• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
^I think that if only part of a song is available, then don't upload it at all, IMO. There should be no "it was the only source available" as an excuse. If it's not the full version, it's not accepted. This should, from now on, include any BRSTMs made that don't include the full song, whether it's lack of intro (Mario Kart etc), or from a source that only plays half the song.

Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone have an answer to the following question? When some people record music from a game, they may cut out the intro to avoid any SFX. But one thing really annoys me about those. Cutting out the intro is itself irritating. But why the GOD DAMNED HELL do people do that stupidly pointless "fade in" thing? WHY the hell is it that certain "rips" of songs from games don't just "start", they have to start quietly then increase in volume over 1-2 seconds? I get the idea of the missing intro. But why the fade ins?

Darknut

Smash Cadet
BRSTMs I've made so far (higher quality than those links though):

aLIEz (Instrumental) - Hiroyuki Sawano - Aldnoah.Zero OST (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrLng3LBqhU)
-The instrumental version of the full song featured here. It's AWESOME.

名付扇子0型5☆極★服 - Track 5 - Hiroyuki Sawano - Kill la Kill OST II (http://youtu.be/ywV1NZ-ZXUs?t=7m28s) (from 7:28 till end)

PowerResonance - Yuuki Hayashi - Gundam Build Fighters OST (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNTWbTXa8GU)
- I think I ended up mixing around bits of PowerResonance so it's not the same as the link, but it's still good.

All my BRSTM files are in this folder below, may include newer ones I haven't written about here (I'll try to edit this accordingly)!

https://app.box.com/s/r90i32hhox2ljpmvcp8r

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure no one really uses this topic for actually looking for BRSTMs any more. It's seems mostly to discuss BRSTMs and stuff. It was more or less decided that BRSTMs should be uploaded to http://www.brawlcustommusic.com, because links in this topic tend to die.

Darknut

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure no one really uses this topic for actually looking for BRSTMs any more. It's seems mostly to discuss BRSTMs and stuff. It was more or less decided that BRSTMs should be uploaded to http://www.brawlcustommusic.com, because links in this topic tend to die.
Ah okay. Those are my first BRSTMs, aLIEz is really good! None of the fading out as you like :p of its looping there's no point of a fade. Lol

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@ soneek soneek So, I was chatting with @ Segtendo Segtendo about helping him out with acquiring the soundtrack from the Sonic and Knuckles collection (a.k.a., the Sonic 3 and Knuckles soundtrack for PC), and we ended up discussing why the site is currently down. His best guess is that, from how many people have been downloading the brstms from SSB4, the site couldn't keep up with it all and went to sleep. Either way, how soon until it's back up and running?

Update: Site's back up. You can disregard the question part of this comment at this time.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have a question about BrawlBRSTMs3. A simple question.

Does it still have 2 strikes? And I want an up-to-date answer, not a "it was 2 when I checked 2 months ago, so I'll assume" kind of answer.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oh lordy. That ORAS music <3

How come the logos are different? Some say Omega Ruby, others say Alpha Sapphire.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I was going to ask a similar question. How did you make them have different logos?

Also, I assume the ones with separate logos are exclusive to that version? And maybe the ones that are in both versions have a double logo? IDK

Also, a four strike system? So... does that mean I can deliberately upload loads of Square music? LOL j/k

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
What? :(
I amped it up too... And it's still too low? I just didn't want to potentially deal with clipping. XD
Oh lordy. That ORAS music <3

How come the logos are different? Some say Omega Ruby, others say Alpha Sapphire.
Random, maybe?
"Encounter! Gentleman" is a little too...clicky...? Clippy...? :p

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Soneek? Um...

Fix the site, please?

Both the site and chat are down. Stop making the site crash :( plz :)

Last edited:

soneek

Smash Ace
Updating Hyrule Warriors, and also working on medleys. Does anybody wanna do Pikmin 3 or Nintendo Land?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I would.... if I knew what they were. My sister's had Nintendo Land since she got a Wii U Premium (or Deluxe as it's known in the US, and maybe other places, AFAIK) last Christmas.... but she's never played it. Infact, without exaggerating (because you know I like to exaggerate :p), the box for the game itself may have been touched, that is the atoms of one's hands have come into contact with the atoms of the box... idk, however, the box has, if ever, probably only ever been opened once.... and even if it has, the disc has been in the box since Christmas.

It's not so much a case of "she doesn't want to play it", it's a case of.... "she just... hasn't got round to playing it because she's spent so long on Kid Icarus: Uprising... well over 4000 hours, averaging about 3-4 hours per session over the .... 2.7 ish years since it was released.

Um... anyway... yeah.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I was actually planning to do Hyrule Warriors, but I have no idea what these insane amounts of variations of the songs are used for, or what to call them. :p

MK8's Rainbow Road (Final Lap) actually had a bad loop, probably the only song that had one. Patched it up though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You could have all sorts of fun with those Hyrule Warriors streams. I made a Skyloft BRSTM that has no lead guitar.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Lol. You should see the amount of 'Solidus Cave' BRSTMs I uploaded. It's ridiculous. XD

...So what should we do with Vector's pending BRSTMs?

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
If they're still there, there are two options.

Reject them.
Or
Approve them, but just update them.

In the end, it's really a case of whether you want to have Vector Habor as the "creator" of the BRSTMs, or yourself :p

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Approving then updating seems just a slight bit more tedious. XD
I have the better BRSTMs ready, so I could just upload them all at once. So I guess I'll go with the former. :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm all for rejecting his and uploading your's. Less of a hassle. If we could update multiple BRSTMs at once, that would be great, but we can't.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, exactly. They're taken care of now. So that's outta the way.
That might be it for Hyrule Warriors from me. *Phew*

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Now that my family got Xfinity, my download/upload speed has increased. I can now approve BRSTMs faster.

soneek

Smash Ace
I've enabled BCSTM downloads on the site. The nice thing is that I don't need extra files to do it. The song data is exactly the same for BRSTM, BCSTM, and BFSTM, but the header is different. I just rebuild the headers to have the right pointers and byte order and we're set. I'll enable BFSTM downloads if Wii U hacking becomes an actual thing.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
I've enabled BCSTM downloads on the site. The nice thing is that I don't need extra files to do it. The song data is exactly the same for BRSTM, BCSTM, and BFSTM, but the header is different. I just rebuild the headers to have the right pointers and byte order and we're set. I'll enable BFSTM downloads if Wii U hacking becomes an actual thing.
I assume all of those file types will still work on brawlbox, right?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I separated the Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash, each with their own logos.

For the 3DS version, I changed the logo, but I'm leaving the Youtube videos alone.

Should we just approve the current Smash BRSTMs and update them later once we get raw rips?

Last edited:

soneek

Smash Ace
Don't approve anything until an actual rip is out. These people clearly don't read the rules on the upload page. :facepalm:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, soneek? You know that thing where you can have a BRSTM assigned to 2 different games? What if a song is on two different games, but with different titles for each? For example, Beat Block Skyway/Blast Block Skyway from Super Mario 3D World, is also in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

On a similar note, GameXplain has a video showing all the default (i.e. not locked) music themes used in Super Smash Bros Wii U. For "Original" (i.e. not "Remix") music, will you be adding Super Smash Bros for Wii U as a second game, and similarly, any Wii U tunes from the 3DS version?

soneek

Smash Ace
I'll see. I don't really have time to manage all of that. Also, I really don't like Vector Harbor for some reason, aside from the fact that he uploads everything from YouTube rips and copies all of the BrawlBRSTMs3 videos.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, are you saying that if I was to blindly reject every single Vector Harbor-uploaded BRSTM, without even checking it, it wouldn't matter?

Also, the Suspend Account button doesn't work... <_<

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Lol... "Weiners".

BTW, soneek? One of the "reasons why a BRSTM may be rejected", should be whether it's too quiet, or too loud.

Last edited:

soneek

Smash Ace
Lol... "Weiners".

BTW, soneek? One of the "reasons why a BRSTM may be rejected", should be whether it's too quiet, or too loud.
Yes. Speaking generally here, make sure if you're converting from ripped streams, you actually check the volume. The main focus is making BRSTMs that can be inserted into Brawl, MKWii, and other Wii games (and now 3DS games). Not everything is already loud enough to hear in-game, so we can't let ourselves get lazy.

When merging multichannel songs, the volume will need to be adjusted for the different audio pairs. If it doesn't sound right to you, make adjustments. I'm working on getting exact volume levels out of bcsars/bfsars, so hopefully we'll be able to use those as a reference in the future.

Top Bottom