• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl needs more villains!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
... wow. Four Ridley signature images. I guess that's... purty cool.
I think King Dedede is, really, pretty much guaranteed. The only reason against him is that maybe Sakurai only wanted to throw in one more Kirby character and he chose Metaknight, but I kind of doubt that's the case.

The problem I see with Dark Samus is that, from the perspective of anyone who hasn't played the game (I have), she would seem incredibly lame and unoriginal, as would adding Dark Link. People would wonder why it wasn't just an alternate costume, since she clearly just looks like Samus with different armor.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Ridley, Wolf and Black Knight deserve a spot.

Maybe D. Samus too.
Not Wolf and Dark Sammy! Don't get me wrong, they're favorites. But they're like counter-parts and rivals in their games. If they're in, the could be doomed to the role of: Fox and Samus CLONES! Just think about it dude.

And as far as villians go, I think Ridley would be a good addition as a Playable Character. If not, guys like him and Kraid will most definitively make it as Assist Trophies.

But I was thinking, and feel free to tell me if this is stupid, but I think a cool new mode in the game could actually be a rival type thing. A series of battles where the Smash Bros are mixed up and they have to fight eachothers villians. Example: You'd get a team of DK, Pikachu and Samus or something. So Pikachu would have to bring down K. Rool, Samus is up against Mewtwo and DK if battling with the forces of Ridley. That'd be a great way to include tons of villians.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Actually Superace, you're wrong.

Dark Samus can't be a clone of Samus, he isn't samus(yes, HE) and he has no anilityes in common with Samus, he can turn invisible, use meteor-like attack(He's engulfed in a blue ball and then trows himself to you) has the Scaterr Shot, the plasma beam, the continous laser etc etc.

Samus can't do anything of that.

Now i always sayd that the priority for Metroid Chars is: Ridley>D. Samus> some hunter. So unless Sakurai whants to add more than 2 metroid Characters, i doubt D. Samus would be in.

Now, you're right about Wolf, he looks very similar to Fox, but that whon't doom him to be a Clone, i still think we'll see 4 Star Fox Characters, including Wolf, mostly because there is no other possible Starfox villain in the series.

Also Wolf is bigger and Stronger, wich would mean he would be slower and heavyer.

And i doubt Ridley would be an AT, when Sakurai sayd he whanted more Villains, more air combat, more Metroid Rep and that he knew Ridley is Samus Arch Nemesis. I think he will be a PC.

Kraid would be doomed as an AT, though.

Dead Wire

Smash Cadet
I live in a place called socorro which in spanish
Youre right there isnt enough villians in the game and thats all I play with is villians and before Brawl was anounced I was hoping for Wario and dont say Wario isnt a villian just because he has his own set of games hes just gotten lazey. Knowing Wario thats what hes good at and Meta Knight is also a villian whoever said he wasent hasent played the games with him in it and on Sqeak sqaud you battle him and you win and his mask falls off.And theres no qeustion if Bowser's evil but if he got his own set of games everybody would start saying Bowser's not evil the only thing I would change about the great king is he should be like Shiek where you start out as his human form (moves kind of like Gannon)(looks kind of like Gannon just with blond hair.) And Mewtwo is kind of a dumb idea think about it who wants to play with a bald kangaroo.And Gannon is a win just change his moves hes a Falcon clone. New villians hands down Bowser jr./brush,Ridley, an Ing, 3D(King DeDeDee),Death born(F Zero),and the Ninja Koopa Bros (Paper Mario).

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Actually Superace, you're wrong.

Dark Samus can't be a clone of Samus, he isn't samus(yes, HE) and he has no anilityes in common with Samus, he can turn invisible, use meteor-like attack(He's engulfed in a blue ball and then trows himself to you) has the Scaterr Shot, the plasma beam, the continous laser etc etc.

Samus can't do anything of that.

Now i always sayd that the priority for Metroid Chars is: Ridley>D. Samus> some hunter. So unless Sakurai whants to add more than 2 metroid Characters, i doubt D. Samus would be in.

Now, you're right about Wolf, he looks very similar to Fox, but that whon't doom him to be a Clone, i still think we'll see 4 Star Fox Characters, including Wolf, mostly because there is no other possible Starfox villain in the series.

Also Wolf is bigger and Stronger, wich would mean he would be slower and heavyer.

And i doubt Ridley would be an AT, when Sakurai sayd he whanted more Villains, more air combat, more Metroid Rep and that he knew Ridley is Samus Arch Nemesis. I think he will be a PC.

Kraid would be doomed as an AT, though.
Dark Samus is a she. The developers said it themselves. It's a fact.

And Samus can actually do the scattershot, but that's besides the point. (Let it be made clear that I think Dark Samus would not be a clone, and would be a great character)

And Wolf would have to be a clone, or else Falco would be a clone. He's really better off as just a Fox alt costume. Really. Then again, Wolf fans have to much pride for that, now don't they? >_>

And Kraid can't be an AT. He's to big.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
Star wolf would really add some evilness to the roster.

So would ridley and a beefed up ganandorf!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
because there aren't as many villians as there are heroes. same goes with women and sword users.

also a good pokemon villian could be meowth

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
because there aren't as many villians as there are heroes. same goes with women and sword users.

also a good pokemon villian could be meowth
How is Meowth a villain? If you're saying that because of the anime, he's still not a villain because he was more like comic relief.

Ganondorf ftw. Although he'll definitely be in, just hopefully he's not a clone.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
yeah, giving a sword to Ganon would be great. like they promised us in the certain video, cough cough....
and they had it in melee for his winning pose just to, well, taunt us.
it would be nice for him to be in it, but think of this, as well as Melee had caracters form LOZ OoT, they have LOZ Twilight Princess Link, so I htink its Ganon from TP.
so i think atleast....

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
I was actually hoping to see the developers somehow give ganon a sword. I would add more to the villians and sword weilders. Plus it would be insanly awsome.
The most screen time Ganon's ever had with a sword is his win pose in SSBM. He doesn't need a sword. What he needs is to incorporate his longstanding mainstay--that would be sorcery, magic, whatever you want to call it--instead of being some crappy, melee brawling clone of Captain Falcon.

Wolf is bad. There just isn't any way I can see him not being a complete Fox clone the way Falco was. Who, by the way, people are still clamboring for. Even just two Foxes was a bit much. Three would be ridiculous.

Dark Samus, again... We don't need any clones. Would love to see Ridley in there. Or just a normal space pirate. Why hasn't anyone suggested that yet? They were some **** fine enemies in Super Metroid, the lot of them.

I don't get why people keep saying Metaknight and Deedeedee aren't villains. They've had their waffling moments to be sure, but they were and always have been primarily antagonists. The yang to Kirby's yin. I mean, just look at the intro teaser we got from Sakurai. Metaknight's airship showing up with the subtitled suggestion of "up to no good".

Honestly, I don't care who we get... we just need someone else evil. The hero-to-villain ratio in this game is severely, severely skewed on the side of good. And as we all know, good is dumb.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i would like to see the huge no way possible playable character villains as bosses such as

marx
mother brain
kraid
andross
ganon - the huge blue pig form

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i'd say eggman is a sub boss, even though he is the main villain of the series, he just wouldn't be much of a challenge.

now if sonic were to have a real boss it should be biolizard, finalhazard, solaris, or solaris phase 2

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
very true, or a real boss could be that crazy thing he turns into at the end of sonic heroes

there are countless possibilities

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I think K.Rool, Ridley, King Dedede, Ganondorf and Mewtwo should all be included as villians.

K.Rool FTW!

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
I think they really just need to make Mewtwo heavier. And give Ganondorf a sword this time. K. Rool I'm not so sure. Ridley would be cool, and Dedede is kind of a borderline thing for me.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i say black bomberman for villian, lol. and eggman is a punk compared to robotnick, i fing hate eggman

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
but both of them share the common last name robotnik

eggman is just a nickname for the grandson due to his body shape

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
but they don't stop calling him that, its SO ANNOYING, plus hesa wus compared to his grandpa

classic of course

omgitsfootstool

Smash Rookie
Not Wolf and Dark Sammy! Don't get me wrong, they're favorites. But they're like counter-parts and rivals in their games. If they're in, the could be doomed to the role of: Fox and Samus CLONES! Just think about it dude.

And as far as villians go, I think Ridley would be a good addition as a Playable Character. If not, guys like him and Kraid will most definitively make it as Assist Trophies.

But I was thinking, and feel free to tell me if this is stupid, but I think a cool new mode in the game could actually be a rival type thing. A series of battles where the Smash Bros are mixed up and they have to fight eachothers villians. Example: You'd get a team of DK, Pikachu and Samus or something. So Pikachu would have to bring down K. Rool, Samus is up against Mewtwo and DK if battling with the forces of Ridley. That'd be a great way to include tons of villians.
i get what your saying but they dont have to be clones i mean has anyone actually seen wolf go out of his plane amd actually fight. they could make it an entirely different character

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
same thing with DS, i already explained how her and samus can't be clones of each other i n the ridley forums

omgitsfootstool

Smash Rookie
The most screen time Ganon's ever had with a sword is his win pose in SSBM. He doesn't need a sword. What he needs is to incorporate his longstanding mainstay--that would be sorcery, magic, whatever you want to call it--instead of being some crappy, melee brawling clone of Captain Falcon.

Wolf is bad. There just isn't any way I can see him not being a complete Fox clone the way Falco was. Who, by the way, people are still clamboring for. Even just two Foxes was a bit much. Three would be ridiculous.

Dark Samus, again... We don't need any clones. Would love to see Ridley in there. Or just a normal space pirate. Why hasn't anyone suggested that yet? They were some **** fine enemies in Super Metroid, the lot of them.

I don't get why people keep saying Metaknight and Deedeedee aren't villains. They've had their waffling moments to be sure, but they were and always have been primarily antagonists. The yang to Kirby's yin. I mean, just look at the intro teaser we got from Sakurai. Metaknight's airship showing up with the subtitled suggestion of "up to no good".

Honestly, I don't care who we get... we just need someone else evil. The hero-to-villain ratio in this game is severely, severely skewed on the side of good. And as we all know, good is dumb.
like that other guy said wolf would be more pwerful slower and heavier. of course he would consist of meele combat but that doesnt mean he would have to be a clone. he could have bazookas as weapons on his speacial moves. his final smash could call in the wolfen team to blast his oponents. there are so many possibilities for wolf not being a clone so stop calling him ONE!!!

Top Bottom