• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Insider

Florida

イーグランツ
Thank you all for the support :)

There has been conversation within planning times, as to what will happen when the magazine dies down. What will we do? Let it die. If it comes to the point where there is nothing more to update on regarding Brawl, then there will be no further point to the magazine. Though, hopefully the magazine can last for a long while.

First post updated with some already-known-information! Whoopee!

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
hey fellas. im an english minor and ive been writing a brawl essay for about a week. im still working on it, but i was wondering if you guys would consider it for a spot in the first issue.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
It wasnt there before... and if Lukintosh does want to join, I am sure there are some graphics (Back page?) that he / she (Cant remember) can do.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Well there is a lot to do, borders covers for the magazine, covers for each section the graphics for the review box, back cover graphics, graphics for everything basically.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Would you guys post stuff OUTSIDE of brawl, yet within the brawl community (fan stuff (fan games)) If you say yes you will be able to give out never before seen information on a certain game.

Florida

イーグランツ
Stryks, can do the graphic stuff guys.
No, we're going to be needing some more people helping out with imagery. METROID MAN, along with a few others, haven't been on recently. We might have to find people to replace them with. I'll let you know if anything pops up, Luke.

@Brawler
The main focus of this magazine will definitely be Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Though, we are planning on having some sort of Smashboards.com section, where we give shout-outs to good threads, helpful members, and among other things.

Florida

イーグランツ
@Mr. Game and Pichu
As mentioned in the original post, we're pretty much set. Though, soon we might be looking for additional members. We'll call for you if we need you :). Thanks for your support.

First post updated with already-known information....again!
Take a look, and tell us what you think.

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
I like the idea, but it seems to me that the development team should be smaller. Planning and development is not a necessary field. A steady cast of 5 should handle it, and just monitor the comment boards when in need of new ideas. Nice concept though. Maybe pick up some freelance contributers for some of the image/coding/flash work, having a rotating support cast could allow for a steady supply of fresh ideas, and I'm sure a few people such as my self would be willing to work Pro Bono on it occasionally.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I like the idea, but it seems to me that the development team should be smaller. Planning and development is not a necessary field. A steady cast of 5 should handle it, and just monitor the comment boards when in need of new ideas. Nice concept though. Maybe pick up some freelance contributers for some of the image/coding/flash work, having a rotating support cast could allow for a steady supply of fresh ideas, and I'm sure a few people such as my self would be willing to work Pro Bono on it occasionally.
Wow, that makes perfect sense. Much easier then having a "fulltime" staff that will start to slack off eventually.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I dont want to be on staff, but dont be surprised if i send in some freelance contributions relatively soon. Use them or not, doesnt matter

Florida

イーグランツ
Yeah, it's still going on. The delay has thrown us off, so it might not come out until April or later. We're still planning and gathering information on the game, so please be patient with us. We have a lot of ideas that I'm sure will keep you guys happy. :)

Sorry for being so dead.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
It might have been alive through something else. You guys should try to bring it back, it was a good idea, what did you guys just stop working on it?

doctortommy

Smash Cadet
Sounds pretty cool.

I hope it turns out well, I'd love to read it.

ah, I see this post was dead.....

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I, being the respective guy i am shall take it over, l past emplyees may contact me :)
Actually, please don't take the name "Brawl Insider". Me and egruntz may do something in the near future with it.

Also, it would be nice if this thread could be closed. Sorry for those who were looking forward to this. We just never got around to getting things running and having a magazine w/ all its pages isn't the easiest thing to do in the world :(

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Well BHLMRO I won't name it that, hope you guys get something working soon, and maybe later on we could merge :)

Top Bottom