• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Graveyard: Where lost hopes rest

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Little Mac is an assist trophy, and Fox gets a makeover so that he looks like Wolf. Brawl is lacking villains here. K. Rool had better make the cut as a fighter, because this is just ridiculous to be seeing villains be denied.

RWB

Smash Ace
Little Mac is an assist trophy, and Fox gets a makeover so that he looks like Wolf. Brawl is lacking villains here. K. Rool had better make the cut as a fighter, because this is just ridiculous to be seeing villains be denied.
Ugh, Wolf isn't even a villain, just an antagonist.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wolf deconfirmed!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Although some said it just changes his fur color so there's still hope. But still... darn it.

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
Someone might have posted this before and I'm sorry if they did but I dont see how having a mii wifi play icon disconfirms the miis, The playable characters all have icons of their own so how does this deconfirm miis.

Again I'm sorry if this has been said before.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone might have posted this before and I'm sorry if they did but I dont see how having a mii wifi play icon disconfirms the miis, The playable characters all have icons of their own so how does this deconfirm miis.

Again I'm sorry if this has been said before.
Because he wouldn't reveal a new character like that, especially when obvious characters were omitted from that update...

And they have a different background than the playable characters

...and they just plain suck

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Because he wouldn't reveal a new character like that, especially when obvious characters were omitted from that update...

And they have a different background than the playable characters

...and they just plain suck
But miis and a general mii icon are completely different, plus this idea of Sakurai wouldn't show this before he announces that is bogus because it's based entirely off opinion and not on any facts. I don't care if it seems likely, that doesn't make it 100% true.

And why is wolf denounced? I know it says he as turned into an alternate costume but i've yet to see such a thing or hear it. can someone please tell me.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Again, this thread deconfirms people WAY too quickly, seriously a palette swap means nothing.
it deconfirms wolf as much as Daisy is by peach's alt. out. in melee.

if wolf were in the game, they wouldn't let you make fox look just like him

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whoa, stop, hold it...DIXIE was seen as a Diddy costume? Can I get a video one this one?
Unfortunetly there is no video yet...

However, it's not really Dixie because the lack of hair...

...It's more like Diddy wearing Dixies clothing...

raul

Smash Lord
This is surprising. Wolf deconfirmed by a costume change? What a way to go. This doesn't add up to me. The SSB series has been lacking villans and antagonists, so why lower that number with turning one of them into an alternate costume? Unless they are a large number of villans that we don't know about that are bound to make an appearance as playable characters (King Dedede, King K.Rool, Ridley, Black Knight, Gannondorf, etc.) combined with those we already know (at this time, Bowser and Wario), then I could understand no Wolf O' Donnell. I guess we must wait and see.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
We can't completely deconfirm idea is complete rubbish. The idea we can complete 100 % deconfirm something by hidden clues doesn't make much sense. I could understand if this thread was a 90% unprobable thread or the like, but I can't accept this. It harbors on the border of irrational thinking.

I'm sory If I may haveoffended the thread maker and please don't take this personally but i think that it would be better to have more of a chart of deconfirmation. For example AT reveals would result in a 99% deconfirmation and be red or completely unlikely while characters like Wolf would have a slightly unidealistic rating meaning he could be in but at the point it doesn't make sense for such a move.

raul

Smash Lord
Told you this thread was full of ****.

Luigi = Deconfirmed acording to this ****ed up threads logic.
Well, I don't believe to be the thread's logic that is in question, but rather the evidence that is used. Example? Sure.

We can all agree that Little Mac with not be a playable character for obviously he has been confirmed on the official Smash Brothers Brawl website that he is an assist trophy. That is the best evidence to prove whether or not a character is NOT playable.

Also when a character as seen as part of the stage, such as KK Slider in the Animal Crossing level or whatever its called; a character that is part of a stage CANNOT be used as a playable character.

For Pokemon, if they appear in a pokeball, then they CANNOT be a playable character.

When characters are part of the adventure mode, Homerun contest, 1-player missions or some other part of regular game play, ie an example from Melee, Giga Bowser was a boss in event 51, then they are NOT playable characters. (This also includes Bosses)

What do all of these have in common? We actually see the character physically represented in the game. We saw Giga Bowser in Melee, we see Little Mac as an Assist Trophy, We see Mewoth in a poke ball, we saw the Goomba's in Melee in adventure mode and we see KK Slider in the background of the Animal Crossing Stage. All of these are physical representations of evidence that a character will not be a playable character in Brawl.

A costume change does NOT show a physical representation of a said character. All it does is alternate the clothing options of an already confirmed character.

Now some of you will argue that in Melee, Peach had an alternative costume of that was Daisy's attire, thus removing her from the possibility of the playable character list in Melee. I argue that Daisy may have never been considered to be a playable character in the first place. Also Melee did not have assist trophies, which allow more character appearances in Brawl. Without AT's in Melee, it lowers the chances of characters making appearance completely.

So what am I getting at? I believe that just because a confirmed character has an alternate costume that appears to be a unconfirmed character, does not mean that a unconfirmed character should be deconfirmed. A physical representation is need, ie, pokeball, AT, part of the stage or gameplay, or as I forgotten to mention a collectible Trophy, to prove that this character is deconfirmed as a playable character.

So, I believe Wolf could still show up as a Boss, part of stage, collectibel trophy, or an assist trophy.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, it doesn't make much sense doesn't it?

Yea, Wolf's down... For now.

The fact that led me to deconfirming Wolf is that the way it was described. Everyone says that Fox's costume change looks like Wolf. In Melee, we had Daisy and Blood Falcon as Peach's can Capt. Falcon's alternate costume respectively. In a sense, they were playable, just not in their own character. Get it?

So I took Wolf out of the list now, but I still have a feeling he won't be playable in the end.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Hmm... well my main jiggly... I love her... but apparently, pika's outfit changes are:

Pika's red hat
pichu's blue goggles
and
Jiggly's green headband

I'm worried about jiggs after this

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
What costume RULE? Who said anything about a rule? Daisy was a costume in Melee and there was no rule.

raul

Smash Lord
What costume RULE? Who said anything about a rule? Daisy was a costume in Melee and there was no rule.
There is no rule in terms of the actual SSB games. What was said was that if youre going to create the "rule" or THEORY that a character is deconfirmed by a costume that represents an unconfirmed character found on a confirmed character, then you must apply it to every situation it is revelant regardless of your personal bias.

Example: If Wolf Costume found on Fox then Wolf deconfirmed. So If Waluigi Costume found on Wario then Waluigi deconfirmed. You can't say "Oh I like Waluigi so that cannot be the case." Personal bias cannot change the rule.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well i heard that ONLY fox's fur changes color, he doesn't change his clothing. So Wolf deconfirmed? not yet. We need a pic or video.

Top Bottom