• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Suicide Attack Results

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Only applies if both Bowser and the opponent have 1 life left

After using this move 37 times, one time each per character (this includes Sheik and ZSS), I've concluded that no matter what character he Suicides with, Bowser will win.

The Gimpyfish vid showing a Sudden Death result might have been because the Suicide was used at a different level. Apparently, at Final Destination, when performed at ground level, Bowser will win (If facing Ice Climbers, Make sure you grabbed Popo and not Nana).

If you experience a different result than the info shows, let me know, post a vid of it, if you have one, and I'll check it out.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Sorry but you are wrong...play as Snake. Bowser does not "auto-win" and it will go into Sudden Death. Please don't lie next time and save the spam.

(^^)v

Smash Rookie
My friends and I were having this same discussion about which player takes priority during Bowser's suicide. We didn't bother testing with every character, but on the few we did try it with (1stock, FD, ground level), both players died at the same time and triggered a sudden death round.

Sorry but you are wrong...play as Snake. Bowser does not "auto-win" and it will go into Sudden Death. Please don't lie next time and save the spam.
No need to be a jerk about it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
When i mean ground level, i mean when the enemy is on the ground!! And i said i did this in the Final Destination Stage Only! Maybe you need to understand what i say before posting stuff like this.

Maybe you did this while Bowser was in the air. The victim will have an animation when he/she struggles to get out of the move. That may vary depending on the conditions you had.

Let's try this again,
When the enemy is on the Final Destination's floor standing, when you do the move on the ground too, Those are the results you get! That's as specific as i can make it.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I tested this as well. I even tested it against Gimpy's "failure" Lucas. It was a win for Bowser. I don't know what causes Sudden Death, but 9/10 times Bowser seems to be declared the winner.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I use this and while I will mostly get the win when using it to intercept them as they try to come back to the stage, I have gotten sudden death with many characters, not just small ones. I have gotten into a sudden death when I used it against a Peach, Wario, and Yoshi. Did you test this when the opponent is DIing the move?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
every time i've done it vs a cpu i've won, most of the time i do it vs a person i get a sudden death

i dont know what influences it, but it cant be tested w/o a human opponent.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I suppose the outcomes do vary on certain things, such as the height of which you do the move at and the character you're doing it against. I never gotten Sudden death outta it yet.

And welcome back Gimpy :)

Wafflekin

Smash Cadet
My friend was using it on me a few matches, and he won every time. I switched over to play Bowser a few matches. One life left, I grabbed him, jumped off the edge. Sudden death. I don't think it ever happened to us again after that.

Altheman1

Smash Rookie
Is it possible that doing the claw and DI-ing backwards (as opposed to forwards)has some effect? I was playing against a person (I believe that it was falco) and this was my result.

Another hypothesis is that if your opponent DIs correctly, then it results in a sudden death.

dario03

Smash Rookie
I've gone to sudden death twice and have only used the move for a win maybe 6 times. I don't remember the first one except that it was against a computer on a custom stage. The second time was against my friend on the new fzero stage and he was Ike. Did the move at the point where your standing on a small building with wholes inbetween platforms.

Joe T.E.

Smash Rookie
I think I may be the only one to know what may cause the sudden death. The Dojo stated that depending on the damage of both Bowser, and his victim, the victim can use the control stick to flip themselves to the top instead of bowser if used right, and it also affects his horizontal movement in the air. Basically, Bowser will usually win if the foe does not do anything once in it. If the foe tries the method the Dojo stated, either they will be on top, making them win instead, or more likely, they'll end up in a position where both die at the same time, causing sudden death. I have not tested this myself, but after actually experienceing trajectory changes due to victim interference, I knew what the Dojo stated might be true.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I think I may be the only one to know what may cause the sudden death. The Dojo stated that depending on the damage of both Bowser, and his victim, the victim can use the control stick to flip themselves to the top instead of bowser if used right, and it also affects his horizontal movement in the air. Basically, Bowser will usually win if the foe does not do anything once in it. If the foe tries the method the Dojo stated, either they will be on top, making them win instead, or more likely, they'll end up in a position where both die at the same time, causing sudden death. I have not tested this myself, but after actually experienceing trajectory changes due to victim interference, I knew what the Dojo stated might be true.
This is what I thought at first, and although it makes sense, I don't think this is the case.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/bowser.html

Under the picture showing Wario above Bowser, I think the "the opponent can fight back" bit is referring to the horizontal DI they can influence. It doesn't say anything about being able to flip Bowser over and put him on the bottom instead--if that happened, wouldn't Bowser lose the match? I haven't heard of any cases where a Klaw Suicide caused Bowser to lose the match, nor has it ever happened to me. It's possible that Wario being on top was just a picture taken at a bad time, where Bowser is still rising with his opponent off of the ground (he does a flip as he's rising with them).

St. Viers

Smash Champion
<_< I thought I posted in this before....I'm getting old

to test this properly:

1. Have a human taking control of the other character, and have them always DI back AWAY FROM the stage. Because if this happens when the other guy has control, them DIing towards the stage will save them <_<

2. Do it when:
Booser is at 0, opponent at 0
Booser is at 0, opponent at "high %"
Booser is at "high %", opponent at 0
Booser is at "high %", opponent at "high %"
Booser is at "high %", opponent at "higher %"
Booser is at "higher %", opponent at "high %"

3. Do it 4-5 time with each character

Only then should you change the stage, and the height at which it was done.

