• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

In that case, why not we ask him about it and let him know that we'll need the info to make a "help wanted" ad to get some volunteers to apply? I'm sure that he'll understand that much.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Yeah. I think that might be the question the fans are wondering about for managing the site as well.

@TheUltimateKoopa

Um, something came up that's causing certain brstms to be unplayable, saying that the program can't recognize the input file. Should I go through and re-download those brstms again once I've got the download complete?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah. I think that might be the question the fans are wondering about for managing the site as well.

@TheUltimateKoopa

Um, something came up that's causing certain brstms to be unplayable, saying that the program can't recognize the input file. Should I go through and re-download those brstms again once I've got the download complete?
Are you using Winamp with vgmstream? If you are good, if not, you should be. BrawlBox sucks :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
lol 99 posts

Have you installed vgmstream into the correct location(s)?
Basically, in you Winamp plugins directory (C:\Program Files\Winamp\plugins) is there a file called "in_vgmstream.dll"? If there is, you have vgmstream installed on Winamp. All you need to do is simply open the BRSTMs in Winamp.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
I think it would just be easier just to re-download the files that aren't working rather than drag this one you guys.

:surprised: Wait a second!!! I just realized something. One of the files that said that the input wasn't recognized now has the message that, as far as I can tell, indicates that it's being downloaded. I guess I was just rushing at it before it was done. But the only way of finding out is to let it finish downloading and see for myself.

Yep. A file that wasn't recognized earlier is now working properly. I guess that proves that good things come to those who wait.

Why do I have a feeling that I won't know if what I think is happening is true or not is going to be confirmed by tomorrow?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What I don't understand is... "activate"? What is there to activate?
And before you ask what the plugin folder is...
C:\Program Files\Winamp\plugins

If you have a folder called Program Files and another Folder called Program Files (x86), try both of them, because it might also be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\plugins

OR just search "Winamp" and find a folder called Winamp, and then open that, and then open the folder called "plugins". Then drag "in_vgmstream.dll" there.

Also, to activate it, you need to get a highly trained nuclear bomb disposal team, as only they can carefully maneouvre the very explosive DLL file through the very very tiny chamber and the highly radioactive "Program Files" folder, and then they have exactly 10 seconds to unlock the Winamp folder, containing the plugins folder, before the radioactivity corrupts the DLL file, which is done by two members of the team pulling down two very large handles down, at precisely the same time. Even a fraction of a millisecond out, and your entire hard drive will be erased.

Why do you think I had to get a new PC last February?

Also, the seeding will stop in a few minutes, since, unlike most of you, I'm going to bed <_<

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Never mind. I figured out what was going on. Truth was, the file hadn't finished downloading yet, which was part of the problem. Oh well, you live and learn.

Wait, are you saying that your computer has to be active for me to download stuff from the torrent?......................................................................................................................... Ah, I see. At least I now know that I'll have to wait until tomorrow to resume the download. See you in the morning then.

Wow. I just realized that I'm now a Smash Apprentice. Is the Smash rank related to how many posts you've done?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Of course it's based on post.

99% of your posts have been in here.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

That's lame!!! It should be based more on how many victories in tournaments that you've won in, considering that it's the super smash brothers we're talking about!!!!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
No, you're lame. The rank is for the forums, not for the game. How many forums have you been to?

So, when was the last time this topic was the Brawl Custom Music Hub? It seems months now.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

By calling me "lame," it almost sounds like you're challenging me to a brawl match, turtle-bait. I just don't see how being a "smash lord" for posting a large amount of comments works. I mean, how does posting a lot of comments make you an expert in brawl? (That's what has me confused.)

Well, the reason why it feels that way is primarily part to the site not being active and so many people wanting to know when it'll be back online. Speaking of which, have we gotten any volunteers for managing the site yet? I almost want to make a forum to ask everyone why we haven't gotten any volunteers so moosehunter will know what to tell them.

One last question,.........., do you think the slow download rate that I'm having with the torrent (when the seeding is activated on your computer) be related to the fact that you come from England and I come from the USA? (My theory is that it takes longer to download the further away from the source you are.)

moosehunter

Smash Ace
One last question,.........., do you think the slow download rate that I'm having with the torrent (when the seeding is activated on your computer) be related to the fact that you come from England and I come from the USA? (My theory is that it takes longer to download the further away from the source you are.)
No

HymGmSsT

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
If I'm not mistaken, more seeders means faster downloading, right? So, the reason it's slow is because I'm the only seeder. If you get more people to seed the same torrent, then you should download it quicker. If you want to download at your maximum possible speed, you'd need probably at least 100 seeders, but maybe 5+ seeders should be OK.

Also for the love of God! Alaric, they are NOT ****ing "Brawl ranks", they are forum ranks. It doesn't actually mean you're good in Brawl. It's ... jesus ****ing christ, take things liter-****ing-ally why don't you? Hey, guess what? I'm a carrot!

