• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: Inside Information (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
As awesome as Meowth would be, there's enough 1st gen Pokemon representatives.
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo

and Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.

If there IS another playable Pokemon character, I'd expect it to be from the 3rd or 4th (Blaziken or Lucario?), but I actually think that those 4 characters are already enough.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Probably more work than it's worth, but wouldn't it be fun if somebody compiled a list of characters based on "inside information" that people have claimed to have?

Really, I think that claiming inside info on Brawl without evidence to back you up should against the forum rules. Even if one of these people actually has the info, it is completely meaningless because anybody who would believe him would also believe the fakes.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I'm getting tired of these threads with people who claim to know info about Brawl. You're not fooling anyone except the n00bs. Therefore, it would be more effective if you posted a topic like this on the NSider forums.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Back on the IGN SSB board, we had a$$clowns like this showing up all the time, insisting that they were or knew someone in the know and were giving us this information.

This is a troll doing this to get a rise out of us, nothing more. Ignore it.

And right now, you're probably reaching for the post button to tell me how I "could be wrong", but that's because something on the troll's list entices you so you want to believe it. Hear my words, people: it's BS.

There are a type of people that get pleasure from lying to others on the internet (even though it's ridiculously easy to do due to anonymity). I myself have unfortunately come across a few of the types who actually derive sexual pleasure from having people believe their lies.

Now, judging by the fact that this person has exactly one post to date, I'm guessing they have an alternate account on this forum and the mods should check the IP address to see if its shared with anyone else.

I could be wrong, sure, but I've dealt with this type of animal too many times in the past to not drop a fair warning here. Even if they're saying what you want to hear, it's only because they get a thrill out of deceiving you.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Back on the IGN SSB board, we had a$$clowns like this showing up all the time, insisting that they were or knew someone in the know and were giving us this information.

This is a troll doing this to get a rise out of us, nothing more. Ignore it.

And right now, you're probably reaching for the post button to tell me how I "could be wrong", but that's because something on the troll's list entices you so you want to believe it. Hear my words, people: it's BS.

There are a type of people that get pleasure from lying to others on the internet (even though it's ridiculously easy to do due to anonymity). I myself have unfortunately come across a few of the types who actually derive sexual pleasure from having people believe their lies.

Now, judging by the fact that this person has exactly one post to date, I'm guessing they have an alternate account on this forum and the mods should check the IP address to see if its shared with anyone else.

I could be wrong, sure, but I've dealt with this type of animal too many times in the past to not drop a fair warning here. Even if they're saying what you want to hear, it's only because they get a thrill out of deceiving you.
I couldn't have said it better myself, Brother.

Conker1

Smash Ace
People are desperate they will believe anything.

The guys at the Sakurai's Studio/Super Mario Club(think they are testing the game) won't risk their jobs for a bunch of internet kids =/

Watch I can do it too!!!

There will be 40 characters.
4 characters will not be returning.
The original 12 all return.
There will be no clones.
Sonic is in.
There will be alternate costumes for some characters.

Make fun if you want, but I'm right. To prove it, I will tell you what next weeks updates will be. There will be a stage update :O
I did it! You must believe! I have inside sources!

susu_atari

Smash Ace
This guy said there are 42 characters, but with the characters he's listed, it only comes to 38 total. 20 Melee characters, 11 characters listed in this post, 5 newcomers announced on Dojo, Meta-Knight and Snake.

There's still room for all yr Ridleys, and by my reckoning, there's about a 90% chance that WWLink's gunna be in it, which leaves two more spots for you all to bicker over.

Don't panic.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
Fine, you all want another update? Monday will be Peach's Special.
you know you could be a little more specific, then we could really believe you.

example:

monday you will see Peach's B and Forward B, there will be 4 pictures, the backgrounds on each picture will be clockwise: jungle, eldin bridge, eldin bridge, battlefield.
furthermore to prove that it is peach on the pictures she will be showing 2 kinds of government picture ID, her social security number and her grandmother will be there to identify her.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Wait... sorry to double-post, but I've just realised that Animal Crossing Boy has already been deconfirmed. He's in the background to Smashville on Dojo. Second picture, just to the left of Bowser.
So close, Sora Insider. But you suxorz.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This guy said there are 42 characters, but with the characters he's listed, it only comes to 38 total. 20 Melee characters, 11 characters listed in this post, 5 newcomers announced on Dojo, Meta-Knight and Snake.

There's still room for all yr Ridleys, and by my reckoning, there's about a 90% chance that WWLink's gunna be in it, which leaves two more spots for you all to bicker over.

Don't panic.
90% chance is awfully big for a "clone" like character. I mean I know he probably wouldn't be a clone, and I do support Paper Mario, however I wouldn't say either of them have a great chance of making it in.

