• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowzer: HE'S FRICKIN HUGE!!!!

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
I'm just wondering how many other people noticed.

Bowzer is easily 3-4 times the size he was in Melee. He also seems to be about 2-3 times bigger than any other character so far.

Take a peek:

If you'll notice, the only character that comes close to being the same size is Donkey Kong, but so far, I have yet to find a single picture where Boozer and DK are both in it, so I can't make a decent comparison.

Either way, I think this bodes well for Bowzer. It looks like his character size finally matches his hitbox. Not to mention he has some d**n reach now!

Bowzer for Top Tier!

Spazznid

Smash Cadet
lol ya easily 3 times 'melee size and DK looks maybe 2x normal size as well.

Makes it more realistic IMO.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well if they made Bowser bigger than he was before. Even more proof that Ridley's size isn't an issue.. Not like it ever was one.

And yeah.. he is pretty huge.

-Onyx

Shuma

Smash Hero
No he is not big, he's very small, now ridley, that's a diferent issue 'cause he would cover the whole stage, he's that big.

/sarcasm

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Hmm. Yeah, that's kind of interesting- I hadn't noticed, but he probably would weigh twice as much in Brawl.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I didn't notice that...but he's like a giant turtle tankasaurus now. That's pretty cool that sizes are being seriously established.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Bowzer is easily 3-4 times the size he was in Melee.
o_O

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . O_o

Yeah, he does seem bigger, but three or FOUR times the size he was in Melee? Not quite. I think he's more exaggerated than he was in Melee (bigger spikes on his shell and generally maybe a bulkier build), but he's not all that much more massive.

I'd say he's probably 50-75% bigger.

Tanea

Smash Ace
he is and peach looks smaller i wonder that if that is what wil make them more sturdy so they will flinch less like sakuria or sakurai had said when ike was confirmed

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
o_O

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . O_o

Yeah, he does seem bigger, but three or FOUR times the size he was in Melee? Not quite. I think he's more exaggerated than he was in Melee (bigger spikes on his shell and generally maybe a bulkier build), but he's not all that much more massive.

I'd say he's probably 50-75% bigger.
yeah hes definetly bigger but not 3 times as much.

on a side note, people stop *****ing about ridley! He's pretty much 100% in. and thers is a picture on smash dojo of that mysterious ship and you can see ridley, ganondorf, and master hand faintly in the sky. check it out if u dont believe me

IllidR

Smash Champion
yeah hes definetly bigger but not 3 times as much.

on a side note, people stop *****ing about ridley! He's pretty much 100% in. and thers is a picture on smash dojo of that mysterious ship and you can see ridley, ganondorf, and master hand faintly in the sky. check it out if u dont believe me
I do agree that he does have great chances of being in. But those clouds prove nothing, it's mearly your mind creating what it wants to see in an abstract.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
I do agree that he does have great chances of being in. But those clouds prove nothing, it's mearly your mind creating what it wants to see in an abstract.
Yeah the clouds proved nothing... after that Adventure Mode vid.. that "Characters in the Sky" pic had no meaning anymore.. Its not like you see them forming into Ridley, Bowser, Master Hand, etc..

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
You might be right about this, but than again its just pics but than again lol if you look at the characters size and compare it to bowser he does look alot bigger and so does dk.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Well with a bigger size means bigger target like stated over and over again in this discussion. I just hope he gains something out of it. From that foward punch on fox it would most likely seem they are giving him some better range. So i guess thats a start. Hopefully he wont just be a punching bag with no means of escape in most cases.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I noticed he's bigger too. So is Donkey Kong.

PhantomEdge
and thers is a picture on smash dojo of that mysterious ship and you can see ridley, ganondorf, and master hand faintly in the sky.
You're wrong. If you look closely, you can see that it's actually Godzilla, Frosty the Snowman, and Jesus.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Wow bowser is big... What do u expect?!?!?! He's the king of turtles!!! He's like 3 times Mario in the original game!!!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I just hope he doesn't feel awkward and sloppy this time.

Hopefully, Sakurai will give big characters the longest range. That would fit in well with DK and Ridley.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf should be a bit taller than Link and hopefully they will make him less sluggish but give the player the feeling there is power in his actions

Sinn

Smash Lord
Wow, I never really noticed just how much taller Ganondorf was than Link when I was playing. That's...fairly daunting.

A tall *** Ganondorf would rock in Brawl. I just hope that they don't make us wait when they announce him to find out if they changed his moveset or not.

Florida

イーグランツ
Wow, I never really noticed just how much taller Ganondorf was than Link when I was playing. That's...fairly daunting.

A tall *** Ganondorf would rock in Brawl. I just hope that they don't make us wait when they announce him to find out if they changed his moveset or not.
Sakurai stated that Bowser's style would be a lot different this time, which is basically the same thing as saying that they changed his moveset and attributes in some ways. I'm pretty sure that Sakurai will say something similar when he displays Ganondorf.

Bowser, thankfully, is relating to the actual skyscraper that he is. I'm guessing that Bowser will be huge, extremely heavy, have long range, but have pretty laggy moves. The only thing that he needs is a better recovery, height-wise. Also they should give Bowser unique defenses... like characters will be affected if they land on his spikes (in other words, characters can't footstool jump on Bowser). You know, since the havoc engine is being used this time.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
Sakurai stated that Bowser's style would be a lot different this time,
Well, He didn't say a lot, but just that Boozer would have a slightly different flavor this time around. I'm hoping that means he removed the suck from the King of Koopas.

He also said that the heavier characters were going to have several moves that they wouldn't flinch while performing. (Meaning you can hit them and they'll still continue on.)
Which is how Bowser should be.

Top Bottom