Is moosehunter REALLY an "ace" at Brawl? Probably, probably not. But definitely not necessarily.

You REALLY need to learn what forum ranks are, and stop derailing the topic. This is for posting BRSTMs really. But all you do is ask what seems like a simple question, and then suddenly it turns into a full on discussion.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
My dad actually suggested that to me. I'll try it next time I can.

Oh, I get it now. The term "smash" lead me to thinking it was brawl related. Also, if you're a carrot, that would make me the spaghetti. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Whatever.

Pardon me for the "full discussions." I tend to need a lot of details when it comes to stuff like that. Hopefully after this, and after we find someone to help manage the site while moosehunter is away, we'll be able to keep it on topic.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah. The "Smash Apprentice", things are just fun 'ranks' based on how many posts you have. It's like being called "god" for having over 50000 posts for example. You're not actually God.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
I see. Though that now raises the question "has anyone ever gotten that far?"

Also, if you're wondering about the "you being the carrot makes me the spaghetti" thing,..., I like to tell a lot of jokes, and I'm actually tempted to start my own thread where I and the other smashers (the playable characters in the super smash bros games), along with a few other characters that I'd think would make great smashers, do a scheduled "Super Smash Brothers Show," inspired from the Muppet Show (which some of the jokes may come from, FYI), to help keep the fans occupied while we wait for someone to volunteer to manage the site while moosehunter is on his trip. Do you think this is a good idea (start a joke show thread)?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Also for the love of God! Alaric, they are NOT ****ing "Brawl ranks", they are forum ranks. It doesn't actually mean you're good in Brawl. It's ... jesus ****ing christ, take things liter-****ing-ally why don't you? Hey, guess what? I'm a carrot!
You generally don't put curse words within certain words without it sounding like lump. You can't say "liter-lumping-really" without looking like a complete dork. It's not like, for example, "abso-lumping-lutely", where it is totally appropriate to use it.

Anyway:

Phineas and Ferb - Queen of Mars By GaryCXJk - DEMO - BUY
Phineas and Ferb - Phinedroids and Ferbots By GaryCXJk - DEMO - BUY
Phineas and Ferb - S.I.M.P. (Squirrels In My Pants) By GaryCXJk - DEMO - BUY
Phineas and Ferb - Do Nothing Day By GaryCXJk - DEMO - BUY
Phineas and Ferb - You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart By GaryCXJk - DEMO - BUY

EDIT:

And as two bonus tracks, here are two bonus tracks:

GaryCXJk ft. Jonathan Explorer - Yummycakes By GaryCXJk - DEMO
GaryCXJk - YummyPoetry By GaryCXJk - DEMO

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Flame Hyenard

I don't know if he's up for uploading individual files onto mediafire right now, but I think it'll depend on his mood. It will also depend if the brstm was uploaded onto the site before it went down, but only he would know that.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I do know that as well : the Goldeneye N64 folder was online long before the site went down (I even contributed to it, though I was new at the time). :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I see people on FFShrine are putting together game rips of Mario Kart 7's music.

And by god, it's one of the best Mario Kart soundtracks ever.

Rainbow Road's music has
N64 Rainbow Road
's music mixed into it!

It may have engine sounds, but god damn it, I'm making BRSTMs of it until we get a rip with no engine sounds.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

Soundtrack seems to be more epic when you blend the original version with the most recent version for some reason. An example, other than the one you've just mentioned, is the Angel Island theme (Genesis & Brawl mash-up) that was made.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
[yt]gQl4TRN9WqU[/yt]
Listen at 1:11 for something that made me shed a man tear (not literally :laugh:)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I know :p The Mario Kart 64 bit, right? :) If only there wasn't the engine running. Maybe in the not too distant future, we'll get an actual game rip of this. And once that happens... someone will hopefully make BRSTMs from it.

Also, what did you just edit?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Oh, I see. In that case, I now want to know if you'll upload individual game folders or not (which is what I was mainly wanting to know since you said that you had all of the brstms from the site before it went down).

@Segtendo

You are obsessed with that theme.

soneek

Smash Ace
That part of the song is my favorite in every version I've heard before.

BTW I'll have the Fortune Street brstms soon.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yeah I know :p The Mario Kart 64 bit, right? :) If only there wasn't the engine running. Maybe in the not too distant future, we'll get an actual game rip of this. And once that happens... someone will hopefully make BRSTMs from it.

Also, what did you just edit?
I'm already making BRSTMS of it, even though there are SFX :p

Anyways, my edit was to change that :laugh: from a :lol:

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

I now see why your main avatar (except on holidays) is Sonic, for you must have made those BRSTMs at "Sonic Speed."

Top Bottom