Am I the only one who would be disappointed with this character list? I like the Animal Crossing human and King Dedede of course... but where's Isaac? :(

Wait... sorry to double-post, but I've just realised that Animal Crossing Boy has already been deconfirmed. He's in the background to Smashville on Dojo. Second picture, just to the left of Bowser.
So close, Sora Insider. But you suxorz.
You're kidding right? That would work for Tom Nook, or the other villagers... but the humans are different. You can have four in one town, and hell, you can make them all look alike. :p

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I'm going through a lot of trouble to post this, and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Let's just say I know some people who know some stuff about Brawl. Here's what I know:

All together, there will be 42 playable characters in Brawl.

The characters being removed from the Melee to Brawl transfer are:
Pichu
Docter Mario
Shiek
Young Link
Roy

Unannounced Newcomers are:
3rd Pary
Sega - Sonic
Capcom - Megaman

1st Party
Animal Crossing Boy
Meowth
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
King Dedede
Lucas
Captain Olimar
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario [Via transformation]
Kat & Ana (Duo)

I'm not stupid, I know most of you guys aren't going to believe me. So just for insurance, I'll also tell you one of the updates that's coming next week. When it happens, you'll know I'm not lying. Captain Falcon will be confirmed.

Ok, so according to this these are the characters:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Link
4. DK
5. Pikachu
6. Jigglypuff
7. Yoshi
8. Fox
9. Capt. Falcon
10. Ness
11. Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
12. Kirby
13. Mewtwo
14. Ganondorf
15. Peach
16. Zelda
17. Bowser
18. Mr. Game & Watch
19. Ice Climbers
20. Marth
21. Falco
22. Pit
23. Ike
24. Pokemon Trainer
25. Wario
26. Snake
27. Meta Knight
28. Sonic
29. Megaman
30. Animal Crossing Kid
31. Meowth
32. Diddy
33. K. Rool
34. Dedede
35. Lucas
36. Olimar
37. Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
38. Kat & Ana

That's only 38 (Aha!) so unless you "forgot" 4 newcomers, then this is probably fake.

Fine, you all want another update? Monday will be Peach's Special.
That is likely to be true anyways. Tell us what Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Fri are. Then I'll believe you know something.

DoubleAced

Smash Apprentice
you know you could be a little more specific, then we could really believe you.

example:

monday you will see Peach's B and Forward B, there will be 4 pictures, the backgrounds on each picture will be clockwise: jungle, eldin bridge, eldin bridge, battlefield.
furthermore to prove that it is peach on the pictures she will be showing 2 kinds of government picture ID, her social security number and her grandmother will be there to identify her.
I don't know anything about what screenshots will be posted and whatnot, I'm not Sakurai. And I only have a limited amount of information about upcoming updates; I don't know it all.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
c'mon, Sora Insider. Seeing as you *clearly* know an awful lot, why not give us some more juice? Come on, give us something that we haven't actually thought of *ourselves* yet, because nobody saw the stickers coming. Did you know about them? Because that would have been some real proof of your connections.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
I don't know anything about what screenshots will be posted and whatnot, I'm not Sakurai. And I only have a limited amount of information about upcoming updates; I don't know it all.
Wait, wasn't Sora Insider the one with the info?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL
DoubleAced, you are the lamest excuse for a prankster I have ever seen. For the love of God.

I pity you.

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
Lookie here, I also had insider info and got most of this week's update right, hah! You can see my post here: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2720655&postcount=415 (for you skeptical people)

I missed the ****ed Pokémon Trainer and the Stickers update. Gah! Oh well, can't get everything right. :D

According to my "insider" info you can bet Sheik's gonna be in Brawl. Oh yes!

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
Hollldd upp.

I'm also skeptical about this, but I'm NOT ruling him out yet. In contrast, the other guy on gamefaqs was wrong about some character list in a wrestling game in the past, so he's out of the picture.

Think about it. SO many people are working on this game Brawl. These employees know what is in the game and the people at the top have already played it in its beta testing stages. Let's be fair and do an under-estimate: 100 people working on the game. I doubt 100 people, let alone a large mass development team, can keep a secret. Some of its details are BOUND to be leaked somewhere via conversation/random chat. And its nearly impossible to track exactly who was the first to leak them out.

The character list was known for the SSBM release, and many didn't believe it. Someone posted Roy, Game and Watch, young link, and most didn't even know who they were at the time. So don't rule the person out just yet.

So before you bash him like a "internet mob", give him a chance. If Peach's special IS on Monday AND Captain Falcon shows up next week, I'll be more inclined to believe his sources.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
if he is right and he keeps updating us like this, i promise to buy him a 6-pack (7.99 via paypal)

Your just listing a bunch of things that are likely to happen... I could make something exactly like this...

New players:
* King Dedede
* Captain Olimar
* Ridley
* Diddy Kong
* etc etc

And meowth is not going to get in...

I don't know if anyone is actually taking you seriously... >_>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom