• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl news from Gamestop manager conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir James

The Doctor
I just want to say that this isn't some lame "prophet" post. I know someone who went to the Gamestop manager conference this week and has some Brawl news! Apparently my friend was able to speak to the guy that does the Mario voice (he showed up at the conference last year as well). My friend then questioned him about Brawl, which resulted in some awesome news! My friend called me in the middle of a speech / conference or whatever and he was whispering...but I can definitely tell you one thing:

Luigi is definitely in Brawl, and he's going to be "much different" than before.

He had more news for me but he had to go. I'll probably have more news either tonight or tomorrow. I can understand if you don't believe this. I would be skeptical also with all the "prophet" posts and such. If I find out that he is lying/joking I will edit this post immediately, but I highly doubt that is the case.

EDIT: My friend (who is indeed a Gamestop manager) called me back to confirm the news. I heard him very clearly that Luigi shall be returning. Please check the 4th page for my full response.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Anytime the news comes from that obscure "friend" who works in a high up position, I lose interest very quickly. When are people with prestige going to actually post pictures or other evidence of their findings? The least you can do is post news that at least seems credible (unlike IcyDrifter's several dozen "maybes" as a result of Nintendo still making hard decisions this close to launch). While he isn't confirmed, chances are that Luigi will be making a return (especially after the rest of the Mario cast did). Of course he'd be different because even Mario has been modified.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Oh well let's wait and see if he can deliver on his promised news. Either way I'm not going to get my hopes up after all daily weekday updates on Dojo is enough.

-Knight

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Maybe tomorrow you will have some better evidence.

Yet I do trust the topic maker. As he isn't a troll. :)

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Luigi would most likely be in Brawl anyway.

And they pull this crap at Gamefaqs. It's annoying.

You know...I just wish Sakurai would give a huge interview about the game in general and what can we expect (Number of characters and 3rd party characters exact amount, number of stages, who is being cut, who is returning from Melee and SSB) but no information on any Brand new characters (That way we'll know some more information but nothing on the new characters)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Luigi would most likely be in Brawl anyway.

And they pull this crap at Gamefaqs. It's annoying.

You know...I just wish Sakurai would give a huge interview about the game in general and what can we expect (Number of characters and 3rd party characters exact amount, number of stages, who is being cut, who is returning from Melee and SSB) but no information on any Brand new characters (That way we'll know some more information but nothing on the new characters)
I'd rather someone just obtain, scan, and post the official player guide. I'm tired of guessing, speculating, debating, and hoping. No more freakin' info trickle. I want the fire hose!

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sir James, you're not known for making dumb troll threads, so I'll take your word for it. Besides, it's obvious Luigi's going to be in Brawl anyways.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Well, I wouldn't claim this guy to be a troll right off, I mean, I've seen him post in a few other threads, and trolls don't do that. Hell, he has more posts than I do..

I dunno, I'll wait to see what pans out but, I'm not really expecting much. I mean, it IS luigi after all. We can't have Mario without him >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, you don't make any outlandish claims like most of the people have before when they say "o em gee mah firn wawks at Sora n nos suufff!!111!" etc. etc.

I'll take your word for it and can't wait to hear more from you. Hopefully, your friend isn't lying.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Yeah, you don't make any outlandish claims like most of the people have before when they say "o em gee mah firn wawks at Sora n nos suufff!!111!" etc. etc.

I'll take your word for it and can't wait to hear more from you. Hopefully, your friend isn't lying.
That reminds me of JohnPants and his suprising long stay here until he got banned. This one is actually believable to me because Sir James isn't one to make a troll thread.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Anyone that don't think that Luigi is in Brawl? It would be... strange otherwise. So this "information" is probably at least half right.

Banks

Smash Hero
even if u hadnt posted this i would think luigi is coming back. not sure about being different but i guess we'll find out soon enough

shortwanabelaker

Smash Journeyman
Its exciting to hear news not from dojo... and even if its fake, no big deal, at least it kept me entertained for some time, thats what really matters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My third uncle twice removed on my mothers side works for nintendo of Japan and says that Master chief will be in Brawl

nuro

Smash Lord
I slightly believe this because

A) Luigi is being held back despite how we all know he is already confirmed.
B) Luigi usually had a sped up voice of Mario so its likely the guy who has Mario's voice would know.
C) Luigi changed lots from ssb64->melee so maybe it will happen again.
D) This is not really big news and if you were really to ask someone like this they would give a vague answer.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I slightly believe this because

A) Luigi is being held back despite how we all know he is already confirmed.
B) Luigi usually had a sped up voice of Mario so its likely the guy who has Mario's voice would know.
C) Luigi changed lots from ssb64->melee so maybe it will happen again.
D) This is not really big news and if you were really to ask someone like this they would give a vague answer.
QFT.

