• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's unreliable ledge grab

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
This legitimately makes me angry. Once a match or so, when I try to Fortress to the ledge, one of two things happen:

1) Bowser's shell cuddles with the ledge, but never latches. I die.

2) Bowser's shell rubs up against the ledge while rising all the way up and over it. I die.

What is this crap?

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
You kind of have to aim straight for the sweet spot most of the time.

1) Not really sure why that would happen. Were you too low?

2) I'm guessing you overshot and went too far from the edge while recovering low.

EarthenPillar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-1441-9789
This frustrates the hell out of me to sometimes. It's very annoying when you lose by Bowser's weird Ledge Phobia.

It's bad enough up-B facing backwards doesn't click to ledge, yet passes over and gives a free smash to the opponent.
Or that his collision box is so huge he has to come up from underneath vs good ledge campers. (Possible mixup/setup for being gimped)

All that can still be accountable for.
What's the worst is how random it can be for Bowser to just slide pass the edge! *as you're holding towards the ledge, brushing it)

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
I have nightmares of Lumiose city because of this T_T

But on other stages i don't really have the problem you seems to have with edges. When you recover backwards then you better be ready with that L button and be confident with
your tech skills.

Never had this "edge phobia" though.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
And this bull**** needs to get FIXED!!!!!!!!

I've lost at least three games today (games I was winning) because Bowser decided that he just didn't feel like grabbing the ledge.

I'm dubbing this **** "LEDGE TRIPPING"...

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
This ledge grab unreliability is annoying. Don't know if this was intended or a glitch, but it's cost me matches and frustrating stock losses.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
For the record, there's a post in the main forum about how people are noticing their DOUBLE JUMPS are mysteriously disappearing in online matches as well, and it's something that MANY have corroborated...

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
Double jumps disappearing online? I thought it was only me who was experiencing that, and it was my fault.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
If you side B in the air to make Bowser face the ledge before you recover then you shouldn't have significant ledge problems unless you're not mashing B enough or mashing too much

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
I notice Bowser's ledgegrab sweetspot is much smaller when he is facing away from the ledge after an aerial fortress. The times where I input Up B too quickly after shielding a heaving attack and go flying and try to save myself by grabbing the ledge if I'm close enough, I end up missing the ledge and killing myself, even though Bowser's rear is touching the ledge when he would more than easily grab it if he's facing the ledge.

@ MrEh MrEh Off topic, but where did the animated GIF in your sig come from? I find myself staring at it for several minutes straight when I see it at times.

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
I notice Bowser's ledgegrab sweetspot is much smaller when he is facing away from the ledge after an aerial fortress. The times where I input Up B too quickly after shielding a heaving attack and go flying and try to save myself by grabbing the ledge if I'm close enough, I end up missing the ledge and killing myself, even though Bowser's rear is touching the ledge when he would more than easily grab it if he's facing the ledge.

@ MrEh MrEh Off topic, but where did the animated GIF in your sig come from? I find myself staring at it for several minutes straight when I see it at times.
That's how a lot of characters are. They cannot snap to the ledge while facing away from the ledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhHhXukovMU

Top Bottom