Zero%

Smash Cadet
oh ! so that how you do it i just pressed all the buttuns trying to get out :(

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
First player>Second player>Third player>Fourth player.

Problem solved.

What will this do to Bowser in tournament play though? Will players fight for first player? Or will SD be ignored?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
it depends on the factors that determine the "struggle" between bowser and the other player. we know that CPU's are always good at things like "struggling" as seen by kirbies front throw and back throw(from melee and maybe brawl, havnt had much time with kirby yet in brawl). if you and the other character are both facing upwards(both characters heads are in the same position as a person standing) it will probably end in a tie, due to the speed you fall at though (and being off screen) its hard to see this change in positions. this is just my 2 cents on this matter though, and I might be wrong.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
You know, it might have to do with the fact human players can struggle against it, so if they DI up it might be what's causing it.

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
You know, it might have to do with the fact human players can struggle against it, so if they DI up it might be what's causing it.
I've messed around with it for an hour after zeon told me about the player thing, no mater what input you do it goes by what player you are. Please don't try to argue against this. It's a really stupid thing and spreading bad info over and over gets old. It's a bad design and will probably just end up letting the bowser win in the end at tourneys. If not and it becomes a don't do it move what's to stop the other player from making bowser do it to himself. It's going to be real lame if Bowser wont be able to use one of his main moves.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
I've messed around with it for an hour after zeon told me about the player thing, no mater what input you do it goes by what player you are. Please don't try to argue against this. It's a really stupid thing and spreading bad info over and over gets old. It's a bad design and will probably just end up letting the bowser win in the end at tourneys. If not and it becomes a don't do it move what's to stop the other player from making bowser do it to himself. It's going to be real lame if Bowser wont be able to use one of his main moves.
Thank you.

Me14k

Smash Lord
First player>Second player>Third player>Fourth player.

Problem solved.

What will this do to Bowser in tournament play though? Will players fight for first player? Or will SD be ignored?
I am almost positive that controller port effects the outcome. I have done a lot of testing on this yesterday.

There was controller port priority in melee also, mostly with edge grabbing.

There won't be any big rules against bowser/controller slots unless something new turns up that takes advantage of slot priority...as of now this is the only priority change i know of.

Let's try to keep this on the down-low so we don't have to make a fight for 1st slot (which I will make sure I get :-) ).

EDIT: Being that bowser is low tier and not commonly played, I don't see any rules being made against this. After all, it isn't THAT cheap.

Zek

Smash Ace
Sounds like the common sense solution is for tourney rules to just ignore the sudden death after a bowsercide. Though I imagine Bowser vs. Bowser matches will be pretty rare so he could just be given the first slot.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the opponent DI'ing upward or elsewise. If they're pulling up on him, it probably ends up leading to a tie.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
After extensive testing, I....no longer have a clue. It seems random, with Sudden Death actually occuring more often in online matches than offline against my friends and roommates. So I don't know.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
I was having a 1 on 1 online match with my friend, and I did the Bowsercide to his Falco when he had 100% and I had 0% and it went to Sudden Death. I ran up to him and did the Bowsercide again, and he landed up winning the match! WTF?!

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
It's completely based on controller slot priority--tested it and everything. This means P1>P2>P3>P4. I know other people have already said this; I'm just verifying it.

On a side note, lol @ MagnuM ^-^

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
maybe I'm a bit behind but can't the bowsercide be reversed or flipped? (as seen on dojo)...so isn't it possible during last minute flips , both characters are caught on their side and it goes to Sudden Death? i dunno just a thought, don't flame if something has been changed. I also just read the first page and skipped the second so sorry if someone already brought this up haha. Either way, and this needs to be said...

Bowser is the best character EVER!!! =P!!!!!

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
This is what I thought at first, and although it makes sense, I don't think this is the case.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/bowser.html

Under the picture showing Wario above Bowser, I think the "the opponent can fight back" bit is referring to the horizontal DI they can influence. It doesn't say anything about being able to flip Bowser over and put him on the bottom instead--if that happened, wouldn't Bowser lose the match? I haven't heard of any cases where a Klaw Suicide caused Bowser to lose the match, nor has it ever happened to me. It's possible that Wario being on top was just a picture taken at a bad time, where Bowser is still rising with his opponent off of the ground (he does a flip as he's rising with them).
Wow, I was trying to multiquote two things and failed horribly. I multiquoted and used a quick post, assuming it would carry onto that. Looks like I was wrong :dizzy:

Anyways, I better not waste another post. Best to edit this.

piefayth

Smash Rookie
It's completely based on controller slot priority--tested it and everything. This means P1>P2>P3>P4. I know other people have already said this; I'm just verifying it.

On a side note, lol @ MagnuM ^-^
I can confirm this as well.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
To those who say you can flip bowser around in the air from looking at the picture on the dojo. Its just bowser as hes flipping in the air during his attack animation :/

YOU PEOPLE THINK TOO HARD LOL

Top Bottom