• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl/Melee] LOBSTER4 Results - Biddeford, Maine (VIDEOS UP!)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
All is Brawl Link
Video Thread

Brawl Doubles:
1: PSYCHO CWUSHAAA (Darc and Dazwa) ($54.00) [MK + ZSS]
2: Smashachusetts (OBM and Nuro) ($27.00) [G&W + Snake]
3: Pro DI (Watkins and Gmork) ($9.00) [Ike + ROB/ZSS]
4: ShamWOW (C.Awesum and Adept) [Snake + MK]
5: We better win money (SOLAR and th0rn) [ROB + Falco?]
5: World of Warcraft sucks **** (Bumbles and Boxman) [ROB? + G&W/Falco/Pika/MK/Snake]
7: Team Manly Tears (Chris and Bonk) [? + ?]
7: MAPAZASO (ZesuBen and Anthony) [G&W + Pit]
9: Team Cuz Love (Jman and Toil) [Toon Link? + Olimar?]

Melee Singles (1st+2nd split)
1: Darc ($35.00) [Jiggs/Fox]
2: th0rn ($35.00) [Falco/Fox]
3: Banks ($10.00) [Sheik/Fox/Marth]
4: SOLAR [Fox/Peach]
5: Nuro [Sheik]
5: Hoggled! [Pikachu]
7: Boxman [Samus/Fox]
7: Watkins [Captain Falcon/Luigi]

Brawl Singles: (1st-3rd competitive split)
1: Dazwa ($74.00) [ZSS]
2: Darc ($66.00) [Marth/Falco/MK]
3: OBM ($60.00) [G&W]
4: Nuro [Snake]
5: Gmork [ROB/ZSS]
5: Watkins [Ike]
7: Adept [MK]
7: ZesuBen [G&W]
9: Boxman [G&W/Pika/Snake]
9: C.Awesum [Snake/MK]
9: Keto [Link]
9: Bonk [?]
13: Joe [?]
13: Toil [Olimar]
13: Gram [?]
13: DFunk [?]
17: Hoggled! [Pit/Pokemon Trainer]
17: Chris [?]
17: Jman [Toon Link?]
17: Anthony [Pit]

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
God i played so bad at this i got seeding screwed =(

i soooo should of got 5th T_T

GRRRAAAAAAAH :p

ill post shoutoutziez later

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
1st seed OBM
2nd seed Dazwa
3rd seed Nuro
4th seed Darc
5th seed C.Awesum

1st and 4th are in same bracket, 2nd and 3rd are in same bracket
5th will play 4th in quarterfinals

i apologize that i couldn't predict when Adept would be placed in the losers bracket, nor could I predict how far he'd travel through it[/sarcasm], you didn't get seeding screwed at all, no johns

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
lol okay it just got me sad i had to play dustin 2nd round =( and i SD'ed vs. Adept(mason)
lol off day i guess =(

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
It was actually your 3rd round (you had a bye), and 3 rounds into a small-scale tournament like this is generally going to lead to hard matches >_>. OBM had Gmork, I had Watkins and Nuro had Bonk, all of them being those Orono kids (who shall now be known as PrOrono, I tried fusing "pro" and "orono" and it came up horribly :( ).

off days do suck though lolol

edit: anyone know who adept/zesuben used in singles? I need t8 for Ankoku data

Banks

Smash Hero
offfical shoutouts thanks to everyone who played melee in the corner i love that game forever <3

th0rn: thanks a$$hole JK LOL

darc: good friendlies i beat u with marth *writes down in notebook* LOLLLOL

hoggle: good **** entering and bawliin in brawl to time limits

solar: nice to see you good melee'ing brohan. BACKPACK

keto: nice to see you brah didnt play u...CHARLES HAMILTON

dazwa: thanks for nrunning the tournament brah

nuro: good mele games man, ur sheik is still beast after brawling lmao

c.awesum: nice to see u mang

zesu: sup

manly team: close team set, good games!!

boxman: good **** we make a prety good team considering i'm not too brawlly, but we did good ^__^

obm: nice to see you too, we should play SF4 sometime, ur too good at brawl but did you see my AMAZING BRAWL SKILLS IN TEAMS SURE U DID

watkins: good **** in brawl, u should play melee some more come to the next lobster and **** ^__^

all the other brawl kids, i didnt really play brawl but thanks for coming to support the LOBSTER series.

MASS MADNESS YEA MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERARWQEERTR

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the awesome tournament guys; it was the first time us Prorono kids had played anyone besides each other on the competitive scene. That meant we got to experience the displeasure of Meta Knight too though, haha. But we're all glad to play a pretty good variety of characters and people and we'll definitely try to come to the next lobster and invite you guys to our Orono tournaments.

I was personally happy to see my Ike held his own at a high level of play, but Darc's pro Falco made me realize I'll have to work on my secondaries, Luigi and Sheik, to hold my own against him. I definitely got a lot better from playing different people in this tournament, so we're going to keep at it.

As for melee, I haven't really played it since Brawl came out and I figured it would be like riding a bike; but I was horribly wrong. It was pretty satisfying to get a owned by Darc's Cfalc though; only seen stuff like that in Scar's combo videos haha. I'll work on melee to get back into shape and I'll try to get back into my weegee prime.

P.S. We noticed that the Brawl Singles and Brawl Doubles tourney results are the exact same for #1-5, haha.

Karocoy

Smash Rookie
It was my first tournament and great one as well. I'm Chris, half of team manly tears and the fourth unknown member of PrOrono (which is a great name by the way). I used Marth, which I just picked up a couple of days before. I can't wait for the next one when I've improved.

Toil

Smash Rookie
Great time

Great time you guys, gotta work on my Olimar though, not bad for only playing him for a couple weeks. Looking forward to next time, which is when?

Gmork

Smash Rookie
PrOrono eh? I like the cut of your jib Dazwa.

Awesum-rough day for you buddy-rigged seeds and a CRUSHED cord lololololllll

Soooooo tournament at UMO sometime after spring break test week; BE READY -we need a lot more experience against good players. I had a pretty awesome time and if we can make it for the next one we'll be down. We may have to sell our blood/semen for gas money though.

I'll make up a thread closer to tournament time or contact you guys for advice on it. I'm thinking of putting "free booze and hookers" in there somewhere.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Beautiful tournament. :p

I'm a tad upset that the only match of mine that was saved was against Jman. >.> And I lost that match, even though I won the other two...

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, too bad my second game against Dazwa wasn't saved either, that was intenseeeeeeeee.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I should have been Jiggly against you, dude. :p Would have been an intense match, I guarantee.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
PrOrono (which is a great name by the way).
PrOrono eh? I like the cut of your jib Dazwa.
us Prorono kids
yessssss

P.S. We noticed that the Brawl Singles and Brawl Doubles tourney results are the exact same for #1-5, haha.
Darc pointed that out to me and I laughed, Maine is too uniform

Dazwa and Darc ***** everything. you guys should just quit smash and like.. be brothers :laugh:
pfff we're only related by blood

Dazwaaaaa! Too good, mah d00! There's more than one amazing ZSS around these parts now! :D
don't make me punch you again in-yoo-JERK

Yeah, too bad my second game against Dazwa wasn't saved either, that was intenseeeeeeeee.
oh god that upair WHERE DID IT COME FROM

I'm a tad upset that the only match of mine that was saved was against Jman. >.> And I lost that match, even though I won the other two...
well that solves the mystery of the mystery singles match i recorded. thank you :D

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
Well i think Adept went all meta knight and im assuming ZesuBen used game and watch
if you still need the info Dazwa lol

shoutoutziez:

Darc- MONKEY RAP? lol nice playing you again good stuff beating OBM lol :p
th0rn-nice seeing you again dood good stuff in brawl teams
banks-nice seeing you again dood your great at melee :p
SOLAR-those matches against Nuro in melee were epic =D
Boxman-us not teaming this long is causing the universe too split so we better team up soon :p nice seeing ya again maybe we'll team at MM 14 ;D
watkins-way too rep ike never knew he could be that good xD
Dazwa-IS better then Snakeee LOL you really beat OBM bad, i think he had an off day =(
Nuro-Great snake dood =D nice to see you those matches vs. SOLAR were too dam good :p
OBM-SHPOOPLE!, nice seeing you again =D i cant believe i beat you in that friendly xD you mustve had an off day sorry about that =(
Adept-god howd we miraculously play eachother :T i hate SD'ing T_T ill have my rightful revenge if we ever play again
C.Awesum-Did real bad at this tourney lol :p
ZesuBen-i see your getting better =) nice Joker laugh LOL JK :p
Keto-... you were supposed to use the keto combo to auto 3 KO Darc :p nice seeing the one and only KETO again Srsly do more keto combo :T LOL
Toil-your getting better thats for sure ;D nice seeing you again :p ive said that alot so far... LOL
Jman- nice seeing you again since you have your Wii hacked make Captain falcon invincible... no one will see it coming :p LOL
Anthony- CowBoy hat>Fidora, Word. LOL xD

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
ben,
Yeah but the third match we played I sd'd otherwise I would have won that set against you :) But **** those were some intense matches.

Nice tourney, I had fun. Definitely getting better at working the nerves out of my system. Only sd'd once yesterday :)

Definitely know what I need to work on.

btw, Nice link keto.

Dazwa,
When you find the video of TL vs GnW that is me and ben.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Darc- Thanks for kicking my *** as usual haha

th0rn- See Darc

Banks- Glad I could finally get a HOOLLY **** out of you with that spike against solar

SOLAR- Close money match

Hoggled!- hey

Dazwa- Way to ****

OBM- **** you were there, if I had known I would have asked for a GW ditto.

Watkins- Holy **** those were some close tournament matches. Good Ike

Boxman- d00d

C.Awesum- Haha sorry for not doing the Keto combo I totally should have. If I got there earlier we probably would have played friendlies

Keto- Your Link owns

Gram- GGs!

Jman- TL vs Link wooo

Anthony- GGs!

This will be my last tournament. I'm going to definitely play some friendlies with you guys when I get vacation time. Wish me luck in the Navy!

Banks

Smash Hero
keto make sure you bring smash with you to the navy and make them play on the BOAT

ON DA MUTHA****IN BOAT

you know what i'm talkin bout

Keto

Smash Journeyman
keto make sure you bring smash with you to the navy and make them play on the BOAT

ON DA MUTHA****IN BOAT

you know what i'm talkin bout
You mean they don't already? WTF!

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Psh, sure Jman. :p We'll see in the next tournament. I'm considering hosting one myself...

Hoser

Smash Ace
I'm so mad me and my friends missed this. And there was another Ike there too >.< Watkins, if you go to the next tourney, would you be interested in some Ike dittos? I want to see how I hold up against another competitive Ike.

Toil

Smash Rookie
Videos?

Are there vids from this up yet? My brother doesn't believe there was a godly Ike here in Maine (Watkins I'm still impressed)

Toil

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the links. Please don't post anything to embarrassing like Jman and my team matches :-(

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
I'm so mad me and my friends missed this. And there was another Ike there too >.< Watkins, if you go to the next tourney, would you be interested in some Ike dittos? I want to see how I hold up against another competitive Ike.

Sure I'd like that, I got a lot better overall in this tournament from all the new characters I played. The only characters my friends play are ROB and Wario, so it would be awesome to play another Ike.

I want a rematch against Dazwa and Darc too, I think with a bit more experience I could have a better chance, or at least improve more, haha.

Steve and I will have to work on our team play too, we haven't really played teams often before as you'll probably be able to tell in the videos, but we'll keep practicing to give you guys a run for your money next time!

Gmork

Smash Rookie
**** I think that one match was the one where we didn't do so great. Oh well, it will still be cool.

Karocoy

Smash Rookie
Well Watkins, those aren't the only characters we play. Don't forget about Marth!

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
1: Dazwa - good set. cp's for the lose, we'll be stepping our game up this week for mass madness.
2: Darc - nice comeback with mark. only your mark is man enough to beat gw lol
4: Nuro - bad day, oh wellz. we'll practice this week to place well at mm
5: Gmork - good set, nice rob, specially in teams.
5: Watkins - you guys are really good in teams nice stuff.
7: ZesuBen - thanks for the hug
9: Boxman - lol clean your backback so it doesn't smell like bbq sauce... or wait, don't do that
9: C.Awesum - no
17: Hoggled! - trevor told me about your name, too funny

banks/th0rn/solar - good seein you guys, we'll def have to play sf4 soon. hopefully someone at mm has it.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I played a single tournament match as Jigglypuff. Would that be put into the little bracket things, or would that match be ignored since every other one was G&W?

Top Bottom