutes of time average (counting setting up the initial game and then playing both games) you are consuming 20-25 minutes of the tournament at a minimum. This is the best case scenario.

There's just no way this is going to be down in a time-efficient manner with 3-7 judges.

Edit:
Let's say you have 7 judges, they can judge 7 matches at a time. You have 32 initial matches to do, which means you have to wait for at least 5 rounds of judging. If each match takes 10 minutes (this is being lenient on time, considering each game has an 8 minute time limit) then the first round (WITH STILL NO ONE ELIMINATED) is going to take 50 minutes. No one else seems to realize this.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
What's the point of having a time for the tournament if not everyone is expected to be on? The time to setup the matchups, arrange the matches, get the players (and judge) in a game. Play 2 (or 3) games, and then rinse and repeat. You then have to do this double elimination for EVERY person. That means at the very least, if you get beaten by both of your first opponents and they each win 2 games against you, you've fought 4 games.

Assuming each game takes a minimum of 4-6 minutes of time average (counting setting up the initial game and then playing both games) you are consuming 20-25 minutes of the tournament at a minimum. This is the best case scenario.

There's just no way this is going to be down in a time-efficient manner with 3-7 judges.

Edit:
Let's say you have 7 judges, they can judge 7 matches at a time. You have 32 initial matches to do, which means you have to wait for at least 5 rounds of judging. If each match takes 10 minutes (this is being lenient on time, considering each game has an 8 minute time limit) then the first round (WITH STILL NO ONE ELIMINATED) is going to take 50 minutes. No one else seems to realize this.
Isn't this Single Elim??

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Info Post!!!

AIM'S
1.NoNessNoProblem(NinersLaw99)
2.Kitt(MYOOGKitt)
3.Neo-X(Eternum12354)
4.Runicwings(Ngamer)(ssbmfoxuser)
5.Rominati(Rmillion1)
6.Crossjeremiah(differen7style)
7.cless-mint(cyke0z)
8.Skarmbliss(CHOMPY621)
9.chumlord(Sirdimos333)
10.icraq(lithium178)
11.Naota21t(rock21t)
12.xIxGummyBearxIx(MitchelTho)
13.Dither(andreik719)
14.Maben(OrangeMatt4)
15.Shizzlee(shizzlee23)
16.AttackStorm(AttackStorm)
17.Impulse346(aznpnoybboy88)
18.Luis98(Mistah Lui)
19.Shadow312(ShadowcatX312)
20.Trueblue23(TrueBlueSmasher)
21.Mikezor(Raijin717)

Hover Names
1.SOKz-SOKz
2.Impulse346-Ender
3.NoNessNoProblem-GmOvr
4.Falco400-Undecided
5.Shizzlee-Shea
6.LuckyCharmer-MattR
7.El Raspa-Raspa
8.Naota21t-Doc$
9.Kitt-Kitt
10.xIxGummyBearxIx-Heat
11.Luis92-Luis
12.Dither-DiDER
13.Maben-Undecided
14.AttackStorm-ATTK
15.UltimateShingimi-Zerk
16.Chumlord-mchum
17.Shadow312-Undecided
18.Clessmint-Cless

Judges
Twilight Hero
UltimateShinigami
NoNessNoProblem
Kitt

Final Roster 64 Players

Brawlers
1.Naota21t
2.Dubyah8r
3.Trophyhunter
4.Smash_SuperStar
5.SOKZ
6.Falco400
7.verditude
8.cless-mint
9.luis92
10.Thrull
11.pirkid
12.Novus
13.Attackstorm
14.xIxGummyBearxIx
15.Onichi
16.shizzlee
17.Kitt
18.Mikezor
19.JawHun
20.NoNessNoProblem
21.GreatClayMonkey
22.6th Sense
23.Stace19
24.Gannondorf4ever
25.SYC!
26.TrueBlue23
27.Tutter
28.Chumlord
29.red6170
30.Dyce
31.Luckycharmer
32.Arshen
33.Shadow312
34.ImPulse346
35.Mostalogel
36.SushieManX
37.Maben
38.Supa_Sonic
39.MFZ95
40.Neft
41.MacroFly
42.AsbetosBlatent
43.autobzooty
44.Valaan
45.Icraq
46.Neo-X
47.Meta Sonic64
48.Artist
49.Prince
50.El Raspa
51.Edde
52.FireWater
53.Rominati
54.Dither
55.Jekyll
56.Moon Monkey
57.Crossjeremiah
58.SkarmBliss
59.MetalLuigi
60.00ElF
61.Hoss
62.NDFightingIrish
63.Cynan Machae
64.Ridley22

Whoever hasn't left me a AIM or Hover name Do So ASAP

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
For judging you should just use spectator mode.... and then state the winner on smashboards.
That would not work- you can not choose what match to watch and it would be a random one

S2

Smash Lord
You realize that by setting this up so early, there are inevitably players who are going to forget or simply not show up.

Expect some players to get a few free rounds out of this.

adam350z

Smash Cadet
whats the point of having 100+ people thats going to mess it up just wait for the 3rd one to come out ill make sure u get a good spot
hey thanks, that'd be great if there was a third, sorry If i sounded mean in my last post I was just wondering why its wasn't a higher amount of people, but it makes sense that it'd be too hard to organize otherwise...actually this many is going to be hard to organize, props to you.
So it'd be great if I could get on the third list already, otherwise I'll just keep a look out for it.
I'm really excited because I never really got into tournament play during melee, so this feels like fresh start for everyone and a great chance to even my odds.

Top Bottom