• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl needs more villains!

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
Right now Bowser is holding down the evil contingent in its entirety. I know we've got Meta Knight on the way, but that's about all we've officially got villain-wise on the roster. Wario is borderline in my mind. While he was an antagonist for Mario for a while, he's been the star of his own Wario Ware series for a couple games now and hasn't really had it out with the Mustachioed One for quite some time.

Enough with the good-guy character updates. Give us Gannondorf. An evil ape from Jungle Beat. A villain from Star Fox. Something. Anything. Hell, I'd settle for Mewtwo at this point. Heros aren't the only ones with recognition, you know.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Metaknight is... confusing. Hahaha he has been very villain-like as well as not. I wonder when Newcomers will begin to show up on the site, maybe then we'll get Ridley, Dedede and who knows who else.

But we NEED female villains... suggestions?

wilson7913

Smash Cadet
Falco is a traitor, that is if he makes it.

Wario is an on and off villain.

I agree but who? Ridley obviously but..

_kSo_

Smash Master
villains are more bad*** than heroes. Although heroes usually win in the end (d*mn you happy ending), villains are still the coolest

Darknight

Smash Rookie
Villans are awesome the only hero I really like is samus......... some evil characters can be darksamus and maybe some of the hunters in MPH like sylux or trace, that would be cool!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The villian count is already good right now. Bowser, Ganondorf, Metaknight (sometimes), Wario, and Mewtwo. Of course two are not confrimed, but you know they'll return. There are plently of pottential other villians as well. (Ridley, King Dedede, Wolf, Bowser Jramong others)

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
The villains I would like to appear in the game have to be King K. Rool, King Dedede, Ridley, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Kamek, Andross, and Black Shadow. Bowser just might be the coolest looking villain we'll have in the game :).

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Villains for the sake of villains is stupid, just like the female argument. SSBB isn´t some family PC show that has to represent every group and minority to avoid being offensive. Villains that should be in SSBB are Bowser (confirmed), Ridley and King Dedede.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I'd like to see Count Bleck, but sadly, I know he has almost no chance of getting in as a playable character. He seems like a likely canidate for an AT though.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I do agree that there should be more villains in Brawl. It isn't just "for the sake of having villains"... I can't recall any political protesters complaining about the unfair treatment of villains, so I'd say politically correct is an odd term to use.
The female argument isn't "we should have more females, because it just isn't right", it's... well, people want more characters that are female. If political correctness was what we wanted, then Nintendo girls as a whole probably wouldn't make the cut.

I think villains of the major series deserve a spot in Brawl.

Who would you guys choose for each franchise?
Mario- Bowser
Zelda- Gannondorf
Donkey Kong- K. Rool
Fire Emblem- Everyone seems to want Black Knight... eh.
Pokemon- Mewtwo
Sonic if he gets in- Er. Metal Sonic as an alternate costume :D
F. Zero- Sigh. I, personally, just like Blood Hawk as an alternate costume much more than the alternatives. Black Shadow is, in my opinion, an embarrassment to character designs everywhere.
Ice Climbers- Sorry guys. You don't have a worthy enemy.
Kirby- King Dedede and Metaknight (both of which are really only half evil, so that makes one whole villain)
Star Fox- Wolf in some form.

Others- I forgot them, so they probably aren't important enough to warrant their nemesis.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
You forgot one important one.

RIDLEY!
Holy crap, I forgot my most wanted character. I must be getting old...

Out of curiosity, can anyone think of a video game where the villain doesn't completely lose in the end? Like, at least they get the good guy killed or something?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, can anyone think of a video game where the villain doesn't completely lose in the end? Like, at least they get the good guy killed or something?
Warcraft III the Frozen Throne, Arthas Wins.

Starcraft Broodwar, Kerrigan Wins.

Emm... Star Wars Ep III?

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
Villans for the sake of villans is, well, not a great idea, because if theres all theses caracters in brawl, then it would just make it like anyone can get into brawl, but then again, it would counter balance with the number of hero's...
adn btw, hero's fighting hero's isnt fun, fighting against villans is. and Villans against villans.

and the Villan dosnt completly lose thing is in alot of anime's

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Warcraft III the Frozen Throne, Arthas Wins.

Starcraft Broodwar, Kerrigan Wins.

Emm... Star Wars Ep III?
Oddly enough I don't count Star Wars as being necessarily a video game (even though, duh, made into billions of games)... 'sides, that wasn't really the end. That was just the beginning of the REAL series, where the death star blows up and all the baddies die.

Er. So Blizzard likes making the baddies win in the end? Haha- of course, that's largely because you get to PLAY the bad guys, so they're not actually the antagonists.

omgitsfootstool

Smash Rookie
SERIOUSLY guys how about wolf from starfox or the blackknight from fire emblem P.O.R.
think about the cool ones. the ones from frandchises everyone knows. think about it, remember jow good fox was in the last game and how much better wolf wouold be. god

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley, Wolf and Black Knight deserve a spot.

Maybe D. Samus too.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
King Dedede MIGHT be a PC... but I can see the AT coming..

Seriously.
All he does is eat people and jump on people and swing hammers.

Booring.
You lose. You seriously think Sakurai would make Knuckle Joe and AT and not make Triple D a PC?? He's not gonna screw over the blue penguin this time...

Top Bottom