• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Demo Torrent?! (No link here, mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I found a torrent labeled "Super Smash Brothers Brawl Demo [NTSC]" on a site O_O I'm not going to link to it, but I just wanted to share my findings. Also, there are multiple torrents of it, so it may not be a virus or something o_O

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
a torrent of a Brawl demo?i found it on torrentspy,and it is 4 gb.Could this the only way to play brawl before 2008? We need someone to download it and play it on a modded wii,if this however works,il be buying a new modded wii and downloading this all the way!,people being a man and going on it?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
a torrent of a Brawl demo?i found it on torrentspy,and it is 4 gb.Could this the only way to play brawl before 2008? We need someone to download it and play it on a modded wii,if this however works,il be buying a new modded wii and downloading this all the way!,people being a man and going on it?
My brother (has his own apartment) has a modded wii, and I sent him an email about it. He's extremely busy, but if he replies and downloads it, I'll ask him if it works, and I'll post info on the boards :)

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Mm...I'm not to into modding my Wii, even for a Brawl demo.
I'd rather wait out the two months than have to buy a new Wii if something gets ****ed up, whether the "demo" isn't really a demo, or I **** it up when modding. I'm not exactly an expert at soldering wires, especially if I have to solder the D2C chip.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Wait, nobody notices this has already been talked about? It's fake, it requires a password to unzip the file that you need to answer a survey for.

Bait and switch.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
It's fake. The torrent contains a file that can't be opened without a password. To "get the password", you have to answer one of those "Answer this survey to get a free 360!" surveys you see on advertisements.

It's a classic bait-and-switch tactic.

GOTM

Smash Champion
yeah i kind of figured it was too good to be true.

theres always a chance though of someone from nintendo wanting to do something crazy and making a torrent of something like that, haha. didnt a torrent demo of GH3 come out for the 360 that worked even on non-modded systems?

oh well, but thats what gave me hope, lol

Zantetsu2

Smash Apprentice
There will be NO demo for brawl leaked. Egruntz told me that the demo's weren't even using wii's but they had something on them that was running the disks or something... I'll link him to the thread and he'll tell ya

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
when you put a mod chip in your console you can do things that you can't normally do.When i modded my ps2 i gave it a HD for downloading games. i had lots of backups and crap on it. i had all the good games like RE4 and GTAS for free.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I don't believe it's virus, and I'm dl:ing it too. Let us now when you finish, ok?
My Utorrent is so slow :p

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
What else could be in it, though? 4gb of text? We need a 1333333333333337 hacker to come in here and hack through the ads.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
The torrent has been posted for about a month, people have tried to do the password getting scheme, no one has gotten a password yet, so yeah, fake~.

It is quite a smart dealie though, put something like that up to get people to sign up for **** and get a free Xbox 360 system? I should try that sometime.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Hey guys I'm just putting in my 2 cents here,
I am an alright haxxor person. (make cracks n so forth)
But from my knowledge most torrent files that are zipped rar'd or wateva, the password is normally the torrent hash.
Someone try that.
I dont have a wii so im not going to download it.
but if that doesnt work maybe i should download it and go all 1337 on its ***.

EDIT: for example i just did a search on smash bros brawl. and it came up with a torrent.
Under the name of the torrent it had the
Hash: 32175d851c2c3321ccb0c6c5f369452161636003
Dont go flaming me if it doesnt work.
As it is just a theory.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
Hey guys I'm just putting in my 2 cents here,
I am an alright haxxor person. (make cracks n so forth)
But from my knowledge most torrent files that are zipped rar'd or wateva, the password is normally the torrent hash.
Someone try that.
I dont have a wii so im not going to download it.
but if that doesnt work maybe i should download it and go all 1337 on its ***.

EDIT: for example i just did a search on smash bros brawl. and it came up with a torrent.
Under the name of the torrent it had the
Hash: 32175d851c2c3321ccb0c6c5f369452161636003
Dont go flaming me if it doesnt work.
As it is just a theory.
Good thought, but didn't work.

I Tried: Hash, trackers, every possible form of smashbros/brothers/brawl, and even used a brute force cracker. Its just a fake .rar with probably a 100 character password cause it must be more than 4 (what i tried with brute force w/tables)

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
That one is fake. Moreover, it's a ploy to get hits. They don't have any other content.

In any event, there is another leak rumor, but that's being discussed in Brawl Discussion, so I'm going to close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom