• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl news from Gamestop manager conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Interesting. When I posted my thread asking about in Nintendo reps were reliable because my friend worked at Gamestop as manger spoke to one who said Brawl wouldn't have online people were saying I was lying. But yet you guys believe Sir James (not that I'm calling you a liar Sir James). *Sigh*.

burrito

Smash Lord
If you believe the OP, you're gullible.

Why would a voice actor know anything? Do you know how they work? They sit in a booth and are told lines to read and they read them over and over. Why would a Japanese voice actor be at a Gamestop manager meeting anyway? They'd have to pay for him to be there which just seems like a waste of money for a bunch of business managers.
You obviously know nothing about Mario's voice actor. As said earlier, his name is Charles Martinet and he is American. Since he also does the voice of Luigi, he would know if Luigi was in the game or not.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
You obviously know nothing about Mario's voice actor. As said earlier, his name is Charles Martinet and he is American. Since he also does the voice of Luigi, he would know if Luigi was in the game or not.
+rep this man... he owns.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
If you believe the OP, you're gullible.

Why would a voice actor know anything? Do you know how they work? They sit in a booth and are told lines to read and they read them over and over. Why would a Japanese voice actor be at a Gamestop manager meeting anyway? They'd have to pay for him to be there which just seems like a waste of money for a bunch of business managers.
Charles Martinet is not a Japanese voice actor. He's American.

I believe him. Why lie and make a post when if you know you'll be proven wrong and hated by everyone on here for giving them false hope?!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Charles Martinet is not a Japanese voice actor. He's American.

I believe him. Why lie and make a post when if you know you'll be proven wrong and hated by everyone on here for giving them false hope?!
That's what trolls love doing, is it not?

Anyways, I hope it's true just because it means that Luigi really is getting a change, a much needed change IMO.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think my friend tried to squeeze as much as he could out of him. The voice actor said that he couldn't say anything more (probably because of a confidentiality statement like you mentioned). The only thing he was able to say was that Luigi is in it and he's a lot different. Sorry for lack of additional info. But hey...this small news is still better than the assist trophy updates we got this week lol.
Sounds like they had your friend sign an NDA - Non-disclosure Agreement... pretty standard for Corporations and those are rock-solid, meaning if he breaches the agreement he will be in some deep legal s.h.i.t

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
His friend might or might not have signed a Non-disclosure Agreement, depends on how Gamestop does things, but Martinet (the voice actor), should have. He wasn't likely to spill any more than he did. Like I said on the first page, this is the likeliest source of non-Sakurai spoilage we would ever get.

It was a no brainer Luigi would be back. He's about as important to the essence of Smash as Mario, Link, Kirby, & Pikachu. Even Ice Climbers are back, and lots of people thought they were on the chopping block for the longest time.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
im suprised this thread is still popular...there wasnt a doubt in my mind that luigi would be in it and be changed like all the rest of the veterans will. this info doesnt seem all that big of a deal to me

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
Predicting Luigi is going to be in Brawl is like predicting that it will rain in Seattle some time this year.

And of course he will be "very different". He was different in Melee, and between vacuums, lightning, and his newly characterized cowardice, he's got plenty of traits to use towards being even more unique this time around. I just hope he's a spaz like he was in Melee, but that seems like Wario's job now. (Seriously, Green Missle? That's still soda-snot hilarious)

Rent

Smash Rookie
sounds awesome!
but we will have to wait nd see if it is true

D

Deleted member

Crap. I loved Luigi in Melee, he was perfect as far as moves go.

What if they gave him vacuum moves? You people will get what you want (ie, no clones) but not where you want it!

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I can't say wheather you're lying or not. It sounds plausible enough, and it seems like a person like you would not be a troll and lie about such things, Sir James. No offense, though, but I'm waiting for an official confirmation.

Sir James

The Doctor
Sir James. No offense, though, but I'm waiting for an official confirmation.
Completely understandable. I would say the same thing in your position. The reason why I posted this was to give some people hope and something to think about. Be patient...I'm sure he'll be announced soon!

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me, but is this really such big news? I mean, I know we can't take anything for granted, but if they're not droping Ice Climbers, why on earth would the drop such a major player as Luigi? At this point I don't think we have any real risk of losing anybody other than Ness, Pichu, Young Link, and maybe Mewtwo and/or Game and Watch. A little off topic, maybe. But my point is that Luigi is a HUGE character for Nintendo, and I can't see them making a Smash game without him.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
luigi will definately be in....but how will he be changed...there is nothing we shouldnt believe about sir james...luigi is obviously in its the major differences that we doubt...but i bet he will have a new moveset and not be so similar to mario....i do believe you though sir james..

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Completely understandable. I would say the same thing in your position. The reason why I posted this was to give some people hope and something to think about. Be patient...I'm sure he'll be announced soon!
I certainly hope Luigi is.

Mario and Luigi are my Melee mains. :)

PrinceOfSmash

Smash Cadet
Im wondering how Sir James is going to get evidence. :urg:
he dosent need evidence ...like we all dont kno luigi is in and diffrent but i kno its true cos i work in the same store as sir james and i was there when the manager dude told us about luigi and the guy who dose marios voice.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Congratulations for digging up this thread from the grave. Now it needs to be put back down because Luigi confirmed as a character, even by Charles Marinet, is no big stretch of the imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom