• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: Inside Information (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_Insider

Smash Rookie
I'm going through a lot of trouble to post this, and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Let's just say I know some people who know some stuff about Brawl. Here's what I know:

All together, there will be 42 playable characters in Brawl.

The characters being removed from the Melee to Brawl transfer are:
Pichu
Docter Mario
Shiek
Young Link
Roy

Unannounced Newcomers are:
3rd Pary
Sega - Sonic
Capcom - Megaman

1st Party
Animal Crossing Boy
Meowth
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
King Dedede
Lucas
Captain Olimar
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario [Via transformation]
Kat & Ana (Duo)

A few assist trophies:
3rd Party
Sega - Chaos [A stampede of Chaos charge the screen, knocking away all foes]
Sega - Tails [Tails swoops from the skies in his airplane, firing missiles down at the stage.]
Capcom - Zero [Zero charges back and forth across the stage, damaging anyone in his path.]
Capcom - The Judge [The judge from Phoenix Wright appears over head, much bigger than normal. He slams his giant gavel onto the stage repeatedly, crushing anyone in the way.]

1st Party
Zant [The sky turns a tone of orange as Zant crushes a single random character]

An unreleased stage:
Sonic's level - Space Station Arc [The fight progresses through several different areas outside the space station. Gravity is reduced, so jumps are much higher.]

I'm not stupid, I know most of you guys aren't going to believe me. So just for insurance, I'll also tell you one of the updates that's coming next week. When it happens, you'll know I'm not lying. Captain Falcon will be confirmed.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
It's "chao" when plural.

A person on GameFAQs has a source that said 34 characters & that source accurately predicted this week's character updates. I'm more inclined to agree with it than you.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I have been browsin this sight for a while. But when i saw this i immediatly signed up to say something.
If this is real, then im even more f**ing hyped for this game than before. If this whole thing is bull, then I hate u forever. But what u say isn't outside the realm of possibilty. Hmmmm

Revak

Smash Apprentice

And you honestly think anyone is going to believe you?

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
found the gamefaqs post

DON'T ASK FOR MY SOURCE. You will not be disappointed...

There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).
There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.
Six characters have been removed from the last game.
One of the "Original 12" has been removed.
There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).
All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.
Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer).

Mock me now if you must, but I'll certainly be having the last laugh. By the end of the week, you'll see that I'm correct with at least two of the above points.
im a fair guy so im willing to hold your post as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ok...you got a number of things incorrect...

I have no inside info, just theory but...

the characters not returning are...

Ness, Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Game & Watch, and Young Link...

Ness unfortunately is being replaced by Lucas...I loved Earthbound and Lucas' design is horrible so that annoys me...

I may be wrong about the Game & Watch, it MAY be Ice Climbers instead but I doubt it.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy if either on of these "insiders" is correct. It'll be awsome either way.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, Hawk. That one even without the 2 character updates this week is somewhat realistic and believable; I'm glad he's not one of the people who think the game will have "minimum 40 characters".

Edit: Although, I'm intrigued by the character removal; is the "Original 12" character in addition to the six others, or among the six others?

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
what i find weird is that the posts seem to compliment each other.

if someone knows an admin in the gamefaqs forum they should ask to see the ip of the first poster then a smashboard admin could check this guy's ip and compare.

just a thought.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
3rd Pary
Sega - Sonic
Capcom - Megaman

1st Party
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
King Dedede
Lucas
Captain Olimar
Those seem reasonable...

Meowth...not so much...
If the Animal Crossing Boy gets in I wouldn't be too surprised since an Animal Crossing Rep is 100% confirmed...But why the boy...I think that's boring...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any one with Meowth on it is not reasonable...I think there is enough pokemon reps...

Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff

Luckily no Pichu

Besides...to the game Meowth adds nothing but is a random pokemon with no importance...The stupid show should not count...Horrible show with no plot

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
ok...you got a number of things incorrect...

I have no inside info, just theory but...

the characters not returning are...

Ness, Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Game & Watch, and Young Link...

Ness unfortunately is being replaced by Lucas...I loved Earthbound and Lucas' design is horrible so that annoys me...

I may be wrong about the Game & Watch, it MAY be Ice Climbers instead but I doubt it.
LOL why would Game & Watch not be returning?? He is an icon of early pre-NES Nintendo. He was basically Nintendo's equivalent of Mario during early 80's.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Im more for this one more than the gamefaqs guy. Partly for the 40+ character(Heck yeah). Partly because the gamfaqs guy was very general. The "Old fighter, new fighter" prediction could have been sheer luck. The sora-insider is taken big risks. If i see C. Falcon next week, im gettin ready to welcome the blue blur.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL why would Game & Watch not be returning?? He is an icon of early pre-NES Nintendo. He was basically Nintendo's equivalent of Mario during early 80's.
Well if it's not Game and Watch it's Ice Climbers...Personally I like Game and Watch better, but I assure you one of them is out...

I'm made an assumption of the 2...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That person has no idea what he is talking about...and people have been predicting Captain Falcon for weeks...one week someone has to get it right...

The one thing from the "Prophecy" I see as right...if anything...is that 15 character additions seems reasonable...

Geno and Ridley have good odds if nothing else to be in those 15 additions

Legendary_Kyle

Smash Apprentice
i think that i may not be able to believe you insider due to the fact that in anoter thread a while ago they have been working on the design for sheik and thatshe is coming back but if i see c.Falcon next week ill beleive you more than anyone else besides you typed sincerely so maybe.....

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
the captain falcon thing is just to appear like he's taking a risk, so people won't dismiss him as a fraud right away. it's a fairly safe guess anyway. he just wants to be able to laugh at everyone believing him until next friday morning. then when he's wrong he'll just disappear and start a new "prophesy" with a new name/ip. same crap was happening before pokemon d/p came out...

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I'm going through a lot of trouble to post this, and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Let's just say I know some people who know some stuff about Brawl. Here's what I know:

All together, there will be 42 playable characters in Brawl.

The characters being removed from the Melee to Brawl transfer are:
Pichu
Docter Mario
Shiek
Young Link
Roy

3rd Pary
Sega - Sonic
Capcom - Megaman

1st Party
Animal Crossing Boy
Meowth
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
King Dedede
Lucas
Captain Olimar
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario [Via transformation]
Kat & Ana (Duo)

I'm not stupid, I know most of you guys aren't going to believe me. So just for insurance, I'll also tell you one of the updates that's coming next week. When it happens, you'll know I'm not lying. Captain Falcon will be confirmed.

Ok, so according to this these are the characters:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Link
4. DK
5. Pikachu
6. Jigglypuff
7. Yoshi
8. Fox
9. Capt. Falcon
10. Ness
11. Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
12. Kirby
13. Mewtwo
14. Ganondorf
15. Peach
16. Zelda
17. Bowser
18. Mr. Game & Watch
19. Ice Climbers
20. Marth
21. Falco
22. Pit
23. Ike
24. Pokemon Trainer
25. Wario
26. Snake
27. Meta Knight
28. Sonic
29. Megaman
30. Animal Crossing Kid
31. Meowth
32. Diddy
33. K. Rool
34. Dedede
35. Lucas
36. Olimar
37. Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
38. Kat & Ana

That's only 38 (Aha!) so unless you "forgot" 4 newcomers, then this is probably fake.

However, if you are telling the truth, and you want to prove it, don't predict Capt. Falcon. Everbody knows he'll be posted soon. If you want to prove you are telling the truth, then tell us specifically what Monday's update will be.

EDIT: besides, Krystal and Lucario have very good chances of being in Brawl.

nintendoxxx1

Smash Rookie
You guys, he's just sharing what he thinks. What's wrong with that?

And yes, C. Falcon will be confirmed since Samuari Goroh is an assist trophy

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
this is just a likely prediction but sad cause i was hoping wolf over falco and mewtwo replaced with lucario as well as ridley added but thats just me

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
I'm not believing either one. This week I predicted every single update. All four. My post is in the prediction thread, I'm too lazy to go find it, but I predicted that there would be 2 characters, a newcomer and a veteran, a game mode/how to play and an assist trophy. I predicted all of that, and it wasn't too hard. Just take a bunch of things you haven't seen in a while and predict em. I don't care if either one of these dungbags predicted ANYTHING right. It's just guessing, coincedences and a bunch of characters that everybody wants in, so are believable. I say stop posting here after me, and leave the thread alone, because all you are are giving this guy attention and that's all these threads are made by (people who want attention). You are all gonna find out everything about the game when the time comes, so just let Sakurai and the updates do their job and we can all just wait fir that time. Until then, don't listen to these threads, because there are ten million of em, and even if they are right, we wouldn't know until Dec 3.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Plus wasn't shiek semi-confirmed?
No, just the guys behind Twilight Princess gave Sora models for Link, Zelda and Sheik. Doesn't mean they were used, and even if they were, it could be for anything, from an AT to a Sticker.

Anyway, since this ISNT a Dojo Update, I'm moving it to general discussion.

Revven

FrankerZ
This is interesting, however, I'm not going to go ahead and believe it like the lot of you. This guy forgot to include Pokèmon Trainer and Ike in the list of newcomers. Obviously, this isn't true because of that. The other one seems more believeable but I STILL doubt it.

Don't get your hopes up, wait until the game releases in Japan and then we'll know everything.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I can't believe there are people actually believing this. Shiek and Ganondorf's designs have been given to Sakurai so they can be suited for Brawl at an IGN interview. There's that, and do you really think the people would risk their jobs just to tell information to one person with them trying to keep everything they want secret? I don't think so. This is no different than the last thread with Icy Drifter.

Waenke

Smash Cadet
ATTENTION EVERYONE, THIS IS FAKE. You know why? Here, let me post a little quote from IGN about Brawl.
This past week has seen the official introduction of The Subspace Emissary, the game's new Adventure Mode – as well as the reconfirmation of Princess Peach through the video that accompanied that blog post, and the reconfirmation of Sheik and Ganondorf through a recent interview with Nintendo's Zelda series master, Eiji Aonuma.

Here is the link to the webpage as well, - http://wii.ign.com/articles/810/810757p1.html - this sentence can be found starting halfway through the first paragraph.

You said sheik was kicked, well, guess what, he's not, therefore, this is fake.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I highly doubt that Super Smash Bros has released this much information to anyone outside of the developing team.

But, I guess we will just have to wait and see if you right in the end.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
ATTENTION EVERYONE, THIS IS FAKE. You know why? Here, let me post a little quote from IGN about Brawl.
This past week has seen the official introduction of The Subspace Emissary, the game's new Adventure Mode – as well as the reconfirmation of Princess Peach through the video that accompanied that blog post, and the reconfirmation of Sheik and Ganondorf through a recent interview with Nintendo's Zelda series master, Eiji Aonuma.

Here is the link to the webpage as well, - http://wii.ign.com/articles/810/810757p1.html - this sentence can be found starting halfway through the first paragraph.

You said sheik was kicked, well, guess what, he's not, therefore, this is fake.
Well,Shiek could come back as an assist trophy. Anyway,I don't think this is true, I mean,come on,Meowth? Kat and Ana? I'm sorry,but I doubt it. I won't even believe you if Falcon comes back,because he's bound to be revealed soon. You know what,if you tell us ANOTHER updae this week and it's true,then I'll believe you. Although it looks like you just came to post some phony 'info" and then leave.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

And you honestly think anyone is going to believe you?
There is some truth to what you just said; however, don't you believe you scare off new members with you're harshness......and just plain being rude bro? Wow....just wow. Someone's feeling a bit insecure.

*cough* But anyways, I'm still praying to this day that the blue bomber will make an appearance as a playable character. If not that, then don't put him on the game at all.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
It's sad how when idiots post crap like this it gets people talking, and then stupid rumors start. I think 90% of the generally accepted 'truths' of Brawl are nothing but hyped rumors anyway. Some of you are only believing what you want to hear.

Also take this into consideration:

I could start a new account and make a rediculous claim, and then say that the evidence will be proven because I know what an update is. I could simply guess. If I guessed wrong, it's fine, because I just made the account and will recieve no bad rep on my real account. If my guess was right, it'll look like I have 'inside information' - when really it was just an educated guess.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
This is interesting, however, I'm not going to go ahead and believe it like the lot of you. This guy forgot to include Pokèmon Trainer and Ike in the list of newcomers. Obviously, this isn't true because of that. The other one seems more believeable but I STILL doubt it.

Don't get your hopes up, wait until the game releases in Japan and then we'll know everything.
The guy put up a list of "Unannounced" newcomers. so not putting the pokemon trainer or ike in there doesn't disprove anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom