• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl not playable at E3, but release date in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Wasn't E3 closed to the public anyway? I wouldn't be surprise if that's the reason.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I wasn't expecting a demo anyway. Nintendo only gets, what, 60 minutes for a conference? I don't think the press would've gotten any serious Brawl time anyway, and I'm sure they wouldn't've even touched on more than half of the topics we'd want to hear about.

I'm sure we'll still get a juicy trailer, and hopefully that precious release date.

Edit: Even though IGN are kind of idiots, it's good to see this information from something other than a random blog.

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
WTF?
I just saw the following on IGN:
Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Nintendo
Genre: Fighting
Number of Players: 1-4
Release Date:
US: TBA 2007
Japan: December 31, 2007
Europe: September, 2007
MSRP: $59.99

Why should the game be released on September in Europe and on December in Japan?
Strange if a game would be released earlier in Europe Oo

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOU! I kept saying it wouldn't be playable, but the n00bs were like "j00 failz0rz itds gawna mbw playble!1!!!1"

WTF?
I just saw the following on IGN:
Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Nintendo
Genre: Fighting
Number of Players: 1-4
Release Date:
US: TBA 2007
Japan: December 31, 2007
Europe: September, 2007
MSRP: $59.99

Why should the game be released on September in Europe and on December in Japan?
Strange if a game would be released earlier in Europe Oo
It's an estimation. >_>

~rh

Smash Lord
IIRC, I thought the release date in 2007 was already stated a while ago.

Takalth

Smash Ace
They won't make it playable because the developers like to laugh at all of our squabbling over wavedashing. Letting people actually play the game would risk letting us find out the answer.

On a more serious note, no real new info. We'll just have to wait and see if they pull anything new at E3.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
If it was playable everyone would ignore everything else. Thats how awesome it is

The Director

Smash Lord
This is a disturbing turn of events for us Smashoholix.

Having no playable demo is fine...I'll chalk this one up to the re-scaling down to the MinE3, and to possibly give Nintendo's other titles the spotlight. (Mario Kart Wii? Animal Crossing Wii? Wii'll see, I guess...)

Let's just all pray to whatever various Gods we all worship that it's not entirely absent from the show at all.

All I'm looking for is a trailer and a release date...if we don't get those, we're in deep trouble.

Icey

Smash Cadet
Like mentioned before, I wasn't expecting a playable demo in the first place. So just a release date would make me happy :)

Celeus

Smash Rookie
Everything will be fine if they reveal both a new trailer and the release date.

Although I was expecting a demo... *sniff*

Cenedar

Smash Ace
There had still better be SOMETHING for smash there... I can fully imagine this game getting it's own post-E3 event though. Save the demo for that.

I just want a bloody release date that's a little more accurate than "sometime in 2007".

~rh

Smash Lord
Thank God.

One less reason for me to try and go this year.

Perhaps they could have a seperate event for the game.It would make sense.
I guess Sakurai just loves to build up on the hype machine.
I dont even think that you can get in, as I think that this E3 is closed to the public.:(

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
I doubt they'll have a trailer or release date. Either would take coverage away from the games they are going to be showcasing at the event, and, IMO, they'd get no real benefit from doing it there.

Phantom Hourglass had it's US release date announced yesterday, in a press release. They didn't think it worth waiting 9 more days to announce it at E3, so I doubt they'll consider it valuable to announce Smash Bros. release date then. It'll make news whenever it's announced, like Phantom Hourglass did. Likewise, they can release a new Smash trailer anytime and it will get coverage - save the E3 time for games that will benefit more from it.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I doubt they'll have a trailer or release date. Either would take coverage away from the games they are going to be showcasing at the event, and, IMO, they'd get no real benefit from doing it there.
On the contrary, only a small percentage of likely Smash customers rank among the rabid fans that check Smashbros.com every day, then immediately go to their favorite message board and discuss it. However, most gamers will at look over what was covered at E3.

Tons of casual smashers had a great time with melee but probably haven't played recently. A new trailer would fire up that old interest and put the game on a lot of people's radars.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
NO RELEASE DATE, who cares?

I want to know about ONLINE mode. They could seriously release the ****ing thing in 2010 for all I care (well actually, that would be the worst thing ever... but I'm trying to make a point XD), as long as there is a working online multiplayer mode!

To me, the release date is the least important bit of info. I would much ratehr see new constumes, customization, or online before a release date.

And of course... No amount of time could ever be too long to wait for Snake...

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
On the contrary, only a small percentage of likely Smash customers rank among the rabid fans that check Smashbros.com every day, then immediately go to their favorite message board and discuss it. However, most gamers will at look over what was covered at E3.
You wouldn't need to go to Smashbros.com - a new trailer would be significant news, covered by all the major video game news outlets. The only advantage might be more people looking for news around E3, but I think that would be outweighed by their being a lot more news to look at.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman

I want to know about ONLINE mode. They could seriously release the ****ing thing in 2010 for all I care (well actually, that would be the worst thing ever... but I'm trying to make a point XD), as long as there is a working online multiplayer mode!
Worst post i've ever seen. If it comes out in 2010 your on my $hit list.

I dont even think that you can get in, as I think that this E3 is closed to the public.:(
I have an invite.

In already discussed this in the sticked Brawl update topic.I was debating whether to go to E3 or not because of the extremely expensive cost for everything that I needed.One of the primary reasons would be to give everyone on the forums hands-on information on the games mechanics,and whethor or not so techniques such as L-cancel are still in the game.

I would go for the other games as well,but it's way too much trouble and money.

This just makes me not want to go and stay home,I am saving my money for Oc3 after all(And it would be WAAAY cheaper for me).

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
IGN:
"Nintendo has chosen not to display the game in playable form because it has a wealth of other products to show, including some surprises. "

hmmm....mario kart?

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord

To me, the release date is the least important bit of info. I would much ratehr see new constumes, customization, or online before a release date.

Are you kidding me?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

"In addition, gamers will be able to choose their favorite fighter and battle online against friends." - IGN = http://wii.ign.com/articles/801/801246p1.html

Take that quote how you would like, but if IGN is telling the truth (which it reasonably does) then online is confirmed for Brawl.

nayon

Smash Rookie
IGN:
"Nintendo has chosen not to display the game in playable form because it has a wealth of other products to show, including some surprises. "

hmmm....mario kart?
I'm thinking 2d Metroid for the DS

D

Deleted member

Please Golden Sun 3...

Anyway, why should we care? We can't play it there!

And anyway, I'd rather see a new trailer and a release date (though being in the UK I'm a little put off, the EU and Austraila always get cheated when they come out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom