• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Isn't Working?!!?!?

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Let's stop posting in this thread and in Uh-Oh instead. It has the same information, less spam, and different ways to potentially fix the problem

Antinillus

Smash Rookie
Basically what happened is that Brawl is the first Wii game with enough content to require double-layer discs. Because of the double-layer discs, the laser can't have any imperfections, but dust and tobacco residue accumulate on the laser and make the Wii unable to read the disc, but only Brawl. I had the problem, sent my Wii and game into Nintendo for repairs, and should get it back either Monday or Tuesday. Nintendo was OK about it, at least they're paying for it, but I gotta say I'm pretty pissed about waiting a week. =/

milind4

Smash Apprentice
people, relax. this problem happens to only about 5% of wiis. nintendo fixes it for FREE (they even pay for shipping). if you can't wait the one week, or live in a place to which nintendo will not send your wii back (like me), then try using canned/compressed air. put the nozzle into the disk drive and give a few squirts in various directions. it will work if the problem is with dust (some are just faulty drives)

oh, and look on google for the compressed air thing for better instructions

Top Bottom