• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Is it sad I'm thinking of switching avis to another Elsa avi? Since I've had it for a while but I like it so much..
No. It is sad. The question is HOW sad.
So much sad.
omg.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You don't have any flaws, you just need to expand on your game that's all. As you said before all you used the most were 3 moves and I think you should try to implement all your moves. It will give you more options.
I gave you some general tips against my kirby to help give you an idea of what to do in certain situations. But i'm not sure how it will help against someone else's kirby like Zero's or Xad's. Everyone plays differently and you have to adjust.
I have one more question for Fox: Is bair supposed to be hard to land or do I just suck at using it? I almost always sourspot it or miss completely.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
He does have a good flying game but I personally have not learned how to properly air vs air yet. So all I will really do is air dodge or throw out a random move.
You don't need to spike with shine it just makes it really annoying for me to recover if you do it right.
What I do to counter juggling as Kirby is just slowly go to the left or right while staying at a level that makes it impossible for your opponent to jump up and attack you directly below you, then start going down once your opponent is far enough away from you that he can't attack you while putting himself in an awkward situation. If you opponent does try to jump up and attack you directly below you, you can wait for him to miss his aerial then quickly fast fall down, perhaps getting a hit on him on the way down if he's a floaty character.

But that's me.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I forfeit. I'm happy with my 1 K.
Edit: Aww, I was hoping this would be post 13,999...
But... @ XStarWarriorX XStarWarriorX
CONGRATULATIONS ZERO!!!!11!!!!! this took a while so you better appreciate it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

14k is mine!
DAMMIT! :mad: *turns into Taco Dan* THAT K POST SHOULD BELONG TO ME! :demon: NOW I SHALL GO DESTROY EVERYTHING IN MY WAY! *hops into taco bus*

Last edited by a moderator:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I have one more question for Fox: Is bair supposed to be hard to land or do I just suck at using it? I almost always sourspot it or miss completely.
Do you know what RAR is? I'm sure its in the fox boards somewhere, it will help you learn how to land it.

D

Deleted member

Lol hai thur. dun b mad at me....
YOU! *slaps you across the face and pushes you down* YOU TOOK MY K POST! :mad: *takes out knife* YOU'RE GOING TO PAY! :demon:
Edit: ZATCHYYYYYY! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Do you know what RAR is? I'm sure its in the fox boards somewhere, it will help you learn how to land it.
I know what it is, but I'm not sure I'm executing it properly. You dash, turn around, and during the turn around animation you jump and bair. I think that's how it goes.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I know what it is, but I'm not sure I'm executing it properly. You dash, turn around, and during the turn around animation you jump and bair. I think that's how it goes.
Pretty much, it takes your forward momentum and applies it to the back air. I usually do it with a short hop though so its easier to control.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Pretty much, it takes your forward momentum and applies it to the back air. I usually do it with a short hop though so its easier to control.
Wow, thanks for all your critique. This is the first time I've received feedback from another player. I think this will really help me out in the future. Too bad Brawl is about to die...again.

If you still have the patience and time to spare could you tell me what my Zelda did wrong? I know for a fact I sucked with her, but I'm not sure what to change.

Edit: Meanwhile, Dan freaks out :awesome:

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I SD'd in three sets at the start of the respective first matches, at less than 30% in each one. The first time it happened was against a Yoshi, and I did not expect to recover. Cut the stock deficit in less than 30 seconds.

But Yiffy is too much.

That's it exactly. What makes you doubt your execution? (Not sure if you're still talking about the sourspot thing)

Dans avi is 2 gud.
I agree. That is one tasty looking heart attack.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Wow, thanks for all your critique. This is the first time I've received feedback from another player. I think this will really help me out in the future. Too bad Brawl is about to die...again.

If you still have the patience and time to spare could you tell me what my Zelda did wrong? I know for a fact I sucked with her, but I'm not sure what to change.
I'm still learning zelda myself so I can't help you too much there, sorry.
Don't feel bad, Smash 4 is going to play a lot like Brawl so its not like you're wasting the practice.
Watch some youtube videos of fox in tournaments and see what they do differently than you. Make sure you go back and reread advice. And most importantly keep playing!

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739

Edit: Meanwhile, Dan freaks out :awesome:
We still need to play sometime.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I SD'd in three sets at the start of the respective first matches, at less than 30% in each one. The first time it happened was against a Yoshi, and I did not expect to recover. Cut the stock deficit in less than 30 seconds.

But Yiffy is too much.

That's it exactly. What makes you doubt your execution? (Not sure if you're still talking about the sourspot thing)

I agree. That is one tasty looking heart attack.
Well, I feel like I'm not carrying to momentum of the dash. I also whiff it 90% of the time, except on tall characters.
I'm still learning zelda myself so I can't help you too much there, sorry.
Don't feel bad, Smash 4 is going to play a lot like Brawl so its not like you're wasting the practice.
Watch some youtube videos of fox in tournaments and see what they do differently than you. Make sure you go back and reread advice. And most importantly keep playing!
Thanks for the motivation!
We don't know for sure if Smash 4 will play like Brawl yet. I'm hoping it plays like a mix of Brawl and Melee, but not as technical as P:M, if that makes any sense.
We still need to play sometime.
Tomorrow's Friday so that means I'll be free from 5 pm CT to 4 am CT.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, I feel like I'm not carrying to momentum of the dash. I also whiff it 90% of the time, except on tall characters.
I go for it more often on aerial opponents, or to catch them out of an attempt at going aerial. If you're trying to hit a grounded opponent that isn't very tall, try letting yourself fall a bit before initiating the b-air, but don't forget to space it with a retreat (unless you're trying to follow up at lower percents, in which case I'd still advise retreating somewhat, in case it hits a shield).

U here to stay zatch?

If you are, then watch your back. These here parts are dangerous.
Possibry.

>dangerous

I read that as "delicious."

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Someone sure seems confident :demon:
I shall now watch you burn :demon:
well too bad I still got metalbro's....
Flaming spiders :D
GG

I go for it more often on aerial opponents, or to catch them out of an attempt at going aerial. If you're trying to hit a grounded opponent that isn't very tall, try letting yourself fall a bit before initiating the b-air, but don't forget to space it with a retreat (unless you're trying to follow up at lower percents, in which case I'd still advise retreating somewhat, in case it hits a shield).

Possibry.

>dangerous

I like the way you think

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Possibry.

>dangerous

Alright, I'll be sure to try that. Thank you!

Watch out Xad, I have new knowledge to use against you!
jk ill forget all this by tomorrow

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819

Possibry.

>dangerous

Well then..
doom.jpg

Top Bottom