Also, we haven't heard about Luigi being in Brawl yet mostlikely because it's tradition to have him be an Unlockable. If he wasn't, I think his profile would have come right after Mario's.

will388

Smash Cadet
um... why would they take luigi out of the game? thats like saying they iwll take ganondorf out of the game??

yes luigi will be back, and yes he will be different (no more clones...)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is unbelievably humble about his creations and had to be heavily persuaded into even putting in Meta Knight.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
The one thing I find weird about these "prophet" esk sort of topics is that they always start with 1 bit of information, this guy did it too except he blamed it on not being able to hear his source

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Regardless if this is true or not, there is no way Luigi is going to be scrapped from Brawl. I mean, it's Luigi. And the fact that he's going to be "different" is a very easy thing to say, because Sakurai said other characters will have a different flavor this time around. And since Vaccuum Luigi was a trophy in Melee, and considering it will give him some distinction, it's just a no-brainer.

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
I, for one, trust Sir James, for several reasons.

1) His quality of posts in other threads and his modestly high post count evidence he's not into trolling. He at least believes the information himself.

2) What are we really learning? Luigi will change. Durf. We all reasonably expect most character to change, with company mascots and series vets Mario and Link getting tweaks themselves. Luigi, being Mario's fraternal twin, has been initially developed by Nintendo in early games to mimic Mario in traits and abilities, but subsequent, more modern games have modified Luigi to develop his own personality. We already see the differentiation from Smash 64 to Melee, so it isn't any surprise to see Sakurai take Luigi down a much different path.

3) But, the most important thing that separates this post from others is the names the source. Past trolls have claimed to know number of characters, assist trophy abilities, gameplay mechanics, even what Sakurai will post that week (which is laughable. Sakurai probably just comes up with stuff the night of). They're sources were either "insider company devs", which would put Nintendo on serious guard, since leaks of this quality would indicate a breakdown in company protocol, or "random online magazine intern who played early build of Brawl", which is even less sensical, because the sole reason any respectable publication gets sent still-in-development games is to ADVERTISE, hence, tell everyone in the world about it, not just to play it for kicks.

The voice actor in question, Charles Martinet, does the voices of Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Baby Mario, the whole Mario clone family. He's been featured on a GameTrailers.com vid, and he seems like quite the talkative type (and a funny guy). Every developer, tester, or marketing personel in the Brawl project would be under strict rules to keep a tight lip, else the Nintenjas come after them. But Martinet, as a public figure, not an individual directly involved with game design development nor solely employed by Nintendo, could conceivably talk. If there were any sort of leak about such a secretive game by one of the most secretive companies in the industry, it would be of this nature.

Sir James, I have come to your defense. Please don't let me down. :)

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Thats horrible proof

Yeah, it's more of a 'logic' thing and 'demand' thing than anything else. Same thing why Sonic would be in: Fits under specifications necessary to have a chance, and is really popular. Besides, Kirby was a loner for two games, yet has a decent following.

Anyways, TC, you have the most credibility so far. If your friend is lying, punch him please. Punch him HARD.

P.S. Off-topic: I see no reason why Mewtwo would be cut. He's not a clone, was actually FUN to play as, and was just plain cool. Besides, you have a lot of other big pokemon to choose for bosses, like, say, Arceus (That would be teh SEX. Low chance, though. ;_;)

D_B_S

Smash Lord
.............everybody knows that luigi is in.......and everyone knows he is getting the vaccum

Its common sense that confirms his return

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
Again, I love how everyone says "It's CONFIRMED that he has a vacuum" and "It's CONFIRMED that he's going to be in it" and "It's CONFIRMED that he and Sonic will be top tier"

People, you have no clue if he's going to have a vacuum or if he's even in it. For all we know Sakurai could hate Luigi and had him removed. Yeah, it's 99% most likely that Luigi will be in it, and a good chance he could have a vacuum, I just hate when people assume. Key word: assume.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, Luigi better make it back.

It'd be absolutely ridiculous to have all of these Mario characters playable but not Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom