• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Isn't Working?!!?!?

Arshen

Smash Cadet
I just gfot my copy not to long ago. I hooked my wii up to the internet for an Update and I put in brawl.....and its not working!! >< As in it says the disc is unable to be read.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have a solution?

D4rkDude

Smash Rookie
omg that sucks dude, sry, no i have to wait untill tomorow to pick up my copy, i hope it doesn't happen to me. **** man that sucks. but yea...only 11 more hours for me :D

SkittleFist

Smash Rookie
Dang is the Wii dirty? I think I heard of this happening to some of the japanese players. Just keep trying to put the disc in. It may clear the dust. I''ll leave this up to other people to give you hints.. im just too tired. Hope it works guy.

Sonic_VS_Mario

Smash Cadet
did u buy a japanese copy? if u did its region locked and u cant play it without mod. did u buy from franchise or some random place?

Battousai780

Smash Ace
This is like the 65464 thread. WTF IS GOING ON. Even on 4chan they have like 1321 threads.

thecrackers

Smash Rookie
Your disc drive might not be reading discs very well, my wii had trouble reading SSBM and I had to send it in for repairs before it started working again...

kr3wman

Smash Master
People go on 4chan to seek help?

Is everyone that go there more than once gets ******** or something?

Battousai780

Smash Ace
People go on 4chan to seek help?

Is everyone that go there more than once gets ******** or something?
Yes, people go to 4chan for help, but they rarely receive any. I hope there is no problem with my Wii and Brawl. That would seriously put a damper on my Brawl party. Except I do have like 3 friends within 2 minutes who all have a Wii. So I guess I'm safe.

Arshen

Smash Cadet
My Wii is, and get this:

TOO OLD.

Brawl is a double layered disc, and my Wii is too old. It needs to be SENT IN.
WITH THE GAME
So I can get a new one.

THERES THE ANSWER BOYS AND GIRLS!!! STICKY IT!

Battousai780

Smash Ace
My Wii is, and get this:

TOO OLD.

WITH THE GAME
So I can get a new one.

Are you 100% positive about this?

Sonic_VS_Mario

Smash Cadet
My Wii is, and get this:

TOO OLD.

WITH THE GAME
So I can get a new one.

theres an upgrade when u get the game to allow double layered discs to be playable. did that pop up for u?

Arshen

Smash Cadet
Are you 100% positive about this?
Yeah, you have to call Nintendo and send the game and wii in to get it 'repaired' (they send you a newer Wii. The sending of the Game is basically a Proof-of-Purchase thing)

I request this to be stickied!

kr3wman

Smash Master
My Wii is, and get this:

TOO OLD.

WITH THE GAME
So I can get a new one.

Atleast, atleast it's not like computers when you have to buy a new one when your PC gets to ****ty to support new games.

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
There is an update that comes on the disc that needs to be installed. Make sure you have the latest updates before putting the Brawl disc in so that the update on the Brawl disc can be installed from the Wii Menu (that's what the last Wii firmware update added).

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Woah, this is scary stuff folks. Our family got our wii a year after it came out, it wouldn't be to old then would it? If thats the case anyways.

Arshen

Smash Cadet
There is an update that comes on the disc that needs to be installed. Make sure you have the latest updates before putting the Brawl disc in so that the update on the Brawl disc can be installed from the Wii Menu (that's what the last Wii firmware update added).
THE WII DOESNT READ THE DISC PERIOD.

Sorry for caps...but too lazy for Bold.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Hmm, how do I make sure I have the latest updates?

-edit-

and this is scaring me ****less I got my wii like half a year after it came out

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
My Wii is, and get this:

TOO OLD.

WITH THE GAME
So I can get a new one.

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. they wouldn't release a game that can't be played on hundreds of thousands of Wiis, and they wouldn't replace every single one. Think before you post. A few Wiis can't read the disc because the lens needs to be cleaned. My friend has a launch Wii, and he's playing Brawl as we speak.

Arshen

Smash Cadet
I got mine the First Day iot was out, had to send it in when the OS got corrupted to a Wii Update. So Mines still First Gen. You guys are gonna have to experiment to see. If you got it a year or before after Wii Release, you may want to be cautious.

EggSucker

Smash Cadet
Canada - Somewhere cold Mains: Yoshi, Pikachu, F

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Ummm no..first of all I doubt they'd make a dual layered game in which hundreds of thousands of people will have to send in their Wii's to Nintendo of America for it to be physically upgraded to play a dual layered dvd. The workload would be too much...since alot of people are still using their first batch Wii's (me included) I think Nintendo would tell people in advanced that their Wii would need to be updated in order to play SSBB...which ...they haven't. So it definitely can't be because your Wii is too old...no offense but that's just ********. Your Wii sucks...dirty lens is usually the problem. Have an expert open up your Wii and fix it...that's usually it anyway. Once again your Wii can't be too old to play SSBB I was just playing with my friend online a few mins ago who has one of the first Wii shipments and it works perfectly for him..so yah.

edit - I totally didn't see flying shooter's post when I wrote this...so this is not me copying him for the record LMAO :p

Edfishy

Smash Rookie
Just got Brawl from a midnight release, looks like my Wii won't run it. I'm going to try and get the screwdriver to open the Wii and clean the lens. I've had to open the GameCube and adjust the laser frequency all the time, this should be a similar operation.

If that don't work, I guess I'll be sending it in. Stinks though.

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
Well, I have a launch Wii, but I haven't used it THAT much, so, hopefully my lens is still clean... Guess I'll find out tomorrow...

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Just got Brawl from a midnight release, looks like my Wii won't run it. I'm going to try and get the screwdriver to open the Wii and clean the lens. I've had to open the GameCube and adjust the laser frequency all the time, this should be a similar operation.

If that don't work, I guess I'll be sending it in. Stinks though.
Be careful because that link specifically said "do NOT try to clean it on your own."

Good luck.

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
You people are crazy. Just go into your settings and manualy update your Wii. It needs to be updated in order to even recognize the Smash disc.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
You people are crazy. Just go into your settings and manualy update your Wii. It needs to be updated in order to even recognize the Smash disc.
Did you even read the link that I sent out? Yes, you do need to do the updates; but that isn't the only problem. Apparently Wiis with dirty lenses can't read the disc fast enough.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I get my copy here soon and am praying this doesnt happen to me (i got my Wii at Christmas, so it's not too old) good luck to all of you having trouble...

Sonic_VS_Mario

Smash Cadet
My Wii is about a year after it was released, would that be in the clear?
it all depends on the enviroment if your a mass smoker and u sit right next to ur wii or u have it sitting on a pile of dust i dont think it will work but if u dont smoke around it u should be good to go

Top Bottom