• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: A True Spectator Sport

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
This is definetly an awesome idea, the more options the better. besides a little gambling with some drunken friends is always enjoyable

Smash Ace
the update was cool, but Sakurai has an issue that's been getting to me lately. He seems really, really fond of n00bs and nubz, even to the point where seeing this quote would not be surprising:
"Let them [n00bs] win! we all want an equal chance of winning now, don't we?"
Anyway, this was actually a fun update after looking at it twice, bonus points for that Sakurai, but a few docked for the fondness of nubz.
=2007=

JPW

Smash Ace
sounds awesome about Spectator mode be awesome to watch after a day of Brawling.

And I actually want stickers lol, so i'll take part, and Nintendo seems like they'll be updating their stickers.

But it's also going to be cool for betting and comps around the family and such.

It would beat the Poker nights.....

Ah actually let's not go crazy, but we should get more than stickers I reckon maybe a character when you win like $1000, from just pure betting.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
No, it's silver. There was a picture floating around here that's the same exact one.

But, I actually like this update. Not exactly what I thought they'd implement betting in, but it's actually pretty cool. This will be a general way of making a Tier list, and it'll be great to just watch battles when you don't feel like playing (like that'll happen).

Drake3

Smash Ace
It sounded so great when I saw it, and then I realised they stupefied it. I enjoy watching certain matches, like some of the ones we have from Brawl, but the way they have it seems pointless. If people were at least allowed to vote on certain matches we could narrow down the good ones from the bad.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Because more people are noobs then pros. Duh.

Alot of people have never played smash before, or casual, and these are the main buyers. Competitve players in melee was only about 10%. Now who makes a game for only 10% or basically, the minority?

This is a huge game. It want everyone to have fun. He doesnt want to see pros dominate newcomers everytime they play a match online

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I like the way guild wars does its spectator matches because they allow you to watch the really important matches going on that...you might actually care about and want to see. If it's completely random then idk why i would ever use it.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
This would be a nice if you could add Wii numbers, then get a list of all the Wiis that have a game playing. That way you could actually tune into pro matches, but the idea of random = fun screwed up another potentially cool feature.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
it'll be slightly useful for noobs o they can learn what people do to win

the end

Talendime

Smash Ace
We don't even get to pick the stage wo watch the match. You guys realize we'll be watching boring matches WITH ITEMS!
I love items...

And I think this update was actually.. alright.. ahah.. I was really hoping for a character today though.

I think I'll use Spectator mode a lot, to be honest..

On a side note, why does Mic always come up with the gayest names for threads?

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Why would you want to bet if there's no skill in placing the bet. You can't pick the level, you don't know who's fighting, and there will most likely be items!
Why is Las Vegas so successful? STFU and enjoy the feature sakurai is giving us.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
This update was good, and definitaly outshined the rest of the week. The only bad thing about this mode is that you dont get to see the names of the players.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I will finally have a decent screensaver for my TV.

It's quite a bit better even than watching the bright colors and loud sounds on the infomercials.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
They removed names so that you aren't watching P*n*s and T*tt* team fight against c*nt and c*ck.
Without the asterisks, naturally.

saud

Smash Lord
You know, I do see a resemblance between that sticker and Silver. Too bad that sticker is too small.
It's definitely Silver. Just save the picture and zoom in. You'll notice that that character has the same boots, has a shade of light blue on his hands, and has the black shadowy thing on his spikes.

It is Silver.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Why is Las Vegas so successful? STFU and enjoy the feature sakurai is giving us.
I agree...True smashers fight with items and who cares about who the ppl are...as long as yur seeing some serious strategy in it I would say stop bitc#ing, place a bet, and u better pray that the person u betted on doesnt get beaten by a 5 yr-old girl

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
this update sucked more then meta knights in my opinion
i mean why would i watch someone else play when i can be playing the game myself

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I guess it's a cool addition... I know some people really wanted it, so I'm glad it's in for them. I'll probably make some good use of it too actually. Not terribly exciting, but if the replay value wasn't already through the roof, this will help. I used to watch a computer match every once in a while, so this will top that by far. We can also use it as another thing to list when bragging about how much more awesome Smash is than Halo... :) (Yeah, I went there, but I'm just joking around, don't be lame and get offended.)

Le0n

Smash Rookie
Are we watching recorded matches on wii-fi? Or can we pick a match that is about start and watch it...

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Haha! No Olimar 4 U.

Well, at least this is a cool feature. Definitely tops everything else that was shown this week.

P.E. How the hell did I get "Genitalia" trying to spellcheck "Definitely"?

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Thats a great feature, but it seems pointless to not include name tags...

Without mics and name tags, it just seems like your watching computers fight.

Nintendo is clueless when it comes to these sort of things.

Top Bottom